2018/2019 NHL Hockey

Anacybele

Since there are now NFL and MLB threads, why not round off the trio? I've made hockey threads before too. Any fans still around?

Still rooting for the Pens as always, though it did sting for a bit to see the hated Capitals take the cup from us. xP Though I am glad we lost to the eventual cup champions rather than another playoff losing team. Unlike how I respect the Ravens as a Steelers fan in the NFL though, I actually do hate the Caps. I've developed a strong dislike for the Flyers and Predators too.

Penguins are currently on an EIGHT GAME WINNING STREAK BABY. I was surprised at how much they turned things around since November when they were losing almost every game. We shut out the Jets who were the second best team in the Western Conference! Playoff Matt Murray is back in business too, he's a freakin' wall in the net right now.  Crosby is being Crosby. All our lines are clicking. Our defense that was horrible earlier is actually pretty competent now (and we still don't have Shultz back either. Poor dude busted his leg). We may have a real shot at three cups in four years! Remember we went back to back for 2016 and 2017.

I got a Crosby with the cup ornament over Christmas, it's adorable. XD

Edited by Anacybele

I watch the Red Wings on TV and currently they are not doing well. It's win one game, lose one game. Win some games and lose others. 

I watch the Red Wings because the Toledo Walleye are their ECHL Affiliate. And Luke Glendening started out as a Walleye. Now he plays for the Red Wings.

And we drop the amazing win streak to the fucking Blackhawks. If it was practically any other team (save for the Caps and Flyers, I guess), I wouldn't be too annoyed since we were kinda due to lose at some point. But we've now lost 10 straight to them. That's ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

hey i thought u stopped watching sports lol

i guess it's only a coincidence that you started watching again when the pens were on a win streak!

I stopped for a long time, but then I decided maybe just a break was enough. And yes, that was a coincidence. I didn't even know they had a win streak until the 7th game. xP

OT WIN IN ARIZONA FOR THE PENS!! Off a powerplay chance of all things too lol. And fittingly, Kessel gets the winner because he kinda weirdly has a habit of that. :P Though I don't think we really had any business going into OT against the Coyotes, they're an injury riddled rubbish team, it's still a win.

Even better, the Caps and Jackets lost, so we got more points and they didn't! We gotta keep fighting for the division title!

Edited by Anacybele

I miss hockey, since jettisoning cable we can only watch the CBC games on Saturday pretty much. And anyway I'd kinda fallen out of it since the Canucks have descended from "ridiculously fun to watch" circa 7-10 years ago to quite mediocre, though at least we have some great young players this season, gives me some hope for the future.

Did watch most of the playoffs though, I'll always love doing that. The Penguins are one of my favourite teams and I've always favoured them in their rivalries but I couldn't not feel happy for Ovechkin winning the Cup anyway. The dude works as hard as anyone and has to put up with so much anti-Russian crap from the media, really glad he got to win one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad this was on the front page so it's legal, but Cup Season is upon us. The teams are:

Boston Bruins

Washington Capitals

Pittsburgh Penguins

Toronto Maple Leafs

Columbus Blue Jackets

Tampa Bay Lightning

New York Islanders

Carolina Hurricanes

Nashville Predators

Winnipeg Jets

Dallas Stars

St. Louis Blues

Las Vegas Golden Knights

San Jose Sharks

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames

Good luck to all the teams, but even still, Go Smashville!

Edited by Hylian Air Force

Eh, the Pens are probably one-and-done with their stupid inconsistency lately. Though I'm glad we avoided facing the Caps in round 1. We did beat them in our previous matchup in the regular season, but as I mentioned, this Pens team is also wildly inconsistent and the Caps are always real tough. I feel like we need more time to prepare for them and what better way than to get the playoff momentum going against the Islanders first?

I hope SOMEBODY kicks the Caps' asses though, because I'd hate for them to get back-to-back cups right after we did!

Edited by Anacybele