New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

It's also possible that villain redemption has wide appeal.

That was mostly me being snarky. But to your actual point, on one hand, I feel like that's not always the case, like Travant, Lyon, and Ashnard who are probably three of the most popular villains don't get any real redemption, but on the other hand, villain redemption does tie into our cultural desire for good to win in the end. I intentionally left Arvis out because he does have at least a few moments of redemption. Granted, I have a sneaking suspicion I might be misunderstanding what you mean by redemption in which case, everything I said would be moot.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

That was mostly me being snarky. But to your actual point, on one hand, I feel like that's not always the case, like Travant, Lyon, and Ashnard who are probably three of the most popular villains don't get any real redemption, but on the other hand, villain redemption does tie into our cultural desire for good to win in the end. I intentionally left Arvis out because he does have at least a few moments of redemption. Granted, I have a sneaking suspicion I might be misunderstanding what you mean by redemption in which case, everything I said would be moot.

I just meant forgiveness and conversion to a good side, nothing too complicated. They may not have provided it for those characters, but I imagine that many players would have liked for that to happen.

6 minutes ago, Tree said:

I just meant forgiveness and conversion to a good side, nothing too complicated. They may not have provided it for those characters, but I imagine that many players would have liked for that to happen.

Oh, I think I got you. So you're saying the potential for redemption might endear those characters to some people?

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh, I think I got you. So you're saying the potential for redemption might endear those characters to some people?

Yeah, pretty much. "Unredeemable" characters don't seem to get much sympathy, but I don't think many characters actually fall in that category.

Lyon gets a death bed redemption though, if he can even be called a villain in the first place. Even  in Ephraim's route Fomortiis says he was manipulating Lyon the whole time, it was just more subtle than in Eirika's route.

200 orbs and I got both Tibarn and Nailah (plus some pests). Tibarn has relatively ok-ish IV, but Nailah is -Atk  (+SPD, but still...), I will try get better wolf before banner ends.

That was fast now I got -HP/+Res. Should be better, maybe?

Edited by Tenzen12

Holy heck Hel was underwhelming. Any Brave Bow+ archer worth his/her salt with axe breaker in B shot humiliates the fudge out of her. I sort of partly hope she gets Iote's shield in the seal slot in later chapters. Her weapon is really, really interesting

My first summon was 4 5*s, 2 of which were Tibarn and Nailah, (the other being L'arachel and Alm), with good and Great Iv's respectively. Got Leanne three rounds later on account of no Blue stones. So far i am very happy, spend about 100 orbs and my only other was a Pitybreak Tailtiu. Time to train them up and tackle the forging bonds!

Jesus the innuendo on Nailah's text prompt: "Have you seens the beorc Ike, I have taken an interest in his swordsmanship" 

Edited by Vicious Sal

24 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

My first summon was 4 5*s, 2 of which were Tibarn and Nailah, (the other being L'arachel and Alm), with good and Great Iv's respectively. Got Leanne three rounds later on account of no Blue stones. So far i am very happy, spend about 100 orbs and my only other was a Pitybreak Tailtiu. Time to train them up and tackle the forging bonds!

Jesus the innuendo on Nailah's text prompt: "Have you seens the beorc Ike, I have taken an interest in his swordsmanship" 

That's kind of Nailah's jam. Take a look at her conversation with Tibarn in Part 3 End Game. It's basically erotica.

46 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's kind of Nailah's jam. Take a look at her conversation with Tibarn in Part 3 End Game. It's basically erotica.

Yeah, I always Try to get those extra convo's when playing 3-E. Although I play it a bit differently than usual, I decided the Db needed more Exp, so I made 3-E a map where you fight as the DB vs all three armies. it's great fun!

I was looking through the quotes, saw a few funny bits here and there (Reyson seems a lot more willing for other people to have meat when it's not from Serenes), and noticed... Naesala doesn't bring up his backstabbing reasoning outside of very oblique references that could very well reference other parts of Naesala's character. Are the devs showing restraint or ignorance?

Money talks. Without it, people die. Still...try not to lose your head over it. There are more important things.

Promises are precious, but think carefully before you agree to one. It may come back to bite you.

6 hours ago, Tree said:

It's also possible that villain redemption has wide appeal.

Yes, but so far, mostly only in Japan. they are the ones who seems to be eager when there is signs of a villain gets redeemed.. As far as I've seen, people in western fandom always complained whenever a villain is about to get redeemed, calling it cliche .

29 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Yes, but so far, mostly only in Japan. they are the ones who seems to be eager when there is signs of a villain gets redeemed.. As far as I've seen, people in western fandom always complained whenever a villain is about to get redeemed, calling it cliche .

Never let the number of people whinging be a reflection of the actual popularity of something as a whole. It's almost always a vocal minority.

Saved up a ton of orbs for any Radiant Dawn unit. When Leanne was revealed I knew it was time to get my +10. I expected to need about 1500 orbs.

501 pulls.
2256 orbs.
4.5 orbs per pull.
26 5* heroes.
5.19% 5*

11 Leanne's
2 Nailah's
2 Reyson's
2 Loki's
1 Tibarn
1 Veronica
1 Mist
1 Brave Celica
1 Dream Camilla
1 Innes
1 Maribelle
1 Eldigan
1 Ninian

I am left with 38 orbs and a hope Vika won't show up too soon.

75 orbs in I got Nailah. She’s the one I wanted the most so taking a break from the banner for the moment. Need to save orbs for the new Special and Mythic banners. 

Oh, and Nailah is +Atk -HP. Hell yeah!

Got Nailah faster than I hoped for.
Speed+ Res-. But With her skillset she feels like a unit who needs all stats she can have. I try some things with her, but with 20 Res and 40 Hp she cannot survive more than 1 Mage in AR. She may counter Healers, but again maps are in a way a unit has to survive at least 2 different kind of units in one ep.
But I am happy that I got her and I take my time for merges. Depending on my further luck I may try to get another one. But waiting for a 3 hero banner with her seems to be a smarter idea. Meanwhile I think up of a way to use her. 

19 orbs and got Nailah. She's -Def/+Res, but can't complain.

Threw another 13 orbs along with the summoning tickets and got another copy of blue Olwen. She doesn't have anything worth inheriting, so I'll merge the worst nature one into the other. I didn't check her nature yet.

6 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

200 orbs and I got both Tibarn and Nailah (plus some pests). Tibarn has relatively ok-ish IV, but Nailah is -Atk  (+SPD, but still...), I will try get better wolf before banner ends.

That was fast now I got -HP/+Res. Should be better, maybe?

Do keep in mind that we'll get the merging change in February where a merge units loses their bane. So if you plan on merging your two Nailahs, the +Spd is probably better than the +Res one. 

I've only summoned twice this banner. got a three star odin and robin. I know I can buy orbs, but my luck is so bad that I will take any of these guys if they become four star summons after the event.

Edited by TheWildestCat

Seems I got unusually bad luck on this banner. 350 orbs and I only got Reyson when I was down to 7. Freaking gacha. They really need to block some of the older useless units on new banners.

11 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I'll be honest, Lucien Dodge wasn't my first choice for Naesala. I always pictured him being voiced by Liam O'Brien, though since he no longer voices Inigo, that probably would have been very unlikely.

is this because liam is well known for one of his d&d characters who is a guy with an association with ravens

FYI: Beasts can receive the transform bonus every turn; they don't need to revert. When I read the weapon effects, I thought the beast units would need to transform, revert and transform again to repeatedly get the bonuses (+2 Atk; +1 Mov/+10 Dmg). Turns out, that isn't the case. They can stay transformed AND receive the bonuses every turn as long as they do not meet the revert requirements. They are so easy to use. Just as I predicted, my 350 orbs only got me 1 Nailah. She's +Atk, so I don't really mind

My F-rank Luck continues to keep biting at me.

Only 148 summons last night because I focused my January budget on the seasonals.

Got Reyson in my second session, but then got pitybroken by Nephenee, Tana, Leo, Alm, and Karel before finally getting the remaining three banner characters.

Reyson is [+Def, -Spd]. Leanne is [+HP, -Res]. Tibarn is [+Atk, -HP], which is good, and Nailah is [+Atk, -Def], which is okay.

I'll just wait for some more free orbs to filter in before pulling anymore from this banner. I'm hoping for another copy of Nailah or two to use as my Arena bonus hero when it comes around, though I might use Athena instead due to her better color and easier merge access. Or maybe I could use Tibarn? Dunno.

*sees that Hel makes an appearance in the latest chapter*

*Sees her VA*

Kiran: Hel has escaped! Gather 5 lords with attitude!