The reason why we have no info no 3H is because they are massively upgrading it?

Spatha

The utter lack of new information regarding Three Houses is due to the fact they are massively upgrading it from behind the scenes.

The Trailer shown in E3 is obviously in alpha or beta stages. Looks more like they used FE Warriors graphics engine.

Maybe they have learned their lesson regarding what a mess the development was for Fates by revealing their cards too early.

Maybe when Nintendo and IS break the silence, we'll see a much more different Three Houses that truly fits the Nintendo Switch, maybe on par with Breath of the Wild in terms of graphical power.

They could have had a major accident internally where they lost a large chunk of what they worked on or encountered some breaking technical issue that forced them to rework the game from the ground up to resolve it.

Here's some restaurant Wednesday Triva night answer, back in 98 Pixar lost 90% of Toy Story 2 during its development, and the back up ended up getting deleted as well, just so happened that an employee had a copy of the film at home she was working on.

Which could have happened to IS

Or they wanted to put some more time into it to make it better, or they had a rewrite midway through. 

or they just wanted to wait till we are a month or two away before showering us with info, I mean, last direct was a bit ago and they were focusing on announcements, three houses exists, it is in the public consciousness, there is little to be done before we are a couple months out, anything done in the months of november and december would have gone forgotten purely due to smash bros hype, we are 10 days into the new year, give it some time, an announcement is frankly all we need right now, the game is not slated for february, nor is it set to release in march.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

or they just wanted to wait till we are a month or two away before showering us with info, I mean, last direct was a bit ago and they were focusing on announcements, three houses exists, it is in the public consciousness, there is little to be done before we are a couple months out, anything done in the months of november and december would have gone forgotten purely due to smash bros hype, we are 10 days into the new year, give it some time, an announcement is frankly all we need right now, the game is not slated for february, nor is it set to release in march.

Looking back, yeah, it would have been overshadowed by Smash Bros. Though it would be nice to have a small sliver of information to get people talking again.

Honestly, I'm not too worried.

I think that since it's their first time on home console since Radiant Dawn, they want to make it be the best they can - and if they think reworking it is going to help them, then by all means.

...Just...please sort out the laggy cutscenes. They really should have brought back studio anima.

It should be noted there's not really much info on any of the games Nintendo has dated for 2019 save Yoshi. Luigi's Mansion 3 just has a minute long trailer, Daemon x Machina's had like two trailers and one direct gameplay video, Animal Crossing has absolutely nothing but a CGI trailer saying a Switch version exists. Three Houses isn't an outlier in this regard.

Nintendo have been rather secretive about most of their games for awhile now.  It is not uncommon for them to dump a massive amount of info on a game and then say it will be released a couple of months after that or the other way around. I mean Yoshi seems to be getting that treatment. Also SoV was announced and released really close to each other. Maybe they are doing something similar here for some reason. If they do indeed need to delay it, than I wish they would just say so instead of leaving everyone with nothing to go with.

Edited by TheKnightlyNight

Yeah, it seems more like a general marketing strategy at Nintendo recently than troubled development. If Three Houses comes after this year's E3 I expect a big Treehouse (no pun intended) segment for FE. 

Standard Nintendo for the most part, save for the biggest games like SSB they keep things relatively quiet until right before release. I also get the feeling IS showed the game because they, Nintendo, needed to, not because they want to. They were starved for content to show around E3 and they also needed to communicated the delay to Spring 2019. So FE had to make a showing then, which is somewhat supported by the fact that the game was pushed from 2018 to Spring 2019, they needed more time because they had issues or were not happy with the current progress and likely end result of the game.

After E3 there really was no point in talking about it anymore so far out. Pokemon and Smash took up the bulk of the attention since they were releasing that year and just due to their size occupied most of the mindshare so it would have been a waste to try and drum up hype for the game before those games were out. Keep things quiet until just before release when you can then put out a large, steady stream of info. If we don't hear anything by end of next week it's probably time to get worried about another delay, which I think would be the first major Switch game to officially slip twice, but the game is probably coming out between March-May period, so I'm not too worried.

So I wouldn't say they're intentionally being quiet in order to "massively upgrading" the game just continuing with development, which will include a noticeable improvement at release over the E3 reveal. But I would temper your expectations. I doubt it will be a night and day differences. We are looking at probably A sub 12 month difference between the version we saw at E3 and the most likely release. Time enough to make some noticeable improvements but not exactly for anything revolutionary.

Edited by Enduin

FE has a tendency to go on a "information drought" and then give us a ton of information before release. I remember not hearing anything about Fates for the longest time, but then they started releasing info a few months before release. 

As for improvements, I assume they're just going to be finish detailing things. For example, they will Mercedes a custom battle render and not something generic.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:52 PM, Lau said:

...Just...please sort out the laggy cutscenes. They really should have brought back studio anima.

This. I know it's meant to be a particular artstyle, but it's really... unpleasant to watch?

Don't make baseless claims, OP.  Not cool, and that's why this topic's being locked.

Pull this stunt again and it will be a warning.