A Pre-Release Poll for Three Houses (1/3/2019)

BZL8

A Prerelease Poll (1/3/2019) for "Three Houses"  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How has the promotional material/footage (trailers, clips, gameplay, previews, press-releases, etc.) for the game released so far affected your expectations?

• R.I.P. Fire Emblem.
    • Soured it.
    • I like it.
    • Give the game to me. NOW.
    • Still on the fence.
  2. 2. Would you be okay with a potential delay for the game?

• Yes. I am fine with a delay.
    • No. I am NOT okay with a delay.
    • I am unsure about it.
  3. 3. What are your current thoughts on the four characters so far? (Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude)

• I hate them.
    • I don't like them.
    • Unsure about them.
    • I like them.
    • I love them.
    • Who are these characters again?
  4. 4. What are your current thoughts on the gameplay mechanics revealed thus far? (Troop support, skills, combat arts, free roaming, etc.)

• Unsure about those mechanics.
    • I like those mechanics.
    • I love those mechanics.
    • What mechanics?
  5. 5. Do you like what is currently known about the story/world/lore of "Three Houses" so far?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still on the fence.
    • I don't know anything about what you asked.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 04:30 AM

Right now, after one trailer, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I like the style but I hope the final game looks better. The gameplay looks interesting, with skills, troops, and exploration. And the characters all intrigue me, except Byleth, because I suspect he's the avatar and that inherently makes me apprehensive. The story doesn't seem too innovative from what we know, but I like the idea of focusing on the three houses and I'm hoping that means there will be more politics involved. The music is good but I'm not a fan of the bit of the sung version of the song we heard. 

As far as another delay, I would be very disappointed, and would need a port or remaster of another game in the meantime to make me feel better.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, E. Wendall said:

Looks like most people aren't too sure how to feel about all this so far.

I mean we only have one trailer to go off of at this point, it can be hard to draw a conclusion based on that alone.

as for my oppinion 

I am on the fence, the trailer was good, but I just don't see anything notable, I mean I am not hard to please, if this dragon loli is handled well (ie. not a tiki clone) I will be plenty happy, or if the mechanics do anything notably interesting like if summoning is back that will be quite a few points in the game's favor, but as of now I just can't say that anything wowed me.

at this point I would be annoyed with a delay, I want to see more of this and a delay would only make this harder than it needs to be.

I do not like our four main characters, edelgard is about as compelling as soggy chex cereal, dimitri is the typical soldier type so ok but uninteresting, claude seems to be a flirt which they will need to try really hard to make him work in a vacuum if he doesn't have a buddy to help him with his shtick, byleth does not exist. as for designs, it seems like they are going to use a page out of twilight princess' book on how to make your game dark, just add too much black.

as of now I am curious about the mechanics, but I do not like some of the things shown in the trailer, like that zoom in thing where you seem to be attacking from a distance, I also hope the grunts do more active things, the arrow barrage was nice, but if they don't do more than just run ahead and die I will be very disappointed, as for them all looking the same, I am indifferent to the concept.

hard to judge the story as of now, I will withhold judgement.

1. How has the promotional material/footage (trailers, clips, gameplay, previews, press-releases, etc.) for the game released so far affected your expectations?

Soured them.  The whole thing was very derivative, and the elements being derived from were generally the ones I'd rather see disappear (mature-looking woman who's going to be martyred, evil Santa Claus, too-important-looking tactician Avatar, generic-looking Lord characters who are probably just as marginalized in their own stories as Chrom/Xander/Ryoma, LOLI FUCKING MANAKETE, dragons are probably the bad guys again, etc.).

2. Would you be okay with a potential delay for the game?

Don't particularly care, since I'm not hyped for the game anymore.

3. What are your current thoughts on the four characters so far? (Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude)

Pokemon GO meets generic shonen anime.  Also the first two names are a miss (I'm just going to end up calling them Billy and Edgelord).

4. What are your current thoughts on the gameplay mechanics revealed thus far? (Troop support, skills, combat arts, free roaming, etc.)

The soldier swarms really turned me off.  They're an eyesore and a distraction, making random ineffective movements in the background while all having exactly the same face and body type for a given leader (I think I joked at one point that the mooks were actually Naruto extras using Kagebunshin no Jutsu).  Skills/combat arts/free roaming are perfectly fine, but even together they're not enough to outweigh the failed attempt at mimicking Dynasty Warriors.

5. Do you like what is currently known about the story/world/lore of "Three Houses" so far?

It feels safe, like they threw Fates and Awakening into a blender and made plot salad out of it.  IntSys knows the formula now and it works, so they're going to continue using it until it stops working.

Edited by EdeaCreamer

1. The trailer is underwhelming and the game looks unfinished, it's novelty has worn off and I'm struggling to stay hyped due to the lack of updates.

2. If it isn't already delayed then yes. I'd like for them to be thorough with this game, I can't even touch Awakening or Fates anymore.

3. Almost all of them look emotionless and bland, save for Claude. I hope Byleth wont be the center of the universe like Corrin was but chances are it'll happen again.

4. Can't say. I'd love to hear more about them but that wont happen for another 6 months or so.

5. I have ZERO faith in Fire Emblem's storytelling these days. Gameplay is enough for me.

Thanks to everyone who answered the poll and responded! If people and mods are okay with it, I will have another pre-release poll out in the next month or two. Should any new info be revealed from now until mid-February, I will not immediately release the poll in order to allow time for users to formulate their thoughts and be generally free from the immediate hype-salt kneejerk cycle. 

8 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Thanks to everyone who answered the poll and responded! If people and mods are okay with it, I will have another pre-release poll out in the next month or two. Should any new info be revealed from now until mid-February, I will not immediately release the poll in order to allow time for users to formulate their thoughts and be generally free from the immediate hype-salt kneejerk cycle. 

I think that waiting until after the next trailer would be a good way to keep it fresh, I don't think that I am changing any of my opinions with time alone.

2 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

When’s the next direct? 

Lots of people suspect January but January is almost halfway over. I recall the previous January directs being much earlier. And Nintendo already revealing some things like FF dates or Yoshi info does seem weird if they were planning to provide info in a coming direct. If we don't hear anything this week I consider the January direct canceled. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lots of people suspect January but January is almost halfway over. I recall the previous January directs being much earlier. And Nintendo already revealing some things like FF dates or Yoshi info does seem weird if they were planning to provide info in a coming direct. If we don't hear anything this week I consider the January direct canceled. 

that implies that a january direct was planned to begin with, nintendo could throw us a curveball and give it to us in february, maybe something in january could be holding it back.

On 2019-01-08 at 9:43 AM, Quiyonce said:

Really surprised on the number of people who are okay with a delay of the game.

I forget to whom this quote is attributed, but "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever". I suppose it's less absolute in an age of patches but it still largely applies. There's absolutely no rush for the game to come out; it's not like we as players lack for quality titles to play in this day and age.

Also I know some people in the industry and i know that rushes create brutal crunch time for them which I wouldn't wish on anyone, so all the more reason to be patient.

Otherwise, like others, I don't have too much to say. I think the hordes of soldiers appearing in battle scenes seems awkward but I'll reserve judgement until I see how it works in practice. Dissapointed that apparently weapon durability is back. And I kinda hope we can dial down the importance and worship of avatars, but I'm not holding my breath. Besides that... it really all comes down to gameplay for me (and characters to a lesser extent), and that's a nearly impossible thing to judge until we see the details.

15 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I forget to whom this quote is attributed, but "a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever". I suppose it's less absolute in an age of patches but it still largely applies. There's absolutely no rush for the game to come out; it's not like we as players lack for quality titles to play in this day and age.

Also I know some people in the industry and i know that rushes create brutal crunch time for them which I wouldn't wish on anyone, so all the more reason to be patient.

Otherwise, like others, I don't have too much to say. I think the hordes of soldiers appearing in battle scenes seems awkward but I'll reserve judgement until I see how it works in practice. Dissapointed that apparently weapon durability is back. And I kinda hope we can dial down the importance and worship of avatars, but I'm not holding my breath. Besides that... it really all comes down to gameplay for me (and characters to a lesser extent), and that's a nearly impossible thing to judge until we see the details.

Make the avatar a Jagen, someone who can hold thier own in a fight, and acts as a personal visor to the main lords, but takes a backseat when it comes to the plot. They seem to be going this route anyway. 

On 18.1.2019 at 7:52 PM, ElectiveToast said:

When’s the next direct? 

after i saw the nintendo presentaition list  the next direct could be middle january or end of january. so something can happen next week or the week after but im not sure cause it could happen in february, i justsaw that evry time there was a direct in nov then a januuary direct comes, if there was a direct in dec then the next direct was feburary. 

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

after i saw the nintendo presentaition list  the next direct could be middle january or end of january. so something can happen next week or the week after but im not sure cause it could happen in february, i justsaw that evry time there was a direct in nov then a januuary direct comes, if there was a direct in dec then the next direct was feburary. 

Hope it’s early February.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

February 7th, if it comes around that day we should get a brief trailer on 3H and an FE direct in March. 

I understand people are thirsty for a direct, but come on, don't resort to posting clickbait. The direct will come when it comes. 

By the way, as the OP of this thread, I don't think this is the best thread to discuss when the next Nintendo Direct will show up.

Edited by BZL8

5 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

February 7th, if it comes around that day we should get a brief trailer on 3H and an FE direct in March. 

(snipped to protect the children)

you, keep that trash off my screen, this is the same guy who went all in on the grinch leak, his credibility is in the gutter.

this guy posts anything and everything he can find with clickbait titles.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Guest TheCrimsonChin

Oh goodie, more fake nintendo direct leaks. Because we totally didn't get enough of these last year.

I don't trust a single one of these things anymore.

1. The Trailer got me excited since they showed more about the worlbuilding than FE Fates did. Right now.... the excitement has cooled down and I can not wait for a new Trailer to drop.

2. I would be okay with a delay if it means that the game will look more polished.

3. Apart from "Edelgard" the other ones dont look too impressiv for me. They are...Kind of there. But without a look at their characters it is hard to say. And please....dont let Byleth (the Avatar ? ) be a Protagonist for this game. I have had enough of it from FE Fates. But if I have to guess, I would say, that Byleth will be a member of a forth house which....Plays a bigger role in the Story.

4. With the exception of the Troop Formation I like all of them from what I have seen. Please dont let the Troop Formation Play a BIG Role in the gameplay. I hop that These troops are mainly there to Support you , without giving you stat boosts or such.

5. So far it Looks promising. Lets just hope they dont use well known tropes for the rest of the Story ( e.g. Evil Church ; fighting against a gods / gods ; time or space travels #outrealms).