Forging Bonds: Hearts as One

Diovani Bressan

9 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

So 10 Grails replaced the 1 Orb as final price on the Forging Bonds. I have mixed feelings about this.

This^. I was happy with the grails but as an added reward, not as an reward replacing another reward -_- Adding the grails would improve the rewards, now they're just worse imo without the orbs included.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutely loving these convoes. It's so refreshing, and really putting the characters on display! :D Bot the Tellius people and the Askr ones! Plus, we get some good insights into what usually happens with heroes after they're first summoned, and in their downtime. So cool!

40 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>Leanne talked to Narcian

I legit laughed

I laughed about it too.

28 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

I like the Grails reward over orb, I can just buy more orbs but Grails are limited.

It makes me want to reach the max bondm because 1 orbs as reward for having all these battle is not that good. 10 Grails? A little better.

So far this forging bonds seems promising. 

I really like the somewhat bigger focus on Sharena. The first scene carries the implication she personally gives new heroes a tour trough the castle and that's actually very much like her. I haven't gotten much conversation yet but I hear the summoner plays a small role which is welcome. So far its always been a weakness of this mode that its less about the characters and more about them saying how great the summoner is. 

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

>Leanne talked to Narcian

I legit laughed

I thought it was him that she talked to, but I wasn't entirely sure. Who do you guys think the second person was? And I keep worrying (for her sake) she'll talk to Legion or someone with a really strong accent. It's funny, but I also want to spare the poor girl these detours on the way toward her goal of being clearly understood.

I'm so happy. The writing here is so spot on! X3

1 hour ago, Mau said:

This^. I was happy with the grails but as an added reward, not as an reward replacing another reward -_- Adding the grails would improve the rewards, now they're just worse imo without the orbs included.

You could see the tickets as 5 free orbs I guess? If youre planning on rolling on this banner that's better then a single orb. If viewed this way the new rewards are better.

Also Im just always hungry for more grails.

19 minutes ago, Falter said:

You could see the tickets as 5 free orbs I guess? If youre planning on rolling on this banner that's better then a single orb. If viewed this way the new rewards are better.

Also Im just always hungry for more grails.

Hmm that's a good point actually, I had forgotten about the tickets and those are 5 orbs each and gotten earlier than that one orb too. Ok I'll take it, that is a better reward and those grails indeed motivate me to finish this mode more than those single orbs did. You kinda did good IS, though I still think the rewards of FB could be better as a whole or just make the max amount of points gotten lower.

I'm really happy with the change to dialogue with the Askr trio, it's way better than past Forging Bonds.

The summon tickets being at 400 is annoying, though. I don't want to do much pulling until I grind to 400 with all of them, just the free pulls and any other blue orbs.

This Forging bonds is so much better than the last ones.

The greatest fault of the mode was a lack of actual character interaction or character relationships.  It was a monologue about how the summoner was great and that was it.

Here, the summoner is mentioned all of twice or so.  The focus is instead on dynamics between the Laguz and the Askr trio, with amusing references to other characters on top (like Leanne imitating Narcian).  In particular, I thought Tibarn's conversations were quite standout and reaffirmed Alfonse's spot as best Heroes OC for me.  

I already sent IS feedback on how great this particular forging bonds is, especially since a few months ago I sent feedback asking for it to be more like this.  Here's hoping the writing improves further in the future.

Interesting that they felt to include the Askrs here~ Tibarn and Alphonse's conversations are easily my favorite~

I'm bitter about the Accessories, namely Nailah's~ How does the best looking Accessory of the bunch look the worst on like every Hero? Just barely got it to look somewhat alright on NY Laevatein >___>

Edited by Landmaster

28 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Oh, so Gwendolyn having anorexic art has not gone unnoticed. Funny that Reyson wants to become buff. 

Gwendy was my first thought, but I think it might be about Effie instead, with the food talk.

I'm so happy with the Forging Bonds so far.  It's been great to have the characters interacting with each other instead of worshiping me.  And so far, they've been reasonably true to the characters I remember from the games.  For the first time, I'm going to send IS pleased feedback!

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Interesting that they felt to include the Askrs here~ Tibarn and Alphonse's conversations are easily my favorite~

I'm bitter about the Accessories, namely Nailah's~ How does the best looking Accessory of the bunch look the worst on like every Hero? Just barely got it to look somewhat alright on NY Laevatein >___>

The NY units it's where it's at with that accessory apparently, it looks pretty damn good on NY!Gunnthra imo:

5c38f454a0e0b_Screenshot_2019-01-11-20-55-1501.png.98178408583c9bbe2b744d32b9688bcf.png

Makes her look like a japanese warlady or something, I love it.

Meanwhile it's the feather that's bothering me, it just looks like it's pasted on everyone's hair. Sonya is the only one I could find it looks kinda good on.

Edited by Mau

8 minutes ago, Mau said:

The NY units it's where it's at with that accessory apparently, it looks pretty damn good on NY!Gunnthra imo:

5c38f454a0e0b_Screenshot_2019-01-11-20-55-1501.png.98178408583c9bbe2b744d32b9688bcf.png

Makes her look like a japanese warlady or something, I love it.

Meanwhile it's the feather that's bothering me, it just looks like it's pasted on everyone's hair. Sonya is the only one I could find it looks kinda good at.

Yeah, once you find someone it looks good on, it looks great (thank goodness for Laevatein's headpiece)~

Spoiler

7pfNF5E.png

Just wish it didn't look like it's cutting into the head/hair randomly on most other units >_>

I also wished the feather was a little higher or something, I thought the same that it just looks like it's stuck on~

I'm enjoying the writing of this one compared to the ones pandering to the summoner. I now kind of want a Warriors banner now paired with a forging bonds event. I'd love to see Lianna, Rowan, Sharena, and Alfonse interact with eachother. I suppose Warriors Anna could fill a spot as well. Darios I suppose would fill the last spot. Though I feel he'd be best as a free unit in his possessed form, there really aren't any other good picks for this spot (R&L's mother, Velezark, Darios's father).

Edited by Arcphoenix

I'll echo what I've heard elsewhere and say that this is my favorite forging bands so far.  I haven't gotten all the covoes yet, but I haven't gotten one yet telling me about how awesome I am, but rather character building for Alfonse and Tiburn about being a king, the Herons learning to trust and get to know people, and Nailah just being cool.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, these conversations are more interesting than the previous ones since we kinda just got summoner pandering over and over. Nice change of pace!

Yeah, instead of summoner worship, they are using it with the Heroes characters, allowing them to interact with the other Fire Emblem characters and gaining development from that. Tibarn and Alfonse talking about what it means to be king, and how Tibarn points out that Alfonse's desire to care for more than just his own people reflects on how Alfonse is used to seeing people from other worlds. 

It took them several Forging Bonds, but now they FINALLY figured out how the Forging Bonds SHOULD be done. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, instead of summoner worship, they are using it with the Heroes characters, allowing them to interact with the other Fire Emblem characters and gaining development from that. Tibarn and Alfonse talking about what it means to be king, and how Tibarn points out that Alfonse's desire to care for more than just his own people reflects on how Alfonse is used to seeing people from other worlds. 

It took them several Forging Bonds, but now they FINALLY figured out how the Forging Bonds SHOULD be done. 

Yeah, exactly. I agree FB should be like this more often. I don't mind a character praising the summoner once in awhile, as just about anyone deserves some sometime, but it was starting to be kinda overkill. xP

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, exactly. I agree FB should be like this more often. I don't mind a character praising the summoner once in awhile, as just about anyone deserves some sometime, but it was starting to be kinda overkill. xP

Like the last one. Though the last one I admit had a unique twist in that it was the prequel of Book II. But I much prefer this one now. 

I legit feel that Book II characters oughta be given the same treatment as well, in that we have the Nifl and Muspell characters have interactions with other heroes as well. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Like the last one. Though the last one I admit had a unique twist in that it was the prequel of Book II. But I much prefer this one now. 

I legit feel that Book II characters oughta be given the same treatment as well, in that we have the Nifl and Muspell characters have interactions with other heroes as well. 

Yeah, that too. They did get a little of it in the New Year paralogue, but that wasn't enough.