Tales Of Vesperia Definitive Edition

MisterIceTeaPeach

For which console will you get Vesperia?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which version will you buy?

• PC (Steam)
    • PS4
    • Switch
    • XBOXone
  2. 2. Have you played the original version?

• Yes, XBOX360
    • Yes, PS3
    • No

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell on this example how huge the difficulty spike from easy to normal just is:

Fighting level 200 boss on easy with level 87 team: done in my second attempt

Fighting level 82 boss on normal with level 87 team: got murdered

Edit: I kinda forgot that Rita is really great against latter with meteor spamming and overlimit abusing. I should try it next time. It was the way how to take them out on normal in the PS3 version. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

Speaking of, it's amazing how much punishment the red chests can take... They're far and away more durable than the enemies.

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the duel with Flynn much harder in this version?

Edited by Shadow Mir

• 2 weeks later...

@Shadow Mir

I remember when you said that big bang can actually kill. 

Spoiler

You're right actually. 

But on the other it does not bring always the HP down to one. 

I used damage divider and my team had about a three digit number of HP left which would mean it deals to a certain fixed number of damage. 

So I heard some great things about this game and finally had the chance to try it with the Switch release. For the most part, I've really enjoyed the game. I'm guessing this is a common sentiment, but Yuri is a cool dude.

That said, I reached what I'm assuming is the final dungeon and suddenly I feel at a loss. Normally, on my first run, I try to play without a walkthrough. But just in case, I thought I'd read one to see what I missed. Then I learned there are lots of permanent missables, many of which are completely non-intuitive.

Heck, I missed the Collector's Book, which would have been quite useful, although I did get it from a researcher in Halure thankfully. But it seems I totally missed the chance to get the Super Aer Conductor for the female swimsuits. Which I'm not terribly fussed about, but it seems like awful design, like they're teasing you. Sure, you can easily have the male swimsuits, but RIP if you didn't collect half of every possible item and talk to some random dude in a town you've got no reason to revisit.

Also, the final dungeon is kicking my butt. But that's probably my own problem. I guess it's time to grind a bit and maybe try a 2nd playthrough when I'm bored.

6 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That said, I reached what I'm assuming is the final dungeon and suddenly I feel at a loss. Normally, on my first run, I try to play without a walkthrough. But just in case, I thought I'd read one to see what I missed. Then I learned there are lots of permanent missables, many of which are completely non-intuitive.

That is typical of Tales, or at least games of a certain age, or at least from a certain development group for Tales games. Symphonia and Abyss are also like this. More recent titles I don't think are like this.

6 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That's typical of these games, I suppose. Notable stuff that's easily skipped includes Judith's Brionac, which is tied to a sidequest that spans the whole game and starts well before you even meet the character in question, as well as the 200 man melee, which requires clearing a postgame dungeon you could miss the chance to unlock since the chance to do so is narrow and takes you to a place you have no reason to go to.

The final dungeon is actually very straightforward, if you are not going for the special of the final boss. 

Otherwise there are two parallel paths, but you have access to the second one just very close to the end of the first path. I know it is described badly, but I do not know how to explained it else. 

I actually enjoyed some of those missable events. When looked at face value, yes it's kind of annoying having no idea it even exists, but in a way it encourages more than just blazing through the storyline while giving you all that nice stuff without any effort. I agree the way it was handled could have been better, but I thought it was kind of neat nonetheless.

We got an update coming soon. The following is for all versions:

• Fixed a rare issue in which the game would freeze during gameplay.
  • Adjusted the height of certain enemies both in the overworld map and in battle.
  • Fixed the display lag that would occur in Mantaic.
  • Adjusted the behavior of stick controls during battle.
  • Fixed an issue in which Flynn’s voice would play in Japanese when changing his strategy to “Up To You” during battle, even when voiceover settings had been set to English.
  • Improved stability of other behaviors.

There are other fixes too, but those are more console specific.