If we get another "A Hero Rises" event, who would you vote for?

Mau

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Blairzura is probably going to be many people's choice, but seeing as I already have her... well it's less pressing for me. Although her duel skill would be nice to pass along to one of my Takumis

Hm... there aren't any blue flying Takumi to inherit Blairzura's Blue Duel Flying...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... there aren't any blue flying Takumi to inherit Blairzura's Blue Duel Flying...

I have a massive headache and thought Blairzura was colourless for some reason. Even though I actually call her Blue Airzura. Yeah, I should probably lie down...

Maybe Hinoka or Tana? Otherwise I'll try throwing Aerobatics on someone or get a free pile of 2k feathers. (I have way too many Legaults already.)  

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I have a massive headache and thought Blairzura was colourless for some reason. Even though I actually call her Blue Airzura. Yeah, I should probably lie down...

Maybe Hinoka or Tana? Otherwise I'll try throwing Aerobatics on someone or get a free pile of 2k feathers. (I have way too many Legaults already.)  

I would say units that have easy access to merges, like Cordelia or one of the blue whitewings sisters, are good candidates for the Blue Duel Skill. If I had more than one Legendary Azura, I would consider give Est the Duel Skill. I believe Naesala can also be a good candidade of Blue Duel Flying.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would say units that have easy access to merges, like Cordelia or one of the blue whitewings sisters, are good candidates for the Blue Duel Skill. If I had more than one Legendary Azura, I would consider give Est the Duel Skill. I believe Naesala can also be a good candidade of Blue Duel Flying.

There isn't any Blue Flying Lance unit other than those two that interests me though. I prefer using my favourites. And the only Blue Tome flier I have is.. well Blairzura. Naesala does sound potentially neat, although I do plan on eventually making him +10 in which case duel skills won't be as necessary for him to reach higher tiers. 

Definitely a Legendary of some kind. Their utility is too good to pass up. Surtr might be a popular pick if only because of AR and Arena, but I think he's overrated and doesn't serve as much utility as a Legendary can. Not to mention, people who don't have crap for blessings benefit greatly from getting a new Legendary if only for Blessed Gardens and AA.

Shortlist that comes to mind:

• Legendary Hector: He probably seems less impressive next to Surtr, but Ostian Pulse can be used in a lot of interesting ways. DC and Vengeful Fighter are also phenomenal skills to inherit even for whales. In terms of color/movement type, a new player would have a great deal of options factoring in Fjorm, Ike, and Eir.
  • Legendary Azura: Gotta be the best Dancer and one of the most valuable units. Her A skill is also excellent if you decide you hate her
  • Hrid: Extremely versatile and has great synergy with many other units. Also carries DC.
  • Tibarn: If only fliers are extremely limited, Tibarn is going to prove to be an incredible unit against some of the more popular melee units in the meta, notably Surtr. Also Sturdy Impact!
  • Nailah: The Firesweep counter alone makes her extremely desirable, whether to use or inherit. Giving her out for free would really change things up

Oo, tough choices, but people have been putting up really good suggestions. I know legendaries and mythics are great choices for people on the whole, including new players, but honestly my vote may go to one of the herons. My personal preference would be Reyson, but if any of these new beasts demote, it'll be him. So, maybe Leanne.

New players already have access to a mythic hero and 2 legendary heroes for free. Giving them a useful support beast unit, I think, would really help broaden their thinking in how they approach the game and give them a taste of this new mechanic. Plus, healing + refreshing would likely be extremely helpful for new players. Yet, older players also benefit from this, so it's really just helpful for everyone.

That said, we still don't know all of which units will be available for voting yet, so my answer is subject to change. The new mythic hero may actually wind up being better as a free unit than Reyson or Leanne, due to mythic effects on AR. Light and Astra are only effective offensively, and Dark and Anima are only helpful defensively. So, if the new mythic hero is an Anima unit, it would balance well with Eir, as you could gain a benefit every season for free, one being a beneficial offensive season, and the next being a beneficial defensive season.

I'll probably vote for L Azura since mine's a bad +atk -spd IV that I could fix into a good one if I get a merge on her. Anybody else I'd like probably doesn't have a realistic chance at winning. 

I think Azura's probably got the highest chance right now, with Nailah, Tibarn and Surtr behind her due to strong powercreep + recency. Some of the other legendaries could be high too, but I don't think any would top Azura. Last year her PA alt placed high even being months old, which I think was both due to her strong prf effect and Azura's general popularity. Well, it's the same case this year but she's also a legendary, more recent and more powerful than ever.

Other than those, IS could push whatever this month's mythic is just like they pushed Ike last year, so that's what I expect to be Azura's closest competitor.

Edited by Alkaid

3 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

I personally would like to see Sigurd, Miciaiah, Lloyd, Joshua, Sothe and Soren.

i would be happy with any of these. 

I know that these are your choices, and they are good! Soren is one of my most used heroes in FEH because he is so good, but I know that the people would be so angry if we get Soren, a 3-4 Stars unit, as the free pick. I would say the same thing about Lloyd and Joshua, since both are available in the Heroic Grails.

A little early for this thread, we all know the January mythic hero is going to be super powerful awesome and likely pushed by Feh herself as they announce Hero rises.  Considering the units we have now, Legendary Azura no question.

Firstly you want to choose a limited unit, not one in the regular pool.  So seasonal or legendary.  I think legendary is the best type of hero (or mythic if you like aether raids that much) cause they give big stat bonuses to your whole team just for being on it.  They also only appear every few months on a banner and share with 2 other units on top of that when they do appear.  So pulling one is by no means easy, and the odds are lower than pulling for any other unit.  

Secondly is the unit powerful, unique.  Something that stands out from all the very similar units out there?

Finally does the unit have exceptional fodder?  Cause otherwise the people who already have said unit, and aren't interested in merges will not get much value.  

That final point, Azura has blue duel flier which is highly sought after if you are into scoring high in arena, but that doesn't apply to everybody.  Aerobatics is super fun but it isn't excactly distant counter or that awesome new B skill Nailah is coming with.  So I guess how much do people who already have Legendary Azura benefit?  That is my only doubt.

However personally, Legendary Azura is broken AF, and I didn't get her on the last legendary banner and no guarantee to get her in the future either.  I don't want to be left out, I want to have the busted +6 or 7 to all stats and granting extra move dance.  Certainly will be a standout addition to any roster regardless of what one has, the only problem is having a 2nd isn't the greatest thing in the world.  

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I know that these are your choices, and they are good! Soren is one of my most used heroes in FEH because he is so good, but I know that the people would be so angry if we get Soren, a 3-4 Stars unit, as the free pick. I would say the same thing about Lloyd and Joshua, since both are available in the Heroic Grails.

True. im just tired/not interested in the Heroes Exclusive characters/Fates. even awakening doesn't interest me much.

You never know what the next banner will bring; recency bias shouldn't be underestimated for sure. However, as it stands right now, I believe Lazura, Nailah, Tibarn, and Surtr have the best chance of winning.

I honestly don't know who I'd vote for at this point. I've got almost 500 orbs to spend on the beast banner tomorrow, so if that goes south, I might vote for Tibarn. My two +Spd Floras also make me want to vote for her so I can at least get a neutral version, wasted though my votes would be.

I wouldnt be surprised if they hand out Original Bruno and Veronica as free units (with a refine) just to expand the roster of units they can rotate besides the Askr Units. Maybe it would even tie in with the Story progression.

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, Mau said:

Well I definitely proved today that I'm a huge mess when it comes to seperating alts from each other lol. I think I saw Summer Cordelia and then thought 'oh right I still want Bride Cordelia' and then completely forgetting she wasn't also blue lol. In that case I'll change my colorless vote to Bride Cordelia and blue will be hmmm...oh Bride Ninian! I never got her and I could use another flying dancer for my second flying team.

And now that I'm writing this I'm ashamed that I was always venting about the bridal banners and now I want not one, but two units from them *sobbing*

I want charlotte and Cordelia :)
(Ninian is fun)

Honestly, I wish they would just let us pick which character we want instead of giving us whoever the majority wants though I understand that is most likely not going to change at all this year if we get the event again. Last year I voted for PA!Azura who till this day I still do not have but instead got stuck with L!Ike who I did not needed (I have enough infantry sword units thank you very much) and the most he contributed was foddering off his Warding Breath skill to A!Tiki. This year though I am voting for L!Azura who unlike L!Ike benefits everyone with her awesome utility kit and unique class and weapon and even though I already have her I wouldn't mind another copy of her just to remove her -HP bane once the February update comes out.

Otherwise getting L!Hector for free would be nice since I don't have him yet or getting another L!Tiki for merges and bane removal would be great be I feel these two are less likely to win.

Edited by NSSKG151

All in for VRoy.

He still refuses me.

That said, if there is another, it'll probably be like last year where Feh introduces some new legendary or mythic and goes "oooooooooooooh and yooooooou can vote fooooooooor [character].  You should tooooooooooootally vote for [character]." then that character wins by a landslide.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

All in for VRoy.

He still refuses me.

That said, if there is another, it'll probably be like last year where Feh introduces some new legendary or mythic and goes "oooooooooooooh and yooooooou can vote fooooooooor [character].  You should tooooooooooootally vote for [character]." then that character wins by a landslide.

It wasn't actually a landslide. Tharja came very close: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/A_Hero_Rises_(Event)

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I stand corrected on that then.

LIke winning still feels kinda set up on IS's part though.

It does. I think this will be more competitive, though.

Legendary Azura for sure. The quality of life improvements she would give to literally every player who ever picks up the game can't be beaten by any level of favoritism. 

She'd have my vote, every single one. The only people that shouldn't vote for her are the ones that have her already.

not sure what the hate on legendary ike is about unless these are whales talking

for ftp people he was a godsend, and it still is; makes a lot of the in game content much easier to deal with

this year idk what unit would do that again... maybe nailah? idk

legendary azura is strong and all, but i don't think she really brings that much to the table overall, while units like surtr or veronica literally shaped the metagame around them

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

My votes would go towards:
    -LAzura (already have one, but a second would be nice)
    -any of the 4 current Laguz (Tibarn/Nailah for their ridiculous fodder, herons for their utility)
    -whatever new insane Mythic/Legendary hero comes out before the event starts