New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

13 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

We've got a new banner! It contains beasts! And new skills that are neat! And a second Distant Counter unit that isn't Hector! It's in the spoiler!

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry to say, I can't see anyone demoting from this banner (maybe Leanne? But probably not), they all look pretty good at worst.

Naesala's gonna be the Grand Hero Battle starting on the 12th, so everyone's getting a free bird to play with.

Also, Beast units transform based on whether they're next to any non-Beast/Dragon allies or not.

Naesala's free?  Cool, he and Reyson are probably the two I want most here.  Reyson looks like he would be the one to get demoted, since he's the only without 5 skills.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Also, they all look BUSTED and will not at all be any fun to face in any capacity. Like, dang, IS.

Also also, all of them but one are birds. I sense another theme.

ALSO also also, Leanne without the old raven guy whose name I can't remember, and Nailah without Volug seems slightly strange; makes me wonder if they'll ever get added to Heroes.

I'm still here waiting for Nolan a year after half the Dawn Brigade got released.

I'm happy the Tellius finally got a banner, but not so happy that the powercreep seems to get more and more blatant with every banner.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nailah's B-skill is practically a must have if I want to stop whining about B!Veronica and her BS in Aether Raids, not to mention that would put an end to the endless Dazzling healers in -HB maps. If I remember correctly there's going to be some tickets in the upcoming Forging Bonds which should be for this banner so I'll try my luck with them. All the orbs will go for a last attempt at W!Eirika.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because that's not how I feel? I mean, I'm glad laguz are in the game at last, without a doubt. But can I be disappointed and confused that we have two herons, a weird royal theme, and not Ranulf? There are more laguz, more requested laguz, than just royals.

Because it sounds like you're whining. You're been doing nothing but complaining over and over every single banner that we've been getting. Some more justifiable than others, but come on, we finally get a banner with nothing but fresh new units, no Awakening or Fates characters, and all are beast units and no alt there. The least you could have done is made yourself actually sound somewhat more happy about that, but instead, you complain because the one unit you wanted is not in yet. 

wow, all this wait and IS gives us the bird

*absconds*

Seriously, though, despite the high amount of flyers, I'm cool with everyone and I'm probably gonna get to summon all the colors and save orbs. I'm hoping I can get either Reyson or Nailah (mostly the latter) for my main team and have them support Tiki given that beasts apparently need to be alone or with another beast or dragon to be transformed.

Oh, and the units are mostly male this time around!

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

10 orbs says he's going to be an underwhelming unit

To be honest, I don't really mind if he's underwhelming.  I'm just happy to have him.  Having to have every unit up the powercreep of the last banner isn't tenable.

Well then, Tibarn is bringing an A skill that just casually breaks the game in half. 

"I'll take +6 attack, +10 Def, and denying counter attacks all in one skill slot plz" 

Nailah is no slouch either. Guess I'm breaking out some of my 700+ F2P orbs. 

As for the banner itself, obvious theme is obvious. Anyone not fooling themselves knew it was going to be something like that. Herons are a bit of a surprise, particularly with Reyson looking like the obvious demote choice if any exist (only one without a full kit). 

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

wow, all this wait and IS gives us the bird

I could be pedantic and point out that birds are not beasts, and all but one of theses "beast" units are birds.

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Is that Hel we're fighting in that Paralogue? 

Yep. And she's a Flying unit, just like her daughter. And an Axe unit, just like Surtr. I wonder if she'll be invincible...

11 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Nailah is looking O.P. and I am here for it.

And she's our second Distant Counter unit that isn't Hector. It's nice that Hector finally learned to share... or that Nailah beat the secret of Distant Counter out of Hrid, either or.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reyson seems to be the demote, which is downright bizarre. Good that there'll finally be a readily available flying dancer, though.

What makes you think Reyson will demote, exactly? Asking because I'm curious, and also hoping for this.

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

10 orbs says he's going to be an underwhelming unit

Compared to Tibarn, yeah, most likely. But he'll probably still end up being, at worst, pretty alright.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

*coughHridcough*

Hrid is the first non-Hector DC unit, unless I missed one somewhere. Which, admittedly, I probably did.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I checked my notifications, and that's where it says Naesala is also coming. So four birds and a wolf. I really expected better variety here than that...

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Because it sounds like you're whining. You're been doing nothing but complaining over and over every single banner that we've been getting. Some more justifiable than others, but come on, we finally get a banner with nothing but fresh new units, no Awakening or Fates characters, and all are beast units and no alt there. The least you could have done is made yourself actually sound somewhat more happy about that, but instead, you complain because the one unit you wanted is not in yet. 

...Yeah, I'm not doing this. Not worth it.

Since it looks like we're getting the lottery tickets in the Forging Bonds for this banner, I'll have to pace myself to maximize my Orbs here.  I wonder if they'll do the daily freebie tickets as well or just through Forging Bonds.

At least we have a gender balanced banner for the first time since like September.

This banner is kind of beautiful. Like easily the best banner I've seen from this game. (That's my personal bias talking. Don't mind that.) I also think it's the first time since launch that I'll likely pull all four colors. I've got a lot of orbs to grind because I haven't touched the game in about 3 weeks except to log in for orb bonuses. I already love Yura's art...and the herons look great. Nailah is a goddess as she should be. Tibarn's also wonderful. Can't wait to see Naesala. 

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Hrid is the first non-Hector DC unit, unless I missed one somewhere. Which, admittedly, I probably did.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

He said a second distant counter unit that isn't Hector. Depending on how you interpret that sentence, Hrid was the first. 

Oh, I interpreted it more as "a second distant counter unit (Hector being the first [and 2nd{and 3rd}])." Never mind.

Thoughts:

• Tibarn's A is disgusting
  • Leanne is whatever
  • Also Herons can attack
  • Reyson better be demoting.  I stg IS we have not had a demotion since September with Silas and that was over THREE MONTHS ago.
  • Why does Nailah have DC...?
  • The banner is a pass for me.  Not interested enough in any of them to actually pull and pulling for skills or stats in today's powercreep emblem is stupid.

I'm so excited for this banner. I believe these are the first dancers that can get 3 move, right? Flying no less. I like their format of showing them in and out of combat too. Although, they kind of had to with this banner.

The prospect of reinhardt with that Sturdy Impact A skill is a bit scary. Since he dumps his speed, his bulk isn't even that bad. It's not often you can kill him in one hit. 

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

And she's our second Distant Counter unit that isn't Hector. It's nice that Hector finally learned to share... or that Nailah beat the secret of Distant Counter out of Hrid, either or.

And that's kinda funny to because of how the one thing people complain about beast units is that they lack a 1-2 range weapon. Not Nailah in Heroes.

The New Years banner pity broke me to hell so I'm really happy Naesala is gonna be free. I don't care if he'll somehow be trash, he's my favourite royal. Reyson being the only unit without 5 skills seems like a good sign, we haven't gotten any new demotes in a while. This is a great banner but the powercreeped skills are getting out of hand especially without some kind of skill forgery. 

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Thoughts:

• Tibarn's A is disgusting
  • Leanne is whatever
  • Also Herons can attack
  • Reyson better be demoting.  I stg IS we have not had a demotion since September with Silas and that was over THREE MONTHS ago.
  • Why does Nailah have DC...?
  • The banner is a pass for me.  Not interested enough in any of them to actually pull and pulling for skills or stats in today's powercreep emblem is stupid.

Yeah, the Power creep has really cranked into overdrive since the CYL2 banner.  Reyson is probably the one I want the most here, but if I wait for him to demote, they'll pull another Adrift banner and not demote anybody.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Denies follow-ups, not counters.  It's closer to a breaker.

Close enough. Takes a dump on armours using Vengeful Fighter by boosting attack, def, and denying the follow-up.