New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

I feel pretty lucky on my roles - I already have three 5* since I had 20k ready to go for Naesala. I just really want Tibarn and he's avoiding me. Leanne would be nice to, but having Reyson makes me feel okay on Herons for now. How is everyone else doing on their pulls?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

How is everyone else doing on their pulls?

Abysmal. I had 360 orbs going in and you'd think Tibarn would be pretty easy considering Red is the most appearing color.

But now that I'm down to 100 orbs I still don't have Tibarn nor even any other Laguz. What I did get was crap. An army of Roys, Draugs, Eirika's and Raigs, frequently 3 stars rather than 4 and I've been pity broken twice by units I either already have or don't care about.

I'd like to just let go of Tibarn, get any other Laguz and take my loss but the others haven't been showing up either when I'm forced to pick blue or green. So its likely I spend the most orbs ever for the least gain ever.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

On 1/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, Etheus said:

At about 300 orbs (total), I've also gotten:

Tibarn (+hp, -spd)

Leanne (+def, -atk)

Unfortunately, the garbage IV's lessens the value of these two a lot. But I guess it's still a win.

It only took another 18 orbs to complete the set with Reyson. +atk, -spd, but that's fixable if he ever drops or I get a merge with any IVs.

So, I got the complete banner and a few other 5 stars.

Edited by Etheus

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

It only took another 18 orbs to complete the set with Reyson. +atk, -spd, but that's fixable if he ever drops or I get a merge with any IVs.

So, I got the complete banner and a few other 5 stars.

Tibarn being -spd isn't that bad because he gets guaranteed follow up on player phase against enemies with 100% HP and can negate follow ups against himself with his A skill. 

Naesala's proving to be a really fun unit, even not fully built yet~ I've so far mostly just been using him in FB, getting used to him but I'm planning to try him out on a Flier Emblem for the next Arena and see how he works out in a team. I'm not sure what the best Special for him is, though~ I'm using Sol ATM just since he isn't the bulkiest thing out there and it works well with Desperation to keep him alive, but I am thinking about Iceberg too since his Res is fairly usable with a couple merges~

I'm super glad he ended up being the free one~

I have been stupid lucky with a diet of blues in about 100 orbs for Nailah +3.... which is absurd. The boon that I settled for is +Atk -Def (for now), and I have enjoyed using her immensely thus far.... I wish I could summon more as this banner seems to be my lucky star, but I am officially tapped out of any and all orbs that I could earn in game.

I would, however, like to echo some earlier sentiments and just say that giving her noontime is a GREAT idea.

2 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I have been stupid lucky with a diet of blues in about 100 orbs for Nailah +3.... which is absurd. The boon that I settled for is +Atk -Def (for now), and I have enjoyed using her immensely thus far.... I wish I could summon more as this banner seems to be my lucky star, but I am officially tapped out of any and all orbs that I could earn in game.

I would, however, like to echo some earlier sentiments and just say that giving her noontime is a GREAT idea.

It really does make life so much easier. Between that and that I'm running her with Eir, it helps her survivability so much. Greens are still a bit of a threat as are bold fighter blues, but she can hold her own pretty well. Now just wish I could get a merge to get rid of that pesky -spd.

Still no Tibarn, alas, but got my first Silas which is cool.

Both my Nailah and Tibetan are +res, which seems like the worst that's for them, Tibarn especially. Nailah's also -spd which seems like it'll hurt her particularly bad. I really want to use these characters but with boon and banes like that, I think they'd be better suited for skill fodder.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Both my Nailah and Tibetan are +res, which seems like the worst that's for them, Tibarn especially. Nailah's also -spd which seems like it'll hurt her particularly bad. I really want to use these characters but with boon and banes like that, I think they'd be better suited for skill fodder.

Per earlier discussions, +res isn't bad on Nailah and from my own experience, -spd is definitely workable. Her weapon can mitigate the speed fairly well, letting her hit up to 40 speed without ally buffs, which while not great for doubling is solid for avoiding doubles, and +res lets her take that much more punishment from mages and staffies. Give her the QR or DD seal depending on situation and she should be fairly solid still. Nailah seems like a unit that would really appreciate the upcoming merge changes since it lets her maintain all of her stats and have a boon.

Tibarn is certainly much less desirable, but from seeing him in gameplay (don't have him myself) he seems like he'll still be good enough to justify using. Even -atk, he has 54 + 6 attack and guaranteed follow-ups against full HP enemies.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I have a +atk -res Nailah. I'd kill for +res Nailah. A bane in speed is fine because she's already really fast and her weapon allows her to gain 6 speed. Nailah's stat spread is awkward with the role she's supposed to play given her default skills. Given her default skills, you'd expect she'd have great res but that's easily her weakest stat. 

I've yet to pull any of them. Love being a free to play. I even got two of the forging bonds tickets and yet no beast unit. the only one I have I naesala but come on heroes, I don't want to wait for some random summoning session where I just use the free summon when the banner comes out and I randomly get a unit I wanted three months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, at long last, after exhausting every single orb from chapters added to the game post launch and then some of the chain battles, I have a complete set of the Laguz.

And Jesus Christ are they busted. Not just three-move fliers, but three-move singing fliers with aoe healing and massive stat buffs? All I have to do is make sure Nailah gets hone and fortify beasts on turn 1, have her bait one enemy while positioning Tibarn close to the action and next to Reyson and Leanne and then boom, the last three enemies die on turn two! And I can just keep doing this over and over even in chain battles because the herons heal 14 HP a turn between them! This is nuts!

Edited by Alastor15243

I have to vent. Just fuck this banner. Got up to 3.5, got Nailah, which admittedly was pretty lucky, then got to 5, got Ninian (ugh), and now back to I think 3.75. I'm not actually sure if this or Hrid's banner was more painful.

This banner was bit of a mixed bag for me. In I-don't-know-how-many orbs (lost count around 650) I got 8 5* units 3 of them focus, Reyson and two Nailahs. Sadly no Tibarn to go with Reyson. Red orbs gave me Leo, Sanaki, Katarina and Silvia instead, also got Helbindi and a second Libra.

Got Tibarn, 2 Nailahs and a Leanne. Spent way more Orbs than I should have trying to get a second Tibarn with a better nature. Almost wish I spent nothing on this banner now,  the Laguz are great but I've been wanting Duma and Legendary Tiki for a while now.

Final Tally:

Nailah +2 merged, current +10 project. +Atk

Tibarn x 2, +Hp, -Spd and +Spd, - Atk or something. One will be foddered for Studry Impact, but I don;t know who yet.

Leanne +Atk, - Def iirc.

Some pitybreakers.

Now just to get Reyson at 4 star and I'll be content. Scratch that, I AM content, Reyson will just be an added smile later down the line.