How many of your favorite characters are in Heroes?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Castor is hardly notable, the Jake isn't much more. The Roger I will admit is a clever little play of flirtations, pathos, and cold trickery. And the Lorenz has a neat little philosophical musing tossed in it, certainly the best of the bunch. Looking over the NM ones now, the Samto could substitute her for anyone, the Jake is hardly better, and yet the Roger is quite good again.

So three notable conversations of the bunch, the rest being no better than average. Is it enough to call a character great because of that? -Of course actually. Character judgements are ultimately subjective things. And this being only video game characters, the choice has no real significance or consequence.

As for Farina, it isn't necessarily they're the absolute best supports (I don't think anyone has a monopoly on these), they aren't I know. Yet compared to the other Pegasus Knights I know, they add up to being the best. And I guess my general perception of Caeda leans toward... archetypal, generic if spun badly (which I would rather not do); kind and good, with some high notes, but nothing that goes high enough for my mind to interpret it as a felt "great!". 

Although Farina isn't what I'd consider that much a pain to recruit, only 20k. Which, barring a Funds Rank run, is no issue with any unused promotion items and stat boosters you can sell, particularly on Hard with the Silver Card halving weapon expenses.

I guess I'll agree. 

Not a huge fan of her myself despite her being my favourite SD character. 

I actually got into an argument on how well-written Caeda is with a hardcore Caeda fan after he pissed me off by saying he can name 15+ characters outside of Tellius far better written than Micaiah all of a sudden. Then I made a list on 15 Tellius characters far better than Caeda just to get back at him. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What you say may be true about some, but not for Frederick. He does not at all strike me as someone who is only serving his liege for his own personal gain, not when he works hard to protect and help ALL of the Shepherds and innocent people, not just his lord and lady. And as I said, he enjoys it. This is what he loves to do too, even if he sometimes goes overboard.

I agree that Frederick is not serving Chrom only out of personal gain since he clearly greatly cares for his liege, but as a member of the elite, it behooves Frederick to serve Chrom. Serving because you care and serving because of personal gain need not be mutually exclusive.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree that Frederick is not serving Chrom only out of personal gain since he clearly greatly cares for his liege, but as a member of the elite, it behooves Frederick to serve Chrom. Serving because you care and serving because of personal gain need not be mutually exclusive.

If it's for ANY sort of personal gain then, I'd say it's for Frederick to keep his sanity and...maybe even have a reason to live. Frederick's mindset towards the idea of not being around his lord/lady, or not being able to do much for them, borders on terror as far as I can tell. He starts going crazy if he can't do things for them as shown by his support with Chrom and his summer scramble convo with Libra. The latter you could argue he was starting to lose his mind because Libra had to slap him to get his attention. xP

Frederick seems to have some mental issues that also affect the way he desires to serve his liege. I note in my study on him that he may have one of or more than one of three possible mental disorders. I think OCD is a given since he shows all the classic signs of that. PTSD is lightly hinted in his support with Panne. He also has some things in common with someone who has high functioning autism/Asperger's. The latter two aren't 100% confirmations, but one can see how it's possible he has those.

All that's definite is that he's got mental issues and most probably one of those is OCD.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If it's for ANY sort of personal gain then, I'd say it's for Frederick to keep his sanity and...maybe even have a reason to live. Frederick's mindset towards the idea of not being around his lord/lady, or not being able to do much for them, borders on terror as far as I can tell. He starts going crazy if he can't do things for them as shown by his support with Chrom and his summer scramble convo with Libra. The latter you could argue he was starting to lose his mind because Libra had to slap him to get his attention. xP

Frederick seems to have some mental issues that also affect the way he desires to serve his liege. I note in my study on him that he may have one of or more than one of three possible mental disorders. I think OCD is a given since he shows all the classic signs of that. PTSD is lightly hinted in his support with Panne. He also has some things in common with someone who has high functioning autism/Asperger's. The latter two aren't 100% confirmations, but one can see how it's possible he has those.

All that's definite is that he's got mental issues and most probably one of those is OCD.

That is an interesting perspective. I have never thought about it that way before. Frederick's mental issues seems pretty mild compared to Henry and Tharja.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is an interesting perspective. I have never thought about it that way before. Frederick's mental issues seems pretty mild compared to Henry and Tharja.

Could be, but Frederick's mental issues also may not be as out there, as in he could be better at hiding/masking them. He also seems to have some insecurities. He strikes me as also being afraid of failure. He often says he failed if even one little thing goes wrong that Chrom and/or Lissa are involved in. And maybe he feels that if he did make a mistake, he'd be looked down upon for it. Also in his summer scramble convo with Libra, he expresses fear that Chrom and Lissa are starting to hate him because of his actions. He feels as if he sinned. SINNED. He's terrified if he thinks one wrong move is a sin. :(

Edited by Anacybele

On 19/1/2019 at 7:43 AM, Necrofantasia said:

none of the Dawn Brigade

didn't know Sothe wasn't a member of the Dawn Brigade...

Just jokiing, I know what you actually mean.

Anyway, I will try to make my list, divided for each game.

Spoiler

SD/NM:

- Tiki. She is adorable, I love her. I love her relationship with Marth, I love her british accent, I love how powerful she actually is. She is in the game and I like all 3 versions, but I'm still missing the legendary one :(

- Camus is such a cool and compelling character. He is in the game, but I also want his girlfriend Tatiana to get in. Sirius would be cool too.

- Est is an underrated unit that I used in both SD and Echoes. She is in, and I use her sometimes. She isn't great in Heroes but isn't too terrible. She DESERVES a bride alt. And with a Groom Abel too. I want them to achieve happiness in this silly fanservice game IS!

Malice has such a cool design. She doesn't do much and sadly isn't in yet.

- Wolf is best husbando. PuT hIm In ThE gAmE yOu CoWaRdS...

Echoes:

- Delthea is best girl. BEST GIRL! Her quotes are top tier, and yet I still don't have her. Demote her already!!!

Nuibaba. Hot witch is hot, more news at eleven. Plus it's refreshing to see a hot villain don't use their sex appeal to trick the good guys. Maybe it has something to do with her original version not being that hot.

- Faye. I don't care what anyone says. I loved her since the first time I saw her official art. She is in and I pulled her randomly two days ago. Lucky me!

- Tobin. Don't count him out. EVER! Even if he is mediocre in this game.

-Berkut. A cool villain that added some depth to a very simple game.

Geneaology:

- Lachesis, they did you so dirty... Valentine alt with a sword and horse when?

- Jeanne, my favorite kid unit. I just really like her design. Maybe because she looks like a carefree Tanith. She isn't in and maybe never will be in... But I still have hope, since she is a cute girl.

- Altena is better Corrin. I like a better Corrin. Not in yet, but she will come.

- Arvis is simply perfect.

- Tailtiu. I have her and she rocks. Could be my bias for Ests talking here.

Thracia 776:

- No one because I didn't play it. Heroes made me like Reinhardt and Olwen tho.

Binding Blade:

- Clarine. I could listen to her roasting Narcian all day. She is in and I have her, but she isn't very good.

- Lilina, the "420 Forblaze It" queen. I won't lie, Heroes is a big reason I like her so much. I have her and she is strong.

- Idunn. IS GIVE US BEST DRAGON YOU COWARDS!!

- Gonzalez. Just look at him. He deserves a spot.

- Roy is my boy. He is in 3 times but I only have the base version.

Blazing Blade:

- Nino. Protect the Nino, love the Nino, be the Nino! I have only the base version...

- Serra. The funniest character in Elibe. I have her, but don't use her. Could use an alt with light magic (watch all the Lucius fans hate me).

- Ursula is a cool villain and was implemented well in Heroes. I still use her.

- Raven is a cool dude. He is also the first unit I summoned in Heroes. We share a bond.

Vaida. There is no such thing as too many badass women.

Sacred Stones:

- Lute is my favorite character in all of the games and my first FE crush. She is just so beautiful and I always loved confident women. She is confident and funny, and also a huge nerd who dislikes losing. We are so alike. Thankfully I have her, because if I didn't I would probably spend real money for her.

- Amelia. GBA armors are awesome, and Sacred Stones was my first game so I am especially attached to her. I have her and she is useful. Armor March is a must for my teams.

- Gilliam. GBA armors are cool part 2. Sadly he isn't in the game. We could use more armors, amirite? 

- Myrrh is even cuter than Tiki. If I was Ephraim I would have ditched Erika and adopted Myrrh as my new sister, and daughter, and princess, and lover. She is technically an adult... Anyway I have and use both versions.

- Orson is a truly unique villain. I would also love to get his wife, just so I can have an official design of her.

PoR:

- Tanith is another unit in my top 5 overall. Tanith is aways a must have in PoR since I like to use a lot of flyers and Elincia arrives too late to the party. Some people say that she looks like a boy. To me she looks like a gorgeous woman, and I prefer short hair anyway. I already said that I love confident women, but Tanith also doubles as someone who would whip me back into shape for my own good if her support with Marcia is reliable. And I would enjoy having someone like her irl. In fact screw the romance I would love her just as much as a friend. Sadly she has little chance of getting in the game because everyone is WRONG and thinks she is boring.

- Ike. I like Ike, mainly his PoR incarnation. He does have 3 cool forms, and I have them all. While a seasonal would be nice I understand why he has none. If they put him in a silly costume people will complain that it's jarring and ruins his good image. If they put him in a swimsuit there will be a negative reaction because they are "milking him" with the cheap tool of sex appeal and he doesn't deserve it. He isn't a shitty 3ds lord after all. If they put him in a valentine or wedding banner it will be the end of the world. If his lines imply that he likes Elincia or Lethe the "Ike is gay" faction will rage. If they imply that he likes Soren or Ranulf the "Ike is not gay" faction will explode. And either way the "Ike is Ace and Aromantic" faction will be pissed. I know since I am one of them. Honestly, the best I can see them do is put Ike in a yukata and call it a day.

- Mist. Also known as Lachesis 2. Her alt can't come soon enough. Not like I have her regular version anyway. A little demotion, IS?

- Jill. Her absence makes me angry. IS I swear to Naga, if you dare put Haar in without her...

- Petrine. Remember what I said about badass women?

Radiant Dawn:

- Sanaki. I loooove Sanaki. I used to have a little crush on her when I was a stupid teen playing RD. Maybe I still have one since I pulled hard to get her Bride alt. Was I the actual target demographic for that unit? If so I apologize for all the flame that happened because of me. I still don't have regular Sanaki... Demote her IS. Demote all of 1st year 5* units.

- Fiona will never happen and I'm a sad man.

- Heather may happen. We got the Fates gays, we got Lucius and Raven. So put her in, why not?

- Naesala. PoR had playable Naesala, but just for a chapter so I'm counting him as a RD character, sue me. I love his punchable face and the revelations about him and Kilvas were cool in my book.

- Nailah. Bow to the queen. A stupidly good unit in Heroes like in her own games. I managed to pull her and I'm very happy with her.

Awakening:

- Aversa. I love my sister from another mister. Aversa is a better Onee-sama than Camilla. Currently working on making her +10.

- Maribelle. Remember what I said about Tanith? That a bossy woman that puts me in my place and calls me out on how much of a lazy bum I am is 100% my type? Well Maribelle would do just that so how can I not love her? I stil don't have her so... that sucks.

- Noire. I love Noire a lot. She is technically in, but I'd love to get her regular version.

- Nowi. 15 year old me loved her. 21 me still loves her, but a bit less. But her Witch version is another story. I will love that version even when I'll be 84. And of course I don't have her because this is still a gacha after all.

- Cynthia. Still waiting for the heroine to appear.

Birthright:

- Rhajat >>>>>>> Tharja. I married her and I don't regret it even a little. She is in the game, but I don't have her. Go figure.

- Mozu. There is a serious lack of hardworking farmer girls in this game. Such injustice cannot continue.

- Reina was ROBBED! I'm so mad about it.

- Scarlet. She has no chance but I can dream.

- Setsuna sucks but atleast she is in. Waiting for a refine.

Conquest: 

- Beruka is my wife. Another unit of the absolute top 5 and my only +10. I managed to make her really good and I'm proud of it. I would go into details about why I love her character but we would be here all day.

- Elise is love, Elise is life. Elise deserves 25 alts including one in which she has a growth spurt and becomes gorgeous and mature like Camilla. 

- Charlotte. You can't have too many badass women I said. And an axe makes everything better, so hurry up and release the normal version already. Never mind the fact I never pulled Bride Charlotte.

- Flora. Best maid is in the game and I can't have her because the gacha is evil.

- Velouria. Everyone loves Little Red Riding Hood and everyone loves wolves. So it makes perfect sense to love Velouria so much.

And that's it. I had to limit myself to 5 units per game to make things more interesting. Overall I got a nice 35/55 so I can't say I am unlucky. More than half is in and I still have a lot of faves to look forward to.

If I had to make an actual top 5 it would be Beruka Lute Tanith Myrrh and Aversa so only 1 unit missing to have all of my must have.

Edited by GrandeRampel

• 1 month later...

So according to the FE character sorter, my top 20 are:

1. Bastian

2. Nasir

3. Lewyn

4. Reinhardt

5. Naesala

6. Zihark

7. Sigurd

8. Camus

9. Innes

10. Forde

11. Lyon

12. Reyson

13. Ike

14. Sothe

15. Cormag

16. Haar

17. Lethe

18. Jill

19. Pelleas

20. Virion

So, a 55% inclusion ratio, or signficantly lower than my manually chosen list in the OP.