New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

Just now, Byliyth said:

Well, in the inheritable skills menu, when you try to search skills up, it doesnt look like thered be space for beasts. Also, keep in mind that each beast unit is a different type of beast, like hawk, heron, wolf, etc, so inheritable weapons seem more unlikely because imagine a heron using a clawing attack that only wolves could do or something.

If Reyson is demoted, this means we'd have our first flying singer in the 4* summoning pool~

Yep, and who better. We need a demote after all this time so I'd be ecstatic about this one.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

How? There's no system currently in the game to limit weapon inheritance by "Laguz tribe" unless, as I previously mentioned, they make all combat birds red, all beasts blue, and all herons green and colorless.

They can't use pure movement type because Rafiel is an infantry heron unless they break canon and let him fly again (or resolve to never implement him ever).

Dragons are unable to learn Galeforce, so there's a decent chance that beasts won't be able to, either.

Hmm, maybe. If they can learn it he'll be really good though.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ice Dragon I'm probably being overly anal at this point, and probably should've specified wording better, but the Reyson/Tibarn scenario still falls into what I was considering wanting and would be more a matter of playing the odds so to speak. The first numbers were the scenario I was getting at: Option A is I might prefer some but would be okay with any of these characters and the more the better. Option B is I want a subset and the rest I'd be disappointed in getting due to either extreme apathy or active distain. In these two scenarios, my initial assumption, and based on what you've said (correct me if I'm wrong), is that option A would yield a higher likelihood of getting a character you want. So circling back to Etheus, my take was he was lucky in falling into option A rather than the people in option B. 

That said, that's a very interesting point about priority order, and I'll have to keep it in mind for future banners. And I'll drop the subject now since, as said, I'm probably being overly anal.

On a different note, I wonder if there are no demotions if people will riot or if they'll be less surprised given the royalty theme and that the most likely one is a 3 move flying dancer.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How? There's no system currently in the game to limit weapon inheritance by "Laguz tribe" unless, as I previously mentioned, they make all combat birds red, all beasts blue, and all herons green and colorless.

It seems really unlikely that they'd limit beasts to a certain color, otherwise most red, green, and colorless beasts will be weak to bows.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm surprised by Ranulf's absence as well.

They've been clearing out the upper levels of CYL2 pretty well so far, and Ranulf isn't quite in that range, but he's close. I'm sure they'll get to him and Lethe sometime this year.

Yeah, I really hope so. He's best kitty cat imo and best laguz to me. I love him lots!

2 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

It seems really unlikely that they'd limit beasts to a certain color, otherwise most red, green, and colorless beasts will be weak to bows.

I don't really see much of a problem with that, though. We already have a huge number of the existing blue units weak to bows.

My problem is that there are literally only three herons in the series and splitting them between green and colorless dilutes those pools to homeopathic levels. Putting Naesala into green for his ability to use Vortex/Maelstrom doesn't help at all and also helps to depopulate red.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing Naesala is blue, since it's the only color without a bird on the banner.

And if they do, that's pretty much saying that they absolutely aren't going to be doing inheritable weapons for beast weapons at all. Which is entirely my point.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

there are literally only three herons in the series

Sephiran cries in a corner cuddling Lillia's corpse.

Jokes aside, from an implementation standpoint (read expediency), making them all beasts makes sense, but it does seem somewhat limiting and a bit strange lorewise. Either no inheritable weapons or some super janky way of managing it, neither of which seem fun. At least Laguz have a bit of a case since in Tellius they couldn't use different weapons, unlike 99% of the Beorc having personal weapons.

Edited by bottlegnomes

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They can't use pure movement type because Rafiel is an infantry heron unless they break canon and let him fly again (or resolve to never implement him ever).

38 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

Well, in the inheritable skills menu, when you try to search skills up, it doesnt look like thered be space for beasts. Also, keep in mind that each beast unit is a different type of beast, like hawk, heron, wolf, etc, so inheritable weapons seem more unlikely because imagine a heron using a clawing attack that only wolves could do or something.

I was thinking of further restricting beast weapons by movement type actually; they could pull Rafiel from before his incident or say Breidablik healed him if they ever added him, or even just give him "Heron Beak" as a weapon and make him an infantry unit instead (after all, H!Myrrh is landlocked despite having wings in her human and dragon forms).

I honestly expect any potential inheritance to be done a la dragon/bow/dagger, where everything is shared among all colors somehow, as there simply aren't enough beasts of each type to fill out a color wheel very well.  I have no idea how the naming scheme for that would work though, given the differences in tribes.

We'll find out as soon as the patch drops, as they will need to add the Beast icon selection to the skill search on the Skill Inheritance screen (though I suppose it might not show up until you've pulled a beast unit, not entirely sure how that works since you can only search for skills that your units know).

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they'll do armored beasts. Lions, maybe?

I hear 200 BST incoming.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm surprised by Ranulf's absence as well.

They've been clearing out the upper levels of CYL2 pretty well so far, and Ranulf isn't quite in that range, but he's close. I'm sure they'll get to him and Lethe sometime this year.

I wonder if when Ranulf comes he’ll be in a banner that celeberates Laguz/Beorc teamwork. So Ranulf, Lethe, Zihark, Miriam and Tormod as a TT reward. Both Zihark and Tormod could have weapons that boost beast units or support them in some way (maybe Tormod allows them to transform even when adjacent to him?)

in contrast GHB would be either Petrine or Ashnard with a Laguz effective weapon as part of their effect.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder if when Ranulf comes he’ll be in a banner that celeberates Laguz/Beorc teamwork. So Ranulf, Lethe, Zihark, Miriam and Tormod as a TT reward. Both Zihark and Tormod could have weapons that boost beast units or support them in some way (maybe Tormod allows them to transform even when adjacent to him?)

Huh. On that note, it'd be interesting if Muarim, when implemented, doesn't have the "can't transform when near beorc" limitation if only because it'd be strange if he couldn't transform when next to Tormod. Or if Tormod and Zihark brought an exclusive skill (or something built into their weapon) that cancels out the adjacent beorc penalty. I mean, in retrospect, it's weird that laguz can't transform next to Ike, either.

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

maybe Tormod allows them to transform even when adjacent to him

I can see him having a "this unit is exempt from the beast/ dragon check of an ally beast" clause on his weapon. Ditto for Zihark.

@Sunwoo: I have a suspicion that Laguz known for being friendly with Beorc, like Muarim, will have a completely different transformation condition altogether - it'd explain why it needs to be stated in every one of our current Laguz' weapon descriptions if it's going to be the same for them all (in which case it'd probably be saved for a tutorial instead).

Speaking of tutorials, I assume we're getting new Skill Studies/ Grandmaster Challenges to let us get used to beast units even before getting them. Oh, and Solo skills seem useful for the Laguz that need to be alone to transform. If they weren't a new category of skill (and thus valuable), I'd have put money on Naesala having one.

Edited by DefyingFates

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

@Sunwoo: I have a suspicion that Laguz known for friendly with Beorc, like Muarim, will have a completely different transformation condition altogether - it'd explain why it needs to be stated in every one of our current Laguz' weapon descriptions if it's going to be the same for them all (in which case it'd probably be saved for a tutorial instead).

Yeah, that would make sense I suppose. Remind me, though, wasn't Nailah's Hatari not hostile towards beorc? If laguz and beorc over there had a decent relationship it'd be a bit odd, unless it's literally just "a laguz thing".

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

in contrast GHB would be either Petrine or Ashnard with a Laguz effective weapon as part of their effect.

Tormod and Zihark getting in would be very welcome. I'd prefer Tormod but I think IS suspect people would be more likely to pay for Zihark, and they would probably be right on that. 

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, that would make sense I suppose. Remind me, though, wasn't Nailah's Hatari not hostile towards beorc? If laguz and beorc over there had a decent relationship it'd be a bit odd, unless it's literally just "a laguz thing".

That's a good point. I suppose Nailah is just victim to being in the first wave of Laguz, where IS is still trying out different conditions to see what's fair and what's not yes, I know I just said the current Laguz are playing it safe despite Sturdy Impact being a thing. Either that or the alternate condition will be saved for Laguz who spend a lot of time around Beorc - as if they've adapted to being around them, now that I think about it. That'd be both cool and sweet~

Edited by DefyingFates

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wonder if they'll do armored beasts. Lions, maybe?

Add tigers and bears (oh my!). 

Give that you have Tibarn and the Herons as fliers, armored Laguz would be a question of when and not if. Which, the more I think about it, could introduce a new way to play them as opposed to bunching them all up together (if played with their human armored, okay, Beorc counterparts?). Might be a stretch though.

Edited by Karimlan

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

(after all, H!Myrrh is landlocked despite having wings in her human and dragon forms).

Letting Rafiel fly is a bigger deal than letting Myrrh walk. Myrrh is physically capable of walking. Rafiel is physically incapable of flying.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Tormod and Zihark getting in would be very welcome. I'd prefer Tormod but I think IS suspect people would be more likely to pay for Zihark, and they would probably be right on that. 

I'd be so happy to just have Tormod in the game in some way, shape or form. I'll even take him being a shitty TT unit if it gets him in.

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good point. I suppose Nailah is just victim to being in the first wave of Laguz, where IS is still trying out different conditions to see what's fair and what's not yes, I know I just said the current Laguz are playing it safe despite Sturdy Impact being a thing. Either that or the alternate condition will be saved for Laguz who spend a lot of time around Beorc - as if they've adapted to being around them, now that I think about it. That'd be both cool and sweet~

Both of those make a lot of sense, yeah. Perhaps you're right that only certain laguz will have the conditions on their weapons, since it wouldn't make sense on Fates' beast characters for example.