New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

Close enough. Takes a dump on armours using Vengeful Fighter by boosting attack, def, and denying the follow-up. 

Armors could use dumping on.  If anything having more and more broken A skills hurts every movement type that isn't armor, since you pretty much need to run the "Duel" skills to use them in Arena anymore.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, the Power creep has really cranked into overdrive since the CYL2 banner.  Reyson is probably the one I want the most here, but if I wait for him to demote, they'll pull another Adrift banner and not demote anybody.

Yeah I am really worried about Reyson not demoting.  No demote October became no demote November became no demote December, and it would really suck if that went and became no demote January too.  But Reyson being effectively a three move dancer makes me very very worried, as he's otherwise the only remotely demotable thing on here.

Five new characters with Naesala being free and Reyson possibly demoting?  We're off to a good start this year character-wise.  That being said, not a big fan of these skills/kits.  It sure didn't take long for Death Blow 4 to be made obsolete, unless it has some serious inheritance limits. 

While I appreciate there finally being a way to nullify -sweep skills, it's kind of odd that it's on a Laguz, with DC no less.  As OP as the Laguz royals were, their lack of 1-2 range made them tedious to use on certain maps.  Obviously with SI they could always rectify this flaw in Heroes, but to fully kit a Laguz out with skills letting them be the first unit to counter anything since Firesweep weapons were introduced?  I don't know, man.     

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Sturdy Impact A is absolutely disgusting and I hope it's uninheritable.

It most likely will be. It has a gold border and looks to be an upgrade of sturdy blow 2 much like how joint hone speed is an upgrade of hone speed 3.

I'm certainly going for Nailah. I'd thought I'd be trying to grab a bird, but with Naesala free and Reyson dropping, I guess not.

Not sure whether I'll prioritize red or colorless on non-blue sessions. Tibarn is a character I want more and red has a high total 5* rate, but Leanne seems more useful and has better individual odds than Tibarn.

I wonder whether or not Leanne's attack has the same Rexcalibur animation as Reyson's. They're listed as the same weapon, but she's colorless.

12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

What makes you think Reyson will demote, exactly? Asking because I'm curious, and also hoping for this.

He only has four skills, while the others have five. Also, he's the only one without any passives that seem likely to be 5* locked.

8 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Why does Nailah have DC...?

Quickclaw, maybe?

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah I am really worried about Reyson not demoting.  No demote October became no demote November became no demote December, and it would really suck if that went and became no demote January too.  But Reyson being effectively a three move dancer makes me very very worried, as he's otherwise the only remotely demotable thing on here.

It's nice that the work the story Laguz racism in by denying them transformation if they start their turn next to a Beorc.

I will focus on pulling Reyson since I Need a flying refresher and green is a great color to pull from, but I will pull other colors as well.  My saving grails will pay off now with Naesala who is my favorite PoR/RD character.  Gotta say, this banner looks great and the fact that we get 5 totally new characters with not a single alt means I will send IS some decent feedback this time.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Quickclaw, maybe?

I forgot about that.  Makes enough sense, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's nice that the work the story Laguz racism in by denying them transformation if they start their turn next to a Beorc.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what this had to do with what I said.

It is nice, though Herons attacking is still odd on that front I understand it was there for gameplay reasons.

14 minutes ago, Angkor WAT said:

The prospect of reinhardt with that Sturdy Impact A skill is a bit scary. Since he dumps his speed, his bulk isn't even that bad. It's not often you can kill him in one hit. 

Sturdy impact would be a waste on Reinhardt, the extra defence is pointless when attacking cause if you are using the Reinhardt the idea is the enemy doesn't get to counter, and then the cancel follow up is pointless because if he is initiating and it's not dying it's probably EP and thus has QR and because he is so slow he will still get doubled, so you are effectively just giving him death blow 3

Edited by Mackc2

Oh noooooooo I was not prepared for Nailah and Leanne! I’m not sure if I’m happy or annoyed that they share a color, though if I have to pick I hope I can pull Nailah. I’m really regretting spending orbs on the legendary banner now ?

Edit: oh wait, Leanne’s colorless! That’s much better

Edited by kirauza343

Whoooo! I'm excited for this one. I was going to spend some orbs to get the beautiful NY!Gunnthra, but daddy Tibarn came to town and stole the orbs I was going to use for her.

In fact, I want all of them tbh. I'm happy Naesala is free.

I may go Tibarn/Leanne>Nailah>Reyson, but I'm definitely pulling all colors for this one. Gray is probably getting my freebie because the odds of getting Leanne are probably higher.

Do the herons have Distant Counter? They look like Magic units, but fight like Physical? I'm surprised they don't seem to heal characters if they're standing next to them though.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wanted Ranulf and he isn't there.

Called it. But yeah, sorry. I'm fully aware how you really wanted him in, and it's pretty disheartening when that isn't the case.

Anyways, holy Grima some of those units are absurd.

Tibarn has 41 HP, 47 base attack and 61 with his weapon (63 transformed), 31 speed, 34 defense, and 18 resistance. Pretty average stats, until you factor in his skills. When he initiates combat, he has 69 (heh) attack while transformed and 67 while not transformed, as well as 44 defense. This cements him as a heavy player phase unit, and as premium fodder to someone like Brave Celica. Chill attack is a bit of an odd skill to put there, but a welcome one nonetheless, and Even Atk wave feels a bit redundant with all of his attack boosting properties, but it does mean he can get 70+ attack on an even turn, even untransformed. Oh yeah, and that good ol' movement bonus. Proper positioning with this guy will tear through enemies quick. Draconic Aura will probably get replaced for something like Ignis on any player phase build.

Leanne has 36 HP, 29 base attack, and 43 with her weapon, 37 base speed and 40 with her weapon, 16 defense, and 34 resistance. She has mirror stance, which is an odd skill for a dancer to have if you ask me, especially since she's frail and lacks distant counter to take advantage of her high res, but I dunno, might be good. Flier formation is nice, but replaceable, and it's good that we have a Hone skill immediately. I personally like the HP restore built into her weapon, since that synergizes nicely with my team comp. I'm going to say that she is the worse of the two herons.

Reyson has 37 HP, 31 base attack and 45 with his weapon, 34 base speed and 37 with his weapon, 24 defense and 26 resistance. Steady posture makes more sense on a dancer. Focus on the stats that will help you survive. Damage is a secondary concern for a dancer. Fortify to work with Leanne's Hone. People say he's the most likely to be demoted, and if that is the case then he will certainly be the better of the two Herons, since he'll be easier to merge for the non-whales out there.  Even if that isn't the case, he still probably is better than Leanne, just for the better skills and stat spread.

Nailah has 40 HP, and I dunno about the rest, trailer didn't show. Can't even calculate attack based on the attacking unit's defense, since they didn't show the archers stats. Slightly annoying. Anyway, DC is great, as is Null Disrupt. I imagine that's the one that's going to be inheritable of the two new skills, since Glare looks like a personal one. And Glare, looks kinda underwhelming. Give the foe the gravity effect on player phase. Since Nailah seems more like an enemy phase unit with DC, this seems like a pointless skill imo. Regardless, she still looks absurd, especially with all the effects on her weapon.

Naesala is GHB unit, and this banner looks awesome. Gotta love that sweet powercreep. It's not even funny how many orbs I'm going to blow on this.

2 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Oh noooooooo I was not prepared for Nailah and Leanne! I’m not sure if I’m happy or annoyed that they share a color

They don't share a color. Nailah is blue, while Leanne is colorless.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

He only has four skills, while the others have five. Also, he's the only one without any passives that seem likely to be 5* locked.

Huh, I hadn't noticed. Well, if he's gonna drop to 4-Star after this, I won't try as hard for him then! Thanks!

3 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Oh noooooooo I was not prepared for Nailah and Leanne! I’m not sure if I’m happy or annoyed that they share a color, though if I have to pick I hope I can pull Nailah. I’m really regretting spending orbs on the legendary banner now ?

Good news! Leanne is Colorless, so she doesn't share a color with Nailah!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Avian flu it sounds like. How odd. Are the walkers (as Naesala once called in the lower case a guy named Norris in PoR) less popular they thought? Just the Wolf Queen. And Reyson + Leanne is excessive, Tibarn + Reyson or Naesala + Leanne (or Nailah + Rafiel) would have been enough.

Nonetheless, this shall suffice. I'm not Tibarn's greatest fan, nor Leanne's (hard to when so much she says is stuck in a cipher), but I do like them, and Reyson and Nailah I really do care for. 4/4, my criterion have been met. I shall at last enter FEH effective on the morning of... for US EST is it the 10th or 11th?

I've about 850 to try for all four, plus probably a bunch in the story chapters having not ever played a single one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It is nice, though Herons attacking is still odd on that front I understand it was there for gameplay reasons.

Having Ninian transform and attack had already set the precedent there.

There should have given Reyson a punch attack and had him attack Oliver.

3 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Called it. But yeah, sorry. I'm fully aware how you really wanted him in, and it's pretty disheartening when that isn't the case.

Is rubbing it in my face necessary?

EDIT: Ranulf and Lethe were two of the most requested laguz, with Ranulf being the most requested after Tibarn. In no way are the cats unpopular.

Edited by Anacybele

Admittedly, I did kind of predict we would get two Herons on this banner, but I was expecting Rafiel instead of Leanne. As much as I am totally down for Leanne, I think I would have preferred Rafiel on this banner just to match with Nailah. She needs her lover after all :P Other than that, I absolutely love this banner, and I really want Tibarn! I'm also really excited for the Naesala GHB

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. But you kind of make a habit of setting yourself for it. Like, maybe stop trying to find reasons to complain about each banner and... just start things by saying the positives. JUST the positives. 

13 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Given this is a new weapon type, I'd expect at least one demotion if not more, even with the free Naesala.

4 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Tibarn has 41 HP, 47 base attack and 61 with his weapon (63 transformed), 31 speed, 34 defense, and 18 resistance.

Tibarn has 38 attack. He also has +3 from his weapon and +6 from the attack wave, since his attack stat is blue.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Chill.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Eh, Ninian could probably transform to fight in the beyond the Dragon Gate world.  Probably.  She also killed two dragons by herself at the end of FE7, untransformed.

Herons are literally so peaceful that trying to be violent hurts them more than whoever they attacked lol.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Admittedly, I did kind of predict we would get two Herons on this banner, but I was expecting Rafiel instead of Leanne. As much as I am totally down for Leanne, I think I would have preferred Rafiel on this banner just to match with Nailah. She needs her lover after all :P Other than that, I absolutely love this banner, and I really want Tibarn! I'm also really excited for the Naesala GHB

I think IS is scared to have a banner with only one female on it anymore.

Blue is the only color without a bird, so I'm guessing that's where Naesala will be.

7 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Do the herons have Distant Counter? They look like Magic units, but fight like Physical? I'm surprised they don't seem to heal characters if they're standing next to them though.

Looks like they fight in melee, I don't think they can counter ranged unless you give them DC.

It certainly looks like a magical attack, but I can't tell. The description doesn't mention dealing magic damage.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ninian wasn't specifically bound to pacifism. It makes sense that she can fight if you give her a dragonstone, or give her a tome and teach her how to use it. Herons are another story.

Edited by Othin

What. You mean to tell me you've never seen a beast man before? Well I have. They're a hairy bunch I'll tell you. And ugly as sin, too. Their faces are all fangs and whiskers. Their claws are like daggers, razor sharp and deadly. And even though they can speak our language, they're beasts through and through. Savages, every one.

I hope you all are happy at the blight you've brought on this game.