New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

300 orbs in with about 200 left that's farmable. Pulled 2 Celica (both -Atk), Exalt Chrom (Only one I wanted from Sword Valor banner, so that's a save, but +Res -Hp), Deirdre (saves me from the new power banner, and she's +Atk), Tibarn (-Atk, +Spd STILL trying for a non -Atk one), Reyson (+Spd, -Res), Nailah (-Res, +Hp so meh), Dorcas, Y!Tiki for a merge, Genny, Lewyn for fodder,  and a Lene that I don't care about. My luck so far has been decent...but WAY off the banner's beaten path.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

300 orbs in with about 200 left that's farmable. Pulled 2 Celica (both -Atk), Exalt Chrom (Only one I wanted from Sword Valor banner, so that's a save, but +Res -Hp), Deirdre (saves me from the new power banner, and she's +Atk), Tibarn (-Atk, +Spd STILL trying for a non -Atk one), Reyson (+Spd, -Res), Nailah (-Res, +Hp so meh), Dorcas, Y!Tiki for a merge, Genny, Lewyn for fodder,  and a Lene that I don't care about. My luck so far has been decent...but WAY off the banner's beaten path.

you have the same Nailah as me. 
(jealous of your Genny/Lene/Dorcas, legit).
here's hoping that you get a +atk Tibarn

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you have the same Nailah as me. 
(jealous of your Genny/Lene/Dorcas, legit).
here's hoping that you get a +atk Tibarn

Just didn't really need Genny since I have Veronica and Winter Eirika. and I only hit colorless because there were no red orbs. i already had Reyson and Nailah at that point. Stupid RNG desire sensors...

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Just didn't really need Genny since I have Veronica and Winter Eirika. and I only hit colorless because there were no red orbs. i already had Reyson and Nailah at that point. Stupid RNG desire sensors...

it is strong, the Desire Sensor. 
I need an extra Genny (two actually) for the healers i'm building. 

7 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Saved up a ton of orbs for any Radiant Dawn unit. When Leanne was revealed I knew it was time to get my +10. I expected to need about 1500 orbs.

501 pulls.
2256 orbs.
4.5 orbs per pull.
26 5* heroes.
5.19% 5*

11 Leanne's
2 Nailah's
2 Reyson's
2 Loki's
1 Tibarn
1 Veronica
1 Mist
1 Brave Celica
1 Dream Camilla
1 Innes
1 Maribelle
1 Eldigan
1 Ninian

I am left with 38 orbs and a hope Vika won't show up too soon.

Happy you got your +10 Leanne and plenty other good 5*s. Damn, that was a hell of a lot of Orbs you saved up~

I actually got Tibarn in a small amount of pulls. As I'd said, I didn't want to spend many orbs on this one since it doesn't have Ranulf.

But it looks like localization messed up on a pronunciation again. :/ Tibarn says "bay-ork" for beorc here when I'm certain PoR and RD had it as "bee-ork" just as those games said "yoo-nay" rather than "yoon" for Yune. This is getting a bit irritating.

I realize it's probably a different localization team, but they couldn't look at the Tellius games for pronunciation consistency?

Edited by Anacybele

I had 626 Orbs this morning. I now have 4 and all the tickets from the Forging Bonds events have been used. 

It started well enough with Leanne on my first session, but after that, I got another Leanne and Karel pity-breaking my 6.5% rate before spooking me in the very next roll. Thankfully, I got Nailah twice right after, but I was afraid I wouldn't get Tibarn when I was down to 100 orbs. I got disheartened when Mia showed up on my third to last roll, but Tibarn came with the second red orb on that banner. Hoped for Reyson on the last 2 rolls, but a third Leanne came instead. 

So 600 orbs netted me

• 3 Leanne (2 +HP/-Def and 1 +Atk/-Res)
  • 2 Nailah (+Spd/-Res and +Res/-Spd)
  • 2 Wo Dao+ fodder Karel (both +Atk/-Res)
  • 1 Mia (+Spd/-Res)
  • 1 Tibarn (+Spd/-Res)

I really hoped that I would get Tibarn sooner in less orbs, since I wanted to save in case of Mythical Micaiah and I wouldn't have minded pulling for more Deirdre or Julia merges on the upcoming New Power banner, but that's gacha hell for you. Thankfully aside from the 2 Karels, which I really don't care for since I already have 1 and I never use him anyway, I'm happy with all the units I got and they all have really good natures. Now I have to decide whether I merge the Nailahs and Leannes or if I keep them for SI purpose. I usually prefer to merge units I like even if they're 5*, but both Null C-Disrupt and Hone Beasts could be worthy fodder. 

Got Nailah really fast, then came back a few hours later and got Tibarn still pretty fast.

Leanne would be nice, but pulling colorless is so painful. Maybe she'll show up on a better banner sometime later.

11 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Yes, but so far, mostly only in Japan. they are the ones who seems to be eager when there is signs of a villain gets redeemed.. As far as I've seen, people in western fandom always complained whenever a villain is about to get redeemed, calling it cliche .

I think it's cliché because it's such a common theme. (It's probably overused because it is so popular.)

Banner (350 orbs) - Not as many copies of focus units as I wanted (only 2), but a high 5* rate...

Bow Lyn
Mia
Cavalry Chrom

New units:
Tibarn
Leanne
Gray
Flora
Sanaki
4* Legault

Edited by Tree

Listed in painstaking detail my results in the dedicated pull thread. I think I can certainly say I was on the better side of Fortuna for my first banner. Not a single unwanted 5*, and I still have about 2/3rds of my Orb stock left. I haven't any idea of their natures or anything, but a beggar and spendthrift can't be a chooser, and hence should not worry their little head about something ultimately out of their control.

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

From about 200 orbs:

Nailah (+spd, -atk)

Siegbert (+spd, -hp)

Sigurd (neutral)

Shiro (less than ideal, but I've got a better one)

At about 300 orbs (total), I've also gotten:

Tibarn (+hp, -spd)

Leanne (+def, -atk)

Unfortunately, the garbage IV's lessens the value of these two a lot. But I guess it's still a win.

32 minutes ago, Etheus said:

At about 300 orbs (total), I've also gotten:

Tibarn (+hp, -spd)

Leanne (+def, -atk)

Unfortunately, the garbage IV's lessens the value of these two a lot. But I guess it's still a win.

Tibarn doesn’t really need speed anyway and Leanne is mainly a support unit. 

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I actually got Tibarn in a small amount of pulls. As I'd said, I didn't want to spend many orbs on this one since it doesn't have Ranulf.

But it looks like localization messed up on a pronunciation again. :/ Tibarn says "bay-ork" for beorc here when I'm certain PoR and RD had it as "bee-ork" just as those games said "yoo-nay" rather than "yoon" for Yune. This is getting a bit irritating.

I realize it's probably a different localization team, but they couldn't look at the Tellius games for pronunciation consistency?

They also changed Tibarn's pronounciation. I also feel like Phoenicis is a change, but multiple people, including myself, searched Radiant Dawn for a voice-acted instance of the word and came back empty-handed. (If you want to try, go ahead.)

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

They also changed Tibarn's pronounciation. I also feel like Phoenicis is a change, but multiple people, including myself, searched Radiant Dawn for a voice-acted instance of the word and came back empty-handed. (If you want to try, go ahead.)

I don't think Phoenicis ever had an official pronunciation until now, yeah. But Tibarn? I don't remember ever hearing his name voiced in PoR or RD. But I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

The narrator probably said Tibarn's name at one point, he was one of the three army leaders in Part 4.

And 3-P. And I think at least one more Part 3 map- "the Gallians were reinforced by Ike and Tibarn" or something.

Honestly, I was expecting one of those instances to call him "the King of Phoenicis, Tibarn" or "the forces of Phoenicis". Or even mentioning the Phoenicis mass murder in the appropriate narration.

20 hours ago, Tree said:

Yeah, pretty much. "Unredeemable" characters don't seem to get much sympathy, but I don't think many characters actually fall in that category.

Ah, I gotcha.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lyon gets a death bed redemption though, if he can even be called a villain in the first place. Even  in Ephraim's route Fomortiis says he was manipulating Lyon the whole time, it was just more subtle than in Eirika's route.

Eh, I don't know that I'd call that a redemption. Lyon gets some freeing from culpability, but no real redemption. Then again, it's been forever so I could be forgetting. To me, Arvis's efforts to undermine Manfroy are more along the lines of redemption.

18 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

200 orbs and I got both Tibarn and Nailah (plus some pests). Tibarn has relatively ok-ish IV, but Nailah is -Atk  (+SPD, but still...), I will try get better wolf before banner ends.

That was fast now I got -HP/+Res. Should be better, maybe?

11 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Do keep in mind that we'll get the merging change in February where a merge units loses their bane. So if you plan on merging your two Nailahs, the +Spd is probably better than the +Res one. 

I'm actually not super sure. Both are pretty good when considering the removed bane. One thing to think about is that Nailah has a superboon in res so she'd have 41/31/38/32/27, which is a pretty decent mixed-phase, mixed-bulk statline. 38 is plenty good for avoiding doubles on EP and decent enough on PP to double with some ally buffs. Your +spd one would be 41/31/41/32/23, which still means she probably won't be dying in one hit from most mages, and the speed boost makes doubling naturally easier. To me at least, it feels like the choice between a mixed phase unit that leans a bit more PP or a mixed phase unit that leans a bit more EP. I'd say play around with those in-game, possibly using seals to compensate for the banes, and in a simulator and see which one fits your playstyle better.

13 hours ago, Stroud said:

Got Nailah faster than I hoped for.
Speed+ Res-. But With her skillset she feels like a unit who needs all stats she can have. I try some things with her, but with 20 Res and 40 Hp she cannot survive more than 1 Mage in AR. She may counter Healers, but again maps are in a way a unit has to survive at least 2 different kind of units in one ep.
But I am happy that I got her and I take my time for merges. Depending on my further luck I may try to get another one. But waiting for a 3 hero banner with her seems to be a smarter idea. Meanwhile I think up of a way to use her. 

Maybe try noontime and possibly the QR seal? With the +10 from her weapon, the special will still do a solid bit of damage on top of recovering some health, and QR will let her finish the enemy off since she's probably not killing blues and even somewhat bulky greens in one hit without an actual damaging special. That build has worked pretty well for me on my Michalis, and I just got done doing the SI for it, just need to get the SP together.

Anyway, got Nailah in ~100 orbs and using all the tickets. Pretty decent IVs too, +atk/-spd. The speed is still decent enough that she doesn't get doubled by everything, and the extra damage is nice. I'd like another one to remove that bane, so I'm still pulling blue on occasion, but Tibarn is definitely my priority. Also, I like how IS released a quite hard counter to Surtr.