[FE3] How do you get the best ending?

Alistair

Checking this wiki, it doesn't say what triggers the bad or good ending. As far as I know, you need to collect all the star shards and save all the kidnapped clerics in the final chapter, but I'm unsure how to collect the star shards and which characters to bring the save the clerics (except for Sirius with Nyna). 

This will tell you where to get the star shards (in the book 2 section):

https://serenesforest.net/mystery-of-the-emblem/miscellaneous/item-locations/

As for the other clerics, you need Merric (to talk to Elice), Julian (to talk to Lena), and Minerva (to talk to Maria) in addition to Sirius.

Edited by Shadow Mir

There are actually different endings for some of the other Fire Emblem games? (I thought that Binding (something about Gaiden chapters and legendary weapons) and Awakening (Robin's final tactic) were the only two)

Edited by Arcphoenix

Just now, Arcphoenix said:

There are actually different endings for some of the other Fire Emblem games? (I thought that Binding and Awakening were the only two)

There are different endings for the Archanea games.

• Shadow Dragon's/Mystery Book 1's ending depends exclusively on whether or not Caeda survived.  The overall outcome isn't tremendously different, but the tone is quite different between the two endings.
  • Mystery Book 2's/New Mystery's ending relies on you obtaining all the gemstones to form the Shield of Flames, which is trickiest when dealing with the starsphere since some star shards are quite easily missed.  Also, just like with the previous games' endings, the dialogue changes if Caeda, Mallesia, and/or Tiki are dead.

The ending dialogue/events don't change if you don't rescue all the clerics.  However, they of course wind up dying and the final battle is made that much more difficult.  If you want to save them, you need Julian, Sirius, Merric, and Minerva.  You don't need to level them up, although none of them are particularly bad units - you need only to bring them along with you into the Dragon's Altar.  That being said, it is a good idea to use them so that none of them are a liability in this endgame area.

Genealogy's endings are also dramatically affected by who married who.  Not to the point where you may have an ending where evil wins or whatever.  But the inheritance of houses and kingdoms varies.  For example, if Jamke didn't marry anyone then no one will inherit the Verdane throne and the kingdom will be absorbed into Grannvale.  Or if Eldigan's kid dies, then either of Lachesis's kids will inherit the throne of Augustria.

Aside from those examples and the ones you mentioned, I don't think any other FE has a variety of endings.  Except Fates, if you can even count that.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

There are different endings for the Archanea games.

• Shadow Dragon's/Mystery Book 1's ending depends exclusively on whether or not Caeda survived.  The overall outcome isn't tremendously different, but the tone is quite different between the two endings.
  • Mystery Book 2's/New Mystery's ending relies on you obtaining all the gemstones to form the Shield of Flames, which is trickiest when dealing with the starsphere since some star shards are quite easily missed.  Also, just like with the previous games' endings, the dialogue changes if Caeda, Mallesia, and/or Tiki are dead.

The ending dialogue/events don't change if you don't rescue all the clerics.  However, they of course wind up dying and the final battle is made that much more difficult.  If you want to save them, you need Julian, Sirius, Merric, and Minerva.  You don't need to level them up, although none of them are particularly bad units - you need only to bring them along with you into the Dragon's Altar.  That being said, it is a good idea to use them so that none of them are a liability in this endgame area.

Genealogy's endings are also dramatically affected by who married who.  Not to the point where you may have an ending where evil wins or whatever.  But the inheritance of houses and kingdoms varies.  For example, if Jamke didn't marry anyone then no one will inherit the Verdane throne and the kingdom will be absorbed into Grannvale.  Or if Eldigan's kid dies, then either of Lachesis's kids will inherit the throne of Augustria.

Aside from those examples and the ones you mentioned, I don't think any other FE has a variety of endings.  Except Fates, if you can even count that.

I didn't know Mallesia affects the ending. Is she a back up love interest for Marth if Caeda kicks the bucket? Poor Catria just can't win

A part of me is sad for Caeda, but another part of me is happy Malliesia doesn't become a "bad girl".

Malliesia for Heroes when?

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I didn't know Mallesia affects the ending. Is she a back up love interest for Marth if Caeda kicks the bucket? Poor Catria just can't win

Spoiler

Actually, it's more that if all of Caeda, Tiki, and Mallesia are alive at the ending, she'll have something to say.  She'll talk about how Tiki is "hogging Marth" and that Marth showing happiness about Tiki's affection will make Caeda never forgive him, because remember that by the end of the story Mallesia's crush on Marth becomes a very supportive third wheel for the couple.  Otherwise, if Caeda dies, Gotoh will always talk about how Marth's victory was a painful one due to losing his "loved ones" (even if Caeda's the only person who died).  In fact, it's actually kind of funny because if Tiki's alive but Caeda is dead, Gotoh will chastise Tiki for celebrating.  He'll be like "Tiki, stop being so happy, people fucking died, okay?"  I mean, not worded like that, but the sentiment's there.

In the end, she still becomes a...

5X2k2AL.jpg

On 1/15/2019 at 11:52 PM, Ertrick36 said:
  Hide contents

Actually, it's more that if all of Caeda, Tiki, and Mallesia are alive at the ending, she'll have something to say.  She'll talk about how Tiki is "hogging Marth" and that Marth showing happiness about Tiki's affection will make Caeda never forgive him, because remember that by the end of the story Mallesia's crush on Marth becomes a very supportive third wheel for the couple.  Otherwise, if Caeda dies, Gotoh will always talk about how Marth's victory was a painful one due to losing his "loved ones" (even if Caeda's the only person who died).  In fact, it's actually kind of funny because if Tiki's alive but Caeda is dead, Gotoh will chastise Tiki for celebrating.  He'll be like "Tiki, stop being so happy, people fucking died, okay?"  I mean, not worded like that, but the sentiment's there.

In the end, she still becomes a...

5X2k2AL.jpg

I seriously hope if she's ever added in Heroes she has a couple of "bad" lines or the VA gives her a rather evil feeling.