(FE7) Is there a way to check which routesplits you took to determine the appearance of a character?

LucaMaster123

Title's a little bit confusing, so let me explain

You see, i've got kind of a thing for doing what i call "Boss Runs", where basically, I have to beat Fire Emblem while using ONLY enemy bosses (for those of you who know about it, WalhartTheConqueror on youtube did something similar, using only generic enemies, he's the one i got my idea from). The way I do this is editing the roms so that the chapter after the boss in question is defeated fires an event where the boss joins your party, to sort of simulate the recruitment of the boss.

In FE9 and FE10, i did this via cheats and RAM hacking. However, in FE7, since i can actually edit the roms properly instead of using cheats, i'm actually trying to make this into an actual hack. This does mean I need to find a way to determine, for example, if you got Lloyd's chapter or Linus's, so that next chapter you'd recruit the one you fought last chapter. This way, you'd also be able to recruit the other character, stronger, after fighting him in Cog of Destiny. Are you following me still? Or is this a little bit confusing?

Please, do keep in mind, English is not my first language, so, sorry in advance for any problems trying to understand me haha.

For Lloyd/LInus the game itself has a condition that determines which map is taken. I think it's based on the combined total levels of certain characters and the other is fought later iirc

There's already a flag in the game that checks which brother you fight. It's called Defeat Linus. Check out the Start Event for Cog of Destiny and you'll find it used near the beginning to determine which brother to spawn. Simply copy the exact same command and use it in the same way to determine who you recruit.