The 10 characters most deserving to be added

GrandeRampel

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to upset you... I was just trying to be honest. :(

You do have a point though. And IS has done weird things with this game, like how early Reinhardt and Olwen got in, so you never know. Sigrun and Tanith very well could get in before some of the other characters I mentioned.

It's alright. It's not as if Tanith and Sigrun are the only new characters that will make me happy. As long as more people from Tellius get added it's impossible to go wrong since I like the entire cast (even Makalov). Tbh, I see a lot of the characters you mentioned as less likely than you think, Kieran in particular. There are a lot of more relevant Crimeans to add (Elincia's retainers and even Brom, or Renning)  and IS has proven time and again that they don't care about completing iconic couples and trios (still no Fiora and Farina, when Florina has been here since the start, smh). But "hope will never die" said a certain time travelling girl. I will continue to hope for Tanith, you can hope for Kieran and maybe someday our wishes will come true.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And Heather.

True, if you recruit her. I actually missed her in my first playthrough, somehow. Neph and Brom you start out with, and they're in both Tellius games, that's why I mentioned them.

22 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Damn, when you put things like that it really makes me want to cry...

I keep telling myself that Sigrun is more relevant than people give her credit for, due to appearing almost everytime Sanaki shows up, and being in both games even if playable only in one. And that Tanith is more relevant than people give her credit for because of the unique mechanic she introduces, being a member of the pegasus trio of PoR and also having interesting connections with popular characters such as Marcia and Haar. I really didn't need to be put in my place like that...

I have no choice but to hope that the Sanaki bias is a real thing for the developers and they will both come with a Sanaki alt.

If it makes you feel better I agree with you. I feel Sigrun’s role in RD is quite underrated and much more influential than what people give it credit for, always being the moral support and protector for Sanaki.

She’s to Sanaki what Sothe is to Micaiah, what Soren is to Ike, and what Geoffrey and Lucia are to Elincia. Sure she may not have much PRESENCE as the others mentioned, but I say her role is just as important. 

Heck, she can’t even die until Endgame. I say that’s a big deal. 

Yeah, like I said, I like Sigrun and do feel she does have somewhat of an important role. Just not as notable or popular as the others I mentioned. I do think her role is a bit underrated anyway. I also think she's really pretty. And I like Peg knights. :P I'd like to see her, I just am not sure I can expect her anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, most of them are not super well-known. It's got kind of this perfect storm of being the least-played FE game and having a lot of characters with very minor roles.

Yeah. I really want another FE5 banner, but Tellius is where there's really still big swaths of striking omissions.

TO be fair Radiant Dawn essentially shunned all of its new characters in favor of the old ones so them being well known obviously isn't the game's priority.

30 minutes ago, Jave said:

If it makes you feel better I agree with you. I feel Sigrun’s role in RD is quite underrated and much more influential than what people give it credit for, always being the moral support and protector for Sanaki.

She’s to Sanaki what Sothe is to Micaiah, what Soren is to Ike, and what Geoffrey and Lucia are to Elincia. Sure she may not have much PRESENCE as the others mentioned, but I say her role is just as important. 

Heck, she can’t even die until Endgame. I say that’s a big deal. 

Sigrun is probably a bit more like Titania rather than Soren and Sothe since she's somewhat of Sanaki's mom. She's the closest maternal figure Sanaki has and I believe she mentions pride in Sanaki at some point. 

56 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

It's alright. It's not as if Tanith and Sigrun are the only new characters that will make me happy. As long as more people from Tellius get added it's impossible to go wrong since I like the entire cast (even Makalov). Tbh, I see a lot of the characters you mentioned as less likely than you think, Kieran in particular. There are a lot of more relevant Crimeans to add (Elincia's retainers and even Brom, or Renning)  and IS has proven time and again that they don't care about completing iconic couples and trios (still no Fiora and Farina, when Florina has been here since the start, smh). But "hope will never die" said a certain time travelling girl. I will continue to hope for Tanith, you can hope for Kieran and maybe someday our wishes will come true.

I feel like it was a missed opportunity to add Kieran alongside Oscar in the Crimea Banner. That would have been the perfect time for him to be added

20 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I feel like it was a missed opportunity to add Kieran alongside Oscar in the Crimea Banner. That would have been the perfect time for him to be added

There are other viable opportunities. There are at least 2, if not 3 possible Crimean retainer banners alone.

You could even do an all cav banner and cover every color at once (Makalov on Red, Geoffery on Blue, Kieran on Green, and Astrid on Colorless). 

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

There are other viable opportunities. There are at least 2, if not 3 possible Crimean retainer banners alone.

You could even do an all cav banner and cover every color at once (Makalov on Red, Geoffery on Blue, Kieran on Green, and Astrid on Colorless). 

I know, but I feel like adding Kieran alongside Oscar would've been the perfect time seeing as how they are the Cain and Abel duo of Tellius, at least in PoR. Also, eww on suggesting Makalov.

Edited by Gregster101

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Also, eww on suggesting Makalov.

Yes, yes, I know. He is my second most hated Tellius character (behind only Meg) for a great many reasons. However, I included him to show just how easy such a banner would be to add.

My preferred would be Bastian (my favorite character in all of Fire Emblem) and Kieran on Green, Geoffery on Blue, and Lucia on Red. 

Brom is easy enough to fit in with Calill and Largo. 

Astrid and Makalov would, of course fit in cleanly with Marcia. How such a banner would actually sell is another story, but I suppose a horseback archer and a top tier pegasus rider could sell it.

Edited by Etheus

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I didn't know anyone did.

It's okay, no worries!

And yeah, absolutely agreeing with everyone here. Despite having more than one FE7 character on my own list, Tellius really is getting the shaft worse than any other game in the series (sans possibly FE6), which is super odd considering how many fans it has. There's so many banners they could do that just haven't been done, and it feels so weird.

You could have a Brom/Meg/Heather or a Brom/Meg/Zihark banner. A Geoffrey/Lucia/Kieran/Marcia banner. Edward/Leonardo/Nolan/Laura, with a GHB/TT Aran. Jill/Haar and...someone! Astrid/Makalov/Marcia, Gatrie/Boyd/Rhys/Rolf with a Shinon GHB. So many untapped possibilities!

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Edward/Leonardo/Nolan/Laura, with a GHB/TT Aran.

Is it bad that I'm grateful to IS for their stubborn idea that you can't have a banner without at least two females on it, just because I feel that it's the only thing that gives my girl Fiona a fighting chance for the DB banner? Inb4 it's actually Edward/Laura/Nolan/Meg with Leonardo as a TT and my hopes and dreams get shattered.

Wait, I thought about something even better: inb4 we never get a DB banner at all.

Some Tellius banners I'd like to see are:

Jill, Zihark, Ranulf, and Lethe on a PoR banner with either Ashnard or Haar as a GHB (since Haar was a recruitable enemy in PoR and we've had GHBs for recruitable enemies before like Navarre and Jamke) and Ilyana as a TT reward

A general Dawn Brigade themed banner with Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, and Laura, with Jarod as a GHB and Aran as a TT reward

A Laguz Emancipation themed banner with Tormod, Muarim, Vika, and Rafiel (Nailah needs her husband in Heroes so badly XP) with Sephiran as a GHB and Volug as a TT reward

and a Goldoan dragon themed banner with Nasir, Ena, and Kurthnaga with Dheginsea as a GHB and Gareth as a TT reward.

There are other Tellius banners I'd like to see, but these are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head

My most wanted Tellius banners are a Gallia banner with Ranulf, Lethe, Caineghis/Skrimir (one or the other would work), and Mordecai, with Kyza or Lyre at TT or a Crimean Knights banner with Kieran, Marcia, Geoffrey, and Lucia while Bastian is TT.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Othin said:

It's got kind of this perfect storm of being the least-played FE game and having a lot of characters with very minor roles.

Ah yes, I think besides the death quote, Dalsin for instance says only this:

Spoiler

Reidric:
“Hahaha… Now this is bound to get me a promotion. Dalshin! Don’t let that boy escape until the people from Conort come to retrieve him!”

Dalshin:
“Yes…”

Conversation (Leaf/Lifis, Dalshin)

Dalshin:
“What!? My brother was captured in the child hunting!? I see… That’s it, I’ve had it with Reidric and the Empire. I’ll join you!”

Fighting Dalshin

Dalshin:
“All of you! Return to your cells!”

Defeating Dalshin

Dalshin:
“Diana… I won’t be able to make it home… Take care…of Yuvel…”

Releasing Dalshin

Dalshin:
“Soft ones… But now I owe them.”

And there are some characters, like FE5 Cain, who never say anything outside of their death quotes (and endings of course). That is Archanea bad, nay worse now that NM exists, which gave everyone at least three blurbs.

However, others like Asbel, did manage to make what very little they got work.

Spoiler

Asvel:
“Lord Sety, do you think the children are safe?”

Sety:
“I don’t think the Empire will send them to the capital until they’ve gathered more. Don’t worry, Asvel. We’re still in time.”

Asvel:
“Oh, good. Then let’s rescue them and send them back to their homes.”

Sety:
“Yes. But be careful, there are still a decent number of guards on watch.”

Asvel:
“Yes.”

Sety:
“After you rescue the children, I want you to go search for Prince Leaf with Brighton.”

Asvel:
“What? …Prince Leaf!?”

Sety:
“Right. He’s been captured by Reidric and locked in this castle. …What’s the matter, Asvel? You look surprised.”

Asvel:
“Lord Leaf is a very important person to me. I’ve been looking for him ever since we separated in Tahra. It’s been three years now…”

Sety:
“I see… Anyway, find the prince and escape Manster with him. I plan on getting the Magi members to hide outside the castle as well. We’ll only be decimated if we don’t do something.”

Asvel:
“What are you going to do, Lord Sety?”

Sety:
“I’m going to stay here a little longer. The remaining civilians must be helped as well.”

Asvel:
“I’m sorry… You’ve taught me so much, but I can’t be of any help to you…”

Sety:
“Don’t worry about it. The only thing I ever taught you was that Grafcalibur spell. You can use it to protect Prince Leaf from now on.”

Asvel:
“…Lord Sety, we’ll meet again, won’t we?”

Sety:
“If Prince Leaf is truly our hero, then Thracia will eventually be liberated. …We’ll see each other again, right here in Manster.”

Asvel:
“In Manster… Yes! In Manster, Lord Sety!”

Conversation (Asvel, Leaf)

Asvel:
“Lord Leaf! Finally! It’s me, Asvel!”

Leaf:
“Asvel!? What are you doing here? I thought you were in Tahra.”

Asvel:
“I went after you as soon as you left Tahra. But I lost track of you, and I’ve been here in Manster for half a year now…”

Leaf:
“As soon as I left!? …Then you’ve been searching for me for three years…?”

Asvel:
“Yes. Don’t you remember our promise? We vowed to reclaim Thracia together. But you left me and went off on your own, Lord Leaf.”

Leaf:
“I’m sorry… I had no choice. Tahra was surrounded by Imperial troops, and I was sure I was going to die. I never thought I would make it out of there alive… I didn’t want to put you in danger.”

Asvel:
“We swore to each other that we would live and die together, Lord Leaf… Was that an empty vow? I still remember it. And I’ve chosen to aid you as much as I can.”

Leaf:
“Asvel…”

Asvel:
“Lord Leaf, let’s reclaim Thracia. I’m willing to go through anything for that cause!”

Although after reading Gwendolyn's supports in FE6, I think no character is better than severely undercooked character. My evidence:

Spoiler

C Support

Oujay: What are you doing, Wendy?
Wendy: I’m practicing my walking.
Oujay: Walking? Why?
Wendy: For an Armor Knight, it’s tough to get back up if you fall to the ground. You have to build strong legs to make sure that you will never fall.
Oujay: I see.
Wendy: The basics are everything, Oujay.

B Support

Oujay: Ha! Ha!
Wendy: Oujay, are you doing practice swings with your sword?
Oujay: Yes. I can’t be losing to you, so I thought I’d retrain myself from the basics as well.
Wendy: I see. But, I won’t lose to you, either.
Oujay: I suppose we’ve got a little competition going, then.

A Support

Oujay: How are you doing, Wendy?
Wendy: I’m doing well, of course. I can’t be complaining if I want to be a strong Armor Knight.
Oujay: Yes, me too. If I want to be a powerful mercenary…
Wendy: …Oujay, thank you.
Oujay: Wh-What?
Wendy: I’ve been able to keep trying because I’m competing with you. If I didn’t have you with me, I probably would have given up, saying, ‘It wouldn’t have been possible for a girl like me, anyway.’
Oujay: …I feel the same way. I’ve been able to come this far thanks to you. We’re even.
Wendy: Yes. But I still won’t allow myself to lose to you.
Oujay: I’ll throw those words right back at you, Wendy.

My writing organ hurt.

I know this was from an unprofessional fan translation, but how much could they have gotten wrong? This is horribly generic writing, they might as well not have tried. Her Astolfo and Lilina aren't so bad however, that I will admit. And on Astolfo, him and Igrene were an early Support success, it wasn't all failures (nor everything afterwards a success).

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really wish people would stop telling me this over and over again.

And I'd actually argue that Brom is a better character. Gatrie is a gullible casanova and has his good Shinon dynamic, but looking at them in isolation, Gatrie is more monotone, Brom's two notes of farmer and father have greater depth. Not great, but still more than Gatrie, who wades closer, if not in, the kiddy pool where Mia and Ilyana belong. Brom for instance actually reflects on serious matters.

...And why won't IS just get TMS in? They don't need the JPOP songs if those put them at a legal WTD (although the music sans vocals could make for a good Tap Battle). What does TMS have in its favor? Let me list the reasons for inclusion:

1. It is 4 girls to 3 guys, 5-3 if Uta-loid Tiki came in. Two cute lolis, one cool woman, one energetic girl, and Tsubasa. One could certainly squeeze Itsuki, Touma, and Yashiro in while catering to the crowd that wants to fulfill their lustful fantasies.
  2. Just give us the playable seven + Tiki, and the entire thing could be wrapped up. Not even I would truly want the very weak flavor-of-the-day villains. And Barry is a creep. Maiko is the only arguable additional character.
  3. Their appearances are fantastically stylish as well. Sure the personalities aren't deep, I admit to not playing for the characters, but why should that matter? The surface appeal should be great.
  4. You could turn Tsubasa, Kiria, Yashiro, and Tiki in Singers too, or really all of them. And FEH loves its refreshers, and is depleting the canonical ones at an alarming rate. This gives them more of this finite resource that has forced multiple alts.
  5. Speaking of alts, the seven playables all have plenty of costumes. Including swimsuits (although Yashiro is gonna need some inches and less bulge). If the past two years of recycling the Awakening and Fates swimsuits means laziness, well here is a source of another one and 3/4ths of a banner of swimwear.

Adding final bosses would be cool. As far as I know, they need to add Medeus, Duma, Veld, Idenn, Nergal, Fomortiis, Ashnard, Ashera, and Anankos. 

Beyond that, I don't know what makes a character "deserving" or not, since "deserving" is often code for "who I personally like." Anyway, my personal top 10 list is thus: 

1. Rutger
  2. Echidna 
  3. Rath
  4. Saleh
  5. Conrad
  6. Python
  7. Yuzu
  8. Shade
  9. Haitaka
  10. Kumeraga

10 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I was worried this would happen. You didn't have to limit yourself. It wasn't a rule that certain games are excluded, it was just that I personally didn't find a character from some games to put in the list. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nice list anyway. Flavia and Basilio are really strong candidates from awakening. I'm surprised to see so many people mention Ced. We already have Lewyn who makes Ced feel a little redundant, just like Larcei would be.

Ced is a fan favorite, so I expected him to be mentioned a lot. I think a lot of people aren't concerned about the Forseti thing since Ares got Missiletainn but a "dark version" of it.

If they don't want to give Ced Forseti, they could give him the Lightning tome.

For the Genealogy units, I did leave out the Gen 1 units, only because I see Gen 2 getting a banner before Gen 1 (seems like Gen 2 happens in the first half of the year while Gen 1 happens in the second half). Otherwise I probably would've put Brigid and Edain instead. 

The only other Awakening units that would be relevant to have would be Validar and Say'ri, but I much prefer Flavia and Basilio. I think they would be more entertaining.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Is it bad that I'm grateful to IS for their stubborn idea that you can't have a banner without at least two females on it, just because I feel that it's the only thing that gives my girl Fiona a fighting chance for the DB banner? Inb4 it's actually Edward/Laura/Nolan/Meg with Leonardo as a TT and my hopes and dreams get shattered.

Out of last year's non-seasonal banners with three characters on them and excluding associated free reward characters, it's actually divided exactly in half the number that have more males than females and vice versa.

More males than females:

• World of Dawn
  • Fallen Heroes
  • The Branded King
  • Doorway to Destiny
  • Brave Redux

More females than males:

• Sacred Memories
  • Wings of Fate
  • Genealogy
  • Scattered Fangs
  • Generals of Muspell

I'd expect a Dawn Brigade banner to just be three characters, likely Edward, Nolan, and Laura with Leonardo as a Tempest Trials reward due to likely color overlap. I personally find it hard to argue anyone who is recruited after Laura to be eligible for that theme, and Laura is just there because she's recruited first and happens to be female for a banner that would otherwise lack one without pulling someone from even later in the story (Ilyana is from the next chapter, but isn't really a Dawn Brigade member, leaving Meg from the chapter after that as the next female recruitable character).

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Out of last year's non-seasonal banners with three characters on them and excluding associated free reward characters, it's actually divided exactly in half the number that have more males than females and vice versa.

More males than females:

• World of Dawn
  • Fallen Heroes
  • The Branded King
  • Doorway to Destiny
  • Brave Redux

More females than males:

• Sacred Memories
  • Wings of Fate
  • Genealogy
  • Scattered Fangs
  • Generals of Muspell

I'd expect a Dawn Brigade banner to just be three characters, likely Edward, Nolan, and Laura with Leonardo as a Tempest Trials reward due to likely color overlap. I personally find it hard to argue anyone who is recruited after Laura to be eligible for that theme, and Laura is just there because she's recruited first and happens to be female for a banner that would otherwise lack one without pulling someone from even later in the story (Ilyana is from the next chapter, but isn't really a Dawn Brigade member, leaving Meg from the chapter after that as the next female recruitable character).

If the core trio of Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan get their personal weapons, they could have Leonardo with the Lughnasadh be a blue bow user to avoid color over-lap with him and Laura

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

If the core trio of Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan get their personal weapons, they could have Leonardo with the Lughnasadh be a blue bow user to avoid color over-lap with him and Laura

But... why? All of the other non-seasonal colored colorless weapon users at least have a strong lore reason for either the character or the weapon to be associated with the unit's color (Flora with fire, Lucina with light, Lyn with wind, Ylgr with ice). Leonardo doesn't.

It would be more likely to have Laura be a blue tome unit than Leonardo be a blue bow unit or even to just keep throwing shared-color banners at us.

Edited by Ice Dragon