I'm gonna call it now FEW 2 will be announced within the next 3 months

thecrimsonflash

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Thanks yeah DQ did get a 2nd although it's so completely different from the first in style it's hard to like put them together besides brand. 

The one we got was fine, it'd be sad not to see more, but I also don't expect more. Best to enjoy what actually exists.

Yes. It was fine, certainly not bad. 

But when there's such perfect crossover potential it should be more than ''fine''. Warriors and Fire Emblem are a golden match up that deserve a more complete package. More classes, more era's of Fire Emblem, more villains and all imaginable bells and whistles. I'd be pretty sad if we didn't see more and it would probably make my opinion on FE Warriors a lot lower. If there's a sequel it meant FE Warriors build an adequate foundation for the game that does reach its full potential, if it doesn't it means FE Warriors willingly squandered its potential forever just because Fates/Awakening was popular at that particular moment. 

18 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yes. It was fine, certainly not bad. 

But when there's such perfect crossover potential it should be more than ''fine''. Warriors and Fire Emblem are a golden match up that deserve a more complete package. More classes, more era's of Fire Emblem, more villains and all imaginable bells and whistles. I'd be pretty sad if we didn't see more and it would probably make my opinion on FE Warriors a lot lower. If there's a sequel it meant FE Warriors build an adequate foundation for the game that does reach its full potential, if it doesn't it means FE Warriors willingly squandered its potential forever just because Fates/Awakening was popular at that particular moment. 

One problem with FEW is that Fates simply has too many lords. To include Fates at all is inherently dedicating yourself to no less than 10 mandatory characters (Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise). Fates over-representation isn't really Warriors' fault in that regard.

Now, my approach to the game would have simply been to cut the Fates and Awakening DLC packs (after all, we don't actually need Niles, Oboro, Tharja, Owain, and Olivia), and use those DLC packs for Elibe (Lyn, Hector and Roy) and Tellius (Ike, Tibarn, and Ranulf) characters.

I'd also have cut the OC lords no one likes (and potentially Corrin) to shift the Shadow Dragon DLC to base roster. And use that as an opportunity to add in a variety pack or something. 

Celica and Ephraim could have been the one-off History mode unlocks.

Edited by Etheus

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'm skeptical of a Hyrule Warriors sequel myself, despite the success of Hyrule Warriors, because Zelda has so few potential characters to work with. They'd mostly just be working with the four champions, Skull Kid, and some of the other one-off villains. Whereas Fire Emblem has a well of characters that will never run dry.

I'd list (Capcom willing of part of it- I hope they would):

Spoiler
  1. Ezlo
  2. Sorcerer Vaati (Wind Demon Vaati as giant boss)
    1. Four Sword (as a Toon Link weapon)
  3. The Lady
  4. Oracle Din
  5. Oracle Nayru
  6. Oracle Farore
    1. Strange Flute (as a Young Link weapon)
  7. Veran
  8. Onyx
  9. Twinrova
  10. Rauru
  11. Saria
  12. Nabooru
  13. Malon
    1. Maybe a Sage of Shadow weapon for Impa.
  14. Makar
  15. Byrne
  16. Hero's Shade
  17. Hena (the fishing girl- what? Fishing goes with insect collecting)
  18. Groose
  19. Mipha
  20. Drauk
  21. Revali
  22. Urbosa

So yeah, not a ton, but still enough for at least one more game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

One problem with FEW is that Fates simply has too many lords. To include Fates at all is inherently dedicating yourself to no less than 10 mandatory characters (Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Xander, Camilla, Leo, and Elise). Fates over-representation isn't really Warriors' fault in that regard.

Now, my approach to the game would have simply been to cut the Fates and Awakening DLC packs (after all, we don't actually need Niles, Oboro, Tharja, Owain, and Olivia), and use those DLC packs for Elibe (Lyn, Hector and Roy) and Tellius (Ike, Tibarn, and Ranulf) characters. Celica and Ephraim could have been the one-off History mode unlocks.

I think the Royals are considered more of a necessity than some of them really are. You could easily cut out at least two of them to make room for other character. Heck, despite Azura being more important than them all she wasn't in the base game either. Hinoka certainly has her fans but she is neither particular important or as popular as some of the other lords. Elise in turn has far too much overlap with Lissa in her general archetype and with Leo in her moveset. Removing Hinoka and Elise and giving those slots to other characters would already have done quite a lot for the roster. 

So a situation where Hinoka and Elise were replaced with Hector and Roy would already create a much more balanced roster. Some ''fluff'' would be removed and instead a whole era previously ignored could have been included to assure the fans of that era that they aren't unwelcome at the party. 

Fates amount of character is tricky but I think the problem mainly lies with Koei just making bad choices. Same with the villains, even if Koei was lazy and didn't consider them a priority then there were much smarter ways to work around that. Add some dark energy around Takumi and Robin and they could easily have swapped the black mage losers with some actual villains without any extra work required. Its probably even LESS work since they'd be spared the effort of animating Iago and Validar. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think the Royals are considered more of a necessity than some of them really are. You could easily cut out at least two of them to make room for other character. Heck, despite Azura being more important than them all she wasn't in the base game either. Hinoka certainly has her fans but she is neither particular important or as popular as some of the other lords. Elise in turn has far too much overlap with Lissa in her general archetype and with Leo in her moveset. Removing Hinoka and Elise and giving those slots to other characters would already have done quite a lot for the roster. 

So a situation where Hinoka and Elise were replaced with Hector and Roy would already create a much more balanced roster. Some ''fluff'' would be removed and instead a whole era previously ignored could have been included to assure the fans of that era that they aren't unwelcome at the party. 

Fates amount of character is tricky but I think the problem mainly lies with Koei just making bad choices. Same with the villains, even if Koei was lazy and didn't consider them a priority then there were much smarter ways to work around that. Add some dark energy around Takumi and Robin and they could easily have swapped the black mage losers with some actual villains without any extra work required. Its probably even LESS work since they'd be spared the effort of animating Iago and Validar. 

I can agree with that. (Any excuse to be rid of Elise works for me).

I would have cut:

Elise

Hinoka

Corrin

Niles

Oboro

Tharja

Owain

Olivia

Cordelia

Rowan

Lianna

Edited by Etheus

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I would have cut:

Corrin

Rowan

Lianna

Snipped for size and focus.

My proposal for FEW before it became an official thing was to start at the Branch of Fate and have Corrin by the new crossing-over evil assassinate them, which causes Nohr and Hoshido to war over their death before and after the world merge. Azura runs off the with the body, Hoshido takes the Yato, Nohr the dragonstone, and they must all be brought together again to resurrect Corrin, which doesn't happen until towards the end of story, and which thus bring final unity to the Fates group.

As for Rowan and Lianna, yeah, I can agree there is no reason for needing them. I haven't played FEW, but I have played Warriors Orochi, and anyone who has knows IS didn't need to invent any OG heroes for this game. The old WO1&2 approach of three-four storylines, SD, Awakening, Conquest, and Birthright, would have sufficed. Just pick someone from each game to be the main narrative character of their faction.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Snipped for size and focus.

My proposal for FEW before it became an official thing was to start at the Branch of Fate and have Corrin by the new crossing-over evil assassinate them, which causes Nohr and Hoshido to war over their death before and after the world merge. Azura runs off the with the body, Hoshido takes the Yato, Nohr the dragonstone, and they must all be brought together again to resurrect Corrin, which doesn't happen until towards the end of story, and which thus bring final unity to the Fates group.

As for Rowan and Lianna, yeah, I can agree there is no reason for needing them. I haven't played FEW, but I have played Warriors Orochi, and anyone who has knows IS didn't need to invent any OG heroes for this game. The old WO1&2 approach of three-four storylines, SD, Awakening, Conquest, and Birthright, would have sufficed. Just pick someone from each game to be the main narrative character of their faction.

I don't think that would have even been necessary. Hoshido and Nohr are already at war, and thus don't need a catalyst. Azura could take Corrin's role entirely, as she is basically Corrin but not completely dreadful. 

I don't even think we needed an original setting. A simple multiverse blending with various, iconic, unconnected stages from throughout the franchise would have made everyone happier. Sure the story would be nonsensical and non-canon, but that is already true of the game we have.

My ideal roster for a FEW2 would be:

Elibe:

Roy (infantry sword unit), Lilina (infantry tome unit), Fae (infantry manakete unit), Cecilia (cavalry tome unit), Sue (cavalry bow unit), Eliwood (cavalry sword unit), Hector (armored axe unit), Florina (flying lance unit), Nino (infantry tome unit), Jaffar (infantry dagger unit), Ninian (infantry manakete unit) (DLC), Dorcas (infantry axe unit) (DLC), Miledy (flying lance unit) (DLC)

Valentia:

Alm (infantry sword unit), Gray (infantry sword unit), Tobin (infantry bow unit), Lukas (infantry lance unit), Clair (flying lance unit), Mae (infantry tome unit), Saber (infantry sword unit), Genny (infantry tome unit), Conrad (cavalry lance unit), Leon (infantry bow unit) (DLC), Sonya (infantry tome unit) (DLC), Mathilda (cavalry lance unit) (DLC)

Tellius:

Ike (infantry sword unit), Soren (infantry tome unit), Titania (cavalry axe unit), Mist (cavalry sword unit), Boyd (infantry axe unit), Elincia (flying sword unit), Ranulf (infantry laguz unit), Tibarn (flying laguz unit), Micaiah (infantry tome unit), Sothe (infantry dagger unit), Jill (flying axe unit) (DLC), Shinon (infantry bow unit) (DLC), Mia (infantry sword unit) (DLC)

Obviously I left out Lyn and Celica just cuz they were already in the game. As for villains, Elibe would have Zephiel and/or Nergal, Valentia would have Berkut, and Tellius would have the Black Knight.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can't list Elincia for Tellius, she's the main female along with Micaiah and represents both games. She's also the most important flier in both games. She brings a unique combination of sword/healing flier too.

My Tellius picks would be Ike, Elincia, Soren, Oscar, Titania, and Shinon, with Micaiah, Black Knight, and Boyd as DLC. Need more axes and bows. and lance cavs. If laguz are added too, throw in Ranulf.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can't list Elincia for Tellius, she's the main female along with Micaiah and represents both games. She's also the most important flier in both games. She brings a unique combination of sword/healing flier too.

My Tellius picks would be Ike, Elincia, Soren, Oscar, Titania, and Shinon, with Micaiah, Black Knight, and Boyd as DLC. Need more axes and bows. and lance cavs. If laguz are added too, throw in Ranulf.

Fair enough on Elincia.

But I don't know how you can make a Tellius list that includes Boyd and Oscar over Tibarn and Naesala. Just being Greil Mercenaries doesn't make them important, just like we don't see Sully, Vaike, Stahl, and other minor Shephards just for being Shephards.

And of course there would be Laguz. You can't do Tellius without doing at least a few Laguz. Tellius without the Laguz is just another Fire Emblem, albeit with a better story than most.

Edited by Etheus

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No Jill, smh

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

No Jill, smh

So? She isn't a very important character. I like her, but I don't think she has enough importance or popularity to get in.

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

But I don't know how you can make a Tellius list that includes Boyd and Oscar over Tibarn and Naesala. Just being Greil Mercenaries doesn't make them important, just like we don't see Sully, Vaike, Stahl, and other minor Shephards just for being Shephards.

Because beasts may or may not be in. They weren't in the first FE Warriors, so there's no telling whether or not they'd be there this time. And because more axes and a lance cavalry at all are very much needed.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? She isn't a very important character. I like her, but I don't think she has enough importance or popularity to get in.

Because beasts may or may not be in. They weren't in the first FE Warriors, so there's no telling whether or not they'd be there this time. And because more axes and a lance cavalry at all are very much needed.

You could say the same for Boyd and Oscar tho. Yeah they're popular, but they aren't very important either just like Jill, even if they part of the Greil Mercs.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Beasts aren't in FEW1 because the beasts in Awakening/Fates aren't as central or important as in Tellius. And for all intents and purposes, manaketes, like Tiki, can be considered a stand-in for beasts. They work on similar principles.

And yes, we need more axes and a lance cavalry, but there are easier/more popular solutions to such.

Edelgard would be a lock in and give us another axe wielder.

If we get Elibe, Marcus is a solid choice for a lance cav.

If we get Valentia, Mycen and/or Zeke are also strong choices for a lance cav, and the latter even has an iconic weapon and would allow people to play as the much-demanded Camus.

And of course we have no idea what a majority of Fodlan's roster looks like. They could, and probably do, have important characters that could fill in for under-served weapon types.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Beasts aren't in FEW1 because the beasts in Awakening/Fates aren't as central or important as in Tellius. And for all intents and purposes, manaketes, like Tiki, can be considered a stand-in for beasts. They work on similar principles.

And yes, we need more axes and a lance cavalry, but there are easier/more popular solutions to such.

Edelgard would be a lock in and give us another axe wielder.

If we get Elibe, Marcus is a solid choice. 

If we get Valentia, Mycen and/or Zeke are strong choices, and the latter even has an iconic weapon.

And of course we have no idea what a majority of Fodlan's roster looks like. They could, and probably do, have important characters that could fill in for under-served weapon types.

Zeke as Camus didn't even get in FEW1, so I'm not sure why he'd get in the second.

Eh, well I like Oscar and would enjoy seeing him, personally.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You could say the same for Boyd and Oscar tho. Yeah they're popular, but they aren't very important either just like Jill, even if they part of the Greil Mercs.

Jill is even less important though, and isn't part of an iconic group like the Greil Mercs.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zeke as Camus didn't even get in FEW1, so I'm not sure why he'd get in the second.

Jill is even less important though, and isn't part of an iconic group like the Greil Mercs.

Ok, but if I could only choose between either Jill or Boyd period, I would pick Jill, I'm sorry

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

Ok, but if I could only choose between either Jill or Boyd period, I would pick Jill, I'm sorry

And I'm sorry, I would pick Boyd because we already have wyvern axe units in Minerva and Camilla. And I hear Koei almost never makes cuts.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because Valentia was a one-off cameo game and not a focus one. That should be obvious. Zeke is actually playable in Valentia, meaning that his joining is contingent on Valentia being a focus game.

Jill is NOT less important than Boyd/Oscar. Boyd and Oscar are generic fill ins for the Greil Mercenaries, and while the Mercs are important, the story important characters in their group have always been Ike, Greil, Titania, Mist, and Soren. Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Shinon, Gatrie, and Rhys could be removed with little to no change to the narrative.

Jill, on the other hand, undergoes an entire character arc, is one of Tellius' most popular characters, is your first Daein recruit, has familial connections to a key Daein boss, and is a key member of the Daein resistance in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Etheus

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Jill is NOT less important than Boyd/Oscar. Boyd and Oscar are generic fill ins for the Greil Mercenaries, and while the Mercs are important, the story important characters in their group have always been Ike, Greil, Titania, Mist, and Soren. Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Shinon, Gatrie, and Rhys could be removed with little to no change to the narrative.

Jill, on the other hand, undergoes an entire character arc, is one of Tellius' most popular characters, is your firsr Daein recruit, has familial connections to a key Daein boss, and is a key member of the Daein resistance in Radiant Dawn.

Jill is a type of unit already in the roster, so she wouldn't bring as much as Oscar and Boyd would. You have to think about the variety as well as popularity. Would you rather have yet another axe wyvern clone or a unique lance cav and possibly unique infantry axe? (since I'm not sure Boyd could be cloned from Lissa)

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jill is a type of unit already in the roster, so she wouldn't bring as much as Oscar and Boyd would. You have to think about the variety as well as popularity. Would you rather have yet another axe wyvern clone or a unique lance cave and possibly unique infantry axe? (since I'm not sure Boyd could be cloned from Lissa)

Jill starts Path of Radiance with a lance... while she COULD be yet another axe wyvern, that isn't set in stone.

And like I said. If there is an FEW2, we WILL get Edelgard as another infantry axe. (And probably Hector as well).

(And Boyd could be cloned from Lyssa. You'd just have to remove the electric/light animations or give him a Bolt Axe as his prf.)

Edited by Etheus

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jill is a type of unit already in the roster, so she wouldn't bring as much as Oscar and Boyd would. You have to think about the variety as well as popularity. Would you rather have yet another axe wyvern clone or a unique lance cav and possibly unique infantry axe? (since I'm not sure Boyd could be cloned from Lissa)

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Jill starts Path of Radiance with a lance... while she COULD be yet another axe wyvern, that isn't set in stone.

And like I said. If there is an FEW2, we WILL get Edelgard as another infantry axe. (And probably Hector as well).

There's other options for lance Cavs as well. Mathilda, Marcus, Seth, Berkut, the list goes on. And Jill doesn't have to necessarily be an axe wyvern rider like Camilla and Minerva. She could differentiate from them by being a lance wyvern rider, which we currently don't have.

I had been making jokes about a 2019 Fire Emblem Warriors Legends before the release of the first one, but those were predicated on the notion that Fire Emblem Switch would get announced and released within 2018. And let's be real they keep saying they wanted to do a sequel both before release and at the close of DLC development so you can't take the possibility off the table entirely. But for the reasons I mentioned earlier, 2019 is a stretch unless they resolve to do one without content from a recent Fire Emblem game, and I don't hear cash registers when people say "now they can add Elibe and Tellius!". 

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I had been making jokes about a 2019 Fire Emblem Warriors Legends before the release of the first one, but those were predicated on the notion that Fire Emblem Switch would get announced and released within 2018. And let's be real they keep saying they wanted to do a sequel both before release and at the close of DLC development so you can't take the possibility off the table entirely. But for the reasons I mentioned earlier, 2019 is a stretch unless they resolve to do one without content from a recent Fire Emblem game, and I don't hear cash registers when people say "now they can add Elibe and Tellius!". 

That depends on how closely KT would be working with Nintendo. If they are fed characters, story, and supports from Three Houses, this could be a late 2019 title to cross promote with Three Houses.

If not, mid 2020 would be optimistic.