The 10 characters most deserving to be added

GrandeRampel

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

So if I'm understanding this correctly, there's no one allowed from the GBA games, Thracia, or Fates. Ok, let's see what I can do. My 10 isn't in Top 10 order, but in order they appeared.

I was worried this would happen. You didn't have to limit yourself. It wasn't a rule that certain games are excluded, it was just that I personally didn't find a character from some games to put in the list. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nice list anyway. Flavia and Basilio are really strong candidates from awakening. I'm surprised to see so many people mention Ced. We already have Lewyn who makes Ced feel a little redundant, just like Larcei would be.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Deserving?

• Mediuth
  • Jedah
  • Duma
  • Idenn
  • Nergal
  • Generic Fire Dragon
  • Ashnard
  • Dheginhansea
  • Sephiran
  • Ashera
  • Anankos

Since we have all of the main series main characters who's Kris?, we need to fill out the ranks of the big bosses.

Lmao.  Sephiran was a strong candidate for my list, together with Idunn, Medeus and Nergal, but I didn't want to oversaturate the list with villains since in the end the heroes are who we follow. You didn't have the same concerns I see. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cormag (Sacred Stones) 

The most glaring absence from Magvel, and the last character needed to adequately represent the game.

2. Nasir (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

3. Ranulf (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

4. Volke (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

5. Jill (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

6. Wolt (Binding Blade)

7. Marcus (Binding Blade/Blazing Sword)

8. Pent (Blazing Sword)

9. Louise (Blazing Sword)

10. Rinkah (Fates)

Honorable mentions:

Lethe (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

Selkie (Fates)

Bastian (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

Duessel (Sacred Stones)

Astram (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery)

Panne (Awakening)

Keaton (Fates)

A quick look through the casts of the games I played shows that most of the plotwise important characters are allready in the game. Most games could have one or two banners more and be done with most of the important cast. The only problem is then that there are too few female characters missing to make banners in IS's current style XD

What is more glaring is that many villains and final bosses are still missing.

so in no particular order:

• Medeus
  • Nergal
  • Ashnard
  • Idoun
  • Orson
  • Travant
  • Dheginhansea
  • Sephiran
  • Ashera
  • Gangrel
Edited by Falter

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Lmao.  Sephiran was a strong candidate for my list, together with Idunn, Medeus and Nergal, but I didn't want to oversaturate the list with villains since in the end the heroes are who we follow. You didn't have the same concerns I see. ;)

I was originally going to put some non-villains on my list, but I didn't realize we still had this many missing villains until I ran out of space and had to cut a few like the generic Fire Dragon and Fomortiis.

The thing about villains and anti-heroes/anti-villains is that they represent ideal Grand Hero Battle rewards (when they aren't wasting our time with baffling choices like Kana), which puts them at a different schedule than other characters. I personally won't be listing them for that reason, as I think most of them are inevitable, and represent long term content for the game.

I'll try to be unbiased here. Not successfully but I'll try. My metric isn't just popularity which would be boring and also frequently not what a game actually need but also relevance and connection with other characters. 

10: Azelle

At the moment Azelle and Lex are the most popular gen 1 males. Unfortunately for Lex Azelle has more things going for him. He's the younger brother of the main antagonist and all other Velthomers are already present which makes his absence stand out. Azelle isn't the most important character but just about every gen 1 character more important than him have already been added. The reasons not to add Azelle have run out at this point. 

9: Brom

He's not the most important fella in the world but he was one of the more important characters in part 2. His buddy Nephene is already in the game and Brom can be said to be unlike any character in the series. We don't have a kind, folksy dad figure yet. I'd say his brief stint as an important character and his one of a kind nature makes Brom rather deserving

Forrest:

Forrest is a Fates royal and as far as IS is concerned those deserve special treatment which makes his absence weird. IS even snubbed Forrest to the extend they include his retainer team without him. And aside from his status as a royal Forrest is also very well liked, wining a popularity prize in the dlc and also being one of the most popular requests for Fates. In the DLC Forrest is even somewhat of a main character. Fates doesn't really need any more characters but Forrest definitely needs his due. 

7: Bridget

She's one of the more important female characters of gen 1 that's not yet in the game, and unlike her sister she comes with a holy weapon. I believe she's also the most popular female  who's not yet in the game. 

6: Shanan

Its already very sill that he's not in the game yet. Aside from Seliph and Lewyn he's arguably the most important male of the second gen and he comes with a holy weapon. Being related to a fan favorite also helps. 

5: Ranulf

He's the most important beast Laguz in the Tellius games, Ike's best buddy and well liked as far as I can recall. Because of his great amount of screentime and personal chemistry with Ike you'd think he's a no brainer. 

4: Sonia/Nergal

Blazing Sword doesn't really have a villain at this point and as the first game for many players it deserves to have one. My preference is Nergal but Sonia deserves it more. Sonia is related to the fan favorite Nina and while Gharnef already represents his archtype the Hilda archtype is entirely unrepresented. So far Sonia also has a connection to ever minor Blazing Blade villain in Heroes so there's plenty to work with. 

3: Sephiran

Like Blazing Sword RD lacks a villain. Actually, until the banner Radiant Dawn lacked about everything. Adding its main villain would be a very good step to make up for that. Sephiran being so distinct from other villains makes him all the more interesting to add. 

Pent and Louise:

Their kids are already in the game and while it could just be me I always amused Pent was far more popular than his son ever was. Pent is decently important in Blazing Sword and generally gets deemed to be one of the better units. If you get Pent you automatically get Louis who's already quite popular.

Nils: His snubbing so far has been quite weird. With Pent you could argue that he's not the most important fellow out there but Nils is unquestionably a main character. He's had interactions with all main lords, grows a bit throughout the story, is joined at the hip with Ninian who's already in the game and there's been nothing to suggest people don't like him. And Bards are useful to have around.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But I admit maybe not all of these are the most deserving right now. I do believe Tellius is the most underrepresented though.

Name one thracia character in heroes

2 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

Name one thracia character in heroes

Uh, Reinhardt, Olwen, Leif, Finn, Nanna, etc. Thracia does have the least number of characters in the game, but doesn't it have a much smaller cast than Tellius too? Tellius is missing a lot of characters, including notable ones.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, Reinhardt, Olwen, Leif, Finn, Nanna, etc. Thracia does have the least number of characters in the game, but doesn't it have a much smaller cast than Tellius too? Tellius is missing a lot of characters, including notable ones.

Technically only Olwen and Reinhardt are from thracia, Leif, Nanna, and Finn are from genealogy.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

IIRC, Thracia has 54 characters. (Smaller than Tellius, but it's also just a single game rather than a whole continent.)

1 minute ago, Tuvy2 said:

Technically only Olwen and Reinhardt are from thracia, Leif, Nanna, and Finn are from genealogy.

Don't forget Saias.

Also if we don't count characters who were in FE4, even if they had bigger roles in FE5, then the only FE10 characters we have are Micaiah and Nailah.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

IIRC, Thracia has 54 characters. (Smaller than Tellius, but it's also just a single game rather than a whole continent.)

Oh, okay. Didn't know that.

I'd argue that a difference between Tracia and Tellius is that Tellius has a much bigger status. Neither game sold very well but much more people know of Tellius due to Ike and it not being Japanese exclusive like Tracia. 

Tracia seems a very small game. It has it fans but it doesn't seem to have the status of Genealogy. This makes its place in Heroes unfortunate but not entirely unsurprising. Its a game few people played, few people bought and most people in the west don't even know. 

This doesn't go for Tellius. Its far better known and its praised heavily by a lot of fans rather than the little circle that praises Tracia. If anything its really weird that Tellius has been snubbed for so long as it might carry much more weight than Genealogy which the dev team seems to favor. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, okay. Didn't know that.

Yeah, most of them are not super well-known. It's got kind of this perfect storm of being the least-played FE game and having a lot of characters with very minor roles.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd argue that a difference between Tracia and Tellius is that Tellius has a much bigger status. Neither game sold very well but much more people know of Tellius due to Ike and it not being Japanese exclusive like Tracia. 

Tracia seems a very small game. It has it fans but it doesn't seem to have the status of Genealogy. This makes its place in Heroes unfortunate but not entirely unsurprising. Its a game few people played, few people bought and most people in the west don't even know. 

This doesn't go for Tellius. Its far better known and its praised heavily by a lot of fans rather than the little circle that praises Tracia. If anything its really weird that Tellius has been snubbed for so long as it might carry much more weight than Genealogy which the dev team seems to favor. 

Yeah. I really want another FE5 banner, but Tellius is where there's really still big swaths of striking omissions.

Jugdral has most of its big highlights for now, although there are a few key things missing before I'd be ready to say it's as well-covered as games like FE2 and FE8. (Shannan, Altena, Ced, Travant, Mareeta, Asbel, Osian, and Linoan are the ones that really stand out to me, personally.)

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also if we don't count characters who were in FE4, even if they had bigger roles in FE5, then the only FE10 characters we have are Micaiah and Nailah.

There's a difference in looks when it comes to Sothe & Sanaki that doesn't exist between Gen 2 FE4 and FE5 though. It'd be weird to call them Path of Radiance characters.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah. I really want another FE5 banner, but Tellius is where there's really still big swaths of striking omissions.

Yeah, I can think of a lot of those.

- The rest of the Greil Mercs

- The core DB members not named Sothe or Micaiah

- The Crimean knights, and that includes Lucia, Marcia, and Bastian

- Ranulf, Lethe, or any Gallians for that matter. They're just the most important ones.

- The main villains, meaning Ashnard and Ashera. Though the latter ought to be a Mythic Hero since she's a goddess. And speaking of that, Yune-possessed Micaiah should be another option for Mythic.

- Zihark, Ilyana, Tauroneo, Jill, Haar, and Brom would be notable enough additions as well.

1) Xane - Probably the most unique character in the series, plus he has heavy plot relevance in Mystery of the Emblem.

2) Nyna - Extremely important in both Archanean games.

3) Kris - The only avatar not to be in the game yet.

4) Nils - I'd have thought he'd be in by now. He's rather important in Blazing Blade.

5) Ranulf - The first Laguz we meet, and one of Ike's BFFs.

6) Elice and Emmeryn - The elder sisters of two popular Lords.

7) Gangrel - A major player in the first half of Awakening.

8) Marcus - Appears in both Elibe games as a playable character.

9) Julian and Lena - The first of their archetypes, yet they're no where to be found.

10) Rinkah - Early game Fates unit, has surprising relevance to Corrin as she's the one who brings them back to Hoshido, alongside Kaze.

...I tried to restrain my Archanean bias.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I can think of a lot of those.

- The rest of the Greil Mercs

- The core DB members not named Sothe or Micaiah

- The Crimean knights, and that includes Lucia, Marcia, and Bastian

- Ranulf, Lethe, or any Gallians for that matter. They're just the most important ones.

- The main villains, meaning Ashnard and Ashera. Though the latter ought to be a Mythic Hero since she's a goddess. And speaking of that, Yune-possessed Micaiah should be another option for Mythic.

- Zihark, Ilyana, Tauroneo, Jill, Haar, and Brom would be notable enough additions as well.

TFW even a super Tellius fangirl forgets about Sanaki's awesome retainers. Excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in my "no Tanith and Sigrun" corner...

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

TFW even a super Tellius fangirl forgets about Sanaki's awesome retainers. Excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in my "no Tanith and Sigrun" corner...

I didn't forget them. Neither of them really played as big a role in either game or are as notable though imo. I like Tanith and Sigrun, don't get me wrong. But I feel a lot of other characters would get in before they do. The Greil Mercs are iconic, the DB are the first characters you use in RD. Elincia's retainers are kind of notable for their roles in late PoR and RD part 2. Kieran is Oscar's other "half," Marcia is the go-to Peg knight in Tellius not named Elincia and she's also pretty liked. The villains are listed for obvious reasons. Zihark is met early in both games. Ilyana too. Tauroneo is a needed armor and also played a decent role in RD part 1. Jill and Haar are popular. Brom is also a needed armor and is fairly early in both games, as well as having a chapter to himself with Nephenee.

Sigrun and Tanith come in late in PoR and RD, and Sigrun isn't even playable until late RD. They also don't seem to have a lot of popularity. There isn't quite as much going for them.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't forget them. Neither of them really played as big a role in either game or are as notable though imo. I like Tanith and Sigrun, don't get me wrong. But I feel a lot of other characters would get in before they do. The Greil Mercs are iconic, the DB are the first characters you use in RD. Elincia's retainers are kind of notable for their roles in late PoR and RD part 2. Kieran is Oscar's other "half," Marcia is the go-to Peg knight in Tellius not named Elincia and she's also pretty liked. The villains are listed for obvious reasons. Zihark is met early in both games. Ilyana too. Tauroneo is a needed armor and also played a decent role in RD part 1. Jill and Haar are popular. Brom is also a needed armor and is fairly early in both games, as well as having a chapter to himself with Nephenee.

Sigrun and Tanith come in late in PoR and RD, and Sigrun isn't even playable until late RD. They also don't seem to have a lot of popularity. There isn't quite as much going for them.

Damn, when you put things like that it really makes me want to cry...

I keep telling myself that Sigrun is more relevant than people give her credit for, due to appearing almost everytime Sanaki shows up, and being in both games even if playable only in one. And that Tanith is more relevant than people give her credit for because of the unique mechanic she introduces, being a member of the pegasus trio of PoR and also having interesting connections with popular characters such as Marcia and Haar. I really didn't need to be put in my place like that...

I have no choice but to hope that the Sanaki bias is a real thing for the developers and they will both come with a Sanaki alt.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Damn, when you put things like that it really makes me want to cry...

I keep telling myself that Sigrun is more relevant than people give her credit for, due to appearing almost everytime Sanaki shows up, and being in both games even if playable only in one. And that Tanith is more relevant than people give her credit for because of the unique mechanic she introduces, being a member of the pegasus trio of PoR and also having interesting connections with popular characters such as Marcia and Haar. I really didn't need to be put in my place like that...

I have no choice but to hope that the Sanaki bias is a real thing for the developers and they will both come with a Sanaki alt.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to upset you... I was just trying to be honest. :(

You do have a point though. And IS has done weird things with this game, like how early Reinhardt and Olwen got in, so you never know. Sigrun and Tanith very well could get in before some of the other characters I mentioned.