Canto Not Activating Glitch

I was playing through Radiant Dawn recently and came across a very specific glitch on 3-9. I moved Geoffrey (a level 1 Silver Knight) to defeat the Axe General at the center of the map near the grass between two houses. I can't say if this is relevant, but he was using a Steel Greatlance that was on use 18/35. Afterwards, he was supposed to get about three spaces worth of Canto, but it never activated. He's still in color, as if he's in the middle of Canto, but his range doesn't show up. The game thinks a Canto is going on since I can't access the pause menu or anything of that nature, but his range never appeared. Clicking on other spaces around the map doesn't help either. I can access information for other units on the map by using B+1, but Geoffrey's will not show up. He can order units around still, but nothing else can be done. I've been doing a bit of digging and can't find anything that pertains to this glitch having taken place before. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem before. I'm going to have to reset regardless, but I really want to know what happened. I'm using a physical copy of Radiant Dawn on the Wii U. 

Edit: I randomly used the Order command and had the units target a specific lancer and the glitch fixed itself? I have no idea what caused or ended this glitch, but the issue has been resolved. 

Edited by digitaldreams

There are grass tiles next to the mentioned general which cost movement. Idk remember how much they cost, though.

I'm fairly certain this is the reason.

I've never ever heared of that kind of glitch of a FE10 copy.

Try the same with the other paladins. If same happens, then you have the confirmation it's not a glitch.

Edited by Necrofantasia

He was standing just outside the grass before attacking, so I wouldn't suspect the grass to completely sap his movement like that. The wait command wasn't working either after I moved him, which makes me think something in the game went wrong for a moment and it freaked out. Whatever it was, I have no idea what caused it nor do I know how it randomly fixed itself.