Time for some positivity. What have you liked out of Heroes 2018?

Arcphoenix

• Lots of significant units, most significantly the remaining main characters and a bunch of noteworthy antagonists. Micaiah, Sothe, Myrrh, L'Arachel, Lyon, Hardin, Leif, Nanna, Finn, Julius, Ishtar, Linus, Walhart, Quan, Ethlyn, Lewyn, Garon, Kliff, Owain, Aversa, and Gharnef were all pretty striking absences before, and I'm glad they're all here now.
  • Making all new OCs playable rather than just a handful of protagonists.
  • I'm a big fan of this year's Valentine's Day, Performing Arts, Halloween, and Christmas banners. The CYL2 banner also had some cool alts.
  • Daily GHBs and Special Training maps. Remember when we had to use Training Tower for our grinding? I do not miss that time.
  • Speaking of daily GHBs, the Elite GHB quests were a really neat extra challenge. Abyssal LHBs continue that as a chance to get pushed to the limit every month.
  • So many new personal weapons and refines.
  • Tactics Drills are a really fun chance to play around with obscure strategies, as well as rare characters.
  • Mass demotion. It's something I remember specifically thinking would be too optimistic, but it happened.
  • Combat Manuals. Never have to worry about barracks space again.
  • Blessings becoming widely available, particularly through Blessed Gardens. They were really tight at the beginning of the year, unless you pulled a bunch of extra copies of Fjorm/Gunnthra.
  • Heroic Grails finally fixed the long-standing GHB/TT unit availability problem.
  • Aether Raids are pretty neat.
  • Non-infantry dragons and daggers, as well as other new unit types.
  • Reruns of old seasonal banners.
  • Increased consistency of having 1-2 free units associated with almost every main banner, even most seasonals. (Only exceptions are the spring banner, the three summer banners, and the Muspell banner.)
  • Lots of useful Sacred Seals, including some skills that aren't too easy to get otherwise.
  • Beasts finally being announced. They aren't in the game yet, but confirmation that they're coming soon is still pretty great.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

The game was incredibly barebones, player unfriendly with QoL issues, felt unfinished/rushed

also felt like i did everything possible at the time but now with events and quests coming out at a decent steady pace its a lot better

Almost everything really in terms of gameplay. I will list what I disliked instead:

*Duel skills existing

*Babysitting Arena meta. Arena had just become fun with the stronger bonus unit and reduced streak...

*Palla's refine.

*Relay Defense

*Warp GC/RD earlygame.

Everything else was solid as far as I care, or just doesn't affect me because playing for rank on a gacha is a hilariously bad idea.

In terms of banners and units, my only problem with ALL of the units we got so far was H!Kagero straying so very far from her event's theme.

There is a lot about the game in 2018 that I am a big fan of:

• Combat Manuals
  • Certain Refinements: Camilla, Est, Celica, Caeda, Lilina and Nephenee as some examples
  • 40% Bonus for all of Tempest Trails with the bonus unit
  • Demotions of certain units (FUCK YOU JAKOB)
  • Adding Characters I like (whether I have them is another thing, pre-existing knowledge): Ophelia, Nina, Libra, Myrrh, Kaze, Micaiah, Kana (both genders), Legault, Maribelle, Quan, Silas and Mikoto
  • Adding Characters I've enjoyed using: Lewyn, Eir, Laevitein and Ishtar to name a few 
  • Forging Bonds
  • Holy Grails to get merges on GHB and TT units
  • Finally giving me Elise and good IV's for: Cordelia, Tharja, Camilla and Nowi to name a few
  • Seasonal's/Alt's for: Niles, Tana, Innes, Myrrh, Elincia, Hinoka, Eirika, Ryoma
  • Daily GHB re-runs
  • Training Maps being permanent 
  • Bonus stats for bonus units in arena
  • Announcements for 2019: Merges fixing banes and Nailah

I still very much enjoy the game and hope I still do in 2019.

Combat manuals, new PRFs and refinements for older characters, grails, demotions, and Abyssal difficulty are some of my favorite additions to the game this uear.  Got some characters added I've been wanting since the start like Myrrh and Kana, alts for Tiki Myrrh and Fae, and even a freebie singer in Smolzura.  Ike, being my favorite main character, was just wonderful to get as the first legendary hero and be free, and it's his buff RD design.  Tiki's another legendary I was super hyped about, the only one I pulled for. 

Thanks a lot for trying to bring some positivity.

Things I really liked that year:

• Some really good units/fodder from TT and GHB lately
  • Grails to merge the ones we like
  • Combat Manuals, so I won't have to send units home ever again
  • New weapons and refines to make some old units way better
  • Letting us farm HM for units I wouldn't use in GHB and Rival Domains
  • Book 3 looking like they might actually try with a story
  • All the units I liked this year

Might be more that I don't think of at the moment.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:40 PM, Dragoncat said:

I'm gonna say LAGUZ.

That’s for next year tho XD

-Forging Bonds offers a rather pitiful reward in resources, but at least it doesn’t consume much time, and the main selling point, the character interactions, sell

-Last year was justified, but there was no excuse for having at least one Fates in virtually every single seasonal this year. The upside though, is that they were sharing the alts with non Awakening games, where they haven’t seen being silly in their home games, not to mention the increase of their quality as units, so they won’t be dismissed as pure fan service by default

-Fallen Heroes, nothing else is needed to be said

-Legendary Heroes

-Book III started strong

-Aether Raids

- Weaps refineries. While rarely upgrading their owners very high on the tier list, at least prevents them being immediately dismissed 

-Other than Celica, this year’s Brave Heroes are the shit

-In relation with the above, the last minute victory of Veronica was beautiful 

-While it came at the cost of making them too powerful in practice, armored are pretty viable units

-Julius and Gharnef Wesker

pretty sure I got more, but these are the ones on my head

A lot of things actually:

-Mass demotions

-Combat manuals

-The concept behind Grand Conquests and Relay defense

-More characters from different games

-The Festival in Hoshido banner

-The Summer Celebration for the first year and a half of the game

-Aether Raids

-The beginning of Book III

- The announcement of beast units

-The fact that IntSys seems to be aware of some of the players' wishes (when before Adrift they announced the Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade banners).

The best thing that came out for me was the release of Combat Manuals.  I was reluctant to send heroes home because I like a healthy stash of heroes for SI, but this feature made my life significantly easier - I went from over 1000 heroes in my barracks down to just over 400 from combat manuals alone.  Kudos to IS for doing that.

The changes to Tempest Trials this year were great as well.  Now all bonus units are 40%, and the event is shortened from 14 to 10 days, with the points needed for all rewards permanently halved.  While I wish the mini TTs were back, I absolutely love what they did to TTs to make it easier for folks.

I love the introduction of the Free Summon Tickets.  Now there's a much better chance to get a free 5* hero on certain banners.  I wish we could save summon tickets for other banners, but just this feature per se is a godsend.

There's a lot more for me to like than dislike in this game.  I could list them all, but then it'd be a long essay.  I still enjoy this game very much, and hopefully this stays true for a long time.

Here's to 2019!

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

-Last year was justified, but there was no excuse for having at least one Fates in virtually every single seasonal this year. The upside though, is that they were sharing the alts with non Awakening games, where they haven’t seen being silly in their home games, not to mention the increase of their quality as units, so they won’t be dismissed as pure fan service by default

They did get better about that, to be fair. Much better, actually.

2017:

• Spring: 2 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Brides: 1 Awakening, 1 Fates
  • Summer 1: 4 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • Summer 2: 0 Awakening, 4 Fates
  • Dancers: 2 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Halloween: 2 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Christmas: 4 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • New Year's: 0 Awakening, 4 Fates

Average of 1.875 of each per banner.

2018:

• Valentine's Day: 0 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • Spring: 0 Awakening, 1 Fates
  • Brides: 1 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • Summer 1: 2 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • Summer 2: 0 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Dancers: 0 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Halloween: 0 Awakening, 2 Fates
  • Christmas: 0 Awakening, 0 Fates
  • New Year's: 0 Awakening, 0 Fates

"At least one Fates in every single seasonal" isn't actually true: less than half of the banners had any Fates units, and Awakening had even less.

Average of 0.333 Awakening per banner and 0.778 Fates, which is a huge decrease.

To be fair, this does ignore Adrift since it isn't technically seasonal, and that was a disaster.

Edited by Othin