What 2019 should bring to us

Garlyle

What I hope it will bring: 

More balance - the game actually starts to realise FE has quite a lot of male characters to choose from again. It also only picks characters (male and female) that don't have an alt for ordinary banners. It also has more banners from the less represented games - not just the one for RD and BB but maybe another one for both those game, and a Thracia and Archanea one!

Reduction in seasonal banners - those on them also don't have an alt already. Give some other characters time to shine. There are tonnes of popular characters without an alt (hey, look at the male pool again for inspiration!). 

More demotions - we have gone way too long without any demotions. It's friggin' ridiculous. I'd love them to bring back four person new banners with two people getting demoted each time. They can save two person banners for the side banners. 

Maybe a way to buy skills without having to get the units first, to make the more premium skills a bit more available. 

More ways of getting Divine Dew, one of the most stupidly restricted currencies to exist! 

More ways of getting Grails because AR sucks and I don't see that changing. 

What I expect: More premium skills. More stupidly op characters. More females. Males forgotten. Thracia forgotten. What is an Archanea? 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Give Rebecca the friggin Reinfleche already 

How you gonna give Raven Basilikos and do her dirty like that???

yes please. god. I have a great Rebecca, so if she got a refine i could totally merge her up and kill ppl. 
(I dunno what Reinfleche is but it sounds deadly)

Oh, I gotta echo Cute Chao's want for more ways to get Divine Dew. Also could use more ways to get Refining Stones and Sacred Coins. I don't think we get nearly enough of any of these.

• More ways of getting Divine Dew
  • Cheaper orbs
  • Skill Shop
  • Better alt pacing
  •  Summoning pool dilution fix. Maybe a permanent 3* pool?
  •  Easier way to obtain older seasonal units
  • More characters from my wishlist in the game
  •  More Demotions for new banners 

3 hours ago, Yukiko said:

I really hope there won't be more than 5 alts for a character. Lyn, Lucina, Azura, Chrom...

So possibility for 1 CYL, 1 Mythic/Legendary, one that's neither, and two seasonals?

• It would be nice if they bring characters from other games besides the 3DS ones.
  • Some sort of store where we can purchase some skills, so for those that don't want to spend orbs could have some way of getting reposition and stuff. Or another type of summon like FP from FGO as one user stated here.
  • More ways to get grails
  • Maybe try to make the story and tempest trial more exciting or make me care about it (gameplay and writing wise). TT is a drag, right now the only reason for me to get excited about a new chapter/gaiden is just for the free orbs.   

Hopefully next year will bring some excitement, right now I just log in to collect orb, do one battle of aether, and do whatever GHB/Orb maps show up.

-OG Charlotte, Christmas Camilla and Halloween Peri are my big character hopes for the year. Realistically Charlotte has the best chance of those.

-A skill shop would be excellent but I'm not placing any bets on IS really making one. I think the tier 4 skills and such will remain premium whale bait.

-A good new event mode. As usual, lack of content to use all these units we keep accumulating is one of the game's main flaws. The cycle of TT/GC/VG is really played out and needs something new and fun(unlike Relay Defense).

-More banners like the Adrift one (I already see the recoil from everyone reading). I liked they ran with a theme and it was one of the few banners + paralogues that felt like some actual effort went into it. It got dumped on for being "more Fates/alts," but it was one of the more interesting and unique normal banners we've gotten. I liked seeing them do something a bit different and surprising.

-More 2 unit banners. Only for reruns, of course. Stuff like that Laegjarn/Helbindi banner would be great. Exellent rates for if you really want merges/fodder from units. It's way better than the X-skill banners with 3 units we got most of this year. Even if you don't care about them your chance at a free full 5* is boosted too.

-Bring back 4* focus banners. Those were amazing for trying to merge up lower rarity units that keep evading you. I guess maybe too amazing, since IS dropped them so quick.

-Kagero and Beruka refines. Yeah, this will happen eventually I'm sure, but I'm waiting IS. More dagger refines in general, too. I want to see them get more help.

Representation: The less characters/alts a continent/game has, the more characters/alts it receives in 2019. In particular, for Mythics/Legendaries, Judgral gets 2, Valentia gets 2, Tellius gets one and OCs get the other slots.

Gameplay: Aether Raids, without scoring, with the ability to fight your friends and search by the player's ID number.

Really all I ask for is OG Severa(or seasonal either one really) that’s really about it for me cause inigo(technically) and owain are already here so come on we need to complete the trifecta. At the very least though please give Selena a weapon refine to make her more usable. Come on I just want my fave FE girl in the game already. 

12 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:
  • Most important:
    • Combat manual shop, you can buy manual of any unit registered in your logbook as pulled.  Currency should be slow to some degree (maybe around the current rate of Sacred Coins), to not ruin the point of whaling, but it can help provide long term goals and help fix the build variety issue that plagues ftp people.  Maybe have the manuals come 4* to add a feather gate to some skills/merges to further slow it down.  
      • If this is asking too much, there at least should be some kind of long term investment of resources that any unit can go through, that is not reliant on the gacha.  Think skill levels in F/GO, or Magia levels in MagiReco.  
    • BST fix for old units (pre-Ayra).  The fact we still do not have this is awful.
    • An interesting endgame mode that is not P2W.  AR was almost there, but Mythics went and ruined it.
    • Better story/writing.  Sell us characters, IS.  Don't sell stats.   
  • Almost as important:
    • Summoning pool dilution fix, also more demotions.  We haven't had a demotion since Silas, who released in September.
    • The ability to both mythic bless and legendary bless one unit, the blessing system is restrictive enough as is, they shouldn't be mutually exclusive.
    • More varied representation in new heroes banners.  Binding Blade finally getting a banner is a start.  
  • Kinda important:
    • More grails, they are way more limited than they should be.  Give us some for TT/FB or something.
    • Same for Sacred Coins/refining stones/dew

I agree with this. I want 4* Leo QR fodder.

The BST fix, however, might not be possible due to legal issues.

Other than that, I would like Valentian Valentine's Banner please?

Fewer seasonals and fewer alts, please. You can have legendary heroes and mythic heroes (though please at least let every lord get a legendary or mythic version; Eliwood and Seliph need some actual shine for once), but please. There are 65 seasonal units. That's like 3 a month.

TT and GHB units who are good, even great. It seems like they vary on this, and especially GHBs recently seem to have been quite solid, so this is more hoping it continues.

An armor in the 4* pool. There are four armors in the 4* pool. They're all launch units. This is a bit less problematic now that it's actually semi-viable to have a highly merged free armor unit, but still.

Some effort to balance the movement types. I'm not saying I want armors to go back to being shit and cavs to go back to being busted, but a general parity between all movement types would be appreciated. With the recent addition of certain fliers and Mr. Omnibreaker-on-a-hose, at least it seems like they're trying to do at least something about it. Infantry is still in a weird spot though, but I am very fond of their approach to boosting infantry by giving them movement specific skills that aren't just emblem buffs.

Something about dilution, and I don't mean just 5*. It seems wrong that it's less likely for me to pull any given 4* than it is to pull a specific focus unit.

4-5* Banners. I imagine they were completely dry-spells for spending, but they're also probably comparatively quite low investment. Adjust the percentages (framework should already be there, or at least I'd hope) and do a quick banner art, can be as lazy as they want.

DO SOMETHING WITH COMBAT MANUALS. That was like the single best QoL change and opened up so many possibilities and they've done bupkis with it since the initial implementation. Hell, have combat manual summoning at a slight discount or something.

In line with the previous two points, don't bail on summoning tickets.

13 hours ago, Othin said:

You know that complaining about other people complaining just increases the number of people complaining, right?

He just needs to be ignored. Even I in all my sodiumchlorideness have never been this negative.

54 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He just needs to be ignored. Even I in all my sodiumchlorideness have never been this negative.

Salt

Anyways, being able to switch VA language would be nice. Some of the girls sound so cute

6 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

It’s not, otherwise weapon refinery wouldn’t exist.  BST fix would just be retroactive buffs for old units, with bst instead of prfs.

As far as I’m aware, the only gacha that is illegal is complete gacha where you fuse multiple things to make a set which makes one rarer thing.  So like, it’s illegal to implement a system where you take a Micaiah and a Ike, and fuse them to get Yune.

My biggest want is a Bow Horse in the regular summoning pool. We have a Bow Flyer in the pool, why not an horse.

It could be Rath, Astrid, Sue, Wolf or whoever they want. Even Severa from Awakening has a pretty compellibg argument for being one.

Other than that I want a massive demotion. And this time it includes old ass 5* such as Lyn, Mist and Luke.

I also want them to get more generous with currencies like the Divine Dew.

I strongly disagree with people wanting less seasonals. Less or even none alts in regular banners I can agree with, but I think FEH has been perfect with their seasonal balance. All the major holydays are accounted for: Easter, Christmas, Valentine Day, Summer, Halloween and New Year's Eve.

Plus a banner that isn't set in stones (last year was an opera performance with dancers. This year a japanese festival with yukatas) that provides variety and creativity.

The Wedding banner I can see being the most likely to be dropped, but it's also the one I like the most! I love wedding dresses and I won't allow IS to drop it until one of my wives gets in it! Come on, give me Bride Beruka, Lute, Maribelle, Tanith, Faye, Delthea (don't judge me), Elise (again, don't judge me), Aversa, Patty, Noire, Rhajat (I don't care about Tharja, but Rhajat was one of my faves from Fates), Reina, Flora, Serra and Heather! 

Also, while I feel sorry for the fans of male characters, I actually don't want more male characters in seasonals.

I like males and females alike in regular banners, but I am way more interested in seeing females in cute costumes and swimsuits, than males. Except when it's something so awesome, you can't help but love it like Valentine Hector and Dancer Xander. Thus far I have been rather lucky, with 5 summer units that are females and 0 that are male for example. But the fear of getting pitybroken by a unit you don't want is a feeling we all know.

For this reason I actually wish for IS to give us 2 new banners for every season. Like 2 Brides on a banner and 2 Grooms on another. Or even better 3 Brides on a banner, 3 Groom on another and a TT with Wedding!Forrest that can be either a Groom or a Bride depending on how you see it.

13 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

So possibility for 1 CYL, 1 Mythic/Legendary, one that's neither, and two seasonals?

At the beginning I thought a maximum of 5 versions per unit including the original, so: original, seasonal, CYL, Legendary and another alt for the new heroes banner, but considering that some units already got two seasonals and Feh is still only 2 years old... A sixth version for some characters seems likely. I just hope they'll wait a bit and put a limit of 6 ver. per unit (including original).

Let's see, another three seasonal camilla alts, two more Lyns, a new zelgius that suddenly figured out he is a trainee, more Loli dragons with 180 bst, legendary Xander, the majority of new hero banners losing demotes and double the seasonal banners and a three houses banner... 

Oh wait this is what 2019 should bring, not what 2019 will bring, then none of those things except the three houses banner, that can stay and mass demotion + increased amounts of new banners featuring heroes not in the game yet 

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

My biggest want is a Bow Horse in the regular summoning pool. We have a Bow Flyer in the pool, why not an horse.

It could be Rath, Astrid, Sue, Wolf or whoever they want. Even Severa from Awakening has a pretty compellibg argument for being one.

There is a Horsearcher in the regular pool, it's Brave Lyn.

Not that there can't be more, of course.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

8 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I've heard concerns about nerfs, but buffs should be fine. It's no different from all the new personal weapons, really.

Valentine's Alm/Celica would be neat.

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Something about dilution, and I don't mean just 5*. It seems wrong that it's less likely for me to pull any given 4* than it is to pull a specific focus unit.

That's always been the case. At launch, there were 49 3-4* units and 26 4-5* units, for a total of 75 units available in the 4* pool. The initial 4* rate was 36% of orbs, so a given orb had a 0.48% chance of being a given 4*. In contrast, on a standard 4-character banner, a given orb has a 0.75% chance of being a given focus unit.

In August 2017, the 4* rate was increased, to its current 58% rate. By that point, 18 banner units had dropped to 4-5*, so the total number of 4* units available had increased to 93. So at this point, a given orb had a 0.62% chance of being a given 4*. Higher than launch, but still lower than the odds for a focus unit.

Looking at the other banner types: on a legendary banner, a given orb has a 0.67% chance of being a given focus unit, the lowest of all current banner types. On a 3-character banner, it's 1%, on a 2-character banner, it's 1.5%, and on a Hero Fest, it's 1.67%. On a 6-character banner, it drops down to 0.5%, the lowest of all banners, but iirc those were discontinued before the 4* rate increase anyway.

So there has never been a single banner in the history of Heroes where a given 4* unit showed up more often than a given focus unit, or even equally often.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I realized that after his reply.

11 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Absolutely a myth, Granblue Fantasy regularly upgrades old characters.  There's no reason why FEH can't (further evidenced by the fact it's already been done with the Prf weapon additions).

More content, better content. I think this is the largest issue plaguing FEH right now. The reason we care so much about who and what gets represented on a banner as much as we do is because its literally the only piece of content we have to look forward to from a release standpoint. Chapters are nothing but a quick 15-20 orbs upon release, GHBs are done in minutes, TT+ is the same maps we see over and over again with a new final map each time. We need something significant, something that actually gets people excited upon each update outside of just a new banner with some units. The game desperately needs it.

More varied banners. Fates getting banners isnt even an issue, its that we have had, throughout the year, mostly Fates, Awakening, and Jugdral almost in a pattern up until september, where its been Fates and OC banners. We need this mixed up, less of a pattern and more flavor of the month. We have several months in the year and many opportunity for banners, no need to kick one out the door to make room for another, when there is plenty of room to fit in more as is. IS just needs to learn better schedules and management of releases.

Fixes to the grail system. In its current state it takes over a year to get a +10. We need either a significant increase to the grails given from AR, or more grails to get.

More refinements, and kit updates. A lot of gachas do this, FGO for one gives character updates that will either buff up their noble phantasm or give them a new skill in their kit. I think its a good way of making older units more viable, by giving them upgrades kits. I would say a slight BST upgrade too but that is a bit more risky, and the new merge change will help somewhat with that on older units.

Refines to old weapons, I think the gem weapons could use a good refine, and brave weapons have fallen behind quite drastically, and could use one as well. This could be counted under refinements that I mentioned above, but I was meaning more character specific there, where this is just across the board.

Mass demotions, or a splitting of the summoning pool. We either need a good round of demoting again, to get a lot of the characters who dont belong in the 5* pool out, or we need a good split of the pool to make rolling less of a problematic situation. Adding in a permanent summoning pool where all the generic characters are added in would help for one, giving players something they could always toss orbs at for fodder or the random chance of getting an actual 5* from it. You then remove several of these characters in the special focus banners that appear, so that the banners are made up of less random shit.

-More ways to get Heroic Grails.  More quests that give them out, and add them to the monthly orb package rotation.  The coin and stone packages give about two weeks worth, so 100 grails should be reasonable.

-More side banners.  Especially as the roster keeps growing, there's going to be too few opportunities for characters to return on a banner.  Speaking of banners and summoning, how about expanding the ticket system to legendary and seasonal banners?  Right now it seems like it's only going to apply to New Hero banners, which seems a bit strange to me.

-As others have mentioned, I hope more is done with Combat Manuals in the future.  Give them out as quest rewards, open a shop, something.  They would be a fair way of making more skills accessible without giving out the character themselves. 

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

More content, better content.

the amount of content is fine. Its just that 70% of the content is garbage. Everything outside of Story Mode, Tempest trials, GHB, LHB, BHB, Tactic Drills is crap or rehashed content. Aether Raids looked promising but got destroyed with Mythic heroes. Arena is suffering the BST penalty crap and AA is the same boat as Arena.

This game seriously also lacks a Co-op mode where you can play directly with your friends together.