Transfer Data FE9-FE10 too easy ?

ZSel

Hello,

I'm doing a run of Path of Radiance at the moment and was planning to do Radiant Dawn after that. Since I know you can data transfer your stats I wanted to ask you if it'll make the game too easy to do so.. Considering I'll be playing on the highest difficulty level. I planned to have a really good Sothe on Path of Radiance, but if it makes Radiant Dawn too easy I think I'll just skip that, since Sothe stats transfer totally.

Has anyone played hard mode FE10 with a uber Sothe ? Does it remove the challenge ? :/

3 hours ago, ZSel said:

Hello,

I'm doing a run of Path of Radiance at the moment and was planning to do Radiant Dawn after that. Since I know you can data transfer your stats I wanted to ask you if it'll make the game too easy to do so.. Considering I'll be playing on the highest difficulty level. I planned to have a really good Sothe on Path of Radiance, but if it makes Radiant Dawn too easy I think I'll just skip that, since Sothe stats transfer totally.

Has anyone played hard mode FE10 with a uber Sothe ? Does it remove the challenge ? :/

Transfers don't make the game too easy, they just make certain units slightly better. It'll certainly make it easier, but not by a significant margin.

Also, don't train Sothe, he often will just end up worse than he is in base RD.

It definitely doesn't make things too easy, RD hard mode is quite a challenge.

6 hours ago, ZSel said:

An "uber Sothe" will make part 1 more manageable and make him more usable beyond that, but his late promotion and low stat caps can't be fixed by data transfer. It doesn't "remove the challenge" any more than Volug and others do, especially since Sothe largely only gets defensive boosts from transfers due to his Str, Skl, and Spd being at or near what they cap at in PoR.

And since Sothe's stats do transfer directly, even if they're lower, if you want to go for it, just make sure all his stats in PoR tie or beat his bases in RD. Not hard to do, but something you should know.

Remember, the upper caps in FE10 hover around 35-40.

Getting +2 in a few stats isn't going to make the game noticeably easier unless you plan on it and get certain units to cap certain stats. Plus, it's not like Ike chapters are particularly hard as is.

Edited by Slumber

The biggest gains are Spd on a whole bunch of characters, since 2 Spd can make a bigger difference than 2 of anything else, crossing from not-doubling to doubling. Also, Neph with Str and Spd transfers makes a things notably better at one point, and Str/Spd on Jill also helps fix her starting rut in RD. 

Amazing replies thanks guys ! I feel reassured then :)

I know +2 spd can make a big deal I'll avoid that since there are already good enough characters to work with in the base game. I'll see if I can get a somehow better Sothe which seems hard considering the good base stats he has indeed.

I look forward to do Radiant Dawn, I have good memory of how the game is concepted with the different parts showing us the different groups. From what I've recently heard this game is not high in the most prefered FE games, which seems weird to me.

Thanks again :)