Is there anybody willing to create battle animations?

Giant Horseman

I'm currently making a rom hack and I'm not good enough to create a battle animation if my life depended on it, and honestly there's a lot to make as there's gonna be third tiers, and to be frank, few third tier animations exist. There's of course gonna be unique lord animations among other things. And since I can't make them myself that well, I'm in need of someone who can make them.

I thought there was an animation repository somewhere around here, but I don't know where it is.

You may be able to find some Tier 3 class animations there, but you'll definitely have to ask somebody to make these unique Lord animations for you.

I already found some T3 animations like Baron, Trueblade, Patriarch/Matriarch, but the others is a... well, I checked some of the animations in some of the repositories but couldn't find anymore T3. Also, do you know people who likes animations for people? I have rather ambitious ideas for the lords' animations, but having a whole T3 tree for them is understandably a lot to do.

If you're doing a three-tiered class system, you're not doing branching promotions at the same time, are you?  I think it would be best to do one or the other, but not both, because that can get very complicated very quickly.

I'd ask you to consider SRPG Studio, since it's a lot more flexible than hacking, but Tier 3 animations for that software are even harder to find.

No, not branching promotions, that would be incredibly destructive for my patience, hence why I went with Fe7 on FEBuilder.

I checked SRPG but to be frank, I'd rather do rom hacking than that. Even if it is less flexible or more difficult.

1 minute ago, Giant Horseman said:

No, not branching promotions, that would be incredibly destructive for my patience, hence why I went with Fe7 on FEBuilder.

I checked SRPG but to be frank, I'd rather do rom hacking than that. Even if it is less flexible or more difficult.

Okay.  When you said "tree" I thought you were going to attempt to merge the two systems.  I've seen a few class trees by people who did that and they're not very pretty to look at in my opinion.

Maybe as an alternative you could have the Tier 2 classes promote into SP versions with extra weapons (e.g. Knight wields Lances, General wields Lances and Axes, General+ wields all three Triangle weapons.)

I did think about using some FE8 classes to add to the T3 like WK for wyvern class, Rangers for nomads, but I'd rather not use Great Knights for the T3 so I'm trying to look for Gold knight animations and I want the horse to be more visible as I have some color palettes that have completely different colors for the horses rather than the usual light brown. 

I guess I should make a team and have a discord server for, which will probably be the best, but I don't even know what to call the title of the rom hack, and I haven't even made an actual chapter yet, so it's rather complicated. I'm also thinking of adding throwing swords for the game, but it also requires throwing sword animations. I guess I've really put myself into a rather big ambitious hole.

2 minutes ago, Giant Horseman said:

I guess I should make a team and have a discord server for, which will probably be the best, but I don't even know what to call the title of the rom hack, and I haven't even made an actual chapter yet, so it's rather complicated. I'm also thinking of adding throwing swords for the game, but it also requires throwing sword animations. I guess I've really put myself into a rather big ambitious hole.

You may have.  If there's one big advantage at all SRPG Studio has over hacking, it's that all the default Sword-wielding classes have proper throwing animations.  Conversely, there are no default animations for physical weapons that can cast magic (such as Wind Swords, Flame Lances, Bolt Axes).

Ah, well there's that I guess. It would be nice to know someone who likes to make animations. I know someone who makes portraits though I'm not sure if he is active right now. I guess I did make my own portrait of sorts

Cobra Portrait.png

2 minutes ago, Giant Horseman said:

Ah, well there's that I guess. It would be nice to know someone who likes to make animations. I know someone who makes portraits though I'm not sure if he is active right now. I guess I did make my own portrait of sorts

Cobra Portrait.png

If you're referring to Waleed, then yeah, as far as I can tell he's taking a break from portrait-making.

How do I input magic animations like apocalypse, gleipnir, naglfar, etc. into FE7 in FEBuilder? Sorry to bother you again after a decent amount of time, but I need to know as I'm kinda new to this thing, also do fe8 classes need to be AP imported to use in FE7, as I tried to replace a class with the Wyvern knight, and promoting WL to WK proved that the game glitched during promoting process