New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Actually, in a couple of months we're getting the first Binding Blade banner. We'll probably see more Tellius after that though. Or maybe in February, I dunno.

That's sort of what I meant by "a couple months" also I get the gut feeling we're getting something special this upcoming valentine's banner

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can only hope, but I can't get my hopes up too high. I keep getting disappointed, so it's just not possible for me to hope a lot anymore.

Maybe you just happen to have a smaller pool of FE characters you like or are fond of compared to hate or don't care for due to unfamiliarity? I remember you don't exactly care much for Jugdral save for Sigurd because you don't know the characters and you seem to dislike Elibe for the most part aside from a certain two characters you ship and then maybe a few more.

REYSON.

Sorry...  Had to get that out of my system.  He is my most wanted laguz.  And the fact he might demote...

Okay, my sister and I are thrilled.  And since Ranulf wasn't on this banner, that hopefully guarantees another Tellius banner somewhat soon to add him.  I'm really, really happy.  Only Volug and Rafiel, and I would be satisfied with the laguz forever.  Not a big Leanne fan, but I'll take her since she gives me three I really want.

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

That's sort of what I meant by "a couple months" also I get the gut feeling we're getting something special this upcoming valentine's banner

I hope it's SOV valentines, or a love triangle. Imagine the gag if a banner had Sirius, Tatianna, and Nyna on it.

Dang I wish I had orbs. XD IS has really been hitting it out of the park for me lately! Looks like Heron Wing is magic-based (which makes WAY more sense than physical attacks, given the canon) and I totally called the healing effect! Using Galdrs rather than wind magic would've made more sense, I think, but then again, the only offensive one we know about is forbidden, so... *shrug* Those weapons are so interesting. I love how IS did this and I want them all! :D

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

I hope it's SOV valentines, or a love triangle. Imagine the gag if a banner had Sirius, Tatianna, and Nyna on it.

one can only hope but again IS is kind of hard to read right now

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Maybe you just happen to have a smaller pool of FE characters you like or are fond of compared to hate or don't care for due to unfamiliarity? I remember you don't exactly care much for Jugdral save for Sigurd because you don't know the characters and you seem to dislike Elibe for the most part aside from a certain two characters you ship and then maybe a few more.

Maybe, I don't know. I actually do like Tibarn and Reyson, though, to point out. It's just that since NY Laevatein is still a thing, I didn't want to use orbs on them as badly.

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

one can only hope but again IS is kind of hard to read right now

Too true. I just want a chapter/paralogue with some DRAMA in it. Or something funny. I'm tired of the cop-out "we're under contract" or "we're here to have fun in this festival while Anna schemes of ways of making money!" The Adrift Paralogue was actually interesting, and I don't know why they didn't go more in that direction.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Too true. I just want a chapter/paralogue with some DRAMA in it. Or something funny. I'm tired of the cop-out "we're under contract" or "we're here to have fun in this festival while Anna schemes of ways of making money!" The Adrift Paralogue was actually interesting, and I don't know why they didn't go more in that direction.

I personally am quite fond of Anna's shenanigans. Like, sure, it's a bit of a tired joke, but the variety of ways it can be implemented and the new ideas it can work with are great. I loved how with the latest paralogue it was a little stinger at the end, like Anna was trying to be subtle about how much she wanted money this time.

But yeah, the Adrift paralogue and all the writing around that was amazing, and if they can keep that quality up (Book 3 so far hasn't really disappointed me yet, but it isn't quite as good) or at least to similar levels then FEH is fine.

11 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

ehh well considering the positive reception of this banner and the backlash of the past couple of months. I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing more non-fates banners in the coming months. Give it a couple months we'll see tellius again. 

Edit: though that does beg the question as to when the fates beasts are gonna show up. *shrug* who knows what IS is thinking right now.

Having laguz on the table might help with getting more Tellius rep. But yeah, also more Fates rep.

At least it'll be actual new character banners rather than Adrift. And Tellius is what most needs more rep right now, anyway.

And huh. Speaking of Adrift... that's the only time since CYL2 that we've gotten alts on a New Heroes banner. Adrift itself was a disaster, but they may be learning their lesson about alts, and Adrift's failure may help contribute further.

Admittedly, this is only the third "normal" New Heroes banner since CYL2, but still. And the timeline is noteworthy: the New Heroes alts before the CYL2 banner were probably planned out before the CYL2 poll, and therefore also before they started launching those alts and seeing the immediate blowback.

Its nice to see Beast units come, but I won't be pulling because:

A. Need Winter Erika, but that banner hates me. 

B. I want to wait Kaden and Selkie are announced.

C. I don't know any of these characters.

Oh man I just saw that Naesala is the next grand hero. ...Eh, doesn't make as much sense to me as Dheginsea, Ashnard (though obviously for FE9, so that still could be coming at some point), or even Izuka would have, but I won't complain. It just feels weird that he's not summonable. I'll be happy to bring the Raven King into my barracks, though. :) Hmm if I have to pick one as a priority on this banner it'd have to be....Reyson. Been wanting him for quite a while now, even though the others are also very exciting. :)

Edit: Also, new format for announcing new heroes! :D Kind of threw me at first. And MORE STORY! Heck yeah! X3

Edited by Mercakete

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They're all royals. Reyson and Leanne are a heron prince and princess. Tibarn is a king, Nailah is a queen.

Forgot about that.  I guess I assumed they weren't since they can't stay in their animal form.

58 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

10 orbs says he's going to be an underwhelming unit

My guess is 39/31/39/29/24 with some sort of savage blow weapon to sort of mimic his vortex skill in PoR. But we shall see, and as others have said, still free Naesala.

41 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Five new characters with Naesala being free and Reyson possibly demoting?  We're off to a good start this year character-wise.  That being said, not a big fan of these skills/kits.  It sure didn't take long for Death Blow 4 to be made obsolete, unless it has some serious inheritance limits. 

While I appreciate there finally being a way to nullify -sweep skills, it's kind of odd that it's on a Laguz, with DC no less.  As OP as the Laguz royals were, their lack of 1-2 range made them tedious to use on certain maps.  Obviously with SI they could always rectify this flaw in Heroes, but to fully kit a Laguz out with skills letting them be the first unit to counter anything since Firesweep weapons were introduced?  I don't know, man.     

Eh, I feel like DB4 is still better for offensive nukes who just want to maximize damage and then bank on desperation to maintain. Sturdy Blow is ridiculous, but that's a lot more due to Tibarn seeming like he's an actual mixed-phase-capable unit, so kill someone on PP and survive enough to deal with someone on EP, probably with QR.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's nice that the work the story Laguz racism in by denying them transformation if they start their turn next to a Beorc.

Oh, snap, nice catch. That is a cool touch.

@DarthR0xas & @Baldrick I'm leaning a bit toward it being a specific stat increase, so to speak, like how refined weapons grant their bonuses. With 38 attack, Tibarn hits 162 BST, tying the highest non-trainee BST for fliers. Reyson has 150 and Leanne has 151 which put them right in line with Azura's 150 BST, so it seems like beasts will probably be sticking to their non-transforming counterparts' BST levels.

Anyway, my actual thoughts, YAY :D Tibarn and Nailah look awesome as hell and FREE NAESALA!  Will definitely be going for both of them. Not a ton of orbs, but at least they'll be around for a while and I'd love either. Not Cain, but still, they're awesome. Part of me isn't super surprised that Naesala is free, since he's an entirely new unit type rather than just a new weapon combination, and IS seems to like to give out a taste of new unit types (e.g. Legendary and Mythic) probably as both a sign of good will and to whet people's appetites for the banner units. Not gonna complain, either way though. He's certainly going to be more fun than the other likely candidates as much as I like some of them as characters.

Powercreep is getting absurd, but at least some of it is to mitigate certain aspects of the meta, not that it'll matter for any non-whales or the rare F2Ps who have far more self-control than I.

For me personally, Nailah/Tibarn >> Leanne > Reyson (just because he seems like the demote). I'll definitely be pulling every red and blue orb I see. Leanne would be nice, but won't be heartbroken if I don't get her. Part of me is a little disappointed that I don't have more orbs, but having actually managed to get all of my wanted units on the Christmas and NY banners makes that a lot more bearable, especially since I'm not absolutely in love with any of the characters, just very fond of. But hey, at least IIRC Hrid isn't on this upcoming Legendary banner, so my orbs are safeish.

All in all, once more YAY. This might actually be my favorite New Heroes banner in the history of the game. Two most recent contenders are the two Genealogy ones with Lewyn/Super-shiny Quan and Ares.

22 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I personally am quite fond of Anna's shenanigans. Like, sure, it's a bit of a tired joke, but the variety of ways it can be implemented and the new ideas it can work with are great. I loved how with the latest paralogue it was a little stinger at the end, like Anna was trying to be subtle about how much she wanted money this time.

But yeah, the Adrift paralogue and all the writing around that was amazing, and if they can keep that quality up (Book 3 so far hasn't really disappointed me yet, but it isn't quite as good) or at least to similar levels then FEH is fine.

I thought they were humorous at first in 2017, but 2018 it started getting old. I wouldn't mind the same scenario, but I really wish they made Anna's antics more and more absurd. They plateaued instead. Hopefully she'll get crazier for Valentines.

18 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Its nice to see Beast units come, but I won't be pulling because:

A. Need Winter Erika, but that banner hates me. 

B. I want to wait Kaden and Selkie are announced.

C. I don't know any of these characters.

A. Ugh I never have luck on Christmas banner. Despite it being the "Season of Giving" I feel like I'm the only one giving.

B. I'm excited for them too. They're going to be so much fun to get.

C. Awww what a bummer. They're all interesting characters though. I do have a personal headcanon that Nailah's tribe is somehow related to Keaton and Velouria's tribe.

Skillset of Nailah is awesome. With 500 orbs I should hopefully get one, of course I won't pull for merges on a 4 hero banner. D= The others are just an addition. But I just want Nailah for now. 
And shouldn't Oliver fans pull for Reyson? Just to raise the beauty in the team? Now I have to be patient for the next 2 days. I also like Nailah's art. Finally I can put a cross on my most wanted list.

Edited by Stroud

Laguz units introduced in the book where the main villain is goddess of death herself, who has been shown to lay her hand on the dead and make them her pawn...

Rajaion plis? 

I know it means he would suffer more in universe but it's better than not seeing him anymore for me

They released both Reyson and Leanne at the same time?

... Yeah, I'm not sure if that was the best move on their part. They're going to run out of refreshers if they keep spamming all of them at us early. Also, now I have to care about the banner because I wanted the herons.

Ahhh yeah! Naesala and Reyson are my most wanted Laguz from this batch and one is free while the other seems like a likely demote.

That makes me feel way better about wasting an absurd amount of orbs trying to get Laevatein.

I wonder if the 3ds beast units will have similar restrictions to the tellius ones when it comes to transforming because they could just transform whenever as opposed to having to wait for their transformation or having to take a loss in stats by using a Demi Band.

Also, I hope Tibarn’s A skill is exclusive to him and not inheritable because that skill is just absurd. I don’t mind stuff like Nailah’s B skill which is just meant I counter the current firesweep meta (is it even considered that?) or her Gravity C skill which she can’t even apply from a safe distance the same way staff units can but Sturdy Impact is three big skills jammed into one slot (death blow, armored blow, and null follow-up) and that’s just excessive.

Oh yeah, I watched the trailer again in detail and Tibarn's A-skill is fucking stupid. Death Blow 4 and Hone Attack 4 were actually tame. Steady Stance 4 and whatever Tibarn's A-skill was called again and fortress def/res 3, those are just fucking stupid at this point. What the hell is with all this powercreep skills all of the sudden?

I'm also going to be really pissed if Reyson doesn't demote (because looking at skills, he's the only one without a full kit and is likely to demote). Because even if we get a free Naesala to play with we REALLY need some effing demotes.

I love/hate this banner XD

My thoughts:

Spoiler

I'm glad to see someone not named Hector with Distant Counter who will be added to the summoning pool.

I love/hate Null-C Disrupt. On the one hand, they fix several major problems with fighting speedy-powerful staff units and firesweep Lyns.....

...on the other hand it also kills one of the best ways of dealing with calvary and armored teams (gravity dazzling staves). I hope armoreds don't get too much more powerful after this...

EDIT: Dear Gosh. Binding Shield and Windweep (specifically on Double Lion Alm or Darting Deirdre/Julia) also just got ruined

I love the new style of the trailer and was interested to see Hel's sprite

I hate that the weapons are Yu-Gi-Oh levels of complicated. Such is the need for things to be new I guess... Not gonna lie, didn't remember what each did fully nor tried to.

I freaking panicked for a moment when I initially read Steady Impact's description... Then noticed it was noninheritable. (Never mind, I just reread it and noticed the second part and am panicking again.)

Nailah looks like a solid and interesting unit, especially with her base kit.

I'm intrigued by beast buffs but don't know whether I should be worried about them or not yet.

I was also left with several questions after this trailer,

I didn't expect noninheritable weapons on everyone. I wonder if this is how IS will handle beast units. It seems that they're making each unique. I wonder how Fate's beasts will be handled. Will IS have them constantly transformed but in an average between transformed and untransformed? Or will IS conform them to Tellius's mechanics?

On that note, we don't yet know how untransformated beast units will work.

Will dragon laguz be grouped into Manaketes or Laguz? Will dragon-effective weapons harm them? Can they receive Dragon buffs and Beast buffs?

Edited by Arcphoenix

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man I just saw that Naesala is the next grand hero. ...Eh, doesn't make as much sense to me as Dheginsea, Ashnard (though obviously for FE9, so that still could be coming at some point), or even Izuka would have, but I won't complain. It just feels weird that he's not summonable. I'll be happy to bring the Raven King into my barracks, though. :) Hmm if I have to pick one as a priority on this banner it'd have to be....Reyson. Been wanting him for quite a while now, even though the others are also very exciting. :)

Edit: Also, new format for announcing new heroes! :D Kind of threw me at first. And MORE STORY! Heck yeah! X3

Although Dheginsea, Ashnard, and Izuka are all good choices for GHB, I think Naesala makes sense. Although he wasn't a true antagonist, he did play a rather antagonistic role at times. Plus, he's Tibarn's rival, Reyson's friend, and Leanne's husband so he fits thematically.

jesus that sturdy blow 4... i mean it is a very nice skill to bolster tome pp user against dragons and armorers but kinda pointless because duell skills takeing the A slot. And prolly not needed for PVE. But jesus... that combination of 3 skills put into one lol

I guess IS shot themselfs into the foot with thos Duell skills takeing up the A-Slot

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

Were enemy dragons always called 'Fafnirs', because I just noticed that in the trailer.

Yep. Ever since they were introduced.... I think in early Book II