Do replacement units count towards gaidens?

Azz

I've decided recently I want to go through SD but I want to play all the gaidens since I've never actually done any of them before since I don't normally let my units die, let alone kill them purposely myself. So will having replacement units count as having more than 15 units when I'm trying to get into gaidens? What even is the point when you start getting replacements?

2 minutes ago, Johnnie said:

The Gaiden requirement does reward Iron Man runs, in a way. But unless you're bad at Fire Emblem you're not going to see most of them.

Oh I know that. I intend however on going to them by purposely killing units/not recruiting units since I've never done them before, however I know that when you are under a certain amount of units, you get replacement units. My question was if they count towards you unit count so do you have to kill them off to have 15 or under or can you just leave them.

10 hours ago, Tables said:

Yes, they do. As for why... ask IS I guess? The whole system for gaidens is stupid in Shadow Dragon.

Wow that's super stupid. Thanks tho.