Which character has your favorite art?

Byliyth

With FEH having art from artists of all kind, it's really interesting seeing how other artists see these characters we all love. That being said, what's your favorite character art? Personally, I really like NY!Laevatein because she looks really happy or Summer Xander because a b s 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performing Arts Olivia. It took Olivia's FE A art and put it to shame (which I thought would not be possible at all. The black makes her unique features (hair, eyes) stand out much more. Not to mention that it's an apparent older Olivia so it's impossible for me to say that I don't like her art.

To counter this however (even if it's not the question). Worst art has to be Loyd. Just sayin

My favorite character art is probably BB!Cordelia's Special art. Her wink is super cute and charming. NYOFAI!Laevatein, Elise, and HATF!Sharena are also pretty cute. I also like the artwork from Loki, Camillas, Kageros, some alts, some seasonals, etc. for their plot heavy design, especially for some of their damage art.

For battle sprite, I like TOD!Sakura's sprite since her nekomimi wriggles a little in a very adorable way.

5 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

#Arthurwillalwaysbetheworse

I mean, of all the characters to use the codename steam art style on, arthur is the most fitting

also, fight me evildoer

edit: oh, right the topic, halloween mia is just great IMO, official art for vanguard Ike is just the best, delthia is a great example of Sakura Miwabe's style.

also, unrelated but, is gaou related to disgaea in any way, his summer Y!tiki art reminds me of disgaea for some reason.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Legendary Ephraim's damaged art is gold. He's got that badass smile on his face like he's going "this fight is awesome!" :P

I also love Summer Freddy because of those sexy sculpted abs!

And any Senri Kita art, especially RD Ike's because RD Ike. Except for the fact that Christmas Cecilia's boobs really don't make much sense.

It's hard to pin down a character whose art I like the most.

Valentine's Hector is a favorite of mine, with him looking all stylish and awesome.

Another one I like is Christmas Cecilia. The red of her outfit matches her green hair and overall it looks much better than her previous artwork.

Ike's best artwork is his CYL! artwork. I'm a sucker for him wearing Greil's outfit, and it's a good mixture of his POR and RD selves without going fully into either direction. Slight tangent but I've never liked Ike's voice, I wish he would emote more when speaking.

Anyways, other artwork I'm fond of includes Felicia, Flying Nino, Mage Eirika, Mia, Ishtar, L!Lucina, Nephenee, Oliver, Lyon, and last but not least, Arthur.

Edited by DarthR0xas

Two-sided answer: I'm not fond of Jakob's normal, combat or special arts but I love his damaged art for that "Let's get dangerous!" attitude.

Suda Ayaka (Lewyn) has probably done my favorite work. Their style works so well with FE and it's gorgeous. I wish they will be a main FE artist in the future. I want to see more of them.

I'm also fond of Yoshiku (Bridal Caeda, Lene, New Years Gunnthra) because they did my favorite character Lene. Yoshiku really knows how to make a beautiful woman.

Mayo is also wonderful. I would love to see them as a main artist for FE too.

okay so

I just really love Tobi's art in general, but I'd choose female Morgan's as my favorite. I need to learn to color eyes that way...

and I don't generally like AKIRA's heroes, but I really love how flying Olivia came out, I think she looks so pretty

also, I love Ninian's art~! The design is wonderful and is so soft

Edited by Freohr Datia

I would say my favorite character art from Heroes is Horse Chrom or L!Eirika (though really I think all of her alts have wonderful art).

Other character arts I am fond of are LA'rachel, Delthea, Silas, Tailtiu, Elise, Elincia, Cherche, Black Knight, Brave Hector, Adrift F!Corrin, Reinhardt, Azura and all her alts, Kliff, Boey, Alm, Celica and FH!Celica.

My list of some examples that stick out for me:

• Eir
  • Adrift Camilla
  • Elise
  • Hoshidan Summer Elincia
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Legendary Eirika
  • Titania
  • Rhajat (particularly her reaction of "what the fuck?" in her damage art
  • Legendary Marth
  • Ayra

I have a particular fondness for Asatani Tomoyo, HAKO and HACCAN.

10 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

I like Sigurd, Sothes, Ikes and Michalis. All badass.

#Arthurwillalwaysbetheworse

I'm kinda with Ice Dragon. Arthur's art isn't bad so much as it seems out of place given the rest of the game's aesthetic. It's actually fairly nice art in and of itself. Lloyd's actually isn't terrible so much as it doesn't look like Lloyd at all. I feel like this game has gotten much more of a defined style since it debuted and that's made some of the early art that's more of an alternative style, though not necessarily bad in its own right, seem especially awkward.

Also, I have one major peeve with Sothe's art. The lacing on his chest in his neutral pose, just looks too straight given the angle and contours of his chest and the rest of his shirt, so I keep imagining it being a really janky angle when looked at head on.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Except for the fact that Christmas Cecilia's boobs really don't make much sense.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. Otherwise, the art is gorgeous.

5 hours ago, Rhein said:

If I had to choose one I would choose Dorcas (both of them).

His lack of nipples freaks me out ._. But yeah, otherwise, his art is phenomenal and among my favorite.

There's apparently a lot of art I like for one reason or another so these are the ones that especially stand out to me.

As others have said, Legendary Lyn and PA Olivia look absolutely gorgeous. Along with Brave Ephraim, Christmas Lissa, and NY Fjorm, they're probably my favorite.

I'd like to give special shoutouts to damaged BK and Zelgius for looking especially ferocious and terrifying respectively.

Julius's art does a wonderful job of capturing his bratty, entitled attitude.

F!Grima's art is awesome and does a great job of conveying her power and how fearsome she is.

Marisa's art is quite pretty as well.

Wada in general, I've found out I'm a fan of having several I've mentioned already plus Brave Roy and Leg Hector. My only minor issue is that certain characters and poses, i.e. neutral Leg Lyn and V!Lyn, can end up with the faces seeming a bit chibi. Overall, that's pretty minor, though, given the rest of the art is gorgeous. It kind of makes me sad that a lot of the FE8 I seem to recall having a weird yellow undertone which really detracts from how much I like it.

I personally wouldn't complain if Hidari did the rest of FE's art forever. My least favorite, including outside FEH, is Brave Celica and the style itself is wonderful. The design is just a bit plain for my taste, though it's grown on me quite a bit.

Edited by bottlegnomes

There's so much good art in this game, it's hard for me to pick a favourite.

Sigurd and Helpful Chrom are amazing, but I adore Bunny Chrom a lot.

Christmas Ephraim's damaged art is just... wow. I mean I love it so much. It doesn't even expose much, it's just his expression that really makes me love it.

Lewyn, Ares and Eldigan all look amazing, especially considering how old their original designs are.

Oh man, Halloween Niles is also just... absolutely everything he should be. Just great.

Both the Reinhardts and Olwens - even with the smaller hands on the original Reinhardt. I didn't notice until people pointed out. Thracia always had my favourite artwork and this really worked with it.

There's probably many, many more, but I'll leave it at that for now.