Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

On 03/01/2019 at 10:20 AM, Athena_57 said:

You tried to create a wagon at EOD (one of the two Dunn approved of) and Dunn didn't want to join a CFD on you to save himself.

This is in response to Weiner, and likely sums up the reason Athena got shot.

Three people tried to start EOD wagons, Weiner, Claire and RAD on jester, me (I.e. Athena) and weiner respectively. Of note, Ichigo approved of the former two, but not the one on weiner

Based on this, I’m PoEing Jester and RAD. The former already has his interaction with me on claire’s wagon. For RAD, I doubt he would propose a CFD on his buddy for the purposes of WIFOM. At the very least, I think overestimating the subtlety of the scum team would be a bad move on my part.

Both Kaif and Bart voted Weiner at a time when it could easily have guaranteed his lynch. From what I remember of being scum with Bart in TPP, I don’t feel he would be confident enough to carry on his own. We pinned our hopes on the most active mafia member (SB), and Weiner was more active than Bart D2.

Next I will look into sully/shinori/xnad 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shinori could you explain what was going through your head around page 18-21 regarding Sully? You state a joke reason about lynching Sully for a shitpost, yet it seems like you also have at least the beginnings of a case against him, but when Sully questions you back, you seem to completely back off by saying you're not going to lynch over a shitpost. I'm not understanding the reasons behind your actions so perhaps you can clarify.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, SullyMcGully said:

If you make me choose I'm going to lynch Weiner over Jester I think. I don't have time to develop my opinions on Jester anymore WHY CAN'T WE JUST LYNCH CLAIRE SHE'S LIKE SUPER OBVIOUS!

Jester! as town you should rather let Claire die than you, at least you know you're town. The chances of Claire being a PR are ehh

This post is really off-putting to me. It feels like Sully has an agenda of making me mislynch Claire. Maybe I am reading too much into things, but this play from a Sully + weiner scumteam makes a lot of sense. First, Sully states a townread on me, possibly to pocket me and make me more susceptible to do his bidding. Then the full caps AtE is there to win me over. In the heat of the moment it actually made me doubt my Claire read and I actually considered shifting my vote. If I actually mislynched Claire, I think I would've been more or less setup to be today's lynch since there were plenty of people scumreading me and mislynching Claire to save myself is obviously not a good look. It would also put weiner in a good position to push his read on me.

7 hours ago, Jester's Gestures said:

@Shinori could you explain what was going through your head around page 18-21 regarding Sully? You state a joke reason about lynching Sully for a shitpost, yet it seems like you also have at least the beginnings of a case against him, but when Sully questions you back, you seem to completely back off by saying you're not going to lynch over a shitpost. I'm not understanding the reasons behind your actions so perhaps you can clarify.

I mean my case doesn't solely resolve around their random filler excess.  That's what I meant by "I won't lynch over just a shit post."

I still disliked the claire lynch and I felt sully was largely responsible for it.  I didn't get the logic it didn't seem correct at all to me.  Especially since i didn't get why sully wasn't okay with weiner being lynched because they were pretty similar in this game to each other.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Basicly, Shinori, Amy, Weiner and Dunn have been townreading/defending each other this entire game, apart from Weiner starting to suspect Shinori for lack of content.

I have never once town read Dunn this game.

Pretty sure the only statement i made WRT Amy was that I felt they were playing more to their town side meta because they WERE NOT playing like they did in cuphead.

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I have never once town read Dunn this game.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Basicly, Shinori, Amy, Weiner and Dunn have been townreading/defending each other this entire game, apart from Weiner starting to suspect Shinori for lack of content. Or just didn't commit to a read.

You missed a part in your quote.

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Pretty sure the only statement i made WRT Amy was that I felt they were playing more to their town side meta because they WERE NOT playing like they did in cuphead.

Right, I should have said you, Weiner and Dunn, and Amy, Weiner and Dunn, because you can't be scum with Amy anyway so I wasn't looking at your interactions.

Your current guess for the final scum slot is still Sully then?

39 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I still disliked the claire lynch and I felt sully was largely responsible for it.  I didn't get the logic it didn't seem correct at all to me.  Especially since i didn't get why sully wasn't okay with weiner being lynched because they were pretty similar in this game to each other.

What makes you think Sully was responsible? Him coming back to vote helped, but Baldrick was the one strongarming people onto the wagon and Athena was sheeping my case.

I haven't really been paying too much attention as ive been under the weather but i remember sully strongly pushing for a claire lynch like the entire day.  Idk how EoD really went down though.  I just kind of came in and voted to lynch the other person instead of claire.

And whereas I didn't like explicitly vote Dunn I did say that I was scum reading them.  I just said that I was paranoid because it seems i always scumread them.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Shinori said:

I don't really agree with weiner/claire scumreads based on their interaction with dunn.  I basically ignored the wagon entirely and was wishy washy with the entire dunn situation but no one has questioned me on it but instead are choosing to push claire/weiner? That's weird to me.  I did say at one point in time that i scum read Dunn but I never voted them and was constantly unsure.  What makes claire/weiner worse than me WRT this stuff?

For one thing, athena has revealed that weiner is scum. Though I'll concede that doesn't necessarily make him worse than you.

Sully had already explained why claire was worse.

P.S. Even after my efforts at phase end, you're going to give Sully the credit for the Claire lynch? What do I have to do to make you notice me Shinori-sempai

If you don't know what happened at phase end and you make statements as though you do know what happened, I'll have to presume you are scum trying to sell some BS.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, XnadrojX said:

Someone talk to me about the above post and Jester Gesture's, I feel like the game is focusing too much on the Dunn flip when it's already like, some time into Day 2

On 1/5/2019 at 6:47 PM, XnadrojX said:

I scumread Jester's Gestures from yesterday, posts felt very agenda-driven, I don't feel like their progressions are natural and make me feel like they're trying to engineer something.

I asked for an elaboration, but since he's been ignoring me for more than 24 hours (and he has been on in the last couple of hours) I have no choice but to guess.

My best guess as to what Jester's agenda is that he was trying to mislynch weiner. Xnad's read not changing since yesterday, when we have new information on weiner, is what a non-natural read progression actually looks like.

Day 3: Automated Votals from #670 to #759

weinerboy (3): Jester's Gestures, XnadrojX, Kaif
Sully McGully (1): Shinori
Not voting (5): Bartozio, RADicate, Sully McGully, Baldrick, weinerboy

Phase ends in 8h34m. Hammer at 6.

Vote history:

Kaif (1): weinerboy

Bartozio (2): Baldrick -> Unvote

Shinori (2): weinerboy -> Sully McGully

Baldrick (2): weinerboy -> Unvote

XnadrojX (1): weinerboy

Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy

<Beta v2.0.4>

ngl i got lazy, last night (irl not itg) was supposed to my might where i did my busywork and now imma be busy most of the evening, might be free near DL hard to say

that aside @Baldrick too lazy to find your post but i mindmelded with the whole agenda-y jester comments (granted they look better after weiner reveal buuut there were a couple times where they felt like they were shading for the sake of painting people in a darker light without really going in (the intial “read” on me... and there was one other comment this referred to that i cant remember atm, and i dont have time to scroll through thread for atm)

Day 3: Automated Votals from #760 to #766

weinerboy has been Hammered!

weinerboy (6): Jester's Gestures, XnadrojX, Kaif, Bartozio, Baldrick, RADicate
Sully McGully (1): Shinori
Not voting (2): Sully McGully, weinerboy

Phase End

Vote history:

Bartozio (1): weinerboy

RADicate (1): weinerboy

Baldrick (1): weinerboy

<Beta v2.0.4>

weinerboy has been lynched! He was:

images.png

Adélie Penguin, Mafia Goon

It is now Night 3. Players with Night Actions have 24 hours to submit them in their Role PMs. Night 3 ends at 6:30 PM EST on January 7, 2019. Do not speak in the thread unless your role allows you to.

Edited by Fenrir Aesir

On 1/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, Baldrick said:

@SullyMcGully  @RADicate @Bartozio 

I want you three to remind me to look over in fine detail whoever dies overnight.

##vote: @weinerboy

/me reminds 

i’ll reread over sully’s stuff later (after work) to check for softs and things of the like, yall should too.  

Also for rad’s hot take of the day: ending votals give shinori townpoints for not giving a flying fladoodle about being on another wagon. (not hopping on for the sake of being on)

Late Day 1: Sully seemed to be the most suspicious of Weiner
Early Day 2: Sully starting pushing Claire, said he would look at Supa (Is this Weiner? I can't be bothered to check)

If he had an incriminating result, he would have claimed it. If he found Weiner did nothing it makes sense to focus on Claire, since with 2 scum left the tracker result would be fairly accurate.

That said, late day 2 he wasn't feeling a Jester lynch, and wanted to lynch Weiner over him? If he had information on Weiner's actions, even if it wasn't conclusive, I'd've thought he'd take it into account.

Day 3: I'll assume that he didn't have an incriminating result, (or if he did, it was on Weiner), otherwise there'd be no reason not to claim it gg ez win. It would have been nice if he had survived, he could have cleared/1v1'd someone.

My best guess is that he was killed because mafia knew his role, there's nothing in his Day 3 content that would make anyone want to eliminate him.

I think the only situation scumnori makes a push on sully, and then kills him is if he's given up. I'd be more inclined to believe he may have been shot to make Shinori look worse?

The other option is that the last mafia has no idea what they're doing.

##vote: @XnadrojX