Forging Bonds: Hearts as One

Diovani Bressan

26 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I hope Nailah tells us all about her relationship with her husband Rafiel instead of flirting with us.  Leanne is with Naesala, so she's already taken as well. 

I certainly wouldn't mind bit flirting with Nailah. But I do hope everyone else will have better writing. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want Leanne to sidebar with Reyson and Tibarn in the ancient language the whole time, with Reyson providing the Spark Notes now and then.

I would love that XD  And it would be true to character, considering her common is limited in both games.

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I agree with this. It's weird that at some point, the developers decided that "you", the summoner, were male (well, that or every girl who crushes on the summoner is bi for you), but I guess that just makes it clear what crowd they're targeting.

People flirting with me is weird. Fictional characters flirting with me is even weirder. It's rather insulting that the developers think that we're all desperate for 2-D pixel loving XD;

Completely agree.  I wish they'd done something for the females who play this game.  Since we do exist. 

I don't need fictional characters to flirt with me.  I'm playing this game so I can enjoy using Ike/Zelgius/Micaiah in a variety of content.  I'm not here to get any of their "pixel loving".

6 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Completely agree.  I wish they'd done something for the females who play this game.  Since we do exist. 

I don't need fictional characters to flirt with me.  I'm playing this game so I can enjoy using Ike/Zelgius/Micaiah in a variety of content.  I'm not here to get any of their "pixel loving".

You know, Valentine's Eliwood has a quote where he is giving the summoner advice on what to get a lady you care deeply about, and I remember being pretty surprised by that because I don't think we've really had any other quote before that suggested the summoner was one gender over another. At the end of book 2, Fjorm clearly has a crush on the summoner and summer Camilla (whom I just pulled off the legendary banner) implies that the summoner is blushing around them. So clearly, we're male. Or at least attracted to women whatever gender we are. It's pretty annoying, especially since it sometimes feels like the developers don't even give female players a chance. They give all the good skills and classes and stats to female characters, make male characters easy demotes, and then use the better sales of female characters to justify that people won't pull for guys, it seems.

I play this game because I want my favorite characters from the various games I've played and have not yet played to interact. The summoner is easily the worst thing in the game for me, personally. We could've had an actually interesting Nifl Forging Bonds rather than "Local Ice Siblings Wank Over Gary Stu".

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

You know, Valentine's Eliwood has a quote where he is giving the summoner advice on what to get a lady you care deeply about, and I remember being pretty surprised by that because I don't think we've really had any other quote before that suggested the summoner was one gender over another. At the end of book 2, Fjorm clearly has a crush on the summoner and summer Camilla (whom I just pulled off the legendary banner) implies that the summoner is blushing around them. So clearly, we're male. Or at least attracted to women whatever gender we are. It's pretty annoying, especially since it sometimes feels like the developers don't even give female players a chance. They give all the good skills and classes and stats to female characters, make male characters easy demotes, and then use the better sales of female characters to justify that people won't pull for guys, it seems.

I play this game because I want my favorite characters from the various games I've played and have not yet played to interact. The summoner is easily the worst thing in the game for me, personally. We could've had an actually interesting Nifl Forging Bonds rather than "Local Ice Siblings Wank Over Gary Stu".

Hm...  I wonder if IS originally planned to have the summoner be neutral, but eventually decided to switch to a clearly male summoner.  Or at least, it may not have been blatantly obvious until the past year.  It would be nice if they tried to be a little more balanced at least, or maybe acknowledged the existence of female players?  Or didn't constantly shaft males?

I guess I should send feedback saying "Hey, I'm a woman who plays your game.  Can you stop pretending I don't exist?" (Note: I'd probably be more polite than that XD)

30 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Hm...  I wonder if IS originally planned to have the summoner be neutral, but eventually decided to switch to a clearly male summoner.  Or at least, it may not have been blatantly obvious until the past year.  It would be nice if they tried to be a little more balanced at least, or maybe acknowledged the existence of female players?  Or didn't constantly shaft males?

I guess I should send feedback saying "Hey, I'm a woman who plays your game.  Can you stop pretending I don't exist?" (Note: I'd probably be more polite than that XD)

The Book 1 and Book 2 intro movies show the bottom half of Kiran's face, and it's pretty distinctly masculine, given the art style.

What I Want:

• Tibarn talking about his rivalry with Naesala, the importance of being a hawk king, and his relationship with Reyson.
  • Reyson talking about rebuilding his homeland, his relationship with Tibarn, and what it means to be strong.
  • Leanne also talking about her homeland and her relationship with Naesala (should contrast with what Tibarn says about him)
  • Nailah talking about the lands beyond the desert, Rafiel, and possibly connect Fates to Tellius (Keaton reference? His tribe referenced?)
  • All of them actually interacting with each other, with Leanne speaking the Ancient Language and having the other translate for her. Would be really cool if they were all hesitant in their C support (except Nailah) about talking to a beorc.

What I Expect:

• Tibarn being a musclehead about paying off his debts and protecting his people
  • Reyson talking about what it means to be strong only.
  • Leanne "I..... like.... you."
  • Nailah flirting despite Rafiel being her loved one.
Edited by Dandy Druid

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Book 1 and Book 2 intro movies show the bottom half of Kiran's face, and it's pretty distinctly masculine, given the art style.

Ah, didn't realize that.  That theory is out then.

2 hours ago, riccochet said:

How do we know the rewards already? And do you guys know in which score?

Rewards

You can earn 2 Orbs once per day for up to seven days during the event.

In addition, there are other rewards to earn, like accessories, First Summon Tickets, Heroic Grails, Hero Feathers, or Divine Dew, depending on the amount of friendship gained for each event character.

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I really hope the schedule would be out before the event itself started....

The New Heroes Banner and the Forging Bonds  are the final events in the current schedule. I am sure the January~February Schedule will be release tomorrow or at least soon.

We are getting the 2 Years Anniversary in the end of this month/beginning of February, so I expect a lot of orbs and maybe another "A Hero Rises" Event.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Leanne also talking about her homeland and her relationship with Naesala (should contrast with what Tibarn says about him)

This would be both hilarious and adorable.

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Would be really cool if they were all hesitant in their C support (except Nailah) about talking to a beorc.

This would be a great way to illustrate how different Nailah and Hatari are, though I think Leanne would be open to talking too.

Anyway, these are my two biggest hopes and you got my hopes up. Curse you!

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The New Heroes Banner and the Forging Bonds  are the final events in the current schedule. I am sure the January~February Schedule will be release tomorrow or at least soon.

We are getting the 2 Years Anniversary in the end of this month/beginning of February, so I expect a lot of orbs and maybe another "A Hero Rises" Event.

I mean the multiplier schedule of the fb itself, 

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This would be both hilarious and adorable.

This would be a great way to illustrate how different Nailah and Hatari are, though I think Leanne would be open to talking too.

Anyway, these are my two biggest hopes and you got my hopes up. Curse you!

True. I forgot that Leanne didn't have any prejudice, mainly because she wasn't really exposed to it or taught it.

I also think Reyson could mention Naesala, but in a more bitter way.

Have to say the dialogue is pretty neat so far. The presence of the summoner is almost unnoticable amd the focus is very much on the Laguz and Askr royals. The interaction between Reyson, Tibarn and Sharena has so far been my favourite.

I especially love that they kept Reyson changing the way he speaks around Tibarn (at least in Japanese that is). In Japanese his speech is usually a bit more "rough", if not nearly to Tibarn's level (ot mostly boils down to using "だ" at the end of his sentences instead of "です". It's always seems like he is trying to make himself sound a bit tougher. He only changes his manner of speech to the standard polite Japanese around Tibarn and Rafiel. Rafiel is his older brother and much more mild-mannered, so it makes sense he'd want to sound more polite and gentle around him. With Tibarn it just feels like he is both expressing his respect and trust for him. It's a neat little detail I'm glad was brought over for Heroes.

Edited by Nanima

I don't really care about the Askrs but this is better than them just sucking off the player like the Nifil convos or Aversa/Loki.  I think my favorite style was the ones where they just monologue to the player about themselves like in the Awakening and Fates ones, but that wouldn't work with Leanne, she needs others speaking around her.

So 10 Grails replaced the 1 Orb as final price on the Forging Bonds. I have mixed feelings about this.

But I'll go for the tickets before doing any further summoning on the beasts banner - catching a beast would be useful, but all I need to drop it is a single pitybreaker.