I’m getting sick of Fates

Midnox

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Not everyone is just complaining for the sake of complaining. There are people who still like the game in general and like the idea of it, they're just not thrilled with the direction it appears to be going in lately. A lot of us are hoping that they'll remember that the rest of us exist too, and we're not trying to say that people who like Fates or the specific characters that keep on getting released are bad. We just want IS to remember that we exist too. Just because you don't have any issues with it doesn't mean that there aren't some valid reasons for people to complain.

Honestly, your response just reeks of "I'm see no problem so shut up."

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything here. Maybe it was a bit half-joking, but it was an honest question.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June was a dreadful month... Give me more Fates characters, I want Lost in Thoughts All Alone and Alight and No Justice played everywhere, and I want more alts for Elise gad dammit... more alts for royals, retainers and Charlotte. I want Velouria to the most powerful Beast unit when she comes (FUCK DA LAGUZZZ). And what I just said would be down-voted in oblivion if this sight had that system because of the general nature of fandom in regards to going against the consensus and being defensive about they aren't that bad like how when some white people are offend by the notion of white privilege. It's my opinion (with some exaggeration) on what I want and at the end of the day it just doesn't matter (cue to Bill Murray in Meatballs). So complain to your hearts content... it's your right to due so.

17 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

snip

Huh, that's a good point. Guess I didn't think about it in comparison to what we got last year. I do have to say that the developers REALLY, REALLY need to learn to space things out better for sure. This is a complaint I've even stated with regards to the Takumi and Eirika alts as well (characters I really like).

I wouldn't have minded Adrift as much if it had come at a later time or had given a demote. Again, Binding Blade has not had a banner at all, and we have not had demotes since the previous Genealogy banner in September. Was it really the best time for a four-person primarily alts Fates banner that was too stingy to give us a demote? Not really.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything here. Maybe it was a bit half-joking, but it was an honest question.

People will quit the game when they've finally had enough of it or when they've given up hope that their favorite characters will ever be added. The only reason I haven't quit yet is because I'm holding out hope that next year Rath at the very least will be added, and I get the last two versions of Eirika I need, that maybe Reinhardt will place within top two in CYL3 this year, and if I'm really optimistic that Tormod will be added somehow. After that I'm content to ignore every banner that comes out afterwards and be content in my little sandbox consisting of my favorites and currently obtained heroes.

There are reasons people haven't quit yet, but I'm certain many of us have given thought about it. I figured you weren't trying to be a jerk, but it wasn't a question that needed to be asked. I get that people who like Fates are tired of the complaining, but I don't think the majority of people who are complaining are attacking the fans, they are just tired of Fates. It also doesn't help the community when people complain about people complaining about Fates without trying to even consider why these people may not be happy. Not saying that you are one of those people, but your question could be interpreted as such.

23 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The real big problem imho is that they need a better PR and to learn to space things out a bit better.

Exactly I personally think people wouldn’t have had any issue with adrift had it come December/January cause at least then we would’ve gotten a slight break between banners. As it stands though IS really needs to learn how to space out these banners. They did pretty good early on this year but I guess someone really wanted to give Azura some character development which I personally enjoyed but it was a very poor time to implement it.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh, that's a good point. Guess I didn't think about it in comparison to what we got last year. I do have to say that the developers REALLY, REALLY need to learn to space things out better for sure. This is a complaint I've even stated with regards to the Takumi and Eirika alts as well (characters I really like).

I wouldn't have minded Adrift as much if it had come at a later time or had given a demote. Again, Binding Blade has not had a banner at all, and we have not had demotes since the previous Genealogy banner in September. Was it really the best time for a four-person primarily alts Fates banner that was too stingy to give us a demote? Not really.

People will quit the game when they've finally had enough of it or when they've given up hope that their favorite characters will ever be added. The only reason I haven't quit yet is because I'm holding out hope that next year Rath at the very least will be added, and I get the last two versions of Eirika I need, that maybe Reinhardt will place within top two in CYL3 this year, and if I'm really optimistic that Tormod will be added somehow. After that I'm content to ignore every banner that comes out afterwards and be content in my little sandbox consisting of my favorites and currently obtained heroes.

There are reasons people haven't quit yet, but I'm certain many of us have given thought about it. I figured you weren't trying to be a jerk, but it wasn't a question that needed to be asked. I get that people who like Fates are tired of the complaining, but I don't think the majority of people who are complaining are attacking the fans, they are just tired of Fates. It also doesn't help the community when people complain about people complaining about Fates without trying to even consider why these people may not be happy. Not saying that you are one of those people, but your question could be interpreted as such.

Technically no question ever needs to be asked, just like this thread didn't NEED to be made.

Also, I'm not complaining about the complaining. I barely post on this board anymore for that to affect me, so people can complain as much as they want. However, when I see a thread like this one where there's someone venting this much negativity regarding the game, then maybe taking a break from it is not a bad idea. I'm not telling anyone to quit the game, just distract yourself from it for a while. Let a couple of banners slide until the stuff you like arrives (we know an FE10 banner is coming in January anyway).

Sure, you'll probably miss out on a few daily bonuses, but that's hardly a big deal, right?

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

Technically no question ever needs to be asked, just like this thread didn't NEED to be made.

Also, I'm not complaining about the complaining. I barely post on this board anymore for that to affect me, so people can complain as much as they want. However, when I see a thread like this one where there's someone venting this much negativity regarding the game, then maybe taking a break from it is not a bad idea. I'm not telling anyone to quit the game, just distract yourself from it for a while. Let a couple of banners slide until the stuff you like arrives (we know an FE10 banner is coming in January anyway).

Sure, you'll probably miss out on a few daily bonuses, but that's hardly a big deal, right?

That's pretty much the route I take.

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh, that's a good point

No it isn't, he's full of shit. Excluding the NY Heroes since you could argue them either year, we got 9 Fates alts (version of a character already in Heroes) in 2017, and 16 Fates alts in 2018.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

No it isn't, he's full of shit. Excluding the NY Heroes since you could argue them either year, we got 9 Fates alts (version of a character already in Heroes) in 2017, and 16 Fates alts in 2018.

Oh really. Either way, I'm not particularly motivated to check at the moment, but I probably have more reason to take your word for it. Regardless, IS still needs to learn to space things out better and remember that this series has 800+ characters.

36 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I actually counted 9(2017) and 12(2018) while this doesn’t disprove your claim where are those last 4 from? NY?

Edit: forgot to count holloween 2018 whoopsies 

Edited by Otts486

There's no need to take my word for it because I actually do research instead of pulling numbers out of my arsehole. NB: I added Corrin (added simulataneously) and Kana, so it's 10/17.

Spoiler

1. A Corrin (Launch)

2. Spring Camilla (March 2017)

3. Spring Xander (March)

4. Summer Xander (July)

5. Summer Elise (July)

6. Summer Leo (July)

7. Summer Corrin (July)

8. Performing Arts Azura (September)

9. Halloween Sakura (October)

10. Halloween Jakob (October)

Spoiler
  1. Fallen Takumi (February 2018)
  2. Spring Kagero (March)
  3. Kinshi Hinoka (April)
  4. Kinshi Shigure (April)
  5. M!Kana (April/May)
  6. Legend Ryoma (May)
  7. Summer Camilla (July)
  8. Summer Takumi (July)
  9. Dancer Ryoma (August)
  10. Dancer Xander (August)
  11. Halloween Kagero (October)
  12. Halloween Niles (October)
  13. Adrift Camilla (November)
  14. Adrift FCorrin (November)
  15. Adrift MCorrin (November)
  16. Adrift Azura (November)
  17. Legend Azura (December)

11 out of 17 were in the last half of the year, so they've actually become worse at spacing them out over time.

7 out of 17 are New Heroes/GHBs, which is much more egregious than Special Heroes/TTs because those are usually alts anyway.

EDIT: @Otts486 I'm discounting the NY Heroes because they're too ambiguous either way, and even if you count them 2017, 2018 still has more.

Edited by Baldrick

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

EDIT: @Otts486 I'm discounting the NY Heroes because they're too ambiguous either way, and even if you count them 2017, 2018 still has more.

Actually if you count them both equate to 15. I am not counting kinshi hinoka simply because we would’ve gotten a fates character either way even if she wasn’t there. So yeah actually @GrandeRampel is right the alt representation is roughly the same between 2017 and 2018.

9 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

am not counting kinshi hinoka simply because we would’ve gotten a fates character either way even if she wasn’t there.

That's bullshit because might have got a new Fates character. You do realise we are talking about alts, not new characters, right?

You do realise alts and seasonals aren't the same thing?

You do realise that NY Corrin's TT was literally in 2018?

Edited by Baldrick

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

That's bullshit because might have got a new Fates character. You do realise we are talking about alts, not new characters, right?

Don't give me a condescending attitude when you can't count.

Even still it would only be one alt more and my 2017 count excuded Charlotte cause her OG self isn’t in the game yet so including both hinoka and Charlotte it’s still the same at 16 though I suppose an argument could be made for shigure counting for 2017 or 2018

also I’m not the one being condescending here

Edited by Otts486

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

Even still it would only be one alt more and my 2017 count excuded Charlotte cause her OG self isn’t in the game yet so including both hinoka and Charlotte it’s still the same at 16 though I suppose an argument could be made for shigure counting for 2017 or 2018

Bride Charlotte is 100% not an alt because

SHE

ONLY

HAS

ONE

VERSION

IN

THE

GAME

Shigure is 100% 2018 for the same logic.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Excuse me, but I think you took my opinion and posted it. Now I don't have anything to say.

The problem is though, i think they wont care for much longer and just milk whats remaining, or try to force mythics, new blessings and other stuff down our throat no matter what. They innevitable realised that most GHB TT units they released are garbo and only 2-3 of them are worth +10ing. We see them implement the blessing change to legendarys. The next step would be to allow double blessings on regular units. That still wont sell Mythics. They will prolly change AR rewards heavily and make changes to other modes so Mythic blessings work there too.

I wouldnt be surprised if heroic grails will get used for something else... like upgradeing sacred seals to Tier 4. Or combat manuals.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I wouldnt be surprised if heroic grails will get used for something else... like upgradeing sacred seals to Tier 4. Or combat manuals.

You didn't hear it from me, but apparently grails will be used to upgrade units to 6* in the second anniversary update.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

You didn't hear it from me, but apparently grails will be used to upgrade units to 6* in the second anniversary update.

6* is never happening.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

That has crossed my mind but i was too affraid to speak it out. I think 6 Stars is innevitable at some point.

33 minutes ago, Hilda said:

That has crossed my mind but i was too affraid to speak it out. I think 6 Stars is innevitable at some point.

It really, really isn't.

They've already expanded the capabilities available to 5* units over and over again, and they can just keep doing it as many times as they want. Gen 2 stats, supports, weapon refinery, higher-tier assists/specials, level 4 passives, legendary/mythic heroes, the new merge changes, etc.

Adding 6* would accomplish absolutely nothing except pissing off players even more than previous power creep, especially those who've dumped a fuckton of resources into getting 5* +10 units. Given that that includes the whales who keep the game afloat, it'd destroy the game entirely.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Adding 6* would accomplish absolutely nothing except pissing off players even more than previous power creep, especially those who've dumped a fuckton of resources into getting 5* +10 units. Given that that includes the whales who keep the game afloat, it'd destroy the game entirely.

You’re overlooking the very real possibility of having a unit be 5*+10 as a requirement for promoting them to 6* in which case they wouldn’t be invalidating any of the resources whales may have dumped onto their units.

I’m not saying 6* is happening for sure or anything like that but if they really wanted to implement them they could very well do it.

I’m not getting sick of Fates. I’m getting sick of the same characters reused over and over again. I never asked for five Azuras. I never asked for five Camillas. I never asked for five Lyns either. I never asked for four Xanders, Lucinas, Hectors, Eirikas, and Ephraims. Fates still has a lot of characters to be added, but instead we get same old Azura, Camilla, and Corrin.

Give me Orochi. Give me Reina. Give me vanilla Charlotte. Give me Benny. Give me Forrest. Give me Yukimura. Give me someone who isn’t a royal alt.

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There's no need to take my word for it because I actually do research instead of pulling numbers out of my arsehole. NB: I added Corrin (added simulataneously) and Kana, so it's 10/17.

Hide contents

1. A Corrin (Launch)

2. Spring Camilla (March 2017)

3. Spring Xander (March)

4. Summer Xander (July)

5. Summer Elise (July)

6. Summer Leo (July)

7. Summer Corrin (July)

8. Performing Arts Azura (September)

9. Halloween Sakura (October)

10. Halloween Jakob (October)

Hide contents
  1. Fallen Takumi (February 2018)
  2. Spring Kagero (March)
  3. Kinshi Hinoka (April)
  4. Kinshi Shigure (April)
  5. M!Kana (April/May)
  6. Legend Ryoma (May)
  7. Summer Camilla (July)
  8. Summer Takumi (July)
  9. Dancer Ryoma (August)
  10. Dancer Xander (August)
  11. Halloween Kagero (October)
  12. Halloween Niles (October)
  13. Adrift Camilla (November)
  14. Adrift FCorrin (November)
  15. Adrift MCorrin (November)
  16. Adrift Azura (November)
  17. Legend Azura (December)

11 out of 17 were in the last half of the year, so they've actually become worse at spacing them out over time.

7 out of 17 are New Heroes/GHBs, which is much more egregious than Special Heroes/TTs because those are usually alts anyway.

I suppose, I should have explained myself better. I used 2017 and 2018 for convenience, but what I actually meant was "first year of FEH" and "second year of FEH". This app started in March so, by that logic it's in March that a year in game passes. Which means both New Years and Fallen!Takumi are alts of the first year, lessening how much representation Fates got in the second year. Granted, we could still have another Fates banner before March, but I doubt it. We already know January will be RD, a new Legendary Heroes isn't likely until atleast 6 months after Azura and we have no reason to suspect Valentine will have Fates characters. If I end up being wrong about this I will eat my hat, but I strongly believe I'm right.

I'm not particularly in favour of counting all alts as the same, even the legendaries, especially since we are duscussing Fates favoritism and there wasn't really favoritism in that case. It had Ryoma, and several months later Azura, exactly the same thing that Sacred Stoned had, how is it favoritism?

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make. If we do my math Fates got a little bit less in the second year, if we do your math iy got a little bit more than the first year. But the point is that by how the fans reacted one would expect Fates got A LOT MORE compared to before. 

This general perception of the situation being worse than it is means one thing: IS sucks at PR and marketing. A good merchant would be able to make you believe you are buying something that is way more valuable than what you actually end up having bought. IS isn't a good merchant. They absolutely need the help of Anna's sisters.

47 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

This general perception of the situation being worse than it is means one thing: IS sucks at PR and marketing. A good merchant would be able to make you believe you are buying something that is way more valuable than what you actually end up having bought. IS isn't a good merchant. They absolutely need the help of Anna's sisters.

That just depends on who the customer is. If the real customer base IS is going after are the Whales and if they respond very positively to these banners then IS might be really good merchants, shady ones but good when it comes to making money.

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I suppose, I should have explained myself better. I used 2017 and 2018 for convenience, but what I actually meant was "first year of FEH" and "second year of FEH". This app started in March so, by that logic it's in March that a year in game passes. Which means both New Years and Fallen!Takumi are alts of the first year, lessening how much representation Fates got in the second year. Granted, we could still have another Fates banner before March, but I doubt it. We already know January will be RD, a new Legendary Heroes isn't likely until atleast 6 months after Azura and we have no reason to suspect Valentine will have Fates characters. If I end up being wrong about this I will eat my hat, but I strongly believe I'm right.

Fair enough. Though Heroes started in February so Fallen Takumi is a 2nd year unit.

I'm not particularly in favour of counting all alts as the same, even the legendaries, especially since we are duscussing Fates favoritism and there wasn't really favoritism in that case. It had Ryoma, and several months later Azura, exactly the same thing that Sacred Stoned had, how is it favoritism?

Representation is representation, and one can’t ignore the big picture. Legendaries are “serious” versions of seasonals, especially considering the first alt legends were Ike and Ephraim, whose games didn’t have any seasonals at that time. Lots of legends have had a negative reaction so we can certainly talk about them in a topic about negative reaction to alts.

The favouritism is in the shafting of Judgral and Valentina who have no legendaries at all, as well as being low in terms of roster.

But that wasn't the point I was trying to make. If we do my math Fates got a little bit less in the second year, if we do your math iy got a little bit more than the first year. But the point is that by how the fans reacted one would expect Fates got A LOT MORE compared to before. 

Your initial post implied the volume of Fates alts were tapering off, but they’ve actually expanded into non-seasonal alts.

Anyway, afaict people are complaining about alt spacing or alts at the expense of new characters, not alt volume. 

A good merchant makes money, and that’s what Fates alts seem to do. IS announced FE6 banner because they knew Fates alts would cause a backlash, but if they didn’t sell IS wouldn’t have made them in the first place.