How will they handle unit-reviving staves?

Gregster101

This has sort of been something that's been on my mind for a while, but I was curious, how would they handle unit reviving staves such as the Aum, Valkyrie, and Bifrost staves if someone like Elice or Claude were ever added? Would they revive the fallen unit in the same battle or in a Tempest Trial run or what? I'm just really curious as to how they would handle these staves if someone was added with them. What do you guys think?

The easiest thing would be to make the revive a Special, as application of guaranteed Miracle to the healed target. To make it good, make it restore 50% of max HP as well.

If they wanted to make one offensively oriented too, this idea happened to pop into my head:

• "When Special is charged and this unit engages in combat, if the enemy’s current HP <= 50% of their max, this unit’s next hit will kill the enemy regardless of the damage this unit would deal. However, the Special cooldown is reset."

This, a skill on the weapon and not in the Special slot, would be the closest thing I think we could get to an insta-kill. The idea being the resurrection staff both restores life, and painlessly reaps it away- but not of those who are hale and hearty, only the weak.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I personally think they'll just give them a Miracle sort of effect if they see fit to give them those Staves (they could just give them alternate weapons entirely)~ I don't see them ever adding actual reviving Staves in Heroes~

I think it'll be a status effect from the weapons when using an assist lasting 1 turn. If you die you revive, but with 1 HP or something and only works once per unit

8 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

"enemy-only"

And revived enemies got Embla's Ward on their Sacred Seal slot.

FEH is designed to be played with swipe-motions, so I don't know if they'd be able to figure a fluid way of letting you select which ally to revive if 2 or more are KO'd, so I don't think this would happen from that technical perspective alone. Maybe I'm just being too shortsighted though.