Bound Hero Battle: Klein & Clarine

Landmaster

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm kind of at a loss for words at this point.

He says and continues to write several pages long. Just kidding, I enjoy reading what you come up with, even more so, now that it is the last time.

For the special clear it looks like you made it a lot harder for yourself by insisting on Fir and Bartre, but like you already wrote it looks like when you made up your mind you are pulling through with it. And I wouldn't have doubted at any point, that you would figure out the movements and skills needed to lead this team to victory. And with some help of Roy you did.

So it is time to say good bye to Team Morgan. Apart from overcoming the Windboost it didn't look like they had that much difficulty, but we already had the final battle and this is as just to see them one more time. Sadly Ninian didn't get another time to shine, but her support is always very important and so we got to see Morgan one last time in all his glory.

Really good to see that the dream you had since the start of the game really did come true. Not only did you use Matthew, but you made a year long journey that you shared with all of us, how you and Matthew can beat every challenge the game throws at you. The map itself was pretty much Matthew like we expect him to do now, taking all the hits and still defeating foes as fast as only few would have thought him capable of. He was the star of this clear agan, but that is only fitting for the epilogue to his journey.

And now here at the end I want to say you have my deepest respect for all the effort and time you spent on sharing Matthews journey with us and Morgan and all these special clears on top of that. And you even went the extra mile to share your thoughts on all these clears with us and even if it could get long at times I enjoyed reading all of it. It has been a pleasure to be able to witness your adventures with Matthew, even if it is a little sad to see it come to an end. I wish you the best of luck and success in everything you will do. May you finally get some rest after all this.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Azuris

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Watched it earlier but didn't get to post until now, and I really wanted to carefully word this post.

First of all, how dare you use sentimental music and make this even sadder? :P

All in all, again, very enjoyable clears and always inspiring to watch.

Sorry I don't think I replied to your questions in the question thread about Fir but you already had your answer before I could reply +Atk and wow you really made Fir and her father work! I forgot how much I enjoyed Fir's art and special lines until you refreshed my memory of her.  Double Roy was also fun to see! Galeforce shenanigans are always fun to see, especially with warping action in the mix. Bartre sure is buff, you reminded me of memories early game where I used him as my axe unit and he can take a beating on the physical side. I forget most of the FE6 units in the game (the banner couldn't come any sooner for more variety), so it's nice to shine some spotlight on them who were there at launch (well except the Roy alts).

It's a shame we won't see Morgan clears anymore after the merge update, where his -Atk will be fixed but you know what, he is still a fun unit to watch with his debuff tome, hitting Res and debuffing before Veronica. His survivability always impresses me, and things like Vantage/Desperation/Luna strats always were a treat to watch, You even made me feel good about the Morgan pitybreaker I had last year and convinced me to use him more often, and he is really fun to use in clears. Amelia is such a great guardian angel to support the team and Priscilla shows Clarine how being healer team support is really done and of course, Ninian is such a graceful dear and I love hearing her voice as you use her.

Now for the Matthew clear. I really like Matthew as well and he was my first summoned colourless unit (despite getting the free one) in my second and he was really fun to use despite his low Atk and he carried my early team which was mostly colourless (and Bartre) with his Poison Strike support and debuff. So nice to see how great he can be these days with your clears, Close Counter is such a perfect A skill for him and it was always inspiring to see you invest in him like I could only dream off, since I like the character but don't have the resources to commit to him (I will build him one day when CC is more available! Saving for Dancer Xander is hard though). Your Matthew really did improve as more tools came out, and Flashing Blade + Aether is a real highlight. So glad you can complete him in time! It's so nice to see great synergy time and time again. Kind of crazy how the team meshes well even without a blue unit to complete the colours. Really nice use of spacing in the map and everything just seemed to flow smoothly with impeccable team support. The fact your team is infantry means you really don't need to fear effective weapons- only the (kind of weak) Poison Dagger which is seeing less use these days.

Kind of fitting to have this BHB be a reinforcement map so your teams could get more spotlight than usual.

Gonna miss your long posts haha, I always look forward to reading your detailed posts. Hope to still read them in the future, your videos are always an inspiration.

@Azuris Yeah I have a soft spot for Assassin's Bow, since the no health requirement Daggerbreaker in interesting to me. I wish it can be refined normally since I want to do Assassin's Bow Clarisse because well...she's an Assassin. But alas.

@mampfoid Good idea! I sort of edged out to +Spd for more Firesweep doubles but I always wondered how Heavy Blade and +Atk and Slaying Lance would be.

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Vaximillian@Rezzy@Ice Dragon@Landmaster@Zeo@SatsumaFSoysoy@NegativeExponents-@Rafiel's Aria@Nanima@eclipse

Decided to do this Bound Hero Battle for extreme laughs. Used Azura, NY!Azura and Lene alongside my Summer Takumi (+ATK/-RES) for Infernal. May or may not contain my unusual sense of humor near the end.

Edited by Frosty

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Good idea! I sort of edged out to +Spd for more Firesweep doubles but I always wondered how Heavy Blade and +Atk and Slaying Lance would be.

What I like in +ATK natures is that you can regain SPD easily with refines. 

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Decided to do this Bound Hero Battle for extreme laughs. Used Azura, NY!Azura and Lene alongside my Summer Takumi (+ATK/-RES) for Infernal. May or may not contain my unusual sense of humor near the end.

Laughs are always good. I loved using Tak-Tak in his TTs with the very same skill set. ER + Desperation is so much fun. Yours is even +ATK, nice! 

Missed the pun though, perhaps because I had to watch without audio? 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

What I like in +ATK natures is that you can regain SPD easily with refines. 

Laughs are always good. I loved using Tak-Tak in his TTs with the very same skill set. ER + Desperation is so much fun. Yours is even +ATK, nice! 

Missed the pun though, perhaps because I had to watch without audio?

Mia's "WAH" plays when I was attempting to attack the Green Archer near the end... and the fact that I placed in "K.O" after Takumi's hit leaving an impact on said archer.

If it's not puns; then silly sound effects are my form of humor.

Edited by Frosty

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Mia's "WAH" plays when I was attempting to attack the Green Archer near the end... and the fact that I placed in "K.O" after Takumi's hit leaving an impact on said archer.

If it's not puns; then silly sound effects are my form of humor.

Nice, I'll recheck it at home! Mia's WAH is hilarious already. 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Vaximillian@Rezzy@Ice Dragon@Landmaster@Zeo@SatsumaFSoysoy@NegativeExponents-@Rafiel's Aria@Nanima@eclipse

LOL the WAH~ Good clear, too~ I liked that you could use WOM and Escape Route together to maneuver Takumi around to save his Dancers after they maneuvered to him~

@Zeo - A sendoff indeed.  Thank you for everything, and I hope to see you around someday~!

@Frosty - I see your Takumi and I'll raise you a Leon. . .because I couldn't pull a summer Takumi to save my life.  Ah, well, three dancers and an archer is always a fun exercise in positioning~!

On 1/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, mampfoid said:

That won't ever happen. ;-) 

Ha, you wouldn't think it, but I'm actually pretty quiet in real life until you get to know me.

Yeah, my BH!Roy is pretty much a nearly perfect +ATK/-RES so he had what he needed to survive EP with the seal. It never came to mind to use the Restore staff for Priscilla, but I did give it to Maribelle for the Aversa special clear, probably one of my favorites if not my very favorite special clear. I hope Morgan serves you well if you do invest in him.

Come to think of it Serra was one of my choices as well. Still haven't built her up even now... but she'll have her day.

It's been fun indeed. I'll still be around, I don't know for how long, but for now I'll continue to enjoy the game, but quietly like a normal player.

@Nanima Yeah, it was a little sad to see Ninian not see combat one last time, but we know from previous clears that she can scrap just as well as the rest of them.

For Matthew, It was agonizing waiting those 6 months for the last copy of him, but seeing how things ended up here, it almost feels like it was meant to be this way. Patience aside I couldn't have asked for better timing. 

Go ahead and tag me. I might not always have the time to reply, but watching other's clears will continue to be something enjoyable, with or without my own to contribute. Thanks for watching mine as well. Knowing everyone's enjoyment of the clears is just as satisfying as doing the clears themselves was.

@Anacybele I know you haven't been following my clears as faithfully as some of the other people on this forum, but you did know of my Matthew and his journey and you were one of the first people to reply to me saying I was going to build one the very first day I came to this forum, so you deserved to be included at the end as well.

@Landmaster It's been a pleasure as always. I'm shocked by the fact that you went back and watched some of the older clears. But I will have a little something on Matt's anniversary (the 14th) for everyone. So look forward to that.

22 hours ago, Azuris said:

He says and continues to write several pages long. Just kidding, I enjoy reading what you come up with, even more so, now that it is the last time.

Haha, to be fair, I was at a loss in the beginning. It actually took me a few minutes of sitting there trying to come up with what I wanted to say, especially considering this was the end. I didn't want to leave anything unsaid.

And as always, it's been a pleasure. 

13 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Watched it earlier but didn't get to post until now, and I really wanted to carefully word this post.

First of all, how dare you use sentimental music and make this even sadder? :P

Look, I planned on using that song for MONTHS. There was no doubt in my mind that was going to be the theme for the final clear.

Like I said I'll continue to be around for a while with some posts here and there! When I first saw Morgan people were talking about a standard Blade tome set for him but I always knew he had potential with his unique tome and I wasn't disappointed with the results. I love how he mirror's Matthew even if he's a colored unit. The symmetry (or maybe... asymmetry) they have is so astounding that I can't believe I waited until the end to put them together. Priscilla and Ninian are great, but I really didn't expect Amelia to end up as the unit she was. DC, Vengeful Fighter, Bold Fighter, so many skills I considered giving her when Wings of Mercy ended up being her most influencial skill and Darting Blow securing skills that would have never been possible otherwise. It's crazy.

Color balance is something that worried me in the beginning but at this point I would never trade in Genny or Matthew for a blue, even if it meant a blue dagger or healer. It proves that perfect synergy is possible without color balance, and how much of a beast Matt can be with investment. I hope CC comes down like rain for the both of us down the line as I still have plenty of units that want it. I'm sure you have units that want it too, I'd tell you Matt's a great candidate but I probably don't need to tell you that at this point, do I?

I don't know when you yourself will be done, but I'll continue to look forward to your clears. Even if they've sometimes been my favorites and will probably make me want to do more of my own. Yours and NegativeExponents were the ones that always reminded me the closest of my own.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster It's been a pleasure as always. I'm shocked by the fact that you went back and watched some of the older clears. But I will have a little something on Matt's anniversary (the 14th) for everyone. So look forward to that.

Yaaayyy, can't wait for it!~

I did't plan to do another run in Klein and Clarine's bound hero battle, but I needed somewhere to test the new Seliph refine. The new Tyrfing still has to prove itself in thougher challenges, but in here the experiment has been a success. The double atk/def bond gave some impressive buffs and he did a good job of showcasing his mercy ability against the blue mage.

I should probably change sol, but I seem to be very low on good fodder recently.

@Zeo Oh, thank you then! I admit yeah, I haven't followed your clears as much as some others, but I have watched some of them! And they're great. :)

I finally went and cleared infernal here using one of Pheonixmaster's solutions as suggested. I knew there wasn't going to be any other way I'd do it, I simply am not good enough to find ways around enemy reinforcements on my own. -_-

Man, I'm late for these responses...These days have been quite hectic due to how there's like a second Christmas celebration 'round these parts (Dia de Reyes).

@mampfoid This clear was pretty unique and shows why L!Tiki is a monster to be afraid of. Groom Marth also impresses me a lot, I tend to think he's kinda weak but it's obvious I'm wrong considering how much damage he can deal.

About blind clears, I tend to do that for almost every GHB/BHB but most of the time it tends to take me 2 tries at the bare minimum because I don't know how the AI will move. For LHB I can't because it locks Abyssal if you haven't cleared Infernal and nowadays I prefer to just show Eirika in the toughest challenge available.  

@Landmaster Wow! You don't see Tomato boy being used often (if at all) but you made him shine. Sakunya using Zeo's Matthew tactics is a nice throwback. 

There's not a lot to say about dragon emblem, it is as deadly as ever.

@mcsilas That clear was pretty cool! I love the combo of V!Roy and V!Lilina, they really make a nice pair. B!Hector is absolutely OP (not that it surprises me, he's my bane in arena) but W!Cecilia was the biggest surprise with all the tanking she did and how she barely survived all those waves.

@Zeo This will be quite long so I'll put in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

What can I say, it's been a pretty fun ride seeing each and every single clear you've done. I'm not sure if I saw all of them and it's highly likely that I didn't but I absolutely loved to see the growth of your team since your Matthew was just at +3 and how you tackled every challenge that came your way in very creative ways. 

Now, I'm not really good at emotional stuff so I'll go ahead and comment on each clear.

The special clear was magnificent. Roy may have taken the spotlight from Fir but that's ok, he's the lord of FE6 and deserves having his time to shine. Fir and Bartre still contributed a lot to the team, Bartre by tanking everything on his path and Fir by dispatching threatening enemies with ease.

Morgan's clear was one that really brought the strength of the team to the spotlight. In many clears it's always one or two units that tend to shine but this time everyone did their part and were able to perfectly bring the map down in sync. I found it very interesting how you held off healing Morgan in order to make the most of the teleporting skills of Amelia, which ended up being the key to take down those annoying fliers. I'll certainly miss this team and how they tend to defy my expectations at every turn. 

For Matt's clear. He was the star as he's always been but in a way it made me remember how he used to be more of a team player during his beginnings (doesn't help that you used the Stand by me cover, that song always gets me emotional) but now he's the one that takes on the world on his shoulders while the rest of his team provide him of invaluable support to make the clear possible. 

It's a bummer that I won't be seeing your clears anymore (that's kind of a lie, I'll certainly go back and do some rewatches every now and then to see stuff like how you cleared some GHB/LHB maps, those are always a treat to watch) but it's good that you won't be pressured into this kind of stuff now that it was starting to become a chore. I hope you won't mind me still tagging you for my Eirika clears, after all you're one of the first persons I've tagged on for them and it always makes me happy to see how you react to them, even if they tend to be a bit same-y haha. As I said, I'm not good with this kind of stuff but to keep it short although this is already a wall of text I want to say CONGRATS ON ALL THOSE WONDERFUL CLEARS AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EFFORT ON MAKING THOSE POSSIBLE!

Late reply but here I am.

@Landmaster Thank you for your compliment. I like your Tomato Prince clear. That well timed Glacies is really hurt. Hit and run strategy seems tired but your team make it work with specific set up.

@mampfoid It's funny to see you use Smite here. This map really corner you to use OP unit like L!Tiki. But that's fine, you achieve your goal anyways.

@mcsilas Nice to see Christmas Cecilia here with her meme throwing boots lol. Brave Hector looks cool, I wish I could pull at least one copy of him as I am Hector collector. He is the last version I don't have yet. You disappoint me that you didn't have support bond on Roy and Lilina, pls let them marry lol. Oops, I forgot that Hector is there so he did not approve them lol.

@Zeo I will miss Matthew and his crew a lot. Are you done with them? So you will come up with new team? To be honest, I still want to record these map clears with you. But if you said so that you will retire, that's your resolve. 

I don't have much time too so I won't record much like before but you can come see my clear anytime.

You are still my friend after all ^^ 

11 hours ago, Sasori said:

I did't plan to do another run in Klein and Clarine's bound hero battle, but I needed somewhere to test the new Seliph refine. The new Tyrfing still has to prove itself in thougher challenges, but in here the experiment has been a success. The double atk/def bond gave some impressive buffs and he did a good job of showcasing his mercy ability against the blue mage.

I should probably change sol, but I seem to be very low on good fodder recently.

Really nice Showcase~ I would think Sol would be good to go with his new Refine Effect, no?

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I finally went and cleared infernal here using one of Pheonixmaster's solutions as suggested. I knew there wasn't going to be any other way I'd do it, I simply am not good enough to find ways around enemy reinforcements on my own. -_-

Glad you got it! The reinforcements were tricky this time around, took a lot of time for me to figure something out for my Theme clear, too~

20 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Wow! You don't see Tomato boy being used often (if at all) but you made him shine. Sakunya using Zeo's Matthew tactics is a nice throwback. 

Thank you, haha, glad you enjoyed it~ Certainly have to give Zeo credit for the Sakura strats~

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Landmaster Thank you for your compliment. I like your Tomato Prince clear. That well timed Glacies is really hurt. Hit and run strategy seems tired but your team make it work with specific set up.

You're welcome!~

I love how most of the comments are about Leo since I didn't think he did all that much, haha!

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid This clear was pretty unique and shows why L!Tiki is a monster to be afraid of. Groom Marth also impresses me a lot, I tend to think he's kinda weak but it's obvious I'm wrong considering how much damage he can deal.

I think the best offensive Axe Cav is Alfonse, but I never got him. Marth got style and I like him, it was fun to use him in my clears. 

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

About blind clears, I tend to do that for almost every GHB/BHB but most of the time it tends to take me 2 tries at the bare minimum because I don't know how the AI will move. For LHB I can't because it locks Abyssal if you haven't cleared Infernal and nowadays I prefer to just show Eirika in the toughest challenge available.  

Yeah, I never liked the fact that Abyssal maps are locked behind Infernal. It's good we can watch the story cut-scenes now even if we start the new story chapters at lunatic difficulty though. 

5 hours ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid It's funny to see you use Smite here. This map really corner you to use OP unit like L!Tiki. But that's fine, you achieve your goal anyways.

Yeah, I was a little bit lazy with Tiki. But she worked so well in Ryomas Abyssal LHB, I didn't want to build an underdog EP unit. 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:10 AM, Alexmender said:

Hide contents

What can I say, it's been a pretty fun ride seeing each and every single clear you've done. I'm not sure if I saw all of them and it's highly likely that I didn't but I absolutely loved to see the growth of your team since your Matthew was just at +3 and how you tackled every challenge that came your way in very creative ways. 

Now, I'm not really good at emotional stuff so I'll go ahead and comment on each clear.

The special clear was magnificent. Roy may have taken the spotlight from Fir but that's ok, he's the lord of FE6 and deserves having his time to shine. Fir and Bartre still contributed a lot to the team, Bartre by tanking everything on his path and Fir by dispatching threatening enemies with ease.

Morgan's clear was one that really brought the strength of the team to the spotlight. In many clears it's always one or two units that tend to shine but this time everyone did their part and were able to perfectly bring the map down in sync. I found it very interesting how you held off healing Morgan in order to make the most of the teleporting skills of Amelia, which ended up being the key to take down those annoying fliers. I'll certainly miss this team and how they tend to defy my expectations at every turn. 

For Matt's clear. He was the star as he's always been but in a way it made me remember how he used to be more of a team player during his beginnings (doesn't help that you used the Stand by me cover, that song always gets me emotional) but now he's the one that takes on the world on his shoulders while the rest of his team provide him of invaluable support to make the clear possible. 

It's a bummer that I won't be seeing your clears anymore (that's kind of a lie, I'll certainly go back and do some rewatches every now and then to see stuff like how you cleared some GHB/LHB maps, those are always a treat to watch) but it's good that you won't be pressured into this kind of stuff now that it was starting to become a chore. I hope you won't mind me still tagging you for my Eirika clears, after all you're one of the first persons I've tagged on for them and it always makes me happy to see how you react to them, even if they tend to be a bit same-y haha. As I said, I'm not good with this kind of stuff but to keep it short although this is already a wall of text I want to say CONGRATS ON ALL THOSE WONDERFUL CLEARS AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EFFORT ON MAKING THOSE POSSIBLE!

Yeah, one thing you guys have always managed to do that's surprised me is the variety in your posts in response to all of my clears which after a certain point carry a certain element. I struggle a bit more with that, hence the same-y lol. I will say as I've said before that your Eirika has always been a marvel to watch and the things I've seen her do sometimes even now still makes me jealous with my Matthew. I wonder if there was true PvP and we had full control of our teams, who would come out on top?

Thanks for watching and replying. You guys made these clears worth it and you in particular would always inspire me to keep going with your own clears. I hope you continue to have fun on your own journey until the day you too, reach Eirika's epilogue.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:31 AM, Ginko said:

@Zeo I will miss Matthew and his crew a lot. Are you done with them? So you will come up with new team? To be honest, I still want to record these map clears with you. But if you said so that you will retire, that's your resolve. 

I don't have much time too so I won't record much like before but you can come see my clear anytime.

You are still my friend after all ^^ 

I'm going to continue to use my Matthew team to clear maps. They're my main team and the best thing I have in this game. I'm just done recording as it takes too much time and effort and I've grown tired. I'll continue to enjoy your clears, friend. It was fun doing things together.

• 6 months later...

Okay, not so easy as to do first try, but I pretty much bruteforced it.

Askrtrio + Fjorm did alright enough..... then I realised I killed Klein and Clarine with the wrong people and had to go again. I even went and used some Renewal and Escape Route fodder so that I could clear it correctly.

Fliers cleared with Aversa, Bridith, NY!Fjorm and Witch!Mia. Really took just figuring out the archers, that was my only problem because of no Iote's Shield.

Was pretty surprised at how relatively hard this BHB was, didn't expect there to be reinforcements at all since they're not in the recent ones I remember. I wonder if they made a conscious effort to make them harder?

Doesn't help that my 4* Anna hits like a wet noodle, had to box Clarine in and even then Anna still needed three rounds to get the kill.

I completed three of this BHB's quests in one go, but how is one supposed to win it with a flying team when there are two archers right in your face to start off with? A third one shows up after that too. Unless you ditched some Michalises for Iote's Shield and also use the seal, I really don't see a way.

13 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Was pretty surprised at how relatively hard this BHB was, didn't expect there to be reinforcements at all since they're not in the recent ones I remember. I wonder if they made a conscious effort to make them harder?

Don't know if the original maps past BHB maps were based had reinforcements but the original map for this BHB did so that could have been a reason for them to include them.

Speaking of the difficulty though, I do have to admit that it does seem like they've been aiming to increase the complexity of these maps ever since this BHB.

Thought I'd be able to clear this map without the Brazen Atk/Spd seal on Felicia but I guess not. 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I completed three of this BHB's quests in one go, but how is one supposed to win it with a flying team when there are two archers right in your face to start off with? A third one shows up after that too. Unless you ditched some Michalises for Iote's Shield and also use the seal, I really don't see a way.

I completed it with yune, ryoma cherche and eir. Will try to remember and post a vid for you