January/February Events Calendar: New Special Heroes Theme? Oh my!

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why not all four? I don't remember any times when they've left out a hero who's in the regular summoning pool.

Most New Power banners typically feature 3 units max. Though it's also possible that they may do 2 banners with 2 Focus units each:

One banner would have Seliph and Julia to represent FE4, gen. 2; the other would have Tailtiu and Deirdre to represent FE4, gen. 1.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

It looks like I was right, but overlooked the part where they're decreasing the number of new character banners accordingly.

Can’t have alts on new heroes banners if you don’t have new heroes banners!

Something's telling me that whomever's in charge of the English-language calendar is actually trying to piss off the English-speaking fanbase.  For starters, daylight saving time is not in effect during this timeframe (the "screw you, vast majority of the English speaking fanbase" text reads "Pacific Daylight Time").  Not only that, but they reintroduced the "miscalculation of the Grand Conquests starting date in relation to PST" mechanic from the November/December calendar!  (Grand Conquests begins at 11:00 AM UTC; this translates to 3:00 AM PST on the same calendar date.  This is something they actually got right in the December/January calendar.)  You can compare the events with the Japanese calendar's (or Chinese calendar's) dates to easily extrapolate when the dates are for the vast majority of the fanbase...

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Most New Power banners typically feature 3 units max. Though it's also possible that they may do 2 banners with 2 Focus units each:

One banner would have Seliph and Julia to represent FE4, gen. 2; the other would have Tailtiu and Deirdre to represent FE4, gen. 1.

Bartre/Shanna/Florina/Saber was four as recently as November. Before that, Tiki/Tiki/Linde/Merric, the four Falchion users, etc. I don't see any such pattern.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can’t have alts on new heroes banners if you don’t have new heroes banners!

Yeah, pretty much.

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Most New Power banners typically feature 3 units max.

Most refinery updates featured 3 units max. The most recent one is an outlier with five units, and that is why it had to be split.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia and Nephenee BHB seems odd to me. These two never really interacted at all. I expected Elincia not to get a BHB with anyone but Ike, and Lucia and/or Geoffrey when they're in the game. And there is precedent for a character having two BHBs, because Ephraim did.

I mean

They also put Tana and Amelia in a BHB together and those two literally haven't interacted at all

Nephenne has the excuse of at least knowing Elincia personally, shrug. Not that I think it makes the most sense, but we've had weirder.

So, I see they've taken a "never ask anything from us again" approach after finally introducing beast shifters. Good thing I'm far too desensitized to IS's decision making with this game at this point to care even slightly.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

They also put Tana and Amelia in a BHB together and those two literally haven't interacted at all

Although as a little fun fact, Amelia was originally going to have Tana's role in SS, with her class a flying Trainee. Tana came later.

this game sure knows how to troll me before legendary Banners. 
Elincia and Nephenee? that's one way to do it. 
Link Skills featuring Sumia?sure would love to fix her speed bane
Lene on a focus banner?  - well you killed me by having her with Horsey chrom and Gray, game. 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, I see they've taken a "never ask anything from us again" approach after finally introducing beast shifters. Good thing I'm far too desensitized to IS's decision making with this game at this point to care even slightly.

I wonder how they'll like it if players begin taking a  "never ask for money from us again" stance towards them.

56 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

"We're giving you beasts, so you can wait 2 months for more new Heroes now" - IS

"And that one's Binding Blade so we're sure that'll tide you over until August at which point it'll be the Brave Heroes and then, well, book 3 will be coming to a close, soooo that means we'll just have to do filler, no-demote banners of all the enemy characters. Hope you're okay with waiting a year to get another new actual Fire Emblem character <3" - Also IS

God, I'm fucking sick of seasonals. Sent feedback for all the good it does.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wonder how they'll like it if players begin taking a  "never ask for money from us again" stance towards them.

I mean, if you want to vote with your wallet then sure. It certainly isn't guaranteed to make any difference in IS's bottom line though said the guy who refused to buy either Pokemon Let's Go games.

Oh my poor orbs... I'm still trying to get one of the new year featured units (preferably Hird) and have basically no orbs. x_x But I love seasonal banners! If they come out with a Gatrie/Sain/Inigo/Virion/whoever else cheesy pickup line banner like I've been hoping for since last year in addition to Love Abounds banners, how can I skip that?! And if they go with a Hanami theme (maybe including Kinshi Sakura like some people have been wanting?), I can't skip that either! (I love cherry blossoms; they connect me to my dearly departed little sweetie cat.) At least there's that anniversary celebration thing coming up. I wonder what'll be included this year!

Edit: The BHB of Elincia and Nephenee's a little disheartening, though. Does this mean we won't get Brom, Lucia, or Geoffrey?

Edited by Mercakete

That Late January Banner is quite curious... I mean; obviously isn't Valentine 2019 because that is the Early February Banner...

But what exactly is there? The fact we hadn't celebrate Chinese New Year Last Year Makes my doubt is that...

Maybe we actually have some kind of collab with a Fire Emblem Spin-Off this time? Who knows... it would be fun.

Okay, now I'm angry.

We got 2 new hero banners between New Years and Valentines last year, and now we're getting denied a story chapter for yet another seasonal? Book 3 is going to proceed at a crawl at this rate. This means no Chapter 4 until late February. This bites hard.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Devdan, Basilio, Flavia, Medeus, and... is Niles tan enough? -Or Fiona! She is cute and tragically underdeveloped.

But Spring doesn't officially begin until the 21st. That is early.

Unless this coincides with the Japanese cherry blossom blooming period, that is a national event. So we'd have Heroes adorned in shades of pink from nearly white to bright and bold.

If this turns out to be some kind of new Spring banner (like how Performing Arts had a different theme and time last year compared to the first year), then I'll forgive them for this.

But if it isn't and we literally just lost a new banner in comparison to last year, I'm going to get super pissed.

Ugh, here I was ready to spend big on the Laguz banner and now they are dangling the prospect of Kinshi Sakura over me again... I'll still pull for Reyson and Tibarn though. 

As for people talking about a cherry blossom theme: That's way too early. They don't usually start blooming until March/April. Remember how Sakura herself was named after her parents saw a blooming cherry tree shortly after her birth? Well her birthday is April 9th. 

I can't really guess what they are planning, but I am definitely tired of their pacing. They've done a good job of making the story interesting so far, but now they are sabotaging it by drip-feeding it to us.

TWO seasonal banners? Sigh, we need more NEW hero banners, not seasonal ones. Come on, IS. We're getting laguz this month and Binding Blade in March, but don't leave February dry like that. Lame.

Also that Elincia & Nephenee BHB makes me irrationally angry because you know who'd be the very definition of a PERFECT PARTNER for a BHB with Nephenee? BROM. Just add him already, IS!

So only one story chapter this entire month, only one new heroes banner.  I hope the story is exceptional though the whole 'contract' thing is annoying.  Ah sorry to fight you but we are under contract, ah you won thank you for freeing us from the contract!  Okay.

My biggest problem besides alts with so many seasonal banners is it takes forever for story chapters to drop which only happen with new hero banners.  Most of the paralogues are brief little side plots and the writing is even more shallow than the main story.  

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Also that Elincia & Nephenee BHB makes me irrationally angry because you know who'd be the very definition of a PERFECT PARTNER for a BHB with Nephenee? BROM. Just add him already, IS!

And you know who’d be the very definition of a perfect partner for a BHB with Elincia? Geoffrey. Or Lucia. Or even Ike.

At least Nephenee and Elincia actually interacted in person in RD, unlike some people (*cough* Amelia and Tana *cough*), but these versions of Nephenee and Elincia are from PoR…

If this banner has a thematic related to Setsubun or something like that; I hope it's considered the "Arts Festival" Banner of the year.

After all last year we didn't have the Fall Festival; but instead, the Summer Festival.

Edited by Troykv