New Heroes: Rulers Of The Laguz

ILikeKirbys

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Tibarn has 38 attack. He also has +3 from his weapon and +6 from the attack wave, since his attack stat is blue.

Whoops, good eye. And are you positive the blue isn't from his transformation bonus?

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What. You mean to tell me you've never seen a beast man before? Well I have. They're a hairy bunch I'll tell you. And ugly as sin, too. Their faces are all fangs and whiskers. Their claws are like daggers, razor sharp and deadly. And even though they can speak our language, they're beasts through and through. Savages, every one.

I hope you all are happy at the blight you've brought on this game.

"That Archer you benched"  Shinon, is that you?

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Nice new units but I have a feeling IS is starting to make too many level 4 skills.

Any is too many.

1 minute ago, DarthR0xas said:

Whoops, good eye. And are you positive the blue isn't from his transformation bonus?

It sounds like a combat boost. Would be strange for him to have two Atk field boosts for himself, since they wouldn't stack.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one other thing that makes me disappointed here. The way IS has been treating Tellius, we won't see anymore of it for another year. And I really don't want to wait another year for Ranulf or Kieran or whoever else...

2 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

And are you positive the blue isn't from his transformation bonus?

Actually, no. Now that I look at it again, the transformation bonus says "grants" as well. Multiple Hone buffs don't stack, so he would either have 40 or 44 attack depending on which buff is active.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one other thing that makes me disappointed here. The way IS has been treating Tellius, we won't see anymore of it for another year. And I really don't want to wait another year for Ranulf or Kieran or whoever else...

RIP Jill and Nolan, guess we need to give Azura a few more alts first.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't mind tier 4 skills. I just would prefer not to see much powercreep in stats.

To be honest, what is scaring me is that they might introduce tier 4  of literally any skills that aren't unit exclusive. We have like 6 now?

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seeing as how beast units are likely gonna be a big thing for this book, I can see us getting multiple Tellius banners throughout the year. Which I have no problem with, it gives me more chances for Jill :)

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Seeing as how beast units are likely gonna be a big thing for this book, I can see us getting multiple Tellius banners throughout the year. Which I have no problem with, it gives me more chances for Jill :)

Maybe, but I just can't be optimistic...

Assuming it's inheritable, Sturdy Impact looks like something Flora would be able to use very well. Against Distant Counter units, she'd be able to gain Atk+6 and Def+30 from Hoarfrost Knife and Sturdy Impact giving a neutral Flora 54 Atk and 48 Def and deny them from being able to do a follow-up attack which probably won't matter since she'd be able to follow-up against them if they're not using Null Follow-up and possible nuke them with Iceberg or Bonfire considering how much defense she can have with Hoarfrost Knife and Sturdy Impact. Against ranged units, she'd gain Atk+6 and Def+10 and deny follow-ups from them. Neutral Flora would have 28 Def against archers and dagger units which isn't that great, but they cannot follow-up against her because of Sturdy Impact. The drawback to using Sturdy Impact is that it's purely player phase whereas her default Atk/Res Solo or whatever else you want to give her can make her mixed phase.

Also, Sturdy Impact makes me feel like CYL Celica got shafted even more. Death Blow 4 grants Atk+8 which is great and works with her Double Lion skill, but when she's out of Double Lion's HP range, she's mainly running on her good stat spread. The introduction of Mystic Boost let Alm circumvent his unique refined Falchion's recoil damage so long as he doesn't take damage during combat and he isn't running Fury. He's forced to run Falchion, so he can't Brave armors or cavalry to death like Celica can with an inherited Armorsmasher or Zanbato because Double Lion is a skill and not a weapon, but Alm doesn't really need someone to keep healing him to allow him to Brave with his unique refined Falchion and effective damage against dragons is still a useful thing to have. Death Blow 4 is more useful than Sturdy Impact for some characters like Lilina, both Reinhardts, LA Roy, and Alm too since they shouldn't be getting hit in the first place, but had Celica introduced Sturdy Impact, I think it would have been more helpful for her. She would trade 2 Atk for 10 Def and denying follow-ups. Celica doesn't have extremely high defense or health, but it would give her better sustained combat capabilities. After she destroys someone with Double Lion where she may or may not take damage in between which Sturdy Impact would help out with the Def+10, Sturdy Impact would let her take less further damage and also prevent follow-ups from units running Vengeful Fighter and Quick Riposte or units like regular and CYL Hector and regular Roy with refined Binding Blade on later player phases. As noted before, it would only work for player phase and Celica is an infantry melee, but she probably would have been better regarded had she introduced Sturdy Impact instead of Death Blow 4.

Edited by Kaden

Welp, that's power creep if I've ever seen it (although it's not surprising given that two of them are Laguz Royals).

Kind of lame that two of them were Herons when they could of had Gallia in place of one them so 3/4 of the banner isn't weak to arrows, and Naesala would be more fitting as a GHB unit.  Still a little disappointed that we're still not getting any of the other members of Dawn Brigade and would probably have to wait another full year for a Radiant Dawn banner...

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

ehh well considering the positive reception of this banner and the backlash of the past couple of months. I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing more non-fates banners in the coming months. Give it a couple months we'll see tellius again. 

Edit: though that does beg the question as to when the fates beasts are gonna show up. *shrug* who knows what IS is thinking right now.

Edited by Otts486

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

ehh well considering the positive reception of this banner and the backlash of the past couple of months. I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing more non-fates banners in the coming months. Give it a couple months we'll see tellius again.

I can only hope, but I can't get my hopes up too high. I keep getting disappointed, so it's just not possible for me to hope a lot anymore.

2 minutes ago, Nora said:

Welp, that's power creep if I've ever seen it (although it's not surprising given that two of them are Laguz Royals).

Kind of lame that two of them were Herons when they could of had Gallia in place of one them so 3/4 of the banner isn't weak to arrows, and Naesala would be more fitting as a GHB unit.  Still a little disappointed that we're still not getting any of the other members of Dawn Brigade and would probably have to wait another full year for a Radiant Dawn banner...

We're getting Naesala as a GHB

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Hel is flying axe unit I'm excited for that!

Also, mmm, I womder how they will treat dragon laguz? Its either they count as beasts or as dragons,can't be both. 

Dragon Laguz will probably just be regular dragons, since we already have a dragon unit type in-game.

1 minute ago, Otts486 said:

Actually, in a couple of months we're getting the first Binding Blade banner. We'll probably see more Tellius after that though. Or maybe in February, I dunno.

3 minutes ago, Nora said:

(although it's not surprising given that two of them are Laguz Royals).

They're all royals. Reyson and Leanne are a heron prince and princess. Tibarn is a king, Nailah is a queen.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Blue is the only color without a bird, so I'm guessing that's where Naesala will be.

Looks like they fight in melee, I don't think they can counter ranged unless you give them DC.

It certainly looks like a magical attack, but I can't tell. The description doesn't mention dealing magic damage.

Ninian wasn't specifically bound to pacifism. It makes sense that she can fight if you give her a dragonstone, or give her a tome and teach her how to use it. Herons are another story.

This seems so weird to me. None of the Laguz were magic-based, so to me it makes sense that the Herons were magic. They do have some rather mystifying abilities, so it would have made sense for them to be magic units.

Then again, they still have talons. Every rose has its thorns.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If enough people pull on this banner and spend money on it, perhaps IS would plan more Tellius banners in the future. Sure this is a bird-centric one, but thematically they all go together bar Nailah. As for Ranulf, they're probably saving him for a banner with Skrimir, Lethe, Lyre, Mordecai, Kyza, etc.

@Anacybele

Spoiler

You have a right to be upset whenever a certain character isn't in the game, and Yes you do come off as negative about new unit banners a lot, but that's alright. We all have our opinions, you just don't judge a banner based on a units playstyle or new skills, moreso the character. That's respectable and perfectly fine. Maybe you could be a little more positive about a banner sometimes, but we can't help what we don't like.

We cool? I'll assume you said "sure whatever" at minimum and move on.

Anyways, my opinions...

First, I'm glad that the extra space given to transformed Beast units is not stackable. Now that Legendary Azura is a thing, that very easily could have been exploited for unparalleled reach.

Tibarn looks neat. Hawk King Claw having an automatic follow-up at enemy full HP feels a lot more usable than Brash Assault + Desperation, since it doesn't require set-up. Sturdy Impact is very concerning, however. It's not Tier 4. Tier 4 at least was a slight boost to the Tier 3 skill (Death Blow 4 is only 2 more attack, Joint Hone Spd is 5 Spd to both units, Hone Atk 4 is +7 to ally units, etc). Sturdy Impact is Death Blow 3 but with Armored Blow 5 AND Null Follow-up in the same skill. That's even more than Steady Stance 4 being 2 more Defense and Guard in the same skill.

Leanne is... there. Listen, I don't know anything about the Laguz. Taguel, Kitsune, and Wolfsegner are more my thing. To me, she just looks like yet another flying dancer. With 3 movement, sure, but all the freaking Flying Dancers are overpowered compared to Infantry dancers.

Reyson... more of the same TBH. I just don't know anything about the Laguz in general, so this guy just looks like a Flying Cav Dancer.

Nailah looks interesting to, but they all look interesting. Null C-Disrupt surprised me though. I thought that such a skill would have been an A passive, not a B passive. "Unit can Counterattack regardless of enemy skills" or something, not what Null C-Disrupt is. Maybe a Legendary Hero will have a Distant Counter clone similar to Ostian Counter that combines DC and Null C-Disrupt...

Man, I should not be allowed to have opinions on units who I know nothing about... which is good, because it's clear that I don't.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

If enough people pull on this banner and spend money on it, perhaps IS would plan more Tellius banners in the future. Sure this is a bird-centric one, but thematically they all go together bar Nailah. As for Ranulf, they're probably saving him for a banner with Skrimir, Lethe, Lyre, Mordecai, Kyza, etc.

Like I said, I hope so. But I just can't be optimistic.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The term in the context being used means "those with Formshift in RD". 

Okay then. They didn't clarify that though.