New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

10 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I think you're misunderstanding the original point Jotari and I were trying to make.

Jotari did not mention the word "seasonal" even once until his most recent post.

That is the problem I have with what he's saying because pretty much every time anyone brings up Lewyn and Homer as refreshers, they aren't bringing it up in a seasonal banner context. That said, as much as I have no problem with Lewyn or Homer being seasonal dancers, as I already said, I don't think it's at all likely that they will ever release dancer versions of them, seasonal or not. A third (and all subsequent) Performing Arts banner would more likely be akin to the most recent one where they just took 4 kind of related popular characters and let them dance.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Neither are Inigo and Shigure, yet they still got a refresher alt.

I was saying that Lewyn and Homer could potentially be starred in a seasonal banner like Inigo and Shigure were.

And I was talking about normal banners and not seasonal alts. Which I assumed was what Ice Dragon was talking about in the first place. (He can correct me if I'm wrong.)

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Too true. I just want a chapter/paralogue with some DRAMA in it. Or something funny. I'm tired of the cop-out "we're under contract" or "we're here to have fun in this festival while Anna schemes of ways of making money!" The Adrift Paralogue was actually interesting, and I don't know why they didn't go more in that direction.

I couldn't agree more. Especially on the Drama part. I looove drama. Desperate Housewives: Fire emblem edition when.

Gee, I wonder who'll get demoted this time. IS, we need clues.

Ok, on a more serious note, the trailer was a step up, now we get preview, and as some youtubers already noticed, we can see their stats as well this time - huge plus IS, thumbs up for that. Another thumb for the fact that we get 4 heroes who haven't been in Heroes in any shape or form before. And one for the new mechanics.

Early review time. Foreword, I am detecting a 2 points of powercreep in the bst, we'll have to see. A possibly 5% extra in growth I predict.

Tibarn: Lord of the Air - 41 Hp, 40 Atk, 31 Spd, 34 Def, 18 Res
Tibarn was promised, and he doesn't disappoint. Actually with all the focus on Atk and the fact that he doubles on full hp unit makes him very scary, especially with Sturdy Impact. Tibarn is all about offense, and he got a nice physical bulk coming with it, especially if he is used as he was designed - attack first, ask questions later. For these reasons Draconic Aura is the perfect choice as a Special for him, and the rare Chill Atk is just the cherry on top. Speed is decent, and Resistance is a fair downside for him.

Leanne: Forest's Song - 36 Hp, 29 Atk, 37 Spd, 16 Def, 34 Res
Flying singer with a touch of healing, added with a good focus on speed and resistance. But since all beast units seems to be melee, defense would help her better than resistance in my opinion. Hone Beasts supports well the role of beasts going together, giving them some extra buff in offense. Overall I have mixed feelings, but Heron Wing with Sing is something I'm looking forward to try out.

Reyson: White Prince - 37 Hp, 31 Atk, 34 Spd, 24 Def, 26 Res
Very similar to Leanne, Reyson comes with a different focus. Fortify Beasts helps in boosting defense. Statwise he's not very well balanced for me, he should just stick with dancer/healer support and only take fighting ground when absolutely needed. At least Leanne came with Flier Formation that gave her more flexibility, but Reyson with the +8 defense can be more bulkier - not a whole lot more, but it can help.

Nailah: Unflinching Eye - 40 Hp, and didn't see spoilers for the rest of her stats in the trailer
So we don't know her stats yet, only that she has 40 Hp, and probably 164 bst like Tibarn. A weird thing is that Wolf Queen Fang works like Nameless Blade, and it should deal 10 extra damage when special triggers, yet when Moonbow popped in the trailer, the bonus damage was only 5. Null C-Distrupt looks interesting, I don't understand how the status neutralization works, but DC and shutdown of counter prevention sounds like the anti-Veronica to me. Not to mention with Glare will also reduce her movement to 1 for the next time; if there is a next time. Ultimately her stats will decide how good she is, if nothing else she becomes best fodder on this banner.

Red > Blue > Colorless > Green - because it seems like you can't go wrong with Tibarn

Edited by Garlyle

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Jotari did not mention the word "seasonal" even once until his most recent post.

That is the problem I have with what he's saying because pretty much every time anyone brings up Lewyn and Homer as refreshers, they aren't bringing it up in a seasonal banner context. That said, as much as I have no problem with Lewyn or Homer being seasonal dancers, as I already said, I don't think it's at all likely that they will ever release dancer versions of them, seasonal or not. A third (and all subsequent) Performing Arts banner would more likely be akin to the most recent one where they just took 4 kind of related popular characters and let them dance.

I literally mentioned seasonal or "banner like Performing Arts/etc." in all but my first reply to you. I was hoping that Performing Arts 2.0 would be the giveaway I was talking strictly about seasonals.

And all I said was that they would excellent candidates, not that they were likely. I'm sorry I didn't clarify too well in my earlier posts.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I couldn't agree more. Especially on the Drama part. I looove drama. Desperate Housewives: Fire emblem edition when.

I want it too. Nyna vs. Tatianna when? Ike vs. Black Knight when? Give me something to rave about FEH!

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And I was talking about normal banners and not seasonal alts. Which I assumed was what Ice Dragon was talking about in the first place. (He can correct me if I'm wrong.)

I'm sorry for misunderstanding what you originally meant.

10 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I literally mentioned seasonal or "banner like Performing Arts/etc." in all but my first reply to you.

Yes, I am fully aware of that, which is why I have not been quoting you. (If I don't quote or tag you, then you can assume that I have nothing more to say. I try to be considerate and actually quote and tag the right people.)

I've been responding to @Jotari's posts since it was very clear that you meant seasonal (and therefore I had nothing to say other than it's unlikely) and it was very unclear that he meant seasonal (since the way he was presenting his argument appeared to imply otherwise).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, I am fully aware of that.

However, I've been responding to Jotari's posts, not yours, since it was very clear that you meant seasonal (and therefore had nothing to say other than it's unlikely) and it was very unclear that he meant seasonal (since the way he was presenting his argument appeared to imply otherwise).

That's a big OOF on my part.

I also apologize to @Jotari in case I was putting words in your mouth.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm just being cranky because it's way past my bedtime and my last copy of Winter Fae isn't coming home.

Don't worry I wasn't upset about you. I got overzealous with replying because I'm excited about the banner and I always feel oddly passionate when it comes to refreshers for some reason. If I came off as rude, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to purposely egg you on.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There are more laguz, more requested laguz, than just royals.

I'm sure there are, but would it make sense to bring the best stuff all at once? Who would pay care for the next 4 beast banners? 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The developers are very clearly prioritizing creating new skills instead of making older skills easier to obtain for the general player base, and that's what I think is really driving the perceived power difference between new units and older units.

That's bugging me too. The 3*/4* heroes become more and more useless in sense of SI. 

Also they could have made a skills better without adding the most powerful B-skills. 

I'm so happy and hyped about this banner! The members of the bird tribe are my favourite characters not only from Tellius, but in the whole franchise. I'm so glad they're finally in Heroes! I'm going to try to get all of them for sure.

Also, let's hope Naesala has good stats and that they put him in the grails shop soon!

49 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I don't think there is any danger of them burning through units too fast, they release actual new units at the rate of molasses.  New Radiant Dawn banner, the 2nd one in the history of the game, and the first banner introducing beasts?  Go all out, no need to save for anything.  When we are talking about old games (everything besides Fates/Awakening) much better for them to release all the heavy hitters as fast as possible cause these games are lucky to get one banner a year, sometimes two.  

Dancers whatever.  If they run out they can release alts, was that our 5th Azura?  How many Olivia are there?  There is no worry about them running out of anything, considering how they can put popular existing characters into whatever role they see fit and release them ad infinitum.  

I love Judgral.  *quietly leaves room*

I do to T.T such is the fate for the games that were released before most of the current fanbase were born.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

That's bugging me too. The 3*/4* heroes become more and more useless in sense of SI.

Yeah, it's something I've been noticing as I do my mass pulling on Legendary Hero banners.

When there are no 5-star pity breakers on the banner at all, literally everything I get is either something from the banner or complete trash with zero middle ground. For example, I currently have a career total of 481 copies of Donnel. What the everloving fuck am I ever going to need another Donnel for?

Okay, "zero middle ground" is kind of an exaggeration... Kind of. I like getting 4-star Silas since I still don't have a copy of him with an optimal nature and I don't already have 20+ Combat Manuals of him because he's still relatively new. And he has decent skills.

I miss the days when getting certain 4-star characters (like Klein or Sothe) actually meant something to me. Just whale things.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Burning through" things means the rate that they're coming out is fast, not that the number remaining is small, even if it really is.

That said, Laylea is unlikely to get in anytime soon since she's a substitute, and Lewyn and Homer are unlikely to ever be given the ability to dance because "Bard" is simply the name of the wind mage class in their respective games and predates the first Bard refresher class. The Wyvern Lord class doesn't somehow make the unit a Lord, so there's no good reason the Jugdral Bard class should make the unit a refresher.

small nitpick. Bard was a unique wind mage, as Amid is a wind mage if you don't marry tailiu. i do agree that that doesn't really mean outside of seasonals he has a chance of being a refresher, but since his class is unique and shares the name of the refresher bard from later games i can see where people would get that.

on a side note i think the substitute units have a decent chance of getting in, some are more popular than the units they replace... arguably. id honestly love linda and amid to be in the game.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, well I was building of Dandy Druid's comments. Thought that was implicit. There's nothing stopping them being released as refreshers outside of a seasonal, but there's no real precedent for that so I don't think it's likely. And you're right, any future performing arts seasonal will more likely be unrelated (primarily Fates and Awakening) characters.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Naesala is the GHB which is coming on the 12th.

Is he? I missed that, hahah! Thanks for letting me know :)

Looks like I'll just be waiting for Ranulf and Rhys. 

1. I have so little link to them as characters (Barring Reyson at this point and story wise I associate him with willing to bomb a forest and being able to move four units for a few turns. Also Tibarn and Leanne sure, but both are NPCs to me.), so that's not going to be the selling point here.

2. All of them are Laguz. That demotion looks unlikely.... Ugh.

Anyways, Laguz time! Let's see if the kings and queens of beasts are worth it!

This banner seems to be shot differently, this might be the norm now.

Tibarn is Red and has has the Hawk King Claw, which has +3 Atk and has guaranteed Follow-Up when transformed. He also gets Sturdy Impact, which gives Atk+6, Def +10 and stops Folllow-Ups (I want that as fodder for everyone honestly), as well as Draconic Aura, Chill Atk and Even Atk Wave. His Laguz transformation needs him to either be alone or only next to beasts or dragons (Does.... does that count bird laguz?), grants +2 Atk and +1 Mov and it seems like he can attack without it. I'll be honest, Tibarn looks wild.

Leanne is Colourless and has Heron Wing, which gives Spd+3 and heals allies in 2 spaces by 7 each turn. She also gets Sing, Mirror Stance, Flier Formation and new skill Hone Beasts (Oh look it didn't become even stronger than the other hones), Her transformation has the same conditions as Tibarn (Will that change?). She's a dancer at least.

"We Herons are optimistic by nature." Yeah, sure Reyson. .He has the same weapon as Leanne, Sing and Steady Posture and Fortify Beasts (Those skills have to come from somewhere). It also feels strange that he can attack now. I also think he has a decent shot at demotion honestly, more than Leanne.

Nailah..... I don't know who she is but those skills are amazing. Wolf Queen Fang has Owl effect and accelerates special trigger. She also has DC (OHO) and Moonbow, while her new skills are Glare (Which inflicts gravity on enemies after she's been attacked) and Null C-Disrupt (Which neutralises status effects and disables skills preventing follow-ups (RIP Dazzling and Firesweep)). Her transformation doesn't grant +1 move but adds +10 when specials trigger. In others words, Nailah is amazing, even if she doesn't get 3 move.

Also in the footage we see Hel has a flying mount and is green (Dangit.). Naesala's getting a GHB, so that'll probably be a pain and I get to get Self-flying Travant.

Okay, so I'm spending my tokens trying to get Nailah. If she wasn't so impressive it'd be Tibarn in fairness.

Edited by Dayni

This is the first banner I've been truly excited about for a long time. I like all the characters, although only really plan to pull for one or two. So happy that a) it's balanced on the gender and we have as male ghb since there are still far more guys to add into the game than girls, and b) no alts!

Nitpicks:

I'd've been happier with Rafiel or Volug over Leanne, since I feel getting in with Nailah is the only chance we have to get them in, but oh well. I'm still happy to have balance for once and Volug wouldn't have gone with the 'Royals' theme.

I would've preferred Reyson to be the colourless one since I have a large amount of male green fliers, and only one colourless, but, again, minor nitpick.

I'm a bit disappointed by the art on Nailah and Leanne. Both their faces look off to me - Leanne's is a bit too chibi and Nailah's looks a bit cluttered. Her wolf sprite looks odd to me, too, which adds to her art to make me less inclined to pull for her.

Those are the only nitpicks. Overall, very happy with the banner and can't wait to add Reyson (and maybe Tibsy) to my collection. Really, really hopeful Naesala gets art that does him justice :D

Edited by Cute Chao

Now I got around watching the trailer and I am excited about them. 

1. Hel. She isn't in the banner but it doesn't matter. A flying axe with a killer effect in her weapon (she has 1 special cooldown charge), excited for her weapon.

2. Tibarn, another red flier (have a NY! Gunnthrá and an Elincia) but I will pull for him like mad nonetheless. 

3. Leanne, if she was somehow ranged then she would be better in my opinion. She will be the hinoka of beasts (with hone beasts). My L!Azura does things better.

4. Reyson, kinda like him more. Pulling copies of him will be helpful as he might get demoted (unless they pull an adrift) and it will be easier to +10 him. If that's the case then he could work nicely too, also I lack green units.

5. Nailah, she is simply awesome. I like her kit but I don't like glare as it is only within one space of target I think but I won't complain.

6. Naesla, freebies are always nice and especially a beast one. He won't be as busted as the others but he will work.

Will pull for all but kinda hoping for Nailah and Tibarn (will prioritize their colours as I want red and blue 4* fodders).

I think they should have saved one Heron for later. Having two of the Herons makes half of the banner kinda samey. 

But otherwise its a really strong banner. It focuses on the ignored Tellius roster, its all new characters and all characters I like with new gameplay mechanics introduced to boot. I feel really good about my chances this banner. I got 357 orbs and Tibarn is red which is the most common color of them all. Unless there is some freak accident(which is actually very possible in a gacha game) I should be able to get him. 

I don't care about beast units tbh, but those look like some very strong units!

Probably going for the wolf lady, that B skill looks very usefull. Might continue for Tibarn if I get wolf fast enough.

Also, more Tellius next month plz? And I don't even like the Tellius games that much. If we don't at least get Jill with a beast slaying weapon soon I'm gonna have to write a letter of dissapointement to IS.

Edited by Falter

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one other thing that makes me disappointed here. The way IS has been treating Tellius, we won't see anymore of it for another year. And I really don't want to wait another year for Ranulf or Kieran or whoever else...

Think of it this way, if this banner does well (which it looks like it'll be doing better than any banner we've had for the past few months), that means IS will be more like to continue doing Tellius banners!

I can see we getting another Tellius banner this year, as well as a Legendary/Mythic Beast and maybe a Brave Beast from CYL 3.

Anyway, about the banner... I hope Reyson gets demoted... Please IntSys! However, I am not positive about it .. I thought Mikoto would be demoted but... Nope.

I will targed Blue and Red on this banner, and Nailah is my main target.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, it's something I've been noticing as I do my mass pulling on Legendary Hero banners.

When there are no 5-star pity breakers on the banner at all, literally everything I get is either something from the banner or complete trash with zero middle ground. For example, I currently have a career total of 481 copies of Donnel. What the everloving fuck am I ever going to need another Donnel for?

Okay, "zero middle ground" is kind of an exaggeration... Kind of. I like getting 4-star Silas since I still don't have a copy of him with an optimal nature and I don't already have 20+ Combat Manuals of him because he's still relatively new. And he has decent skills.

I miss the days when getting certain 4-star characters (like Klein or Sothe) actually meant something to me. Just whale things.

Well, I'm no whale (~500 Donnels ... lol) but nearly nothing in the 3*/4* pool would help any of my units much. Sothe is nice to save 20k feathers, but I'm already used to sacrifice 5* Hanas. My Hana could have been +8 by now. 

How do you like the fact level 4 A-skills get pretty strong B-Skill effects on top? For me it gets annoying to check which of the enemies skills fiddles with follow-ups. 

Nice banner, having two refreshers sounds odd (Caineghis would make sense in place of one of them), but who really care? Anyway Three squares movement flyer refreshers are as much busted as Tibarn or Nailah imho. I will snipe only for wolf and hawk though. I am pretty sure I will get some herons eventualy along the way anywaly.

Also given dragons are threated as shifters by Laguz weapons, I would say it's safe assume dragon laguz will be just standard dragonstone users, which is cool with me.