The 10 characters most deserving to be added

GrandeRampel

I had a random idea. This game is at its core a fanboy wet-dream of seeing all the memorable heroes from FE fight together. Ideally you would want all the characters to get in at some point, or ar least your favorites. But if you knew that the game was shutting down, and only ten characters were left to add, and you had the job of selecting those last characters, who would you choose to fill in the gaps of characters who absolutely need to get in the game for it to be considered "complete"?

To explain myself better: who are the 10 heroes whose absence from the game makes you scratch your head? Because they are so important to their home games, so well known, and so beloved that you cannot accept that the game will end before they get in.

But there's a catch, even if a character is popular, it's not enough. Because if we are talking popularity we can just look at CYL2 and make the list. Sometimes the most important characters are not the most popular, and in this case IMPORTANCE to the plot, SCREENTIME and UNIQUENESS are the main focus. Being also popular is just a bonus.

For example Shinon is an extremely popular character, mainly because of how good a unit he is. But being OP doesn't make him more important than royals or characters with an active role in the story. Oliver is unironically a better fit for this list (if he wasn't already in the game) just because he happens to be plot relevant in perhaps the most memorable part of PoR. 

And I'm not making those rules just to screw over your favorite characters, Shinon fans, because my faves are in a worse position (RIP Tanith and Fiona screentime), I'm just trying to make things interesting by throwing out popularity and personal preferences, which are the things we mostly rely on when making lists of who we want to see added.

With that said, before i make my top 10, I will say a few things.

- It will not contain alternates of already existing characters. We would all love a Zelgius with the red armor, or an Hardin from SD, and let's not even talk about regular versions for Severa, Inigo and Noire. But you must be crazy to put either of them above very important characters that are missing from the game in any form.

- It will contain no Fates characters. Being the better represented game, FE14 already has all the characters who I would call important, especially considering that all the children are not important in this game story. I can see a case for Anankos, Rinkah and Lilith being the more important Heroes from Fates missing, but it doesn't change the facts. This game has enough representation in the context of only 10 new heroes remaining.

-It will contain no characters from Elibe. I can already hear people booing at me. But despite FE6 adding only Klein since launch, the units that were there at launch were a nice selection. Honestly this comes down to my opinion, and it will be interesting to see if other people will save a slot for Marcus, Nergal, Nils, Murdock, Athos or Idunn, but I chose to give the much limited space to other games that in my opinion were missing more vital members of the cast compared to Elibe.

- It will contain no characters from Magvel. This is pretty much a repeat of Elibe, but I'm sure some people will argue that at least Duessel is so important that it will get a spot on their list.

-It will contain no characters from Thracia 776. Let me explain myself. In this case it's not that the game has enough representation. It has so little representation, that you could make an entire list with only Thracia characters that are very relevant in that game. But since I know almost nothing about that game I prefer to leave the job to other people who actually played the game and know what they are talking about. So I invite the members who played that game to make a special top 5 list for that game alone, separeted from the top 10 with all the other games. It will be interesting for me to discover which characters from Thracia are actually more relevant than others.

Without further ado, this is the list I came up with:

10. Rudolf from FE2/15. Honestly Valentia was almost excluded from this list, because of the many characters we already got in Heroes, but without the main villain, you can't say that the game is already represented enough. Rudolf was a character we knew about since the beginning, and he was the big bad for most of the game, before the plot twists. Some will say that Validar and Nergal are in a similar position for being the big bad and appearing early and often in the plot, but the difference here is that Rudolf also brings with him his entire archetype of the evil emperor, while their archetype already has its originator in the form of Gharnef. Also their games have a lot of memorable villains, while Valentia only has Jedah and Duma who objectively speaking should not be in the gane before him. Also Duma should really not get in before Medeus, who was the OG Dark Dragon or Idunn and Dheginsea who are way more interesting. And all three of them I also deemed unworthy of this list.

9. Shannan from FE4. I have not much to say. As the wielder of an Holy Weapon and a pretty important character who appeared in both generations he feels like a no brainer.

8. Emmeryn from FE13. Oh boy here comes the unpopular opinion. I feel like someone will want to kill me with all the characters I rejected just to give this spot to Emm. But honestly even if she is (mostly) an NPC the importance the plot of Awakening gives to her is undeniable. Of all the Awakening characters missing she is the most crucial to the plot, and very memorable. So memorable they tried to make her all over again in Fates but they failed.

7. Xane from Archanea. I talked about uniqueness before, and I consider it to be the second most important aspect for this list after plot importance. Just like a lot of people wanted Beast units to get in without naming a particular contender because of what beasts brought to the table, I feel like Xane deserves a spot entirely because of the unique things he brings to the table. I can see people making a similar argument for Jake and what a Ballistician would bring to the table, but I decided Xane was the better choice IMHO.

6. Brigid from FE4. I will be honest. Having all the holy weapons in Heroes was one of the things I thought the game needs to be complete. But with only ten slots it's impossible. Some holy weapons will be left out. So what makes Brigid and her bow more important than say Coirpre, or Claud with their staff? With Shannan I made an argument about how appearing in two generations gives you more screentime and logically more relevance. But forget about two generations. How about appearing in two different GAMES? That's right, even I know about that detail and I know nothing about Thracia. That's why she has a spot in this list and is higher than Shannan. I know that having an Holy Weapon and screentime doesn't automatically means you are the most important to the plot, but I had to start from somewhere.

5. Ashnard from Tellius. This one is another no brainer. Not only was he the main villain of PoR since the beginning. He is also a rare case of the main villain being also the final boss, instead of pulling a surprise dragon/god. And if that wasn't enough he manages to be extremelly relevant in RD despite being dead. Seriously, his name gets brought up so many times in RD and a major part of the plot is dedicated to his family. You must be mad or biased to think the Mad King of Daein doesn't deserve to be in FEH asap.

4. Jill from Tellius. I have strong feelings about this position. And I will fight people over it. Jill is not only one of the more unique characters in Tellius, she is extremely unique in general, and her character arc is one of the details that make PoR really shine. Now that laguz are in the game, it makes sense to bring along beorc that have strong connections to them. Since the main theme of Tellius was all about racism and how the two different races interact. And while Zihark and Tormod are good choices, they aren't "necessary" in a sense. They are beorc that are friends with laguz. But we already have Ike who is friendly with laguz, and we have Elincia and Sanaki who are royals who don't hate them. On the opposite side we have Shinon who could be the token laguz hater, but we already have Soren who is kinda the same thing. But Jill? Jill is completely unique as the one character who initially hates laguz, but then comes to understand them and change herself for the better. She is also a perfect foil for Lethe who really should come in the same banner as her and isn't on my list only because choices had to be made. Also I will take this chance to show how popularity has no place here. Haar is more popular than Jill. But it's because he is an absolute god of destruction. Let's say he was a mediocre unit. Can you tell me with a straight face that he would be as popular as he is with only his role in the plot... and his personality and all his realationships... with other characters such as Jill and... Tanith and... you know people... that he knows......... Yeah, I didn't think so.

3. Ranulf from Tellius. Wow the third Tellius Hero in a row. It's almost as the game is underepresented or something. I personally disagree with those that say Ranulf is the most important laguz. That role belongs to Reyson. But in second place? Yeah it's Ranulf, no contest. Also those that say Kurthnaga is even close to being the most important laguz are delusional. I love Kurt too, but come on guys. The dragons were underutilized and all their stuff was rushed at the end of RD. They can't even compare with the other tribes besides maybe the wolves. You could literally cut all the dragon laguz except Ena, Nasir, Almeda and Rajaion and nothing substantial would be lost. That's just my opinion, but Tellius was the low point for dragons relevance in the story. Okay, the actual lowest point was Fates in which you sometimes you may even forget you are a dragon, but still. And to all the Dheginsea fans. Try to mention a single thing he did in the games besides being an epic boss fight. 

2. Nyna from Archanea. The entire plot of Mystery happens because of her. And she GIVES the first Fire Emblem to Marth. Plus she is linked to two characters who are arguably the most important and famous characters of the Marth games, Camus and Hardin. She would be first if it wasn't for...

1. Altena from Genealogy. I will say nothing. Those who know her know that she is Corrin but done right. And the entire storyline with her and Travant is one of the highlights of the plot which is saying something when the plot is already known for being the best in the series.

And this is the top 10 I came up with. Even if I tried to be objective and not consider my personal preferences, it's almost impossible to be 100% unbiased. In the end it all came down to what I believed was objective, so it will be interesting to see what you guys can come up with. Just remember, popularity, being a good unit or boss, or having a design and personality that appeals to you personally aren't things to consider. Instead plot relevance, being impossible to cut from the game of origin without making it worse and being unique are important factors.

And more important than everything, don't shit on other people opinions. Which is something I kinda did when i said Dragons are almost useless in Tellius, so... don't be like me guys.

Edited by GrandeRampel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, the only "plot relevant" character I personally think unbiasedly deserves to be added in that kind of case is Kris, and even then, most people don't find Kris that important~

If I were to actually name 10 characters, other than Kris, they would probably just be my personal faves besides some like Lugh, Deen, and Luthier

A vast majority of my ten most wanted would be Tellius characters for obvious reasons. :P

1. Kieran

2. Ranulf

3. Marcia

4. Boyd

5. Shinon

6. Rhys

7. Gatrie

8. Rolf

9. Sain

10. Jill/Haar ( I like both equally)

But I admit maybe not all of these are the most deserving right now. I do believe Tellius is the most underrepresented though.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there's no one allowed from the GBA games, Thracia, or Fates. Ok, let's see what I can do. My 10 isn't in Top 10 order, but in order they appeared.

1. Astram- Since Jeorge (Parthia) and Camoo (Gradvius) are in the game, we only have one regalia left, the Mercurius. Since the sword is most associated with Astram, I think he's a good contender to be added.

2. Phina- the first dancer in FE history and arguably the only true "combat dancer". IIRC she's in the Top 5 Mystery characters not yet added into the game. Although she's not really story relevant, it's sad that we have so many refreshers in the game but the OG refresher isn't in yet. She has strong ties to Navarre as well, and it could be funny if she was included in a banner with Samto where she confuses Samto for Navarre and shenanigans between the two ensue. She has fun dialogue, and I can totally see her playing pranks or giving fashion advice to the summoner.

3. Shannan- He's important in both generations and is highly requested. Plus he wield Balmung, so he already has a powerful weapon to keep him 5 stars. It should really add SPD. Plus, I want to see how he would look.

4. Patty- Another character that isn't necessarily story-relevant, but she is pretty popular. IIRC, she's the most popular Gen 2 female other than Julia in Japan. She's a well-liked character and can be included with another character I'll mention in this list. She could be the first sleep sword/dagger user, which can be interesting. Seeing more status effects in FEH can be meta-changing. She has a lot of fun dialogue, which FEH can use for her.

5. Ced- He's important in both FE4 and FE5, making him someone deserving to be added into the game. He could have Forseti like Lewyn, but I'm not sure how much they'll change it. He could also wield Lightning (?) as well. Many fanboys would whale for him.

6. Ranulf- He's important in both games he's in, he has a close connection to Ike, and now that there are Beast units, I see no reason to hold him back. Ranulf deserves his chance in the sunlight too.

7. Jill- She's very popular and it's been a while since we've gotten a proper wyvern unit. 

8. Skrimir- Since beasts are in, let's add more. This time we have Skrimir, who's awesome and a lion. He's a major player in Radiant Dawn, and I feel like his lines would be amusing since he also has a lot of fun dialogue.

9.  Flavia- She's a major player in Awakening. Even though she's Spotpass-only, she does have a lot of relevance. We don't get too many "tomboy" female units, especially lately, so it would be a nice change of pace.

10. Basilio- He's Flavia's counterpart and has a big personality. Plus he's needed for Pec Emblem. But seriously, he's important to the story and I think his dialogue would be interesting.

Honorable mentions: Arran, Midia, Xane, Edain, Brigid, Tine, Lethe, Tauroneo, Haar, Say'ri, Rinea, and Rudolf.

In no particular order: 

Jedah
Nergal
Ashnard
Caineghis, Dheginsea; to have all the laguz monarchs (and also each laguz kingdom) represented
Sephiran
Gangrel
Panne, Kaden, Keaton; to have all the non-laguz beast shifters represented

Sorry that I'd didn't do a very good job at hiding my Tellius bias and my Archanea anti-bias.

I don't like being limited in my options, but I don't like having too many, either, so I guess a balance has been struck. The resulting list is in no particular order.

1. Oifey is one of my favorites from Genealogy, and to see him Heroes would be cool. His reason for getting in is the same as Shannan's (minus the holy weapon).
  2. We have Oscar, so we might as well add Boyd.
  3. Edward because salad bowl Caladbolg.
  4. Ranulf because beast unit.
  5. Panne/Yarne because beast unit(s).
  6. Lex because axe cavalier.
  7. Brigid/Febail for the permanent summoning pool blue bow.
  8. It would be cool to see Griel.
  9. Rowan/Lianna to piss people off.
  10. Xane is a really cool idea for a character, so I wonder how he would be worked into the game, if at all.

14 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there's no one allowed from the GBA games, Thracia, or Fates. Ok, let's see what I can do. My 10 isn't in Top 10 order, but in order they appeared.

1. Astram- Since Jeorge (Parthia) and Camoo (Gradvius) are in the game, we only have one regalia left, the Mercurius. Since the sword is most associated with Astram, I think he's a good contender to be added.

2. Phina- the first dancer in FE history and arguably the only true "combat dancer". IIRC she's in the Top 5 Mystery characters not yet added into the game. Although she's not really story relevant, it's sad that we have so many refreshers in the game but the OG refresher isn't in yet. She has strong ties to Navarre as well, and it could be funny if she was included in a banner with Samto where she confuses Samto for Navarre and shenanigans between the two ensue. She has fun dialogue, and I can totally see her playing pranks or giving fashion advice to the summoner.

3. Shannan- He's important in both generations and is highly requested. Plus he wield Balmung, so he already has a powerful weapon to keep him 5 stars. It should really add SPD. Plus, I want to see how he would look.

4. Patty- Another character that isn't necessarily story-relevant, but she is pretty popular. IIRC, she's the most popular Gen 2 female other than Julia in Japan. She's a well-liked character and can be included with another character I'll mention in this list. She could be the first sleep sword/dagger user, which can be interesting. Seeing more status effects in FEH can be meta-changing. She has a lot of fun dialogue, which FEH can use for her.

5. Ced- He's important in both FE4 and FE5, making him someone deserving to be added into the game. He could have Forseti like Lewyn, but I'm not sure how much they'll change it. He could also wield Lightning (?) as well. Many fanboys would whale for him.

6. Ranulf- He's important in both games he's in, he has a close connection to Ike, and now that there are Beast units, I see no reason to hold him back. Ranulf deserves his chance in the sunlight too.

7. Jill- She's very popular and it's been a while since we've gotten a proper wyvern unit. 

8. Skrimir- Since beasts are in, let's add more. This time we have Skrimir, who's awesome and a lion. He's a major player in Radiant Dawn, and I feel like his lines would be amusing since he also has a lot of fun dialogue.

9.  Flavia- She's a major player in Awakening. Even though she's Spotpass-only, she does have a lot of relevance. We don't get too many "tomboy" female units, especially lately, so it would be a nice change of pace.

10. Basilio- He's Flavia's counterpart and has a big personality. Plus he's needed for Pec Emblem. But seriously, he's important to the story and I think his dialogue would be interesting.

Honorable mentions: Arran, Midia, Xane, Edain, Brigid, Tine, Lethe, Tauroneo, Haar, Say'ri, Rinea, and Rudolf.

You have both Jill and Patty on here, I love you already :P Also btw, Flavia isn't Spotpass only, she's recruited in the main story

Edited by Gregster101

Deserve is a bit too strong a word for me, after all I don't think there's any character that is above others when it comes to getting a spot in Heroes. That's just my opinion, though.

Now, for characters I'd like (excluding alts because I love them as long as they're not as lazy as Swordhardt/Green Olwen):

• Brigid. Yes Brigid, not Eyvel. I want her to be a super OP archer, I love her pirate Robin Hood story and having her with Yewfelle would be awesome! Eyvel would be just another boring sword to throw into the already bloated sword pool. 
  • Ross. More axe units is always good and I'd like to see what IS would do with his hatchet. 
  • Saleh. Not a very popular character but one that I've always liked. I'd like to know more about him and see if he'd be good in Heroes (even if he isn't, I'd still use him). 
  • Erynis. I really want her to get a redesign, right now she looks too much like Palla. Having Lewyn canon wife is also a plus although I don't have him
  • Lyre. For the memes and I'd like her to get the Karla treatment to see people drown in salt. 
  • Astrid. Bow horses are rare and I'd like to see her with an updated design. Just use the PoR version please, I don't like what they did to her in RD. 
  • Volke. Someone needs to bring the Baselard into Heroes and who's better than the best assassin in PoR/RD. 
  • Sue. I'm praying she'll be in the upcoming FE6 banner (and I'm pretty sure she'll be in, she's unique and can be sold as waifu bait if IS desires so), bow cavs are rare and I like her a lot. 
  • Gonzalez. People loved Helbindi so they'll absolutely adore the original version. Such a great guy. 
  • Lena. Now, I'd also like Julian to be in the same banner as her because they should absolutely come as a pair (colorless hell be damned) but I prefer her a bit more because she was invaluable when I played FE10 when it came to "SCREW YOU GHARNEF" moments.

Remember, the "no FE5/6/7/8/14 characters" thing is just OP talking about his own list, not a rule for anyone else to follow.

I'm also going to decline to downplay popularity as much as OP.

1. Sephiran
  2. Ashnard
  3. Ranulf
  4. Haar
  5. Kurthnaga
  6. Caineghis
  7. Nergal
  8. Travant
  9. Mareeta
  10. Ced

Order is somewhat arbitrary past the top 3.

Edited by Othin

38 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You have both Jill and Patty on here, I love you already :P

As popular as they are, it's hard to make a list without them. Plus, I'll admit I had some... personal bias in that decision. But their lines in Heroes would be rather entertaining, IMO.

Characters I would like to see:

1. Jill - One of the most developed characters in Path of Radiance, was always one of my favorite units to use.

2. llyana - Hilarious, I always enjoyed her supports talking about her unending hunger, would love to see her in game. 

3. Silque - quiet, kind, and really got the shaft by only having supports with Faye who hates her. Would love to see more of her.

4. Dussell - we don't get many older characters get added, I enjoyed his supports with Amelia.

5. Erk - If only to make him endure more suffering from Serra, what a wonderful couple.

6. Boyd - he was always fun to have around, I remember being certainly surprised when it was revealed you could marry Mist to him.

7. Pelleas - had a soft spot for him in Radiant Dawn,(though I never actually got the ending where he gets to live).

8. Cynthia - Her duo with Owain was enjoyable, last of the children I care about. 

9. Maurim - Bring on the beast, he was my favorite big cat type laguz to use. 

10. Toss up between Patty/Tine - I haven't played the game, but I love both their character designs and am interested in seeing more of them. 

7 minutes ago, Gale of Wind said:

Characters I would like to see:

1. Jill - One of the most developed characters in Path of Radiance, was always one of my favorite units to use.

2. llyana - Hilarious, I always enjoyed her supports talking about her unending hunger, would love to see her in game. 

3. Silque - quiet, kind, and really got the shaft by only having supports with Faye who hates her. Would love to see more of her.

4. Dussell - we don't get many older characters get added, I enjoyed his supports with Amelia.

5. Erk - If only to make him endure more suffering from Serra, what a wonderful couple.

6. Boyd - he was always fun to have around, I remember being certainly surprised when it was revealed you could marry Mist to him.

7. Pelleas - had a soft spot for him in Radiant Dawn,(though I never actually got the ending where he gets to live).

8. Cynthia - Her duo with Owain was enjoyable, last of the children I care about. 

9. Maurim - Bring on the beast, he was my favorite big cat type laguz to use. 

10. Toss up between Patty/Tine - I haven't played the game, but I love both their character designs and am interested in seeing more of them. 

I love you now too XP

10: Isadora
I was pretty neutral on her for the longest time, honestly. But Isadora has quickly become a character I really like and would love to see.

9: Erinys
Lewyn's CANONICAL wife. Sigurd got his wife (and so did Arvis, HEY-OH!), Marth got his, and of course Alm and Celica are together. Give Lewyn his dear Erinys.

8: Fiora
Florina needs her confident older sister. Plus Fiora was Cordelia before Cordelia was Cordelia, as far as the whole "lose your squadron and go suicidal" thing goes. Put her in, IS.

7: Gregor
Why so dismissive of Gregor, IS? Gregor SMASH!

6: Caineghis
You can't have the hawk king, the wolf queen, and the raven king, but then NOT have The Lion King (copyright Disney 199-whatever)!

5: Elice
Um excuse me but WHERE is Marth's SISTER?

4: Thea
Klein's waifu (don'tyoudareinsultmyheadcanonheathens), and the only notable flying unit in FE6 not named Shanna or Melady. And by "notable" I mean "hey she's a good unit to use, use her!"

3: Heath
Green skunk hair.

2: Azelle
He may not be as popular as Lex, but Azelle is Arvis's younger bro. He's certainly more notable than Naoise or Alec, or even Dew honestly. Of all the male Gen 1 FE4 characters, Azelle deserves it the most. Even over Lex.

1: Brom
Nephenee without Brom is kinda weird since they're ALWAYS together in the story moments; the jailbreak in FE9, their introduction in FE10. But ya know Nephenee has boobs so Brom is always overlooked and unfairly pushed to the side. How lame is that. He could easily go along with Kieran, Marcia, or another Crimean character since Nephenee was once again favored. Just do it, IS. Just do it.

Okay despite my joking with a lot of these, I think these are the 10 characters I'd want the most. Honorable mentions to Edain, Dew, Patty, Arthur, Perceval, Sue, Wil, Sain, Rath, Gerik, Natasha, Cynthia, and Benny.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I will only pick characters from FE6-FE10 since those are the games I've played. Also, I'll try to be unbiased instead of choosing the top 10 characters I personally want. 

FE6: Milady and Guinivere are like one of the few characters that actually develop and have some semblance of a character arc. Guinevere in particular is very plot important and has a strong connection to Zephiel and Roy so she's a must despite never being playable in the main story. Milady being her right hand woman seems like a good option as well considering we could use more wyvern riders in the summoning pool.  

FE7: I'd say Kent and Sain are an iconic duo due to showing up rather early in the game so it's weird that Florina and Lyn were present since the beginning but these two were never added.

FE8: Cormag and Duessel seem like good fits. They both change sides and go through some conflict in doing so making them compelling characters. There is a huge lack of old men and Duessel is a high ranking Grado general and also pretty plot relevant. Cormag adds more wyvern riders which have been shafted in Heroes for some reason. 

FE9: Ashnard is a must because once again he's a wyvern rider and he's also the main villain of the game. PoR still doesn't have a GHB and Ashnard will be a great fit. Jill is arguably the best developed PoR character and pretty popular to boot so she's a must have.

FE10: Pelleas is Daein's version of Elincia and he's one of the few RD exclusive characters to get a substantial amount of character development and plot relevance. Just like Ike and Elincia go hand in hand, so do Micaiah and Pelleas. Skrimir also goes through a good amount of character development and we need more beast laguz since we only have Nailah. Gallia needs more representation and Skrimir is the most plot relevant Gallian in RD. 

So I'm leaving out the important beast units because I feel they are just around the corner. I'll give a lot of love to Archanea as I feel it is tragic that the first continent lacks so many of it's most plot-central characters still. My top 10 would be:

10) Sonia
9) Mareeta
8) Kris  (he's getting Mercurius, btw. Astram is not getting into Heroes)
7) Julian
6) Nah
5) Jill
4) Altena
3) Haar
2) Coyote Hardin
1) Nyna

Edited by Vince777

I feel like this turned into "my 10 most wanted" really fast.

Most deserving, imo, are (in no order):

Ashnard: One of the more well liked villains, is a sword wyvern, would probably be a tanky flier which isn't too common.

Jill: Very popular and generally considered one of the better written FE characters.

Sephiran: Important in two games and generally considered a good character.

Medeus: Now that Gharnef is in, it's only fair if the dragon that started it all also makes it.

Nyna: She's probably the biggest Archanea character still not in Heroes, and since she's important in both games it feels unfair to exclude her.

Nils: Ninian is more important to Elibe, but you can't have one without the other. Plus, I feel like he's important to include for the western fans that started with FE7.

Sonia: May be odd to choose her over Nergal, but I feel she was the most iconic villain in the first game to hit the West.

Emmeryn: One of the most important Awakening characters left.

Flavia: See above.

Basilio: See above.

My 10 most wanted would be very different and much more skewed towards Tellius.

I'm legit baffled neither version of Marcus is in the game yet. He's important and close to the lord in both FE6 and FE7. We have almost every other of his archetype (Jagen, Frederick, Seth, Gunter, Finn, Titania) already in. I wonder if he's finally showing up in the March FE6 banner.

From Jugdral I think we have everyone important from FE4, but FE5 is missing some distinct faces. Mareeta is the most obvious one, and I think a safe bet for whenever the next Thracia banner is. But mark my words: Mareeta is going to bring powercreep to a whole new level. Dunno how exactly, but probably a ridiculous Prf weapon along with Swift Sparrow 3 or some shit. I'll also add Sara and Linoan, probably along a Veld GHB.

Geoffrey and Lucia from Tellius are quite overdue and the only ones from that continent I really want to see. Bonus points if we get short hair Lucia.

And Cynthia. CYNTHIA! Where is she?!

And finally regular Charlotte and my bro Benny. And he better be drawn by Ippei.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Nephenee without Brom is kinda weird since they're ALWAYS together in the story moments; the jailbreak in FE9, their introduction in FE10. But ya know Nephenee has boobs so Brom is always overlooked and unfairly pushed to the side. How lame is that. He could easily go along with Kieran, Marcia, or another Crimean character since Nephenee was once again favored. Just do it, IS. Just do it.

Nephenee is also pretty popular, unlike Brom. Heck, Brom isn't even the most important/notable of his class in Tellius since Gatrie exists. Gatrie is the first Tellius armor you ever get to use if you start with PoR, and he's a member of the Greil Mercs who are the most iconic Tellius group. Sorry, but while Brom is alright, I'd 100% expect Gatrie to get in first.

I'd prefer Tauroneo too. He was really neat. I don't dislike Brom, I just happened to like the other armors more.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

5: Elice
Um excuse me but WHERE is Marth's SISTER?

She has always been a latecomer in joining (understatement). Which combined with Archanea's dearth of characterization for many, has denied her the attention she deserves for such a powerful familial relation. I give my pity to her (and pity will return the favor with someone completely different).

As for who deserves entry, that is something that should be objective, but in practice has a significant subjective element, and depends on your criterion. Plot, popularity, gameplay novelty (aka my "account for a canonical horse cav!") are all among them. I'm too indecisive to offer anything, and I'd basically echo others.

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I feel like this turned into "my 10 most wanted" really fast.

That's kinda what it was from the very beginning, with all the descriptions, "rules," and such the OP gave (whether it was for themselves or not).

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Nephenee is also pretty popular, unlike Brom. Heck, Brom isn't even the most important/notable of his class in Tellius since Gatrie exists. Gatrie is the first Tellius armor you ever get to use if you start with PoR, and he's a member of the Greil Mercs who are the most iconic Tellius group. Sorry, but while Brom is alright, I'd 100% expect Gatrie to get in first.

I'd prefer Tauroneo too. He was really neat. I don't dislike Brom, I just happened to like the other armors more.

I really wish people would stop telling me this over and over again.

Kris, Mark, Priam, Lianna, Rowan, Risen King Chrom, Edelgard, Naga, Itsuki Aoi / Mirage Chrom, and someone else.

Kirs and Mark: The two missing self-inserts to complete the set pack 'nuff said.

Priam: One thing Heroes gave us was the potential to learn much more about characters than we got to see in their home games. Look at the Level 40 dialogue of the two Grimas for example. I want to know more about Priam. I also want to see him interacting with characters besides Robin to hopefully learn more about him.

Rowan and Lianna: Warriors exists. Other than TMS #FE (I am just now realizing that TMS is reverse of SMT. Huh.). Not to mention, I'd love to see Askr Trio interact with their Warriors equivalents in a Forging Bonds event (if this wasn't limited, Warriors Anna and Darios would be the other two. (I'd prefer possessed Darios, but I struggle to see how he could fit in a forging bonds narrative))

Risen King Chrom: I don't play cipher admittedly, but have you seen the art of this card? It looks cool as heck.

Spoiler

fbdda544a0c738bb68761b9fa668118b.png

Edelgard: If we got just one Three Houses unit (aside from perhaps Byleth), it would probably be her. From what I've seen of the reception of the characters, it seems Edelgard has had the loudest group favoring her,

Naga: I'm just looking forward to the day we get a Dragon gods banner (Naga, Mila, and Duma). They're all very, very important characters. The one I chose to mention especially so.
After all Naga appears in the Jugdral and Archanean series as well as Shadows of Valentia and Awakening.

Itsuki Aoi/Emo Chrom Mirage Chrom: Like it or not, this game is part of the series' history, so why not include a character from it. I've never personally played this game, but I feel the protagonist is the most obvious pick.

Feh: The bird herself as the unit to end all units. Feh would be the very last unit to be added to Heroes. I don't have any idea how sh'ed work, but she'd be playable, summonable, fodderable, etc.

Deserving?

• Mediuth
  • Jedah
  • Duma
  • Idenn
  • Nergal
  • Generic Fire Dragon
  • Ashnard
  • Dheginhansea
  • Sephiran
  • Ashera
  • Anankos

Since we have all of the main series main characters who's Kris?, we need to fill out the ranks of the big bosses.

Ok, here's my 10 units I don't understand why they didn't make it into the game yet. No particular order, and they are mostly from games that I actually liked.

Lex - His father Langbalt schemed against Sigurd's father Byron, the event that stirred up a lot of things in the 1st generation storyline. Yet, here he is on the side of Sigurd, opposing his father. One of the few Axe cavalry units we are familiar with.

Shannan - Shannan has a large role in the story of Genealogy, he's not only there as a child in the first generation, but also formed the Liberation Army in the 2nd generation, and he's one of the successors of the Holy Weapons, the Balmung. We already have Lewyn, and his role is having the same importance.

Altena - Quan, Ethlyn and Leif already made it into the game, yet Altena is still not here. Altena also have a big role in the story, also a successor of the Holy Weapon Gaé Bolg. It's unclear to me why she didn't make it into the game yet.

Briggid - Another Holy Weapon character I know, but her story started much before we met the character - her sister told us earlier that she needs to seek her out to give her the Holy Weapon that she inherits. 

Ced - Genealogy Gen 2 character who also makes his appearance in Thracia 776, is a good hint that he is having a big importance in the Judgral storyline. When I played the game first, he was the child of Lewyn, and it feels like Judgral story supports this as well.

Marcus - served both Roy in Binding Blade and Eliwood in Blazing Sword, a veteran paladin everybody is familiar with. Raises the question for a lot of people, why is he not in the game already?

Rutger - Probably the most famous Binding Blade unit, who claimed to be the strongest Swordmaster unit in Fire Emblem with the highest chance to crit an enemy. After his introduction chapter his role becomes less important, but that goes to a lot of character in Binding Blade in general. 

Gonzales - one of the more unique character in Binding Blade, Gonzales was the first unit that gave us the opportunity to train up our very own Brigand unit. Behind the ugly face there is a big heart who finds himself when he joins Roy's company. A pretty fun unit too.

Pent and Louise - I bring them up together, as if Pent comes, his wife should not be left behind. We already have Clarine and Klein in the game, Pent's children, and of course Pent's successor Cecilia as well. Have an important role in the events of Blazing Sword as well, basically a must to have in Heroes sooner or later.

EDIT: I also agree with people posting in this thread Mareeta

Edited by Garlyle