General Tabletop (D&D, Pathfinder, etc.) Topic

Azure the Scale Tipper

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Corrobin said:

https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/night10194/double-cross/

Here's a review of a system I think is interesting.

Already I feel like doing a Neumann-Orcus or a Chimera-Balor, but that will have to be for another day.

If you want, you can get a feel for the group here by joining our D&D campaign. But that will be up to @Bhoop.

16 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Already I feel like doing a Neumann-Orcus or a Chimera-Balor, but that will have to be for another day.

If you want, you can get a feel for the group here by joining our D&D campaign. But that will be up to @Bhoop.

I'm more of a story game guy who likes simple systems, like Fate Accelerated or Powered By The Apocalypse games. Double Cross was interesting to me, but I don't think I'd run it, and I'm more interested in it on an ideas/story level. I'd like to make a book or video game set in that universe.

Why Neumann/Orcus or Chimera/Balor? What would you go for with those builds?

7 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I'm more of a story game guy who likes simple systems, like Fate Accelerated or Powered By The Apocalypse games. Double Cross was interesting to me, but I don't think I'd run it, and I'm more interested in it on an ideas/story level. I'd like to make a book or video game set in that universe.

Why Neumann/Orcus or Chimera/Balor? What would you go for with those builds?

I dunno, it says any combination has viability to an extent. I just thought both would be nice combinations. The Chimera-Balor locks peeps in place before his giant fist comes, and the Neumann-Orcus is a genius that can teleport (as well as do other things). Yes, I will have to make friends with a Morpheus (if one is even in the party), but everyone who comes in will try to do some role, one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I dunno, it says any combination has viability to an extent. I just thought both would be nice combinations. The Chimera-Balor locks peeps in place before his giant fist comes, and the Neumann-Orcus is a genius that can teleport (as well as do other things). Yes, I will have to make friends with a Morpheus (if one is even in the party), but everyone who comes in will try to do some role, one way or the other.

Alright, neat. I had a few cool ideas for builds-

Salamandra/Angel Halo for a power range with some dodge options.
Chimera/Black Dog for a cyborg werewolf with good HP and melee attack
Balor/Hanuman for a speedy guy who can slow you down (Probably some sort of hybrid mage/melee person)
Morpheus/Solaris for a supporter who hands out weapons and healing together

There are some more reviews from other people. I have an advanced rulebook...

https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/doresh/double-cross--advanced-rulebook/

A focus on the enemy group, False Hearts-

https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/doresh/double-cross-public-enemy/

And one with a whole new Syndrome, Ouroboros-

https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/doresh/double-cross--infinity-code/

Well, now I have discovered something.

If there’s one thing I have been getting into lately, it’s Touhou. And I have found a tabletop (overhauled, but still).

https://docs.google.com/a/shelbyed.org/document/d/101ttpNOmt9N5B9Dz11ZolkA9sFKfkIAxWUWYeVoPfcc/mobilebasic

• 2 months later...

For those playing D&D:

Look up D&D character builder app on google and you can find some apps to help with your character building and DM’ing work.

The first few that come up are going to be your best options. Even includes stuff for 4e and 3.5e.

• 4 months later...

If any of you guys are interested in buying online stuff on D&D Beyond, you guys might want to do it soon before they implement the sales tax on November 5, 2019.

And if you are buying stuff, remember to use coupon codes when you check out! RIVALS19 should still work and it is a 20% off coupon. Keep in mind that coupon codes can only be used once and they expire, but it works on the entire purchase, so it is generally best to buy a big bundle of things at a time than but things piecemeal.