I'm gonna call it now FEW 2 will be announced within the next 3 months

thecrimsonflash

as the title says, heroes most recent tap battle is using warriors music, and that japanese eshop sale that very suspiciously singled out FEW point to it as a possibility. if not soon fire emblem expo will definitely have it, I can also see it in the next direct.

thoughts?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

as the title says, heroes most recent tap battle is using warriors music, and that japanese eshop sale that very suspiciously singled out FEW point to it as a possibility. if not soon fire emblem expo will definitely have it, I can also see it in the next direct.

thoughts?

All I ask is that it features characters from games THAT AREN'T AWAKENING AND FATES! My picks would be Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia

Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, wow, people already going on about roster.  Well, if that's the way it'll be, I want the next Warriors to round out the shorthanded casts.  So give us Blazing Blade, SoV, and a few more Archanea characters.  I'd personally like the Whitewings as sword fliers, Tobin or Wolf (or both) as a bow knight, and Mae and Katarina just because I like them.  Also would like to see Serra's dopey face again.

But really though, it's a bold claim to base off of some coincidences.  I'd rather just wait until I actually hear word from the horse's mouth.

I don't think it's happening any time soon.

40 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

All I ask is that it features characters from games THAT AREN'T AWAKENING AND FATES! My picks would be Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia

But if it does it will probably be Elibe, Tellius, and Fodlan (Three Houses).

They could potentially announce it soon to capitalize on Three Houses. It would have to be within a year of it to maximize sales. I'm hopeful.

I'm predicting Fodlan and Tellius to be the main focuses, with the most new characters and DLC (akin to Awakening and Fates in FEW1).

Elibe would be the minor focus, getting the essentials (at minimum Roy, Hector, and Lilina), but little else in the base roster, to be fleshed out with DLC (akin to Shadow Dragon in FEW1).

Valentia will likely only get minor representation (Alm, Mycen, Zeke) with no Valentia DLC, (akin to Elibe and Valentia in FEW1.)

Much as I love Magvel and Jugdral, I don't think they'll factor in at all. A Celica/Lyn-style history mode unlock of Ephraim (likely using Oboro's moveset) would be possible, if highly unlikely.

54 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Wow, people already going on about roster.

I'd expect nothing less. (I wonder how many people set Lianna as there menu voice)

30 minutes ago, Florete said:

But if it does it will probably be Elibe, Tellius, and Fodlan (Three Houses).

I can't see both Elibe and Tellius in the game. They like Fates and Genealogy our big multi game sized rosters, I think one of the two is basically a lock taking Fates slot from the first game, split between either FE6 and FE7 for Elibe or FE9 and FE10 for Tellius the way Fates part of the roster was split between birthright and conquest, but I can't see both.

6 minutes ago, Binty12 said:

I can't see both Elibe and Tellius in the game. They like Fates and Genealogy our big multi game sized rosters, I think one of the two is basically a lock taking Fates slot from the first game, split between either FE6 and FE7 for Elibe or FE9 and FE10 for Tellius the way Fates part of the roster was split between birthright and conquest, but I can't see both.

Eh, Roy and Lilina are all FE6 really needs and Tellius uses mostly the same cast for both games so the RD-specific portion would probably be just Micaiah and Sothe. It can work.

Sounds way too soon, and frankly, I think that it is more coincidence than anything else that the Tap Battle is using Warriors music. And I'm not one to believe stuff on mere coincidence.

I'd love for this to happen, but I dunno, it doesn't really seem very likely right now. But who knows?

Also, Tellius and Elibe are basically confirmed for this, as Koei said they want to use Ike and Roy for a sequel.

Too soon, they will do it (if at all) after Three Houses in order to capitalize on it. Both games cannot be in active development at the same time. I don't know when Warriors started development, but I'm willing to bet Echoes finished development around the time Warriors 1 was announced, and it was almost totally excluded save for Celica.

While I definitely wouldn't mind another one, especially if it has representation primarily from Elibe/Tellius, I think I too am going to wait for an official announcement before getting too hyped. After all, its only been like 1.5 years since the first came out. While that's plenty of time for a new game in a major series like Pokemon, it feels a bit quick for a spinoff series. Plus, unless they have a long time between announcement and release, as well as the announcement happening after Three Houses is released, then they won't be able to really include Three Houses, which is sure to help rake in money given that it'd be the newest game.

I doubt we'll get a sequel before Hyrule Warriors does...but if we do, I certainly wouldn't complain.

As long as they bring back Marth, I'll be happy. I can't imagine there'd be many cuts, I mean, they'd basically be just porting them over, right?

Its definitely possible. Koei frequently releases sequels pretty soon after the original game. 

But that's only under the assumption that Koei wants to make a FE Warriors 2. Its also possible that FE Warriors was a one time thing or that they want to make some other crossovers before returning to Zelda and FE. Koei already expressed interest in Xenoblade. 

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Too soon and Koei spinoffs don't often go past 1 game. Pirate Warriors being a super rare exception.

It would be a pretty big shame if this was the end for FE Warriors. The game we got was a good foundation to build upon but if that's all we're getting it means the potential of a FE Warriors will never be realized. 

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And Dragon Quest.

Thanks yeah DQ did get a 2nd although it's so completely different from the first in style it's hard to like put them together besides brand. 

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It would be a pretty big shame if this was the end for FE Warriors. The game we got was a good foundation to build upon but if that's all we're getting it means the potential of a FE Warriors will never be realized. 

The one we got was fine, it'd be sad not to see more, but I also don't expect more. Best to enjoy what actually exists.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Thanks yeah DQ did get a 2nd although it's so completely different from the first in style it's hard to like put them together besides brand. 

The one we got was fine, it'd be sad not to see more, but I also don't expect more. Best to enjoy what actually exists.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam also got sequels (multiple sequels, I think?)

What that tells me is that Warriors sequels are absolutely not out of the question if they sell well and there is a reason to do one. You can't really judge things by the standards of Arslan: Warriors of Legend or Berserk: Guts and the Band of the Hawk, because those didn't warrant sequels.

I'm skeptical of a Hyrule Warriors sequel myself, despite the success of Hyrule Warriors, because Zelda has so few potential characters to work with. They'd mostly just be working with the four champions, Skull Kid, and some of the other one-off villains. Whereas Fire Emblem has a well of characters that will never run dry.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Whereas Fire Emblem has a well of characters that will never run dry.

Sure could fool IS, considering they rehash the same 10 characters 50 times in the garbage they consider a celebration of the entire franchise.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

as the title says

I hope so!

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Too soon and Koei spinoffs don't often go past 1 game. Pirate Warriors being a super rare exception.

What about DW Gundam? That had like 4 games as I remember. Plus, wasn't there a dev interview where some of the developers expressed interest in making a sequel? I see it as more, rather than less likely.

5 hours ago, Lau said:

I can't imagine there'd be many cuts, I mean, they'd basically be just porting them over, right?

The only instances of characters being cut that I remember that might serve as a basis in a potential FEW sequel were a handful of key minorities in the DW Gundam series where it cut some characters that were just sort of there. and not really too significant to the plot in any way. Similarly, the cut that stands out to me (being Johnny Ridden) happened between the second and third games. So if there's to be any cuts, I doubt it unless the character has little-to-nothing to bring in terms of gameplay or story content.

As for adding any new characters goes, every entry of DW Gundam expanded the main continuity's roster whilst adding characters from the other series but to a lesser degree. If we assume that this would be the same, we'd probably get an expansion of characters from the games already present whilst adding others from other popular entries to make a more complete experience. Ike and Roy would most likely get added, due to the popularity they garnered from Smash, this time around but that's honestly predictable and I have no other significant predictions.

For a few characters I'd like to see (I'm gonna keep it at no more than 5 per continent):

Tellius
Ike
Sothe
Volke
Titania (she'd be a solid mirror of Frederick defensively)
Tibarn

Elibe
Roy
Hector
Rath
Sue
Eliwood

Magvel
Ephraim
Knoll
L'arachel
Amelia
Cormag

Ylisse
Vaike (if they match his fighting style to Lissa's you have a reason for why Lissa fights how she does)
Aversa (I'd want her using Tomes)
Walhart
Basilio
Priam

Fates
Laslow
Ophelia
Subaki
Kagero
Felicia

I think a realistic roster (including DLC) might be like the following. And to anyone who replies that Elibe only has 6 new characters in total below, I'll simply say that the same is true for Archanea now.

Fodlan

Most of FEW2's roster will come from Fodlan.

Tellius (Base)

Ike

Soren

Mist (clone of Xander with staff access)

Elincia

Titania (Frederick Clone)

Tibarn

Naesala (shares moveset with Tibarn)

Ranulf

Tellius (DLC)

Lethe (shares moveset with Ranulf)

Micaiah (Linde clone)

Sothe

Elibe (Base)

Roy (Clone of Marth)

Lilina

Hector

(Yes, I think they'll give Eliwood the short end of the stick, as they usually do).

Elibe (DLC)

Ninian

Jaffar (Shares moveset with Sothe)

Nino (Shares moveset with Soren)

Valentia (History Mode)

Alm (Shares moveset with Ike)

Zeke (costumes for Camus/Sirius)

Magvel (History Mode)

Ephraim (Oboro clone or Dimitri clone)

Reworks

Celica - clone of Lilina instead of Marth

Edited by Etheus