Time for some positivity. What have you liked out of Heroes 2018?

Arcphoenix

I feel sometimes that we can be a bit over-critical of IS. Sure, there are definitely good reasons to be, but I feel it isn't fair to overlook the good things that have come into the game as of late. It's also always good to think about the good in difficult times. So I have to ask, what additions or changes from this year have you favored most. Don't feel you have to limit yourself to this year though. If you have hope for the future of FEH, why? What are you hoping might happen later on, realistic or unrealistic as it may be.

From the best/worst change in 2018 thread

Best:

Bride Tharja
Summer Camilla
Morgans, Karla, (Summer) Noire, Maribelle, Silvia, Nina,  Flora, and Aversa  all made it in the game this year.
It made Grima interesting
Getting TT and ghb units through Grails
Combat Manuals
 Aether Raid
Mass Demotions
The daily summoning event
Tempest Trails changes 
Lots of new personal weapons for older characters

well. I mean. a few months ago i was about to quit the game. but i'm here, and i am able to do a lot of things. 
I don't think it's perfect but no game is, and i like a lot of the stuff that they do and the stuff i don't, well i just don't do it very much and do the stuff i do enjoy. :) 

my hope is, the game just doesn't go away. i like it and it's really made me passionate about other FE franchises (and i hope they use this to make reboots)

Hm...I can't say much.

Yukata Elincia and Yukata Ryoma

Legendary Ike, Ephraim, and Ryoma

Book III seems really cool

Saber's refine

SILAS

And that's really it.

Edited by Anacybele

-Micaiah & Sothe finally being in the game (still waiting for Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan though)

-Legendary Ike, Marth, and Tiki

-2 seasonal banners to not have any Fates/Awakening characters

-Micaiah alt

-Grails

-Navarre buff

-and the fact that I invested in an anti-armor unit; allowing me to breezing through Arena since IS can't stop making armor units.

Refines for Katarina/Nephenee/The whitewings/Innes/Saber
Noire was added to the game in some capacity
Miccy and Flora also added
Summoning Tickets 
GRIMA
Rarity Drop
LEGIONSES MERGES (and a chance for more joshua, Valter and marisa merges too) 

Edited by Mackc2

The negativity is one reason I don't post here as often as I used to, so glad to see any thread which is willfully trying to get away from it. :)

Things I liked:

-New characters I'm a fan of such as Micaiah and Lyon

-New alternate forms for characters I'm a fan of like Camilla, Xander, Eirika, and Micaiah

-Lots of new Prf weapons

-Combat manuals

=Tempest Trials becoming more user-friendly

-Abyssal Grand Hero Battles, even though many of them are 2tough4me. Also the Grand Hero Battle quests early in the year.

-Far more orbs than in 2017

-Book 2 plot was uhhhh... better than book 1!

Combat Manuals are a god send. I still need more Barracks space though.

The first few weeks of Aether Raids before Mythic Heroes came out.

Mass demotions.

Quality of life improvements for Tempest Trials.

Weapon Refinements for older units.

• Genealogy Units
  • Tellius Units
  • Micaiah and Elincia getting alts.
  • More attention to Gray Units (especially staff units)
  • Mass Demotions
  • Improved Tempest Trials
  • A Fates banner without alts.

• Having more Eirikas I know how salty people get about that, but I love each and every Eirika equally, it's in my title ffs!
  • Micaiah (I used to dislike her before but FEH changed my opinion on her)
  • Combat manuals
  • Abyssal maps
  • Grails

That's about it for me, everything else tends to have a huge "BUT" attached.

All the Legendary Heroes (minus Ryoma and Lyn)

Book 2 finally ending

10/12 summer units (sorry Innes and Cordelia?)

Helbindi, Laegjarn, and Ylgr being interesting/fun characters 

Brave Veronica 

Hel, Lif, and Thrasir's designs

Tempest Trials being the only interesting storyline

Lewyn

Heroic Grails

The potential Book 3 is bringing (watch IS ruin it)

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I feel sometimes that we can be a bit over-critical of IS. Sure, there are definitely good reasons to be, but I feel it isn't fair to overlook the good things that have come into the game as of late.

Not according to this community

I liked the refines in general

Fallen Heroes

Laegjarn

Legendary Lucina

There wasn't much I enjoy this year compare to the last.

Any problems I have with the game I have more problems with the community

Plenty of things got me excited this year.

• Weapon Refinery breathing new life into units released last year
  • Kaze, Silas, Kliff, Owain, Ophelia and Flora being added to the game
  • Finding new characters from older games to like such as L'Arachel and Marisa
  • Alts for Marth, Eirika and even Reinhardt. Also Matt Mercer giving us the 'Being Helpful' quote via Chrom and Chris Smith and his anti magic quote given to Reinhardt.
  • Azura and Tiki being Legendary Heroes
  • Celica and Hector being the top two favorite characters this year
  • Other games in the series getting seasonal alts
  • Grails adding a way to get more merges for GHB/TT units
  • Combat Manuals freeing up space in the barracks
  • Feather farming in Rivals Domain which helped me fully merge some of my units such as A!Tiki, Reinhardt and Kaze

I love all the improvements to menus and new capabilities to making team and unit management so much easier. Lite version was also a godsend given how little space I have on my phone. I appreciate that IS is still working to keep older units relevant to the meta. I also love the minor tweaks that have made the game better in a way that either made things easier without taking away the actual difficulty from battles or making things more accessible. Previewing maps and teams for example. I also love that IS is constantly working on this game, rather than just dumping it in the app store as a buggy mess and calling it a day and just adding things that make money *cough* HDN 4GO and whatever DLC it had *cough*. I'm also glad that they at least listen to our feedback... Even if they're a bit slow at times and likely tack things on at the end of their likely lengthy plans. We got Leif, and in 2019 we'll be getting Beaststone units and a Binding Blade banner. I hope FEH gets better and better as time goes on and that everything is in a satisfactory state later down in the line. That, yet the game continues to evolve, develop, and change but never die out. I enjoy this game and appreciate the hard work the developers put in this game. I also love that I can get joy from playing and feel that I can eventually play at a competitive level after enough team development, even as an F2P player

• An influx of representation for (most) of the GBA titles and seasonals venturing away from being focused entirely on Fates and Awakening.
  • Male Corrin wearing Azura's dress and a pair of hammer pants looking like a fucking snack.
  • A mass demotion of formerly hard to obtain older characters, alongside the 4/5 star rarity of such useful units like L'arachel, Soliel, and Legault.
  • Aether Raids: a competitive game mode where I can actually go ham with my +10 L'arachel and not get penalized for using her to ORKO units instead of spoonfeeding kills to the latest flavour of the month unit.
  • Heroic Grails opening up a whole new world of possibilities involving the f2p units: making them more viable as both skill fodder AND serious merge projects.
  • In relation to the above, discovering newfound respect for units like New Year's Corrin, Marisa and Garon due to their potential as merge projects.
  • Heroic Feats - despite a flawed execution - fostering a sense of the community all working towards a common goal and providing free units. Free units - even if they wind up being feather fodder - are always appreciated.
  • ACCESSORIES
  • As reviled as it was, Adrift opened the possibility of seeing alternate universe interpretations of existing heroes that are more of a departure than just "okay but what if THIS Loki/Veronica actually helped us." And I just really fucking dig alternate universe shit.
  • Veronica receiving some nice character development and having some pretty nice scenes interacting with the other characters. (eg. Shittalking Laevateinn because she knows that she can't retaliate without angering Surtr, playing the straight man to Ylgr's rambling, acting as a moral counterbalance to Surtr, showing concern over Xander's well being, so on.)
  • Veronica of all people winning CYL and becoming one of the absolute best staff units from it.
  • Just Veronica in general, really. It's been a decent year for her.
  • Combat Manuals being a massive quality of life improvement, like holy crap how did I even function before being able to do that.
  • Weapon Refines and new Prf Weapons breathing new life into older units, often with cool and unique skills and abilities.
  • Literally all of the designs, art and aesthetic for Book 3. Including the music. Yes, even the screamo. There, I said it.
  • Summoning Tickets are a great orb saving tool and help for sniping if you're so inclined. 
  • Tempest Trials now actually feel completable.
  • Grand Conquests dish out some real nice rewards for not much investment. My friend list and frontline unit actually mean something now and I can take pride in the number of people who use my L'arachel for their team.

-The addition of Heroic Grails, I can finally merge up my Linus and LA!Eliwood (although it's gonna take a long, LONG time...) and the players are able to get the TT/GHB that they had missed like me, I was able to get LA!Eliwood and NY!Corrin thanks to the Hero Grails

-The Black Fang Banner, although why did we get Karla instead of Sonia on a BLACK FANG banner is beyond me.

-Florina finally getting some love with her new refine, my +3 Florina can do a even better job in the arena and she's a GOOD unit right now (not even kidding)

-Muspell Generals Banner

-Legendary Hector

-Fae and Cecilia getting Winter Alts, FE6 finally gets some love (can't wait for the FE6 banner in March!)

-Summoning Tickets

-Book 2

And that's pretty much it to be honest.

• Refines
  • Duell Skills, I don't rely on Legendary heroes for Tier 20,5. So Duell skills make me more flexible.
  • Mikoto, even if its an alt. I still want to pull for her and have better luck next time T_T
  • Summoning Tickets, used with brain they can help in saving orbs and still get a shot
  • Feather income
  • Grails, thanks to them I can put Aversa in my offensive Arena team next year
  • Book 3, characters like Eir and Hel

The Morgans were added this year right? That's pretty great, especially how male Morgan didn't end up ditched and ignored. 

Heroes also did an amazing job with Julius. His updated design looks amazing and reflects both his evil but also his boyish nature. In general they did a good job portraying Julius as a little brat with Sanatic powers. 

Putting in Takumi for the summer banner was a pretty good move. Takumi has a pretty high number of fangirls who would like to see him like that but the setting also really fits Takumi. Fates dlc makes it very clear that Takumi really wants to go to the beach and thus a very happy swimsuit alt is very natural for Takumi. They even pulled out a pretty obscure trait of him being good with kids by pairing him with Tiki. 

Helbendi was a pretty big success. It was very sympathetic how they had the plot torture the poor guy the entire time.

I agree with people about the way they improved Tempest Trials, Combat Manuals, the LITE mode, refines and all those quality of life stuff that made the game better.

Aether Raids is a great mode, screw the haters.

Alts for a lot more characters that aren't from the 3DS compared to last year Lyn and Caeda.

Alts for the dragons, (f*ck yeah!) they are so adorable. Come on IS gimme Summer Kurthnaga, Bride Lilith and Reindeer Ena for 2019.

Seasonal alts given for free, a very good trend that started at the beginning of 2018 with Corrin. If it wasn't for this I would now not have any unit from New Year and I really love the idea of having at least a unit for each holyday. It brings happiness to my heart, and is something they really didn't have to do, but they did anyway to make us happy.

I also want to add that Veronica continued to be the best character of the game, which really pleases me. I am very grateful they didn't ruin her.

Last but not least, they added a ton of units that made me really happy. Aversa and F!Kana above all.

When Heroes first came out i quit after 2 months. at this point i cannot remember why but im glad i started back up this summer cause im really enjoying it. i actually dont mind spending money on the game cause im actually playing it a lot everyday and have been consistently for 5 months. i think there doing a lot of good things they just need to stop reskinning the same characters over and over again unless they actually have alternate outfits (ex. ike). I wish some things were a little easier to get like sacred coins and hero feathers but otherwise im usually pretty pleased.

30 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

When Heroes first came out i quit after 2 months. at this point i cannot remember why

The game was incredibly barebones, player unfriendly with QoL issues, felt unfinished/rushed