January 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

In the game, her weapon ranks are in fire, thunder, wind, light, dark, and strike. (Strike is the laguz attacks.)

I don't think her Judge attack technically has a weapon type, but it can count as light magic when she uses certain effects, and other effects resemble staffs. There are also dark Judge attacks, but they seem to be unused.

I think if she was added, it'd probably be as a staff user, which is ironic since she doesn't actually have a staff rank. The most powerful staff is named after her, though, and staffs seem thematically most fitting outside of maybe light magic.

not spoiler worthy but whatever I'll play to

Spoiler

they could make ashera a beast unit for authenticity and to give her some real jank as a unit, imagine if every other turn she had the aurora effect(every hit taken deals damage equal to half).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based On the guess

• Legendary Ike
  • Legendary Eirika
  • Laegjarn

Red would be a skip for me. I knew this when Eirika debuted which is why i tried so hard to get her. oh well. maybe on her return (also she's v. low priority even though i like her). 

• Legendary Lyn
  • Dancing Elincia
  • Brave Ephraim

Green would be a go. I'd hope to get another Lyn or 2 for Merging and an Elincia (green dancers are always welcome, esp one that can hurt dragons) Ephiriam was my CYL choice - and if i got him Close Def 3 would be good on some units- so yah i'd take a dip in here)

• Legendary Tiki
  • Dancing Ryoma
  • Quan

extra tiki: check. another blue dancer? check. and quan's okay. (I am actually more in need of Blue Fodder, so that would be risk a dip)

• New Colorless Mythic (uh, I dunno, one of the major RD characters, endgame style)
  • Summer Linde
  • Loki

Eh on Loki, if the mythic hero is a flier, i'm toast,, and I'd like linde. (i would probably do grey if no green or to avoid a red). just don't be micaiah. 

In the current system, Dark and Anima blessings are utterly useless, so unless IS patches this (they did say they were not done figuring out the formula yet) it won’t be one of them. It also will likely be the Astra/Anima season, so I would say we are getting an Astra hero this time.

Since they just released a C. dagger, I don’t think we’ll get one of those again. I also don’t think we’ll get a staff user either. Unless it is a combo staff/dancer like an alt Faye, I can’t see any healer really making much of a splash.  That leaves C. bow, C. breath, and potentially C. beast as possible weapon types. I’m hoping for a good bow unit, but I certainly wouldn’t mind a beast unit either.

As for the character, I’m not putting too much stock into the whole “only godlike characters” spiel. Until IS proves otherwise, I’m just going to assume that it was a one-off statement and means nothing. Which means any character could be a Mythic Hero. Furthermore, we’ll likely be getting another banner between the RD banner (most likely the 11th) and the Mythic banner (late Jan), so I don’t think it will be a RD character either. In all honesty, I could very well see it being another OC. We will be getting probably 2 new story chapters where they could introduce a new character for us to then summon on the banner.

In summary, I’m going with a C. bow Astra OC, but since I’m always wrong with my predictions anyways, it will probably be something like staff-dancer Dark Faye… and all the Alm fans will do that thing where they laugh externally because if they treat it as anything other than a joke, they will surely die inside.

I have little to no expectations that i will like, however, i think legendary micaiah is likely, since we are getting the radiant dawn banner soon, and if IS actually follows what was the “normal” we are getting a legendary banner related to the normal banner, but again, IS is IS, you can’t trust them

20 minutes ago, Naga said:

I have little to no expectations that i will like, however, i think legendary micaiah is likely, since we are getting the radiant dawn banner soon, and if IS actually follows what was the “normal” we are getting a legendary banner related to the normal banner, but again, IS is IS, you can’t trust them

It's not a fully consistent pattern.

• January: RD/FE8 banners, RD legendary
  • February: Fallen banner, FE8 legendary
  • March: Awakening banner, Awakening legendary
  • April: FE5/Fates banners, FE7 legendary
  • May: FE4 banner, Fates legendary
  • June: FE7 banner, FE7 legendary
  • July: Awakening banner, Awakening legendary
  • August: CYL banner, arguably CYL legendary
  • September: FE4/Fates/OC banners, FE1 legendary
  • October: CYL banner, arguably CYL legendary
  • November: Fates/OC banners, OC legendary
  • December: No New Heroes banners, Fates legendary

So, out of 12 months:

• 5 had a character from a game shared with a New Heroes banner from that month
  • 2 had CYL banners and a character who narrowly missed making it into the CYL finalists
  • 3 had a character not related to any of that month's banners but related to a banner from the previous month
  • 2 had completely random characters

Furthermore, remember that there will almost definitely be a second New Heroes banner in January, so a character could be associated with the second one and still be relevant to the month's banners.

Also even if we do get an RD character, note that Micaiah is just one of at least four characters people have suggested for the upcoming mythic (not legendary) hero.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, XRay said:

Comes with Close Counter too for all range combat.

Throw in Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4, Blade tome effect, no HP threshold Vantage, Special Fighter, and Special Spiral for good measure to make sure we hit higher sales target this month.

Also give him the Eclipse Special with a cooldown of 2, which multiplies his Atk by 5 and cuts enemy Def/Res by 100% on triggering.

Balance? Power creep? What are those? Never heard of those terms before.

Don't forget self-healing.

Edited by bottlegnomes

TIL Kurthnaga gets slower as a dragon. Though that joke about him flying in that cutscene being unrealistic now makes more sense.

I suppose Laguz dragons could technically be treated as beasts if they had their own branch of weapons with inbuilt DC a la Lightning Breath. It's an idea I've had for a while (and I highly doubt I'm the only one).

On 03/01/2019 at 4:21 PM, Ressueah said:

Since they just released a C. dagger, I don’t think we’ll get one of those again. I also don’t think we’ll get a staff user either. Unless it is a combo staff/dancer like an alt Faye, I can’t see any healer really making much of a splash.  That leaves C. bow, C. breath, and potentially C. beast as possible weapon types. I’m hoping for a good bow unit, but I certainly wouldn’t mind a beast unit either.

They made 4 legendary swords. 2 of them cavalry. Both of them one after the other. This "just released" and "relevancy" and "being original" doesn't seen to matter to IS anymore.

Unless I stumble onto Loki or Quan/Ophelia sometime in the next month, or the actual banner somehow deviates from predictions, I think I'll try to grab one of the blues and maybe a colorless, if I can get one before the blue. All the likely blues are units I'm looking for at the moment, and the colorless lineup looks good too.

Edited by Othin

If these titles actually mean anything then it should really be one of the endgame RD characters (is there a reason why we're putting them in spoilers in this thread when we don't anywhere else?). If Mythic is just going to be more lords then what was the point of making it separate from Legendary?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:09 PM, Othin said:

In the game

In reference to your spoilered comment from a few days ago:

Spoiler

Light makes a lot of sense for Ashera, since Dark and Chaos seem to be associated, so do Light and Order. Of course Micaiah and Lehran both prove this doesn't have to be the case. And since I spoke of Lehran, note his weapon types are Light, Dark, and Staff, strangely no Anima. But he is the servant of the two goddesses, he speaks to both Light/Order and Dark/Chaos, with Staff I guess being a neutral in-between.

She'd also probably make a lot of sense as Armor, being she never moves. Ashera in battle is all about rotating through a cycle of four AoEs and two potent long range single target attacks, never using her equipped Judge weapon unless she is attacked.

Perhaps Special deceleration for her, since the Judge weapons can never crit. In exchange, her weapon would have some real strong AoE effect built in, perhaps with Gravity or Candlelight (whatever the no-counterattacking debuff is), since one of the two status Judges is Stun (the other is Silence).

I keep forgetting to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lilith from Fates wound up being an Astra Mythic Hero. I'd welcome beta fish dragon, too; she cute.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hey @Johann, what about change the Topic name? We now know that banners that introduce new Mythic Heroes will be called Mythic Heroes Banner, so the topic's name should be "January 2019 Mythic Banner Expectations".

I mentioned in the first post that it was to keep the thread series recognizable and consistent, but if it bothers people I'll change it

Random unrelated thought: February's Legendary will be Roy as a fire hero

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Random unrelated thought: February's Legendary will be Roy as a fire hero

It's possible. Roy as a Fire Legendary Hero, with the Speed bonus. The Binding Blade Banner is in March, right? He could also be the March Mythic Hero too, but we are expecting the March Hero to be green and I don't see Roy as a Green unit.

Despite I wanting Roy as a Legendary/Mythic Hero, I don't want another Sword Hero... all Red Legendary Heroes are Sword units.

We agree that we expect January's Mythic Hero to be a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn character, right? Or it or another OC.

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We agree that we expect January's Mythic Hero to be a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn character, right? Or it or another OC.

It's what a lot of people are expecting, but there's really no way to be sure.

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Despite I wanting Roy as a Legendary/Mythic Hero, I don't want another Sword Hero... all Red Legendary Heroes are Sword units.

He could be a red dragonstone unit (since it's heavily hinted that his mom is Ninian, even if it's not technically canon as it's never overtly stated.) I wouldn't complain.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

He could be a red dragonstone unit (since it's heavily hinted that his mom is Ninian, even if it's not technically canon as it's never overtly stated.) I wouldn't complain.

I wouldn't complain either. Cavalry Dragon