What are your thoughts about a Smash collaboration?

Javi Blizz

I’m not gonna lie. I’ve fantasized about it a few times in my head an tried thinking of what some of the characters would be (though I feel only feel a select amount would translate well).

I’ve never really thought about it happening seriously tbh. I guess it’d be cool if some were added to the pool as special characters; though, I get what others said about having out-of-series characters being immersion breaking

Edited by Arcphoenix

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Random stupid idea, Xenoblade 1 spoilers:

Hide contents

A Reyson alt that transforms into a flying snake thing instead of a heron to reference Kallian.

I think/hope the only Xenoblade 1 spoiler they do is Mecha-Fiora, and try and limit the spread. Smash Ultimate already added another one to the pile, we don't need post-Mechonis Core stuff.

(At least Chrom, Lucina and Mecha-Fiora are already acquainted.)

It's bad enough that Surtr is being a huge pain when he's an oc. It'll be even worse when they bring in super special awesome Link / Mario / Peach, etc... and they're ruining my day and aren't even FE characters. I have lots of FE characters that I feel still deserve to be in the game. We do not need a collab. The most I can stomach is FE charries dressing up as non-FE charries - that could be fun if they pick the right people and it takes the place of an existing special banner. 

I'm not sure if this would make me quit the game, but it's one of the few things that might actually make me consider it (I say this as a regular complainer about the game - nothing has made me actually want to quit at any point but this actually might). 

@Dragoncat

Blonde and male? - Several come to mind, but who can pass for Shulk a bit - Camus, Perceval, Franz... possibly FE5 Cain (although the idea of him getting in at all is pretty laughable). No need to resort to Xander and Leo :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

Accessories or something would be kind of cool but getting any character from a non fire emblem game when so many fire emblem characters are missing would be more insulting than the repeat offenders getting more alts 

4 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I think/hope the only Xenoblade 1 spoiler they do is Mecha-Fiora, and try and limit the spread. Smash Ultimate already added another one to the pile, we don't need post-Mechonis Core stuff.

(At least Chrom, Lucina and Mecha-Fiora are already acquainted.)

It was a stupid idea anyway. Mecha Fiora is probably a more well known spoiler, and I'm pretty sure if you're talking Metal Face's identity, that's up there as being kinda well known as well.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Blonde and male? - Several come to mind, but who can pass for Shulk a bit - Camus, Perceval, Franz... possibly FE5 Cain (although the idea of him getting in at all is pretty laughable). No need to resort to Xander and Leo :D 

Yes thank you! I forgot about them. Franz is more of a dark blond though, but he could work. The blue eyes are optional. 

3 hours ago, IGdood said:

I'll just leave this here

That would have been the perfect April Fool's video.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe if the art were good enough to be convincing.

It certainly is not my favorite art style, but I think the style has a certain charm to it. Maybe they were trying to emulate Arthur or something.

At least the sprites were really good though.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

It certainly is not my favorite art style, but I think the style has a certain charm to it. Maybe they were trying to emulate Arthur or something.

At least the sprites were really good though.

Zelda and Kirby are mostly fine. The problem is Pit, whose art quality is just nowhere near the quality expected of the production values of Heroes.

It's not a matter of style.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is Pit, whose art quality is just nowhere near the quality expected of the production values of Heroes.

But Pit's dopey face looks kind of endearing.

And maybe the next thing management will come up with to increase profits is to cut costs in the art department and use fan art instead.

Here's how IS can announce this without intense backfire. "The smash banner with Zelda, Pit and Piranha Plant will take the place of this year Performing Arts, so the number of new Heroes banners won't decrease".

But people would complain anyway, because how dare a company have fun and do something a bit creative for once?

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Here's how IS can announce this without intense backfire. "The smash banner with Zelda, Pit and Piranha Plant will take the place of this year Performing Arts, so the number of new Heroes banners won't decrease".

But people would complain anyway, because how dare a company have fun and do something a bit creative for once?

Unless Zelda, Pit, and Piranha Plant can dance, I would complain. I want my Dance/Sing Special Heroes Focus.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless Zelda, Pit, and Piranha Plant can dance, I would complain. I want my Dance/Sing Special Heroes Focus.

Piranha Plant can at least dance (in its own way, of course) if a particular Mario Party 5 minigame is any indication.

I’m sure Pit would be fine too...as long as it doesn’t involve reading. Maybe Palla can teach him how, too.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Piranha Plant can at least dance (in its own way, of course) if a particular Mario Party 5 minigame is any indication.

I’m sure Pit would be fine too...as long as it doesn’t involve reading. Maybe Palla can teach him how, too.

Pit and Nino can become reading study buddies.  It would be the cutest.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Zelda and Kirby are mostly fine. The problem is Pit, whose art quality is just nowhere near the quality expected of the production values of Heroes.

It's not a matter of style.

Well...I think it looks fine, and if I tried to make art like that it would look worse.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

and if I tried to make art like that it would look worse.

Art that is better than what you can do can still be worse than the minimum standard for a particular publication.

Being better than me at basketball, for example, doesn't automatically qualify someone for the NBA or Olympic team.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, Hilda said:

a collab with smash will give feh more longevity due to smashs popularity and thus attracting new players. I would like to see chars like Link Zelda Ganondorf Shiek Shulk (chars that fir Fehs ambient) added to the game.

We have gotten most of the major chars from each fire emblem game. Every new FE char coming now are basicly left overs. so yeah i would welcome a smash collab or a Final fantasy collab etc.

this requires the conclusion that fire emblem is too small to be self sustaining.

also, I'd hardly call sephrain or medeus "leftovers"

25 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also, I'd hardly call sephrain or medeus "leftovers"

Nah, Medeus definitely qualifies as a leftover as well as anyone else left from Archanea who isn't in. The only point in his favor is being the final boss of the original, other than that he barely has more going for him than FE7's Fire Dragon. He really isn't particularly needed, especially now that Gharnef is in.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The only point in his favor is being the final boss of the original, other than that he barely has more going for him than FE7's Fire Dragon.

He talks.

He also looks way cooler and doesn't get trounced by the fact that your entire party has effective weaponry.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, Medeus definitely qualifies as a leftover as well as anyone else left from Archanea who isn't in. The only point in his favor is being the final boss of the original, other than that he barely has more going for him than FE7's Fire Dragon. He really isn't particularly needed, especially now that Gharnef is in.

alright fine, ashnard, peleas, the entire cast of radiant dawn, my point is that there are still characters to be added who are significant. I mean medeus is the main antagonist of FE1, he may not have much of a presence, but he is still the reason why everything happens.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He talks.

For a total of five sentences in Shadow Dragon (all of which were said after clearing the penultimate chapter no less) before you face him personally and hear his battle quotes. At that point, they may as well have just made him mute with how little he contributed dialogue-wise.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

For a total of five sentences in Shadow Dragon (all of which were said after clearing the penultimate chapter no less) before you face him personally and hear his battle quotes. At that point, they may as well have just made him mute with how little he contributed dialogue-wise.

Still a huge improvement over the Fire Dragon, who has no lines before you face it personally and no battle quotes and basically just walks in on the party with no story significance except to deus ex machina resurrect an Ice Dragon and immediately gets rekt by said deus ex machina resurrected Ice Dragon so that we can get a happy ending.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still a huge improvement over the Fire Dragon, who has no lines before you face it personally and no battle quotes and basically just walks in on the party with no story significance except to deus ex machina resurrect an Ice Dragon and immediately gets rekt by said deus ex machina resurrected Ice Dragon so that we can get a happy ending.

I'd say "huge" is a bit of an overstatement. I did say that Medeus has more going for him than Fire Dragon (who has basically nothing as you've already established), but at the end of the day he's just an uninteresting Orcus on His Throne type who only gets any sort of screen time until the very end of the game. I suppose one of things I'm trying to get across here is that there's still plenty of more interesting villains left to pick from than Medeus.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He talks.

He also looks way cooler and doesn't get trounced by the fact that your entire party has effective weaponry.

To be fair, the Fire Dragon isn't the easiest thing in the world either, were it not for Athos and Forblaze/Aureola/Luna. We're looking at 40 Def/Res, a capped Str Warrior is with the Basilikos is 52 Atk, for 12 a hit. Hector a capped Str Hector with Armads can wallop him for 26, and Eliwood can do the same. But that is about it, and training Eliwood to the point he has enough Spd that Durandal doesn't get him doubled and dead is not guaranteed. So the FD, outside of the Archsage of yore (appropriate no?), isn't a terribly easy boss.

If you're looking for an easily trivialized final boss, Idunn would probably be a better choice, and I KNOW the Demon King would be. That is what being weak to 8 different weapons (Sieglinde, Siegmund, Audhulma, Vidofnir, Garm, Excalibur, Ivaldi, and Myrrh's Dragonstone) does to you.

Earth Dragon SD Medeus on the other hand is easily killed by Warp + bodyguard dragon killer (easy enough), Warp + Suicide Tiki, Aum, Warp + Tiki again. Every other incarnation of Medeus is another story I will admit (SD as Medeus's weakest incarnation- not unlike his bane Marth). But I will say I want both Medeuses in.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

except to deus ex machina resurrect an Ice Dragon and immediately gets rekt by said deus ex machina resurrected Ice Dragon so that we can get a happy ending.

I dislike the deus ex machina, but it does have a silver lining. "Hey Nergal, I know you're dead now and couldn't remember it anyhow, but you know how you took up the dark arts to revive your dead wife? Well this other dark dude minutes after you went kaput went and brought back your dead halfbreed daughter. You could've had your wish come true, shame ya fudged it."

27 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Medeus is yet another recipient of my plentiful pity. Tragic in principle, but undone by Archanean storytelling having him seemingly twiddling his thumbs through the War of the Shadows, and just being resurrected in the War of the Heroes. He could've used in SD at least a few of the "cuts to the enemy perspective" Nergal, Grado, and Ashnard used so plentifully. 

Heck, TMS does Medeus no favors either. He says nothing and does nothing just the same. His design is also kinda bleh.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151229170738

Gharnef on the other hand looks different:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151229005530latest?cb=20151229005644

10 hours ago, XRay said:

WFT could be a refresher, yoga should count as being invigorating. And to promote proper children's nutrition, Young Link should be able to refresh himself with some fresh Lon Lon Milk. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:16 PM, ILikeKirbys said:

Game & Watch Knight would be weird-looking if they kept the limited animation but could be neat. Lucina!Chrom & Chrom!Lucina could work, though I'm not sure how they'd be differentiated from their regular selves, or from who they're cosplaying.

These two were joke ideas. Unless Chrom and Lucina were taking a family bath (innocently) together and in a sudden rush put on each other's clothes by mistake. 

But now that I think about it, we could get Meta 'cina. Or Meta Camus. And King Oliolioliver, complete with the waistband and no pants.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer