Favorite FE4 Gen 2 Kid

Gregster101

So I saw another post asking people who their favorite Awakening and Fates kids were, and I thought I may as well do the same asking our favorite FE4 kids. I'll go first. If you know me well enough, then you probably already know that my FE4 kid (and favorite FE4 character period) is Patty

Patty (FE Treasure)

She is perfection in thief form! Bonus points for the hat and the braid. IS please add her into Heroes along with Shannan and have her come with a dagger version of the Sleep Sword.

I also really like Arthur and Tine a lot

Arthur (FE Treasure)Tinny

What about you guys, who are your favorite FE4 kids? And don't say the substitutes filthy heathens

the substitutes

Seriously tho, I think Diarmuid and Nanna, mainly coming from the whole drama with Lachesis, Finn and Beowolf, I find it really interesting. Also I really like them in Thracia too and Nanna really inspired my love of troubadours.

But like actually tho, I really like the subs too.

Edited by ΔZZ

My favorite is Julia (also my favorite FE character) for her role in the story, her interactions with Seliph/Lana and her stand against her brother in the end. Gameplay wise she's the first powerful NosefuratuTank, a really good healer and despite looking like a very meek girl uses one of the strongest weapons in all of FE which I find hilarious.

Tine is my second favorite. Her gameplay role needs some babying to really shine but when you do get her strong enough and put all of her boss conversations together with Seliph's conversations you get a girl who has a fantastic character growth where she starts out apologizing to Seliph when she joins him to the girl that has the determination to kill the woman that terrorized her mother and her all those years ago. 

Alright, I'll admit that I've never played all the way through generation 2; I finished up to chapter 7 on my last playthrough before I botched it. As such, I have no experience whatsoever on any of the kids that come after Tine.

But I really like Diarmuid, Tine, and the murder twins. Partly from design (Tine is so friggin cute), partly from bits of gameplay, but yeah, I'd say they're my favourites.

For me it has to be Leif! My first time playing through FE4 I have dismissed him as a hard to train and not so useful at the beginning prince class character, but then I played Thracia and fell in love with the dude. I have then proceeded to replay FE4 and made Leif into a monster (which is not hard with the uber promotion Princesses and Princes get in FE4). I have also made a point of making him into a strong char in Thracia since the notion was that he is as hard to train and as not useful in the beginning as in FE4.

On the whole I'm not all that fond of the second gen kids. They really suffer from the fact that Genealogy didn't have the resources or the interest to flesh the second gen out as much as the first. With everyone in the first gen you could easily recognize who they were and what they were about but a lot of second gens feel like Shadow Dragon characters. 

My favorites would also be Patty and the Freege Kids. Patty has the blonde braid and the wisdom to be a Shanan fangirl in order to set herself apart and the Freege kids have their tragic history.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My favorites would also be Patty and the Freege Kids. Patty has the blonde braid and the wisdom to be a Shanan fangirl in order to set herself apart and the Freege kids have their tragic history.

I approve of your taste! :)

Just now, ArgentSable said:

Well, Patty and the Issachian twins. I have a huge soft spot for Patty x Shannan and Selipg x Larcei. Also it's pretty hard not to find Patty cool, at least, that's how I see it.

Patty x Shannan is nice, though I've grown to really like Patty x Seliph cuz of Garmmy's art :P

23 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Patty x Shannan is nice, though I've grown to really like Patty x Seliph cuz of Garmmy's art :P

Okay I see your point. Damn I'm mid playthrough. I may have to change pairings after all....Darnit, guess I'll ponder it XD

Edited by ArgentSable

Coirpre because he's the only "kid" in Seliph's army. You asked for favorite "kid" after all.

I really like Ced and Febail for their designs and how they are as units. I also really like how they are as characters, although that may just be me. I'll have to give it to Quan's kids, too, for being Quan's kids.

This is kinda tough just because the 2nd gen doesn't really get as much character development as the first. I'd also have to purposefully exclude Seliph, Leif, Julia, Nanna, and Ares from the conversation, due to them all having major plot relevance and/or their own spin-off game (Seliph and Julia being obvious in their relevance, Ares being Eldigan's son, and Leif/Nanna being so major in Thracia). I think I'd have to narrow it down to Fee, Arhtur, Patty, and Ced.

I'm naturally inclined to like the Freege and Isaach characters, so it'd be one of those kids.  Also like Oifey if he counts, though maybe it's just the mustache.

And I like Altenna too; she's essentially Corrin done right.  Also would maybe list Mana (Lana's sub) just because I'm kind of a sucker for that "peasant loves noble" type of story, and I just generally like low-born characters seeking to match the abilities and impact of nobles.

17 hours ago, eclipse said:

Does Ares count?  I'm fond of him despite never making it to gen 2.

Captain Falcon has a message for you: YESZ!

My answer is (what else) Lana. It's not even a contest.

If I don't include main characters or characters with a important role in the games then the answer would be Fee. I like how we are shown that normally she is cheerful and kind of a daydreamer. But it's also shown how she can become very angry when it comes to her father and how he abandoned her mother.

But I'm actually quite fond of a lot of kids in gen2 for some reason. Mostly because I was the one who paired up there parents, and while they don't get the most development, they still get enough for me to like them.  

I unironically love the substitute characters due to their designs.

Hawk, Tristan, Asaello, and Amid have some of my favorite designs in my game, and in Tristan's case, in the entire series. Characterwise its probably Leaf though.

LENE! She's my favorite FE character. It makes me mad that she's the Gen 2 female with the least amount of attention (she didn't even get a Final Chapter Lovers' Conversation with Ares. Not even with Seliph who had one with every other girl). Despite the lack of attention, I think she was given a pretty strong characterization for Gen 2 standards. At the surface, she seems like a spunky, cheerful dancer, but deep down she's insecure and lonely. She longs for a family, and dances in hopes of finding her mother. She's a realist, but she doesn't try to let things get her down. In the Oosawa manga, she is more headstrong and has a calming presence. I always think what she went through was totally messed up, and she probably had the hardest childhood out of all the Gen 2 kids. Granted, all of them had rough childhoods, but the saddest thing about Lene is that she had no one and had to fend for herself. 

Gameplay-wise, she's fantastic. She can refresh 4 units with one dance. That alone makes her deserving of being one of the best characters in her generation. Yeah, she doesn't have Charisma like Laylea (who is my favorite substitute), but she can inherit Bargain or Paragon, which I find to be more useful USUALLY. (in a sub run, Charisma is far more valuable. If there's all holy kids, it's likely that they won't need the help as much.)

As for looks, she's gorgeous IMO. I'm surprised she doesn't appeal to more people. Although Heroes did seem to give her design a bolder revamp. I'm surprised she even made it in Heroes, I guess I have to thank Ares' popularity for that.

latest?cb=20160810122447latest?cb=20180509100922

My runner ups would have to be Ares, Ced, and Tine.

Although my wishlist for Heroes would be Shannan or Patty. Or a banner featuring Lester, Lana, Faval, and Patty.

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

LENE! She's my favorite FE character. It makes me mad that she's the Gen 2 female with the least amount of attention (she didn't even get a Final Chapter Lovers' Conversation with Ares. Not even with Seliph who had one with every other girl). Despite the lack of attention, I think she was given a pretty strong characterization for Gen 2 standards. At the surface, she seems like a spunky, cheerful dancer, but deep down she's insecure and lonely. She longs for a family, and dances in hopes of finding her mother. She's a realist, but she doesn't try to let things get her down. In the Oosawa manga, she is more headstrong and has a calming presence. I always think what she went through was totally messed up, and she probably had the hardest childhood out of all the Gen 2 kids. Granted, all of them had rough childhoods, but the saddest thing about Lene is that she had no one and had to fend for herself. 

Gameplay-wise, she's fantastic. She can refresh 4 units with one dance. That alone makes her deserving of being one of the best characters in her generation. Yeah, she doesn't have Charisma like Laylea (who is my favorite substitute), but she can inherit Bargain or Paragon, which I find to be more useful USUALLY. (in a sub run, Charisma is far more valuable. If there's all holy kids, it's likely that they won't need the help as much.)

As for looks, she's gorgeous IMO. I'm surprised she doesn't appeal to more people. Although Heroes did seem to give her design a bolder revamp. I'm surprised she even made it in Heroes, I guess I have to thank Ares' popularity for that.

latest?cb=20160810122447latest?cb=20180509100922

My runner ups would have to be Ares, Ced, and Tine.

Although my wishlist for Heroes would be Shannan or Patty. Or a banner featuring Lester, Lana, Faval, and Patty.

Oh hey, another fan who prefers Lene over Laylea. High five!

At first I didn't really think much of Lene, but after she was added in Heroes with Ares I've started to really like her a lot. Also, Ares x Lene>Ares x Laylea, change my mind :P

Also, props to you for wanting Patty to be in Heroes as well :P

Edited by Gregster101

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

At first I didn't really think much of Lene, but after she was added in Heroes with Ares I've started to really like her a lot. Also, Ares x Lene>Ares x Laylea, change my mind :P

Damn I keep seeing so many kids. Okay revision time.

Fave females are Patty, Lene, and Larcei.

Fave Males are Ced, Ares, and I'm torn between Leif or Selipg for the third spot.
I think this'll be the final version of my list for a while.

3 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Damn I keep seeing so many kids. Okay revision time.

Fave females are Patty, Lene, and Larcei.

Fave Males are Ced, Ares, and I'm torn between Leif or Selipg for the third spot.
I think this'll be the final version of my list for a while.

We're doing this now I see? My five favorite males are probably Arthur, Leif, Ced, Faval, and Ares. My five favorite females are probably Patty, Tine, Nanna, Lene, and Larcei :P

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

We're doing this now I see? My five favorite males are probably Arthur, Leif, Ced, Faval, and Ares. My five favorite females are probably Patty, Tine, Nanna, Lene, and Larcei :P

Yeah, after finishing my playthrough of Genealogy (second one to boot) I must say that it's hard to nail down 1 specific kid. And seeing some of my other faves mentioned made it kinda hard to pick only 1, so I went with three.

8 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I want Patty to be in Heroes because I would like to see a Sleep Sword/Dagger in action. We don't have too many status elements in Heroes and I think it would be cool if we had more. It would give the game another layer of strategy.