If Heroes did not exist, what you be doing now? If you could go back in time to two years ago, what would you tell youself about Heroes?

XRay

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

The max BST boosting of new units wouldnt bother me if it wouldnt affect the Arena constantly

I was fine with boosting BST of certain units since ranged units, especially cavalry, were overpowered at the time, but with the release of Trenches, nerfing cavalry's BST became entirely pointless and the release of VS!Azura made ranged fliers stupidly overpowered and threw balance out the window.

Edited by XRay

If I never picked up Heroes, I would have a house by now. Instead, this is the year I pay off the debt I rang up with this game as I hope for dud banners so I can finish off the +10 projects I started before going minnow.

Do I regret it? On one hand, I squandered my greatest advantage (zero student debt). On the other hand, is it that different from other forms of a luxury consumption lifestyle - nightlife or travel, where you have no physical remainders of the fact?

Nothing much would change really. Sure, I put a lot of hours into FEH when I was active, but to a large extent, that time was "dead time" anyway - idle periods at work where I'd just be randomly surfing the internet anyway, multitasking at home while watching some sports on the TV, time spent sitting on the loo, etc. Maybe I'd get to go to bed 15-30 minutes earlier without having to do some last minute arena or quests. FEH didn't really impact the time I spent playing other games, so I can't say I'd have been playing anything else as a result. I'm not the slightest bit tempted to start any other mobile games because I have zero investment in their source material.

I'd be the equivalent of $100-ish USD richer but that's not important, although I suppose I would tell the me of two years ago not to spend it. FEH also accelerated my decision to finally buy a smartphone, which I did about half a year after the game launched, but I suspect I would have eventually relented and bought a smartphone anyway in due time.

EDIT: I suppose the overall conduct of the developers lately does also have some impact on my long-term perception of IS/Nintendo as a company. I mean, deep down I'd have known already that they're a company like any other, but some of the more cynical practices employed by the gacha kind of brings the negative perceptions to the forefront. However, aside from opting against subscribing to the Switch online service, this will realistically barely affect my purchasing decisions in the future.

Edited by Humanoid

"Believe it or not, Skill inheritance will not only avoid breaking the game, but will instead make the game."

Yeah, I don't really have much advice for my past self when I inadvertently made a lot of great decisions with my resources in the long run. My most tangible mistake was getting baited by a high pity rate on the very first Hero Fest. All four units were at the top of the meta, at least for a F2P, and I would be happy with any one of them since I figured banners like that wouldn't occur more than twice a year (Golden Week and maybe Christmas). It wasn't just Hero Fests that returned, but the Legendary Banners that started to dominate my orbs spending. Anyway I spent twenty USD on that Hero Fest and if I didn't do it I'd probably have spent that on Fire Emblem Echoes DLC, which is also overpriced and not worth it. Alternatively, if you put those twenty dollars in my hand right now, I'd probably put it towards No More Heroes: Travis Strikes again, since I already have two games ordered for this month and can't seem to justify the money for this third one

If FEH didn't exist, I'd probably have more time playing FE Warriors. I'd also may or may not fool around with Awakening once more (since Awakening pretty much did FEH before it was cool in its Einherjar legacy characters - and a character only had at most 3 alts in that game due to Marth having DLC, FE1/11, and FE3/12 variants).

I don't really care much for mobile games aside from FEH aside from dabbling in other Nintendo mobile apps that give out Platinum points. Even then, there's very little incentive to stockpile in specialty Platinum points nowadays.

I've played this game every day without fail since launch.  It's hard to imagine what I'd be doing right now had it never been released.  I would probably just be playing other (non-mobile) games and reading more. 

As for what advice I would give my early 2017 self...the big thing would be that no matter how tempting it gets, don't start spending money.  It's easy to justify a "just this once" purchase.  Not so easy to stop justifying more.  Especially don't throw money at the game trying to fix a bad bane.  I would also recommend being more careful about how I spent my orbs.  I threw many orbs pulling on banners featuring characters from the 3-4* pool (ex. I saved orbs so I could pull for Nino on the Battling Ursula banner) that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Edited by DLNarshen
wrong GHB

43 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I threw many orbs pulling on banners featuring characters from the 3-4* pool (ex. I saved orbs so I could pull for Nino on the Battling Ursula banner) that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, I think this is really important. It made more sense to summon characters from the 3* and 4* pool when the game was new as Feathers were in short supply, but now that we have an abundance of Feathers, it does not really make sense to summon for Heroes that are in the lower rarity pools since you will get them as fodder anyways when you color snipe. I tried summoning Reyson in the current Focus since I really wanted him, but I got pity broken twice and I now wish I saved those Orbs instead.