January/February Events Calendar: New Special Heroes Theme? Oh my!

Coolmanio

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two Special Heroes here. 

Is one this "Hero Fest" thing I hear about? The other must be "Love Resounds"- my tentative name for the Valentine's sequel.

Not getting another New Heroes until at least 3/8 it looks like stinks though. At least I'll be able to replenish my Orb supply after trying for all the Laguz.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are two Special Heroes here. 

Is one this "Hero Fest" thing I hear about? The other must be "Love Resounds"- my tentative name for the Valentine's sequel.

Not getting another New Heroes until at least 3/8 it looks like stinks though. At least I'll be able to replenish my Orb supply after trying for all the Laguz.

No, Hero Fest isn't signified as a 'Special Heroes' banner. These types are always ALT banners...

Could this be a collab?? :0

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Could this be a collab?? :0

OH LORDY LORDS OF ELIBE NO! ...Unless TMS counts as collab due to Atlus's hand in the game, in which case, YESSSSSSSSSS!

-Or Advance Wars. I would spend for a Flying Green Tome/Dagger Eagle dropping Bomber bombs on everything. With Lightning Strike as a Special, being a super Galeforce.

Third pick that would be interesting to me- Winter Sports. Skis, Snowboards, Skates, and an Ice Hockey Stick or Snowmobile.

Ugh. Nine per year was more than enough.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2/22, probably, not 3/8. There's still a late February banner.

Geez, I didn't even see the second seasonal banner.  I just assumed the first one was getting Valentine's out of the way early or something.  Seasonals kill my enthusiasm for new banners like nothing else. 

Hell yeah MLK seasonal heroes!

Also Pair Up quests is pretty interesting, wonder if we're getting a Pair Up mechanic next month or if that's just a nod to other games

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Hell yeah MLK seasonal heroes!

So Devdan, Basilio, Flavia, Medeus, and... is Niles tan enough? -Or Fiona! She is cute and tragically underdeveloped.

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Spring Heroes for those two Banners~

But Spring doesn't officially begin until the 21st. That is early.

Unless this coincides with the Japanese cherry blossom blooming period, that is a national event. So we'd have Heroes adorned in shades of pink from nearly white to bright and bold.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So I've been saying since the beast trailer went up that they appear to have recognized the dislike for alts on new character banners and stopped doing that. It looks like I was right, but overlooked the part where they're decreasing the number of new character banners accordingly.

It doesn't help that it coincided with another instance of them clumsily responding to character feedback with their usual half-year delay: they saw the interest in OCs from the beginning of Book 2, magnified by a response to their perceived reluctance to make or release OCs from Book 1, and dumped a ton of new and alt OCs in the past few months.

This is a mess, but it's a fixable mess. They're responding to feedback clumsily, but they're responding to it. If they get flooded with Youtube dislikes and feedback criticizing the alt banners, they'll notice. If they can increase the seasonal banner lineup, they can decrease it.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But Spring doesn't officially begin until the 21st. That is early.

Unless this coincides with the Japanese cherry blossom blooming period, that is a national event. So we'd have Heroes adorned in shades of pink from nearly white to bright and bold.

I thought Spring would be 2nd, Valentine's first (in which Valentine's is also early)~

Could be a random theme, I guess~

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Devdan, Basilio, Flavia, Medeus, and... is Niles tan enough?

Man, FE really needs more people of color. Some of those are debatable. Could make a case for Gray, Boey, and Grieth, though. At least Three Houses has Claude.

Anyway I actually expect that this'll either be a random wintertime fun banner or maybe Chinese New Year

Free units/summons

1/11: Laguz banner (Tibarn, Nailah, Leanne, Reyson)
1/12: Naesala GHB
1/13: Sword Valor banner (Gray, Paladin Chrom, Lene)
1/14: Three Heroes quests (Marth, Roy, Chrom)
1/20: New Power (Deirdre, Julia, and either Seliph or Tailtiu)
1/23: Special Heroes banner
1/26: Tempest Trials
1/27: Elincia + Nephenee BHB (Elincia, Nephenee, and one of the following: OG Ike, Brave Ike, Mist, Oscar, or Titania)
1/28: Possible Voting Gauntlet banner
1/30: Mythic Heroes banner (basically LH banner but new Mythic Hero making their debut; Ike, Lyn, Eirika, Tiki)
2/1: Link skills banner (3 of the following: Sumia, Laevatein, Adrift Camilla, Nina)
2/4: Walhart GHB rerun
2/8: Special Heroes banner
2/??: Valentines 2018 banner rerun

Laguz banner: Probably gonna skip this one, even though my Cherche would like Sturdy Impact and Leanne would be another dancer I would welcome though I already have a lot of dancers and Leanne isn't necessarily better than the already existing flier dancers, especially Legend Azura.

Sword Valor banner: Easy skip - I would love Lene but I already have a lot of dancers and I already have Gray and Paladin Chrom.

New Power banner: Easy skip - Tailtiu is 4-5* available and Seliph is 3-4* available and I already have Deirdre and Julia at +1 and with +Atk nature.

Special Heroes banner (1/23): Already?! What is Japan celebrating at that time?

Elincia + Nephenee BHB banner:  Urgh... as much as I'd like to get another Elincia and Nephenee, I may need to skip this one.

MH banner: I wouldn't mind Lyn and Eirika merges though if Brave Celica shows up, I'll be pulling for her.

Link skills banner: I adore Sumia but I'm invested in Cordelia for lance flier of choice. Also am not a user of Link skills.

Special Heroes banner (2/8): I'm expecting this to be the Valentines 2019 banner.

Valentines 2018 rerun: Lyn merges await me!

Edited by Roflolxp54

I actually posted my thoughts in the general thread, not realizing there was a thread dedicated to the calendar, whoops.

But having two new seasonal banners in a row, when this upcoming January 23 - February 5 seasonal didn't exist in the previous year is pretty rage-inducing. The only thing I can think of that exists in this time period is Lunar New Year, and we really don't need to celebrate the fucking new year twice.

The only thing that would make this okay is if this "special heroes" banner was actually a repeat of all of year 1's seasonal heroes right up to last year's love abounds, and that would even make sense because this one is so short, but I kinda doubt it.

The second Special Heroes banner is probably last year's LA banner rerun, nothing more.

Elincia and Nephenee BHB seems odd to me. These two never really interacted at all. I expected Elincia not to get a BHB with anyone but Ike, and Lucia and/or Geoffrey when they're in the game. And there is precedent for a character having two BHBs, because Ephraim did.

But things are looking interesting, can't wait to see what the second anniversary celebration will bring!

I don't know who to hope for on the new special heroes banner though. Ike wouldn't make a lick of sense on this one as much as I want him to have a seasonal, and my other top favs all already got seasonals. I guess I can hope for Titania or Mist or something? :P I wouldn't complain about another seasonal Freddy though. It's been awhile since he got his single one.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The second Special Heroes banner is probably last year's LA banner rerun, nothing more.

Elincia and Nephenee BHB seems odd to me. These two never really interacted at all. I expected Elincia not to get a BHB with anyone but Ike, and Lucia and/or Geoffrey when they're in the game. And there is precedent for a character having two BHBs, because Ephraim did.

IS normally never lists reruns for Special Heroes banners.

As for Elincia and Nephenee, they're both Crimeans - that's the only reason I could think of (so no surprise if the 3rd unit is either variant of Ike, Mist, Titania, or Oscar). And unusual pairings is nothing new - Tana and Amelia don't have a support in FE8 yet they have a BHB in FEH.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

IS normally never lists reruns for Special Heroes banners.

As for Elincia and Nephenee, they're both Crimeans - that's the only reason I could think of (so no surprise if the 3rd unit is either variant of Ike, Mist, Titania, or Oscar). And unusual pairings is nothing new - Tana and Amelia don't have a support in FE8 yet they have a BHB in FEH.

I thought they had for the two Christmas banners though? Maybe I'm mistaken.

And yeah, I thought that pairing was odd too, honestly.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

1/20: New Power (Deirdre, Julia, and either Seliph or Tailtiu)

Why not all four? I don't remember any times when they've left out a hero who's in the regular summoning pool.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I thought they had for the two Christmas banners though? Maybe I'm mistaken.

And yeah, I thought that pairing was odd too, honestly.

Nah. That schedule listed the new Christmas and New Year's banners, it didn't mention the reruns.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Nah. That schedule listed the new Christmas and New Year's banners, it didn't mention the reruns.

Oh, that's what I was thinking of then, it seems. This will be interesting then!