If Heroes did not exist, what you be doing now? If you could go back in time to two years ago, what would you tell youself about Heroes?

XRay

The second anniversary of Heroes is coming up!

So, what would you guys be doing if Heroes did not exist? What would you spend your time on? If you spent money, where would have your money went? Would you still be active on Serenes Forest?

I would probably be playing Fire Emblem Warriors on the Switch and collecting Cipher cards. I would have probably also bought an ROG GX800VH laptop and play Skyrim on it a lot. All those purchases would still cost me less than what Heroes costs me. I am not sure if I would be as active on Serenes Forest without Heroes though.

If you can go back in time to two years ago, what would you tell yourself about Heroes?

Despite my love for Heroes and all, I would tell myself to stay away from Heroes and spend my money on Cipher cards instead.

Edited by XRay

I'd probably be playing Pokemon GO a bit more often and playing my Switch more too. I do play Switch games a lot as is, but yeah.

And if I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to re-roll so I don't end up going a month before I get a single 5 star at all.

I love Fire Emblem so much I wouldn't avise myself to change a thing. 

The only time I've ever spent on on this game was when I bought the Black Knight special deal. Gacha games are clearly predatory but I'm able to enjoy it fine being f2p. By principle, I won't ever spend money on ridiculously pricy game currency knowing I could get full games for the same amount.

While I'd love to go on a rant about gacha games (I'll never play one that isn't Fire Emblem), I sadly must admit I'm glad whales exist for this one so that the game continues to release new Fire Emblem content. 

Edited by Vince777

If Heroes didn't exist I'd most likely be playing F/GO and doing my nth run of SoV/Pokémon White. 

If I could go back in time I'd tell myself to save all my orbs for Legendary and Christmas Eirika, those two are super hard to get. I'd also tell myself to start doing the Eirika solo videos sooner instead of wasting comments with stuff like "lulz Flier Emblem cheeses the map". 

About posting on Serenes...well, I created my account to talk about SoV but I'm not a genius tactician nor am I super versed in Fire Emblem lore outside of FE8 (and even then, I need to replay the game quite often or I'll end up forgetting a ton of details about it) and it was a bit intimidating trying to find something to talk about in the forums because everything from SoV was already discussed to death. It's kinda funny, due to FEH being like the most casual FE ever it gave me the chance of opening more easily and allowed me to show my undying devotion to Eirika. If FEH didn't exist I'd probably be more of a lurker and would post every once in a blue moon about why Three Houses has 0 info even if it's supposed to come this year.

I'd probably have invested more into Shadowverse, as that was my game of choice back when it came out in '16.

I would probably have more than just a good Swordcraft and Portalcraft for unlimited.

I'd also have better spent money on MTG.

Believe it or not, I probably wouldn't have even cared about phone app games in the first place without Heroes.

Sure I'd try one out from time to time, but I never got invested in one until Heroes came along.

I probably also wouldn't care about Fire Emblem as a whole as much, seeing as how before Heroes I only played Awakening, Fates, and maybe 3 or 4 chapters of Blazing Sword. I mean, Smash Bros is the reason I got into Fire Emblem in the first place, but Heroes is how I got more interested in the worlds of FE.

But what would I be doing if Heroes wasn't around...? Man I dunno, that'd be a lot of money I would have not spent though, so maybe my game library would have been larger. Or maybe I would have spent it all indulging my sweet tooth more, who knows... I definitely would probably not have developed my "don't regret anything, no matter the repercussions" mentality that I only formed because of Heroes though, or at least it wouldn't have developed as fast as it did...

And if I could go back and tell myself something about Heroes? I'd tell myself nothing, to be honest. I'd just tell stupid ol' me to not expect anything from Heroes, because whatever comes next will be anything except what I expect.

...yeah, I wouldn't stop myself from playing the game, or dumping thousands of USD into the game, or even what heroes will be coming next. Where would any fun be in spoiling everything to myself in such a way, after all...?

Edited by Xenomata

I was really into Pokémon GO before FEH, especially cause my job at the time was really boring and consisted of a lot of waiting so it helped me pass the boredom. This game took me away from GO completely for a while so if it didn't exist I would probably be playing GO more. And I'd have more time for other games too, as FEH sometimes keeps me occupied for multiple hours a day.

Despite all its problems I would still tell myself to get into the game as I did have a lot of fun with it these two years, it's only now that I'm sometimes thinking about quitting though getting a whole bunch of new units recently has changed that. What I would tell myself is to not spend money on the damn game. It hasn't gained me anything ever. Except the Black Knight pack, which I would still buy but I would keep the Black Knight for fodder instead of merging him. I didn't spend a lot of money on the game though, only like 30-40 euros total. If I hadn't spent it on this game it would still be sitting in my bank account really, there isn't anything I would've bought instead, sure as hell wouldn't spend money on GO.

I wouldn't be on Serenes I think, I really only post in the FEH section. I like the FE games but not enough to really actively talk about it. FEH gives new things everyday so enough to talk about for me to want to join a forums.

If Fire Emblem Heroes didn't exist I would probably be trying to beat games I have yet to finish like Octopath Traveler, Metroid Samus Return and the Ace Attorney games. I also probably wouldn't be so invested in the Fire Emblem series since I have only played the 3DS games and Heroes has introduced me to several interesting characters from the older games such as Tailtiu, LA'rachel, Olwen, Reinhardt, Raven and Klein. Plus characters like The Reinhardt and Nino would never gain such reputation and fame without Heroes.

If Fire Emblem Heroes didn’t exist I would definitely be spending my time playing way more on my switch or doing my nth run of OoT/MM/FE7. Actually, I don’t even think I’ve properly beaten any game ever since Heroes came out.

I would also probably get back to drawing since that’s another thing I haven’t done since Heroes.

As far as other mobile games go, I was never big on mobile gaming before Heroes with the only thing of interest being Grindblue Fantasy, which I only ever played in short spurts at a time before putting it down and picking it back up months later. Now I also have Dragalia Lost and I have an easier time playing that casually which makes it not nearly as time consuming as Heroes.

I probably would’ve stayed a lurker on Serenes or at least not joined when I did because Heroes was a big push to getting me to create my account.

If I could go back in time I don’t think I would’ve have changed anything. I, for the most part, enjoyed my time in Heroes and I’ve been completely f2p so it’s not like I made any terrible financial decisions with this game.

I will say I’m overall glad Heroes came into existence. I’ve never seen so much interest in Fire Emblem before but now there’s so much more fanart, discussion, content, about not just Awakening/Fates but the whole series in general and it makes me really happy to see Fire Emblem become more recognizable.

Heroes has been an absolute blessing. Honestly, if it didn't exist I probably wouldn't be active on SF at all anymore. I was already falling out before it happened, but Heroes gave me the will to talk on the Discord, and while I'm not all that active on site still, I'm at least around. It's probably the best thing for me that's come from FEH, save for the massive influx of art. I doubt I'd ever see this much art of my favorite characters if it wasn't for Heroes.

And I'd probably tell past me to just... save orbs all the way from the 1st Anniversary to September so I didn't end up dropping cash on that banner like I did.

If Heroes did not exist I'll go back to lucking on SF. Focusing more on other video games and my first year in college. Giving the option of going back to the back I'll give my younger self a comprehensive list of what will happen to Heroes in 2 years. So that I can save a great deal of money in the game, and being hailed as an oracle by the FEH community.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

If I where in a worldline where heroes didn't exist, I probably would not be active on these forums except when there was three houses news, as a result I wouldn't know a lot of my current online friends. I can say I'm glad it existed.

Wow. I'm not sure if I'd have even joined these forums. I spend most of my time here in the Heroes section. I probably wouldn't have joined Reddit either, wouldn't be playing Granblue on the side, and I definitely would know a lot less about the FE franchise. I don't think I would have ever tried Persona either. There are also a ton of conversations I've had with a friend about Heroes that I wouldn't have had. I don't really know what I'd be doing now tbh. I guess maybe playing Doctor Who Legacy on the go? Watching more short anime? I don't really know. Fortunately I've only put a very, very small and insignificant amount in Heroes. So... A few candy bars I guess?

I would tell past me about skill inheritance (to not send so many units home), probably to start the arena earlier, not merge units below 5 stars

Edited by Arcphoenix

Past me would probably have been better off, and present me wouldn't really care outside of not getting a random disappointment box in her inbox every two weeks.

I'd tell myself to not bother on spending for Tana, save the money for some other game. I'd have a lot more to say, but really, that's just passing the burden of my failing as a teacher onto a younger me that doesn't have the experience of failing as a teacher.

I'd be playing other games more, probably. Particularly MTG Arena, I think. I wouldn't have become active here again, aside from possibly for SOV and potentially Three Houses when it releases. Haven't spent any money, and I'm glad about that.

I'd tell myself not to stress about little details. In particular, feathers are plentiful enough that there's no need to worry about getting all of them, and even some orbs are more trouble than they're worth if they take a ton of grinding. Also, be more picky about which new characters to pull for, especially if demotions are a possibility. And for the love of god, snipe just one or two colors at a time. The math is not in favor of throwing orbs around haphazardly - that's another thing, figure out the summon math right from the start rather than waiting several months and wasting a bunch of orbs on bad pulls in the meantime.

I would probably have finished my 3DS backlog if Heroes was never around, and I would have started writing stories with the extra time.

As to what I would tell myself, reroll until you get Hector instead of going til this day without one, only snipe for characters you want or need but don't waste orbs on ones you don't care about and don't spend that Amazon gift card money (ended up being $75 which I know is nothing really but still) on Google play money for Heroes and buy some books you want instead.

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

As to what I would tell myself, reroll until you get Hector instead of going til this day without one, only snipe for characters you want or need but don't waste orbs on ones you don't care about and don't spend that Amazon gift card money (ended up being $75 which I know is nothing really but still) on Google play money for Heroes and buy some books you want instead.

Now that I think about it, I wish I did not summon Hector as my first 5* unit and it was with free Orbs too. I was so happy that I got him that I immediately bought the $39.99 Orb pack just to get that summoning thrill again, then another pack, and then another pack, and obviously another...

Maybe if I did not get Hector that day, I would not have pour all that money and effort into Heroes, and I would have a Switch (or two) and a new computer by now.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Now that I think about it, I wish I did not summon Hector as my first 5* unit and it was with free Orbs too. I was so happy that I got him that I immediately bought the $39.99 Orb pack just to get that summoning thrill again, then another pack, and then another pack, and obviously another...

Maybe if I did not get Hector that day, I would not have pour all that money and effort into Heroes, and I would have a Switch (or two) and a new computer by now.

You never know.  We all have our weakness and we have to work out how to live with them.

I would have probably finished more of my backlog of games. I'd probably not be as active here either, or as met as many nice people like I have through playing Heroes. Even though I've lurked the site since at least the Awakening days, I didn't even join until Heroes came out since I didn't feel like I had much to talk about with FE before then. I'm not one to replay games many times so there would be absolutely nothing FE-related for me to do these past couple years. At least in my case, Heroes has definitely done its job of keeping interest in FE while there's basically no info about the upcoming game still.

Only thing I'd change is tell myself to waste less money on the game, since hardly any of it ever amounted to getting something good anyway. Money has rarely been able to circumvent my often terrible luck, and while it's been expendable money most of it has just been a complete waste. If I could take back all the times where spending got me nothing I wanted, I'd save like 2/3 of the total amount I've spent on the game.

If FEH didn't exist, not too much would be different for me, but I really like the game so I suppose I'd be missing out on some fun!

If I got to go back in time and tell myself something about Heroes, I'd probably advise myself to STOP once I got past getting Young Tiki on the first Hero Fest banner, since Ryoma, while cool, was only my best sword infantry for a little while. Also, probably to save up for specific banners and Legendary Marth and Tiki.

Also, if I came in really early on, "Don't send your Hinatas, Selenas, Barsts or Shannas home! EVER!"

17 hours ago, XRay said:

The second anniversary of Heroes is coming up!

So, what would you guys be doing if Heroes did not exist? What would you spend your time on? If you spent money, where would have your money went? Would you still be active on Serenes Forest?

I would probably be playing Fire Emblem Warriors on the Switch and collecting Cipher cards. I would have probably also bought an ROG GX800VH laptop and play Skyrim on it a lot. All those purchases would still cost me less than what Heroes costs me. I am not sure if I would be as active on Serenes Forest without Heroes though.

If you can go back in time to two years ago, what would you tell yourself about Heroes?

Despite my love for Heroes and all, I would tell myself to stay away from Heroes and spend my money on Cipher cards instead.

playing more console games prolly. FEH is basicly the only other game besides Candy crush (sue me) that was ever installed on my Iphone. If i knew 2 years ago how heroes would change overtime i wouldnt have bothered with alot of untis and i prolly would have stayed away from the game. Though not because thy did everythign wrong. They did alot of right things, like Skill inheritance, Weapon forgery, seal forgery etc. But they also have done sooooooo much dumb and bad stuff: Arena BST stuff, Mythic heroes, Arena bonus unit kill, bold fighter, Dragon breath refine, list goes on. The max BST boosting of new units wouldnt bother me if it wouldnt affect the Arena constantly -_-