What's The Worst Thing You've Tasted I 2019

12 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Just tried Vegan cheese, because I stopped eating meat back in November, and that shit was put on a microwave meal in the vegetarian section of Wal-Mart 

like that stuff was horrible

Image result for vegan cheese gary

chicken pumpkin mix on a flight

It wasn't AWFUL, but it was bad and cold. I think it'd be okay if it was warm

Haven't really had anything awful this year.

Edited by Nobody

Eh, I'm a meat lover who can't go a day without eating meat at least twice, but I don't see anything wrong with vegan substitutes, like, at all.

It's used as a reference so people know what it's supposed to look/taste like. People who are turning vegan/vegetarian will probably want something similar to what they're used to.

Also, vegan food can be quite tasty as well

I ate some really old, stale peanuts. It takes like blue cheese without the cheesy part but only the moldy part.

13 hours ago, Nobody said:

It's used as a reference so people know what it's supposed to look/taste like. People who are turning vegan/vegetarian will probably want something similar to what they're used to.

Also, vegan food can be quite tasty as well

I agree. When I see some food with a vegan or imitation adjective in front of it, I assume it resembles the substitute being described rather than simulating it perfectly, unless the rest of the packaging says otherwise. There are a lot of great vegan substitutes out there that tastes amazing, and in my opinion, they rival the real thing not because they match the real thing, but because they have their own distinctive taste and texture that is different from the real thing.

For example, I love soy meat used in Asian cooking even though the texture and taste can sometimes be totally way off from real meat. For me personally, I think soy meat tastes best when it retains its distinctive taste and texture rather than when it imitates a specific meat.

When I lived in Brooklyn, an upscale local grocery store near my place sells fake fried chicken thighs and it tastes fucking divine. The company that makes the fake chicken thighs is so fancy with their fried "chicken" that they even go through the trouble of inserting a wooden stick into the middle to imitate the thigh bone. It does not actually taste like fried chicken except for the crust and the "meat" tastes like soy meat rather than chicken meat, but that is the reason why I love it. If I wanted fried chicken, I would have just went to a local restaurant and ordered fried chicken.