The 10 characters most deserving to be added

GrandeRampel

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But... why? All of the other non-seasonal colored colorless weapon users at least have a strong lore reason for either the character or the weapon to be associated with the unit's color (Flora with fire, Lucina with light, Lyn with wind, Ylgr with ice). Leonardo doesn't.

It would be more likely to have Laura be a blue tome unit than Leonardo be a blue bow unit or even to just keep throwing shared-color banners at us.

1. Just to avoid color sharing, 2. Laura probably makes more sense as a staff user, 3. I kind of want Aran as a TT reward

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd expect a Dawn Brigade banner to just be three characters, likely Edward, Nolan, and Laura with Leonardo as a Tempest Trials reward due to likely color overlap. I personally find it hard to argue anyone who is recruited after Laura to be eligible for that theme, and Laura is just there because she's recruited first and happens to be female for a banner that would otherwise lack one without pulling someone from even later in the story (Ilyana is from the next chapter, but isn't really a Dawn Brigade member, leaving Meg from the chapter after that as the next female recruitable character).

Yeah; Laura is pretty much the only character that "kind of officially" joined the Dawn Brigade before it turned into the Liberation Army (Aran was mostly around Laura; and Meg/Ilyanna were along with the Brigade because of the circunstances; and anyway; isn't like Ilyanna really needed the extra push; she is quite popular).

And like you said, it would be a nice reason to create a 2:1 Banner

Well, if I exclude BIG bosses from the games that I’ve played (can’t say about Tellius/Jugdral) and legends (since I hope that characters like Athos, Gotoh... will be our Mythic heroes), some heroes I’d add would be:

Mycen: he hidden Alm in a town in a way that no one even knew that he was Rudolf’s son. He has a lot of screen time too, in the village, in Zofia’s castle and in Rigel’s castle.

Rudolf: since he’s not the final big bad guy, I’ll add him here. There’s an explaination for why he started the war, why he left his son and come on, he can use the falchion, that must mean something.

Marcus: as others have said, it’s the paladin from both Eliwood and Roy. He should already be in the game. Bonus points if he’s Old Marcus with a sword to complete the old jagens weapon triangle.

Coyote Hardin: I consider him a different character from Dark Emperor Hardin. Coyote has a lot of screen time and unlike Nyna, he’s a playable character. Although for those of you asking for her, Coyote could bring a banner with Coyote/Nyna/Wolf.

Basilio/Flavia: they both have much screen time, they provide Chrom with as many resources as he needs, they join you and they play a major role while pretending that Basilio is dead like in the future.

Iago/Hans: they could be added as GHB instead of in a banner. Unlike most sorcerer or their equivalent in other classes, Iago/Hans aren’t the second to last boss. Well, at least in conquest they aren’t even bosses. Also with so many screen time giving us the middle finger, who wouldn’t want to beat them over and over in Heroes?

From the games I've played, in the order I thought of them:

Ranulf: Probably the most important Laguz in the Tellius storyline after Reyson. To be entirely fair we got beasts for the first time last week so he's probably on his way.

Marcus: the high level retainer of two different lords/games, and possibly the most iconic Jagen archtype, even outshining Jagen himself.

Mycen: He joins late but as Alm's father figure and kind of having that old mentor role Marcus has, he feels like the most obvious inclusion from Echoes.

Skrimir: We already got royal birds, so let's have a lion. Caineghis would make sense too as the king but Skrimir has such a nice character arc in RD he should probably be in.

Nyna: As the main heroine of Shadow Dragon, she's the last Archanea character I feel really should be in Heroes...

Kris: ... Aside from that continent's avatar, I guess. Even if he's not very well liked.

Guinevere: As the Elibe version of Nyna, similar reasons apply.

Ashnard: considering he's the main villain of PoR and important enough he gets mentioned multiple times in RD, he should have been a GBF already.

Nergal: similar reasons to Ashnard, minus getting mentioned in the chronologically second game of his continent.

Pelleas: Nyna/Guinevere of RD except playable. Or Elincia of Daein. Also, one of the few new cast members in RD who didn't suffer lack of characterization.

Honorable mentions because their games didn't make it to top 10: Emmeryn, Lilith and I guess Saleh.

Edited by Sylphid

On 15/1/2019 at 7:30 AM, Etheus said:

1. Cormag (Sacred Stones) 

The most glaring absence from Magvel, and the last character needed to adequately represent the game.

Imma let you finish but Duessel and Selena were some of the most iconic SS characters of all time.

Cormag not being in yet is really weird though, he's really popular.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

Imma let you finish but Duessel and Selena were some of the most iconic SS characters of all time.

Cormag not being in yet is really weird though, he's really popular.

I'm all for Duessel and Selena. Cormag is a bigger add for me, but why not include all 3 of them on a Grado banner?

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, if I exclude BIG bosses from the games that I’ve played (can’t say about Tellius/Jugdral) and legends (since I hope that characters like Athos, Gotoh... will be our Mythic heroes), some heroes I’d add would be:

Mycen: he hidden Alm in a town in a way that no one even knew that he was Rudolf’s son. He has a lot of screen time too, in the village, in Zofia’s castle and in Rigel’s castle.

Rudolf: since he’s not the final big bad guy, I’ll add him here. There’s an explaination for why he started the war, why he left his son and come on, he can use the falchion, that must mean something.

Marcus: as others have said, it’s the paladin from both Eliwood and Roy. He should already be in the game. Bonus points if he’s Old Marcus with a sword to complete the old jagens weapon triangle.

Coyote Hardin: I consider him a different character from Dark Emperor Hardin. Coyote has a lot of screen time and unlike Nyna, he’s a playable character. Although for those of you asking for her, Coyote could bring a banner with Coyote/Nyna/Wolf.

Basilio/Flavia: they both have much screen time, they provide Chrom with as many resources as he needs, they join you and they play a major role while pretending that Basilio is dead like in the future.

Iago/Hans: they could be added as GHB instead of in a banner. Unlike most sorcerer or their equivalent in other classes, Iago/Hans aren’t the second to last boss. Well, at least in conquest they aren’t even bosses. Also with so many screen time giving us the middle finger, who wouldn’t want to beat them over and over in Heroes?

I’d literally uninstall the game if Iago and Hans were added, so no on your idea

As far as the ones I find most baffling that arent in the game yet.

1. A serious Tellius GHB. We just got Naesala finally, but we went almost 2 years with no Tellius GHB other than Oliver. Which.....is just not a good representation of Tellius's villains, lets be honest. And technically this was supposed to be a Radiant Dawn Banner, of which Naesala isnt even a boss character in, that was Path of Radiance. Between Jarod, Sephiran, Levail, even Ashera if they really wanted to go there. They had some decent options. And for Tellius as a whole, Petrine, Ashnard, etc.Honestly a bit surprised they havent tapped into it much.

2. Awakening Gen 1. The Olivia banner was the first banner in over a year since launch that gave us any gen 1 Awakening reps. Before that it was either 2nd gen, or nothing at all. We are missing several of the 1st gen Awakening cast, I am honestly surprised to see it missing for this long.

3. Severa/Inigo. Same game, I know, but I find this one odd too. We technically have Inigo in the form of an alt, but tbh I dont think that counts. We just got Owain recently, but Severa and Inigo have both been missing. Its especially odd considering they are quite popular, which was the entire reason they showed up again in Fates to begin with.

4. Zeke. I find it odd we have yet to see him pop up on a banner in any way shape or form. Especially after the Zelgius situation. Its a perfect situation for them to milk the GHB situation a bit with a GHB alt essentially, but we have yet to actually see anything even SoV related since 2017. We did get Kliff recently, but that was due to it being essentially Farfetched 2.

5. Fates Gen 1. Again, find it odd we havent seen many of them at all. Especially Charlotte for one, but also Rinkah, Nyx, Benny, etc. We finally got a few in September, but it took a while. Seems like they were mostly focused on giving us Gen 2 Fates and then an alt or two to go along with it.

6. Dawn Brigade members. Granted this is a bit of personal bias here on my part, but when they announced the Radiant Dawn banner back in November, I imagined it was going to be RD specific units, which made me think Dawn Brigade. But we have had 2 dedicated Radiant Dawn banners, and we only have Sothe and Micaiah. And this most recent banner had only Nailah as the RD exclusive units, the rest were all PoR units who returned in RD. Nolan, Edward, Fiona, Leonardo, Aran, Pelleas, not a one of them after 2 dedicated RD banners. I personally find it kind of odd.

Ill end my list there, these are the ones that stand out to me the most as being odd for not being in yet in some way, shape, or fjorm.

Edited by Tolvir