If we get another "A Hero Rises" event, who would you vote for?

Mau

Today I remembered we had the "A Hero Rises" event last year in February, in which we could vote for our most popular Hero in FEH which we would then get for free. Legendary Ike won this event last year, with Winter Tharja, PA!Azura, and Hector as follow-ups.

Do you think we'll get another "A Hero Rises" event this year? Who would you personally vote for and who do you think would win?

Candidates I think are eligible for winning:

• Legendary Azura. Because last year people voted for a powerful Hero, and a dancer that gives a unit the ability to walk an extry space is extremely useful.
  • Legendary Tiki. Simply a very powerful Legendary Hero.
  • Sutr. One of the most OP units at this time and with very useful skill fodder too.
  • Brave Ephriam. Hector was close to winning last year mostly for the chance at a free Distant Counter. I think B!Ephraim could stand a chance because he's the only one with Special Fighter which is a very wanted skill.
  • Halloween Mia. She might be very wanted for being the only flying healer who is also rare to get because she's a seasonal.

Personally, I'm not sure who I'd vote for. Out of all heroes, I think Alm is the one I want to have the most still but I don't think he has any chance of winning since he's been out for a while and most people that want him probably have him already.

Last year I put all my votes on Hector because I really wanted a Distant Counter but that skill is on two Legendary Heroes now so I have a chance to get it every few months. Might vote for B!Ephraim this year cause I got plenty of units who want Special Fighter. Then again, if he's given out for free then he'll be used in lots of F2P guides probably so foddering him off would be problematic.

So I guess I'd go for Halloween Mia then. I already have her, but she's -atk so I would very much welcome a neutral one and I think she has a strong chance of winning.

Edited by Mau

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Mau said:

Legendary Azura. Because last year people voted for a powerful Hero, and a dancer that gives a unit the ability to walk an extry space is extremely useful.

She will have all my votes.

Last time there was 11 votes per accounts so this time I'll choose:

• Bride Tharja
  • Winter Tharja
  • Ayra
  • New Year Gunnthra
  • Young Summer Tiki
  • leg Tiki
  • leg Marth
  • mGrima
  • Ophelia
  • Zelgius
  • Owain

But I think it's better to allow each person to choose what 5* they want. So that we don't have to go through another pseudo democracy again.

Seems likely. I'm planning on voting for legendary Azura.

I think other likely finalists include Surtr, Tibarn, Nailah, and maybe the new mythic hero? Ike won in part by releasing alongside the original, but I don't think mythic heroes are as popular.

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

But I think it's better to allow each person to choose what 5* they want. So that we don't have to go through another pseudo democracy again.

Fully agreed with this though, I was salty af when L!Ike won since I couldn't care less about him as a unit and he doesn't have much to go in fodder either so it didn't gain me anything.

If we got one free 5* choice it would be hell though, that's an even harder choice than picking a brave unit, I don't think I would ever be able to do it haha

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Actually, NY Azura wasn't third last year, it was Performing Arts Azura.

Oh jeez you're right, I swear it was NY!Azura everyone wanted which makes total sense since she was the first flying dancer. But just checked it and it's indeed PA!Azura, will fix that in the first post, thanks for letting me know! Can't think of a really good reason why so many people voted for her though, she wasn't that special iirc, I guess people just really liked her art then?

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Actually, NY Azura wasn't third last year, it was Performing Arts Azura.

I wonder if the reason was the Weapon or her overall aesthetic (and if that is the case; daaamnn!! people is thirsty for Dark Song Azura xD)

I imagine the next Mythic Hero will win because they'll be a brand new unit type and presumably all kinds of broken if recent Legendary Heroes are any indication. Not to mention the extreme recency bias through having a vote right after their release (heck, L!Ike's banner was still running when the first AHR event started.)

Edited by DefyingFates

RED: I am thinking about Halloween Myrrh or Hríd, but Tibarn can be a good candidate;
BLUE: Legendary Azura, or maybe Nailah if I don't get her;
GREEN: There aren't any green unit that I need... So for the green color I would probably vote for Adrift Female Corrin or Winter Fae.
COLORLESS: Winter Eirika or Halloween Mia. Both would be fodder for their weapons.

I will use all my votes on Legendary Azura...

I would like if IntSys did something like the CYL, where we get a banner with the the most voted unit of each color, and you could summon on of them for free. Maybe a new Hero Fest with the 4 most voted. It would be amazing and IntSys would make a lot of money with it.

Lzura, even though I have her she still is excellent and I wouldn't say no to a merge, also she will help many new players.

Ltiki, 180 BST armor loli and I wanted her a lot back then so I will definitely vote her.

Possibly the new mythic, but only if they are, either a healer more powercrept than Veronica or a non support beast.

But I'll main tiki and Azura.

Edited by SuperNova125

Probably Legendary New Year's Azura, should I fail to get her yet again which is looking increasingly likely by the day. I certainly wouldn't say no to a second Legendary Azura though since then I could erase her Atk bane and just leave her with that Spd boon.

If I do pull New Year's Azura, then my pick would be Tibarn as he's all too likely to be a casualty of my suffering in green hell for New Year's Azura. Plus, what could possibly go wrong with giving literally everyone Sturdy Impact?

I'm not sure about blue heroes, but I know I want Lewyn since I need some more Special Spiral Fodder, and another Brave Veronica since mine had terrible IV's and with the upcoming update to merging that'll fix it up. Oh, and Flora, since I never got her.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would like if IntSys did something like the CYL, where we get a banner with the the most voted unit of each color, and you could summon on of them for free. Maybe a new Hero Fest with the 4 most voted. It would be amazing and IntSys would make a lot of money with it.

Oooh I love this idea! There would be a lot less salt this way for sure, I would def prefer it.

Hmm if it would go by color my predictions would be:

Red: H!Myrrh or Tibarn indeed (though again, would personally vote for Alm)
Blue: L!Azura for sure (personal choice: Bride Ninian)
Green: Either Legendary Hector or B!Ephraim cause both are good units that offer top tier skills too (personal choice: B!Ephraim).
Colorless: Agreed with Winter Eirika or Halloween Mia because their both unique types (armored healer and flying healer). Though the new mythic hero could definitely stand a chance too, since DefyingFates makes a good point on L!Ike being the newest unit at that point. My personal choice would be Bride Cordelia though.

Edited by Mau

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Bride Cordelia is Colorless. Maybe you meant Summer Cordelia?

Well I definitely proved today that I'm a huge mess when it comes to seperating alts from each other lol. I think I saw Summer Cordelia and then thought 'oh right I still want Bride Cordelia' and then completely forgetting she wasn't also blue lol. In that case I'll change my colorless vote to Bride Cordelia and blue will be hmmm...oh Bride Ninian! I never got her and I could use another flying dancer for my second flying team.

And now that I'm writing this I'm ashamed that I was always venting about the bridal banners and now I want not one, but two units from them *sobbing*

Edited by Mau

25 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That sounds really neat, reducing salt without getting too out of hand. I think they'd do top four rather than going by color, but I could see them doing a Hero Fest and/or CYL-style free summon.

I think Nailah would be good. She has DC if people want that, and she's a good unit for people to have so that they have a solution to Firesweep and Dazzle spam. She wouldn't be a unit I would personally be annoyed to see everyone have, like I don't want to deal with L!Azura in every arena match.

1 minute ago, Mau said:

Well I definitely proved today that I'm a huge mess when it comes to seperating alts from each other lol. I think I saw Summer Cordelia and then thought 'oh right I still want Bride Cordelia' and then completely forgetting she wasn't also blue lol. In that case I'll change my colorless vote to Bride Cordelia and blue will be hmmm...oh Bride Ninian! I never got her and I could use another flying dancer for my second flying team.

And now that I'm writing this I'm ashamed that I was always venting about the bridal banners and now I want not one, but two units from them *sobbing*

Bride Ninian is a great unit. I use mine with double tactic skills (Def Tactic C-Skill and Res Tactic Seal), but between the two blue flying dancers, Legendary Azura has higher chance to be chosen for the top 4 units.

Blairzura is probably going to be many people's choice, but seeing as I already have her... well it's less pressing for me. Although her duel skill would be nice to pass along to one of my Takumis

My personal choice would be Legendary Tiki though. She is so strong and adorable, and getting anything specific off of a Legendary banner is an exercise in frustration.

Edited by Nanima

1 minute ago, Othin said:

That sounds really neat, reducing salt without getting too out of hand. I think they'd do top four rather than going by color, but I could see them doing a Hero Fest and/or CYL-style free summon.

Yes, and we know that Legendary/Mythic Heroes can appear in non Legendary Banners, thanks to the Hero Fest with Eir.