Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

I was gonna say something along the lines of yall (fen/xnad)  play on PS its possible he remembers what fenrir does on that front (i dont lol) but giving you that free out seemed like a wasted opprotunity so i wanted to wait (for a post that already happeneb lmao)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@XnadrojX what do you make of Jester not voting Claire, to the point he was willing to be lynched? Personally, I don’t feel mafia would go that far for the sake of a town.

Are you saying RAD has a town agenda, or he is playing to his town meta? If the former, I’d like you to elaborate, but I’ll take your word on the latter.

See Baldrick I like you, I think you're a cool guy. So if it's your hobby to strongarm people into killing a heartseal which I clearly had no part in, just look at the final votals than I can accept that, and still love you nonetheless. But there's certain lines that can't be crossed.

On 4-1-2019 at 12:45 AM, Baldrick said:

As an aside, Bartozio is the person I like most on the weinerboy wagon and my read on him is "Nino is stronger than Camus".

AND COMPARING THE GREATEST KNIGHT IN ARCHANEA TO AN ILLITERATE LITTE GIRL is one of those.

##Vote: @Baldrick

Don't get cocky just because you're lock town mate!

Okay, more seriously

##Unvote

Jester not voteswapping is a huge point in his favour in my book, because lol, what better excuse do you want to swap from your scumbuddy to a misslych near deadline?

That leaves the final scum slot to one of Shinori and Kaif. Going to read interactions with Dunn and Weiner for that now.

Honestly Kaif is my biggest scumread right now, but after mislynching Claire (I'M SO SORRY BABY BUT YOU WERE BEING SO SCUMMY I STILL LOVE YOU IT'S OK YOU CAN HATE ME IF YOU'D LIKE) I'm paranoid about lynching another low-poster.

54 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Honestly Kaif is my biggest scumread right now, but after mislynching Claire (I'M SO SORRY BABY BUT YOU WERE BEING SO SCUMMY I STILL LOVE YOU IT'S OK YOU CAN HATE ME IF YOU'D LIKE) I'm paranoid about lynching another low-poster.

ok mate, even tho I don't have time at all for forum mafia. I still am the goat.

First of all I didnt fucking know there was a wagon on weinerboy and I just lynched him cuz he was obv as shit scum, oh well since orc is out can we PLEASE follow me for the first time in forum mafia history.

Second of all, I have no idea what my sub did d1 nor have the interest to read through it. weinerboy > everyone else > Baldrick > xnad

Third of all, nice miller mafia usurper bullshit @weinerboy I'll use that next time.

Last note: No I am not buddying xnad.

21 minutes ago, Kaif said:

ok mate, even tho I don't have time at all for forum mafia. I still am the goat.

First of all I didnt fucking know there was a wagon on weinerboy and I just lynched him cuz he was obv as shit scum, oh well since orc is out can we PLEASE follow me for the first time in forum mafia history.

Second of all, I have no idea what my sub did d1 nor have the interest to read through it. weinerboy > everyone else > Baldrick > xnad

Third of all, nice miller mafia usurper bullshit @weinerboy I'll use that next time.

Last note: No I am not buddying xnad.

Walk me through that xnad townread. I have my reasons (granted imma look back again to appease baldy over there) but my reasons are borderline exclusively tonal/meta.... this isnt me accusing you of buddying (idk what you are doin tbh post more nerd) just walk me through your read.

5 minutes ago, RADicate said:

Walk me through that xnad townread. I have my reasons (granted imma look back again to appease baldy over there) but my reasons are borderline exclusively tonal/meta.... this isnt me accusing you of buddying (idk what you are doin tbh post more nerd) just walk me through your read.

pmeta says that xnad is town and Baldrick is more of a townlean since I kind of don't see him doing much

8 hours ago, Bartozio said:

AND COMPARING THE GREATEST KNIGHT IN ARCHANEA TO AN ILLITERATE LITTE GIRL is one of those.

that illiterate little girl learned incredible arcane magic literally by copycatting someone else until it worked and endured the deaths of her entire adopted family                   meanwhile camus washes up onto shore wtf is he doin with his life now

20 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

that illiterate little girl learned incredible arcane magic literally by copycatting someone else until it worked and endured the deaths of her entire adopted family                   meanwhile camus washes up onto shore wtf is he doin with his life now

Oh no it has become a hydra. Via, who do you think is scum other than weinerboy?

13 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Oh no it has become a hydra. Via, who do you think is scum other than weinerboy?

I'm not playin this game I just cannot stand idle while someone disrespects my girl nino

3 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

Life hack: if you’ve been fired from your job, come back the next day wearing a mask and call yourself Sirius. No one will realise it’s you.

3 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

Don't mistake character and protential for power with actual power.

Finding love, and becoming the greatest knight on a second continent.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Life hack: if you’ve been fired from your job, come back the next day wearing a mask and call yourself Sirius. No one will realise it’s you.

Apart from being the greatest knight on the continent, he's also great with disguises. His greatness knows no bounds!

11 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

@Bartozio I think you should vote Weiner once you make your post. It’s close enough to 24 hours, and sitting on our hands until phase end won’t help the gamestate.

We can talk about who to lynch D4.

Ngl, rereading 27 pages for associative reads sucks, and the fact that the people I'm looking for are all sticking to the sidelines which means I barely got results makes it even worse. Please remind me of this moment when I say I'm going to reread stuff next time.

Most of this is me collecting all the interaction I could find between Dunn and Weiner, and Shinori and Amy/Keif. I'll give a summary below, but might as well post where I got things from if I have them all saved up to look at anyway. (It also just helps me to look at them again later)

Spoiler

On 29-12-2018 at 4:46 PM, Shinori said:

Marth's post sounds weird to me. @Magnificence IncarnateCould you by any chance expand on your read on Wiener?  I felt the entire exchange between wiener/amph was nice and added discussion/comments of interest so I'd just like to understand your read here a bit more.  Also if possible, how do you feel about Amph at the moment?

Shinori started the game defending Weiner/attacking Marth for attacking Weiner. Feels a tad too obvious, but then Shinori isn't exactly great at subtilty, so...

On 30-12-2018 at 5:17 AM, Ichigo said:

This train of thought is legit but I don't think it's scummy coming from Claire 

Post Dunn is refering to here is from Amy. Not a huge deal, but there's just not a lot Dunn anyway, so something is better then nothing.

On 30-12-2018 at 7:00 AM, Ampharos said:

The more I read weiner's posts, the more I feel good about his alignment. Just think his general train of thought is something that's difficult for scum to fake.

Amy townreading Weiner in her first read post.

On 30-12-2018 at 2:44 PM, Ichigo said:

I think he doesn't feel coasty

Dunn talking about people thinking Weiner is coasting, for reference.

On 30-12-2018 at 7:37 PM, weinerboy said:

Amy - One of my strongest townreads to be honest. I think Refa/Amy offer an interesting parallel where I find both to be self-assured on how they play but Refa would be uh self-aware? This is something I feel Amy lacks, which is a good thing  because that means Amy is just posting because she wants to and not because of a requirement. Her comments on Claire and wanting people to interact with her can be fabricated yes but I don't feel that way because they didn't seem deliberate. I find it funny how she says she's self-conscious which honestly shows but the flaws that Refa might have rightfully picked up on don't seem like they're something Amy overlooked intentionally rather in her excitement/eagerness didn't think about it because just getting it out there was far more important.

Weiner returning the favor with a townread on Amy.

On 30-12-2018 at 7:37 PM, weinerboy said:

Everyone else I don't have too much to say. Via is probably town so that's a sheep read and then I haven't read Ichigo's posts and Shinori hasn't given enough to determine how I feel about him. Would like to see more from Refa/Claire/Shinori/Jodran and then I need to actually glance over Ichigo's posts because I haven't done so. I also sorta skimmed Sully because I'm not worried about him so I'll get around to it later. I think Bart is a good lynch, RAD would be super spicy, and then Refa if he did something amazingly scummy but I doubt he will.

On 30-12-2018 at 7:39 PM, weinerboy said:

Super hot take but I liked Shinori's first post and haven't been bothered by him ignoring the thread.

On 30-12-2018 at 10:38 PM, weinerboy said:

I dunno when I read Ichigo in X-site as scum I felt like he had prescient insight about things like small strokes of genius, but here he seems to be only responding to comments made about him exclusively

Maybe you two clash because of ur big egos or somethin

(In response to Shino doubting his read on Dunn.)

On 3-1-2019 at 12:57 AM, weinerboy said:

I gave Jordan a handwave on D1 that didn't elaborate on for feeling like his posts were so careless that it couldn't possibly come from scum, but that sounds condescending in hindsight. I realize in some way I gave Amy the same pass but being in the predicament I am in it's different. I think that what could've happened is that Bart realized he was into trouble so maybe not intentionally Ichigo decided to take the fall because that early instance where everyone was on him and commenting could be counted off as happenstance and not something that was telling, and this is something I was trying to fight against. It's really hard to say 'I don't wanna talk about' because it's a lie and I definitely do but I digress. To answer you more clearly if my stubbornness happens to be right I'd say finding scum off the wagon for me rn would lie in Jester/RAD/Shinori/Sully because I remember have vague reasons for liking Shinori and he doesn't have a strong presence. In terms of how I'd rate it from varying confidence? Jester > RAD > Shinori > Claire = Jordan. If Bart isn't scum and I make an ass out of myself? I don't really feel much changes.

Weiner grows somewhat sus of Shino. Not to the point he'd need to lynch there though.

On 3-1-2019 at 1:25 AM, weinerboy said:

Right now I truly and genuinely wanna kick back into gear on Bart but hey are you tired of hearing me saying this cause I'm tired of saying it. Other than that I think Sully/Shinori definitely needs more prodding and maybe Jordan too. In terms of how I feel about you? Still doubtful but I feel like I'm competing against the whole thread at some points. Jester also feels oddly unattainable which worries me (despite my own humility about it not being developed).

I'm curious about what Claire was trying to talk about in regards to Athena as well.

On 3-1-2019 at 2:21 AM, Shinori said:

Moving on to other things:

I don't really agree with weiner/claire scumreads based on their interaction with dunn.  I basically ignored the wagon entirely and was wishy washy with the entire dunn situation but no one has questioned me on it but instead are choosing to push claire/weiner? That's weird to me.  I did say at one point in time that i scum read Dunn but I never voted them and was constantly unsure.  What makes claire/weiner worse than me WRT this stuff?

Basicly, Shinori, Amy, Weiner and Dunn have been townreading/defending each other this entire game, apart from Weiner starting to suspect Shinori for lack of content. Or just didn't commit to a read. Jokes on anyone who expected good results from this. Kind of annoyed, because I do

On 3-1-2019 at 9:55 AM, Kaif said:

from what I've read, xnad is town and I don't like this weinerboy guy imo he's trying to lead town and is contributing jackshit (not to say I have contributed anything)
##Vote: @weinerboy

At least someone is switching things up though. Inclined to think this towny, because Weiner was the biggest wagon at this point in time (count was something like Weiner: 3, Claire: 2, Jester: 1 before this vote), so this raised the chances on a scum lynch quite a bit, while he could have also tied wagons. Considering there was only 2 scum left, and Kaif wasn't really caught up, this feels like an odd move from scum!Kaif. Since there was still some time till deadline it's not as hard of a tell, but still. I'd prefer lynching Shinori D4 right now.

thoughts?

Just now, Bartozio said:

Basicly, Shinori, Amy, Weiner and Dunn have been townreading/defending each other this entire game, apart from Weiner starting to suspect Shinori for lack of content. Or just didn't commit to a read. Jokes on anyone who expected good results from this. Kind of annoyed, because I do

because there's not a huge difference between my two final scum candidates in terms of association.

Also growing quite unmotivated now that I realize we can afford a misslynch on one of them anyway...

After the claire/Dunn interactions, I’ll take the Amy/Weiner/Dunn interactions with a grain of salt because it might not be alignment indicative. I agree that kaif’s vote is unlikely to come from scum, and based on his play I don’t think he committed to the bus and planned to survive until AND win Lylo.

I had dismissed Shinori as lazy town, but on reflection there’s actually no good reason to remove him from PoE. I’ll elaborate in a bit.

@RADicate earlier I believe you were mindmelding with somebody’s  read on Jester? If I’m not misremembering, can you elaborate on that?

After the claire/Dunn interactions, I’ll take the Amy/Weiner/Dunn interactions with a grain of salt because it might not be alignment indicative. I agree that kaif’s vote is unlikely to come from scum, and based on his play I don’t think he committed to the bus and planned to survive until AND win Lylo.

I had dismissed Shinori as lazy town, but on reflection there’s actually no good reason to remove him from PoE. I’ll elaborate in a bit.

@RADicate earlier I believe you were mindmelding with somebody’s  read on Jester? If I’m not misremembering, can you elaborate on that?