Entrusted Grand Hero Battle - Naesala: Sky's Shadow

Landmaster

18 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

This was actually pretty easy. :

@Landmaster @mampfoid

Nice one-turn, I didn't expect Hinoka would handle the Manakete at the end but she ended up taking out both pretty easily~

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No enemy reinforcements, thank god. I didn't want to have to deal with that AND Naesala's transformation movement buff. It took me a few tries to find a clear, but I did infernal all on my own on this one! And with some horses too. :) I also decided to make my first recording! Since this is a Tellius battle, and Zeo kind of inspired me too since his Matthew Journey was cool. I was also able to use a strat I tend to go for a lot with my horse team. That is to say, have Freddy tank half the map while everyone else does clean up. XD Hrid actually didn't do anything but buff. I normally use legend Ephraim in place of Lyn, but Lyn was more useful here because enemy fliers. But for the first time, you get to see my Freddy in action!

I accidentally tapped my screen near the end there when Frederick took out the lance cav, sorry about that. I also didn't think to show my units' stat and skill screens either, my bad. I am new to this, so I haven't gotten into any recording habits yet. I could redo this again, but...I already had to redo the recording once because I was interrupted by my mom the first time and the recording picked up that short conversation. lol So I didn't want to do it a third time.

Nice job! Freddy was great here~ Don't worry about the stats, if you record again, you'll just be ready for next time~

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Nice job! Freddy was great here~ Don't worry about the stats, if you record again, you'll just be ready for next time~

Thanks! And yep, that's definitely true. :)

This one wasn't too bad.  I tackled it with Flier Emblem, since all the terrain seems to rule out my horse teams.

I'm tempted to merge my Naesalas and support him with Tibarn or one of the Herons.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm tempted to merge my Naesalas and support him with Tibarn or one of the Herons.

That would be neat! And I was able to clear it with horses, so you probably just need the right setup there.

I see Naesala has Swift Sparrow! Awesome, now my Kaze can later get it from him since I picked up all three copies.

This one is okay still need to do infernal but it should not take me that long.  Horse emblem is really good on this map.  I am just happy I finally have my raven king in Heroes, he is getting every grail I have saved once he is up.

Well, this looks like this might be the thread to post in. Naesala, surprisingly easy, especially considering how annoying it was to try and stop him from killing anyone before talking to him in the same map in PoR.

Hard cleared with low HM units (3 of which were green mages, one Kidzura so you can guess that was used)

Lunatic cleared with M!Morgan (Grima's Truth, Drag Back, Blazing Flame, DaB 3, Dull Ranged 3, Spur Def/Res 2, Drive Res 2), Lancina (Geirskogul, Drag Back, Aether, Sturdy Blow 2, Renewal 3, Drive Spd 2, Spur Def 1), B!Ike (Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Hone Spd 3, SAA12 1) and Takumi (Fujin Yumi, Drag Back, CC, Vantage 3, Spur Def/Res 2), where I reposition Lancina onto the tree below the manakete and drag Ike back, wait for the enemoes to come, then have Morgan attack the mage and Ike finish, with Lancina dragging Morgan back while Takumi 1-shots Naesala thanks to the boost. Ike then tanks the two reds and the manakete (This needed the Drive Res Seal, I failed without it) and I clean up.

Infernal cleared first try with L'Ephraim (Flame Seigmund, Draw Back, Sol, Sturdy Stance, Solar Brace, Hone Cav), B!Lyn (Mulagir, Swap, DA, SwSp 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cav, SAA5 1, S Rank Eliwood and Summoner), Eliwood (Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Iceberg, DeB3, Desperation 3, Ward Cav, SAA10 1) and Frederick (Slaying Hammer (Eff.), Swap, Aether, Fury 3, WoM 3, Fortify Cav). I set everyone out of range first turn, then had Lyn charge in to 1-shot the mage, be repositioned by Eliwood while Frederick swaps places with Ephraim and allows Ephraim to sit above Eliwood for EP. Next turn, Lyn attacks and Frederick finishes Naesala while Eliwood finishes the blue manakete off and Ephraim the red cav. The res manakete fights Ephraim but it's a foregone conclusion in the end.

This was amazingly easy, especially in comparison with recent maps.

Edit: Neat job on the clear. I did it pretty similarly (Though Frederick had a different role because mine isn't as built)

Edited by Dayni

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just wish I was good enough at this game to find a lot more clears utilizing him in a team. But I end up having to go to FTP videos like half the time and obviously, those don't use him.

You had a good start here I think, you'll make him work other times again for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Edit: Neat job on the clear. I did it pretty similarly (Though Frederick had a different role because mine isn't as built)

I'm assuming you're talking about my clear? Thanks! I did notice you used a sorta similar strategy! We even both started off by having Lyn get rid of the mage flier right away and then Repoing her out of there. :P

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You had a good start here I think, you'll make him work other times again for sure. 

Yeah, I hope so!

Infernal Naesala in one turn:

Nearly forgot to post my own video. First time BH!Lucina, I had fun with her in recent TTs (my blue unit for Flashing Blade seal). Was too lazy to try Raven after I had the clear ready with Cherche. 

Edited by mampfoid

Summer Takumi, Myrrh and two Dancers made this GHB easy. Had a bit of a scare on Infernal when everyone charged straight down after Takumi shot Naesala down, but the only enemy left when I was done with the turn was the Brave Lance Cav who couldn’t go over the mountains to reach my Dancers or Takumi and thus suicided into Myrrh.

Now I’m looking forward to training up Naesala, he looks like he’ll be rather neat and it’ll be nice to run him with the Leanne I pulled yesterday so he can benefit from Hone Beasts and a Dancer who can keep up with him.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Ew, Regular Naga.

Nice work! Always great to see a Julia kick enemies around. Nice use of Azura as well, she’s a LOT of fun.

I also like how you said to watch out for Aerobatics in your Strategy post, then took complete advantage of it in your clear.

@Anacybele

Congrats on your first recording, & nice work on the clear! I was a little concerned when the Manakete attacked Frederick...then I noticed that his Ignis was charged.

@mampfoid

Nice job, I especially liked the positioning of Lucina for Wings of Mercy in two different places.

As for my attempt:

In a sick twist of fate, Naesala betrays himself. And throws in a little shade, for good measure.

Edited by LordFrigid

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Congrats on your first recording, & nice work on the clear! I was a little concerned when the Manakete attacked Frederick...then I noticed that his Ignis was charged.

Thanks! Yep, that was what I was counting on, as I figured the sword horse would attack first since he has weapon triangle advantage. And literally very few things survive an Ignis from my Frederick. lol That was 87 damage right there!

I thought Neasala would have a pretty challenging map, but this one was much easier then the Klein and Clarine battle from before.

Takumi and Sakura have to sit this sibling team out. Seliph and Julia take their place instead for a pretty comfortable clear. Seliph got to put his refine to good use and everyone pulled their weight.

I remember @mampfoid saying that he liked Roy so i'll tag him for this one. I thought a nerds vs Neasala run would be a little tricky with the team I picked, but that did't exactly turn out to be true. I did not expect Roy to basically butcher the whole team with ease.

Apparently this map is too easy according to people on Reddit but I had to tackle it with 3 teams before something worked. Don't know what they're smoking but overlapping attack ranges and unfriendly terrain is not what I call easy. There aren't really places units can retreat to unless you bring a refresher. When does LH!Azura come back again?

Cavalry and flier teams didn't go so well so I went with my new year TT team and that worked. 

@mampfoid Hopefully things are going well on your end with the one turn clear. 

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

@Alexmender

Your Eirika got it done of course. She even lived through the Naesala ambush and made it through all attacks that turn to come back with Aether and finish the rest.

Nice clear, good job.

@mampfoid

A new unit debut and more of Hector, what more could you ask for? That manakete did hurt, but I guess that is exactly what you wanted.

Nice clear, well done.

@LordFrigid

A nice, quick clear as always and you even got in some practice for the rerun quests by having him kill himself. Well done.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice job, I especially liked the positioning of Lucina for Wings of Mercy in two different places.

Thanks! Yeah that worked out well this time. Next time I'll use Raven perhaps, I distributed some of my recent Cordelias.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

In a sick twist of fate, Naesala betrays himself. And throws in a little shade, for good measure.

That's a great idea, open space, ideal for a 3 mov flier ... even if the transformation didn't apply here. 

I'm curious if beasts will get own measures to reduce CD. No brave & Slaying yet ...

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Takumi and Sakura have to sit this sibling team out. Seliph and Julia take their place instead for a pretty comfortable clear. Seliph got to put his refine to good use and everyone pulled their weight.

Nice showcase of Seliphs new refine. 

Morgan doing the roadblock against two blue units was at least unusual. Congrats!

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

remember @mampfoid saying that he liked Roy so i'll tag him for this one. I thought a nerds vs Neasala run would be a little tricky with the team I picked, but that did't exactly turn out to be true. I did not expect Roy to basically butcher the whole team with ease.

Yeah, usually I have Roy's hair in my Avatar. I'm using Brave Roy a lot.

Cool how you made Roy nearly solo this map, congrats! 

Would he one-shot Naesala with Wrath?

55 minutes ago, Azuris said:

A new unit debut and more of Hector, what more could you ask for? That manakete did hurt, but I guess that is exactly what you wanted.

Nice clear, well done.

Thanks!

Yeah, my units need all the pain to be WoM beacons. Poor people. 

51 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

CYL Lucina has more power than I thought, and without her Prf to boot.  She'll make a good addition to your Galeforce army.   

I really slept on her. The SPD boon makes her the perfect user for Flashing Blade (not needed here).

SPD stacking is fun with her, she reaches 50 (with SPD+3 seal and SPD refine) before buffs. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Apparently this map is too easy according to people on Reddit but I had to tackle it with 3 teams before something worked. Don't know what they're smoking but overlapping attack ranges and unfriendly terrain is not what I call easy. There aren't really places units can retreat to unless you bring a refresher. When does LH!Azura come back again?

Cavalry and flier teams didn't go so well so I went with my new year TT team and that worked. 

@mampfoid Hopefully things are going well on your end with the one turn clear. 

Reveal hidden contents

I forgot to tag you, I'm really sorry! I copy & paste a list to my posts and edit everything to tags. Perhaps something went wrong there, you're definitely on the list.

Too bad the map gave your main team trouble, it's not very Cav friendly. 

Beautiful team, I bet you had fun with them in TTs. Fjorm tanks some big hits in the beginning, rest is cleanup. Congrats!

13 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I remembered this map when i played PoR! :)
i cleared it (I was expecting some quests or something to go along with it, interesting none)

Well With this map - I wanted to use Elincia. I wanted to change some units around for this round of"FlySquad" so i had @Landmaster choose. She picked Minerva. (who - I tend to always forget that I have). anyway.She picked Minerva, and I chose Eir instead of Nino.. So Elincia and her girls went to face off Naesala. I used the same team for all 3 versions, so i could get used to movement. (ie: i forgot the sword knight (so in Lunatic, Minerva would have died) Lol). in infernal i had a few false starts - then i realised that Elincia needed quickened pulse instead of Eir (Eir's been using it for AR battles), with it, easy as pie. 

Reveal hidden contents

I see Minerva, I like. Good job! I also liked Eir tanking the dragon and flying mage like it was nothing.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Infernal Naesala in one turn:

Nearly forgot to post my own video. First time BH!Lucina, I had fun with her in recent TTs (my blue unit for Flashing Blade seal). Was too lazy to try Raven after I had the clear ready with Cherche. 

Luncia's debut! It was great, really quick and smooth one-turn~ Looking forward to seeing her more, too~

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

As for my attempt:

Well timed shade~ Naesala (and other beasts) will be really good for Galeforce clears~ Nice work and I always love seeing Marth~

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

I thought Neasala would have a pretty challenging map, but this one was much easier then the Klein and Clarine battle from before.

I remember @mampfoid saying that he liked Roy so i'll tag him for this one. I thought a nerds vs Neasala run would be a little tricky with the team I picked, but that did't exactly turn out to be true. I did not expect Roy to basically butcher the whole team with ease.

First clear was nice, Seliph always impresses and it was cool how well the team worked together~

Roy clear was awesome, though~ Surprised he wasn't running Fury since he went on a total rampage~ That I wasn't expecting~ That Steady Breath Ignis was amazing to watch, great job!~

19 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I see Minerva, I like. Good job! I also liked Eir tanking the dragon and flying mage like it was nothing.

Bless high res! :) I just love how it's like "plink" "plink".if I get more Eirs she's regrettably fodder, and I thought i'd keep a good for for fly squad but the neutral copy is actually pretty darned good. Poor Minerva's been grounded a lot, but i have a team comp for her if this stupid game would comply and start being nice in regards to my summoning needs. :)