I'm gonna call it now FEW 2 will be announced within the next 3 months

thecrimsonflash

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

That depends on how closely KT would be working with Nintendo. If they are fed characters, story, and supports from Three Houses, this could be a late 2019 title to cross promote with Three Houses.

If not, mid 2020 would be optimistic.

Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Echoes were separated by about half a year in release, and it's difficult to say that game was at all "represented". And while I can't say it with certainty, I don't think it's crazy to suggest Fire Emblem Echoes had concluded development before Warriors was announced. I don't think IS realistically fed KT sensitive documents to help them get up to speed. They certainly didn't do it for Tokyo Mirage sessions either when they were building a game about performers and decided "nah, no need for Fates references" when the second protagonist of that game's three versions is herself a performer. If you think Fire Emblem Warriors Legends will have just one character from Three Houses (which will have enormous backlash but this is Warriors we're talking about), you have to think logically in that the release of the two games will be at least separated by those six months like last time. If FEWL is a late november release, than Three Houses is May, or sooner. And I just don't see that as a likely scenario. Of the five Nintendo games slated for 2018, Yoshi and Luigi's Mansion look more finished than Fire Emblem, and I can't imagine they're hurting for more Nintendo games in May or sooner. Nor are they hurting for more Fire Emblem or nintendo games in 2019 in general.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Echoes were separated by about half a year in release, and it's difficult to say that game was at all "represented". And while I can't say it with certainty, I don't think it's crazy to suggest Fire Emblem Echoes had concluded development before Warriors was announced. I don't think IS realistically fed KT sensitive documents to help them get up to speed. They certainly didn't do it for Tokyo Mirage sessions either when they were building a game about performers and decided "nah, no need for Fates references" when the second protagonist of that game's three versions is herself a performer. If you think Fire Emblem Warriors Legends will have just one character from Three Houses (which will have enormous backlash but this is Warriors we're talking about), you have to think logically in that the release of the two games will be at least separated by those six months like last time. If FEWL is a late november release, than Three Houses is May, or sooner. And I just don't see that as a likely scenario. Of the five Nintendo games slated for 2018, Yoshi and Luigi's Mansion look more finished than Fire Emblem, and I can't imagine they're hurting for more Nintendo games in May or sooner. Nor are they hurting for more Fire Emblem or nintendo games in 2019 in general.

Echoes was also a smaller project. A gap bridger. Which would also have made a lot more sense as a gap bridger with the originally planned 2018 release date for Three Houses.

I doubt that Echoes would have gotten much more representation than it did even if Nintendo were collaborating with KT on it.

Whereas 3 Houses is very much a mainline release. It will be more represented than Echoes by far. But because if that, I agree that any FEW2 is going to be a 2020 release and probably a late 2020 release at that.

Anyway, Yoshi and Luigi's mansion are also smaller, less ambitious games than 3 Houses with less risk of spoilers to be had with deeper reveals.

Edited by Etheus

31 minutes ago, Eqstrian819 said:

I doubt we’re getting a sequel. If anything, Fire Emblem Warriors Legends could be used to fill out the current roster as well as throw some new games in, but even the chance of getting that is quite low in my opinion. Could be wrong though.

Koei Tecmo has expressed interest in a FEW2, and they did say they were satisfied with the sales of the game. So the possibility of a FEW2 isn’t really far fetched.

15 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Koei Tecmo has expressed interest in a FEW2, and they did say they were satisfied with the sales of the game. So the possibility of a FEW2 isn’t really far fetched.

They also said we’d get an armored unit. We didn’t. They said they’d “listen to user requests for any future DLC”. They didn’t. 

You’re right though; a sequel may not be too far fetched, but getting it this soon (unless they were simultaneously working on both FEW 1 and 2) seems a bit unrealistic.

7 minutes ago, Eqstrian819 said:

They also said we’d get an armored unit. We didn’t. They said they’d “listen to user requests for any future DLC”. They didn’t. 

You’re right though; a sequel may not be too far fetched, but getting it this soon (unless they were simultaneously working on both FEW 1 and 2) seems a bit unrealistic.

The user request portion of DLC was in regards to all the changes made and attributes added with each update. Don't know what you're talking about with the armor knight

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

The user request portion of DLC was in regards to all the changes made and attributes added with each update. Don't know what you're talking about with the armor knight

Ah ok. I believe it was stated in an interview at some point that there’d be an armored knight, but I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I will say that if we get FEW Legends instead of a sequel (unlikely because Nintendo generally only does definitive editions with a console jump), I hope that existing copies will be able to upgrade to have any new content via dlc. 

Didn't they have all the new features from Hyrule Warriors 3DS such as Linkle, be made available for the Wii U version through DLC? So I think they'll definitely do the same for a FEW Legends.

18 minutes ago, Lau said:

Didn't they have all the new features from Hyrule Warriors 3DS such as Linkle, be made available for the Wii U version through DLC? So I think they'll definitely do the same for a FEW Legends.

I have no idea. I only owned a Wii U temporarily and lost access to it long before the definitive edition was a thing.

I raise it as a concern because Koei Tecmo's treatment of fans is sketchy at best. Buying the vanilla versions of any mainline warriors game is a bad deal, because you can count on them releasing an Xtreme Legends version later as a standalone upgrade (and as far as I'm aware, they expect you to buy the new versions in their entirety to get the new content).

Edited by Etheus

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Yes and no. It was more like transferring it over to the Wii U edition from the 3Ds

7 hours ago, Lau said:

No. You could play as the new characters in the Wii U version, but everything else (new adventure maps, my fairy mode, etc.) was unavailable on Wii U.

I would disagree with the "Too Soon". 
They would probably reuse the same assets, just add more characters and levels. The producers said if the sales are good, a sequel won't be out of the question. Last I checked the sales were good, and they wanted to put more attention to Ike and Roy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a FEW2 happening until 2020/2021 or even 2022 at the latest though definitely not before Three Houses comes out since that game's cast will most likely have its characters heavily focused on similar to Fates and Awakening.

wouldn't say the next few months but I definitely see it being announced at this coming E3 or sometime after. The best time, I feel, to release a game like that would be spring of 2020 which would signify FE's 30th anniversary. What better time to release a cross over FE game than during a celebration of the franchise as a whole

• 2 weeks later...

Well if there is a FEW 2, I'll echo on roster expansion. I'll just put my thoughts on who below. But basically I imagine this would be the same roster we had in FEW1 but added onto, so a few more Awakening and Archanaea, but the main new additions are Tellius and the Two versions of Elibe. Echoes also gets a small addition to the representatives.

Archanaea (more FE12 based): Katarina, Camus, Hardin (dark emperor version), Legion, Clarisse, and IDK maybe Nagi.

Tellius: Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, Nephenee, Mia, Tibarn, Ranulf, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe, Black Knight

Elibe: Hector, Eliwood, Rath, Canas, Nino, Jaffar, Nergal, and Ninian for FE7. For FE6 Roy, Lilina, Fae, Melady, Rutger, Marcus, Zephiel, Narcian.

Ylisse: Severa, Noire, Inigo, Gangrel, Walhart

Valentia: Alm, Clive, Clair, Delthea, Sonya, Conrad, Jesse (or Atlus)

Is this unreasonable and unlikely? Absolutely but just putting it out there.

51 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Well if there is a FEW 2, I'll echo on roster expansion. I'll just put my thoughts on who below. But basically I imagine this would be the same roster we had in FEW1 but added onto, so a few more Awakening and Archanaea, but the main new additions are Tellius and the Two versions of Elibe. Echoes also gets a small addition to the representatives.

Archanaea (more FE12 based): Katarina, Camus, Hardin (dark emperor version), Legion, Clarisse, and IDK maybe Nagi.

Tellius: Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, Nephenee, Mia, Tibarn, Ranulf, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe, Black Knight

Elibe: Hector, Eliwood, Rath, Canas, Nino, Jaffar, Nergal, and Ninian for FE7. For FE6 Roy, Lilina, Fae, Melady, Rutger, Marcus, Zephiel, Narcian.

Ylisse: Severa, Noire, Inigo, Gangrel, Walhart

Valentia: Alm, Clive, Clair, Delthea, Sonya, Conrad, Jesse (or Atlus)

Is this unreasonable and unlikely? Absolutely but just putting it out there.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Saber instead of Jesse? He is plot important to Celica's route. Also I feel like they would have Mathilda instead of Clive cuz girl

i made my own fire emblem bingo for the last direct, and one of the things i bet on was "FE Warriors 2 is teased, ike is the very first character teased", but on a second thought, i don't think we're gonna get a few2 announcement that soon, MAYBE with a direct towards the end of the year

if i remember correctly, they said they're very happy about FEW's sales, and since they said that if FEW sold well they woul've been open to a potential FEW2, i personally expect it

On 17/1/2019 at 4:33 AM, Ertrick36 said:

wow, people already going on about roster

shouldn't we?

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

shouldn't we?

Not when it’s complaining about what we should’ve had.  That’s just pointless and honestly at this point more than a little annoying.  People can’t just move on and look forward to the future.

Also holy hell, this is a moldy old quote to bring me back into this thread.

On 16/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Not when it’s complaining about what we should’ve had.  That’s just pointless and honestly at this point more than a little annoying.  People can’t just move on and look forward to the future.

they "can't just move on and look forward to the future", as you said, but that doesn't mean you can't ignore them

also, as comprehensible as IntSys's reason have been about FEW's roster were, i don't think they're a justification, and that's why i, personally, REALLY that they understood their mistake and won't repeat it, because that would be simply stupid

On 16/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Also holy hell, this is a moldy old quote to bring me back into this thread.

i'm sure you'll get over it

The roster in the entire selling point of a Warriors game, especially a crossover. Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi in particular sell themselves on having over 100 characters. Every Warriors game thrives making its characters as distinct, colorful, and ridiculous as possible. And the entire point of a crossover is getting to play your favorite characters against or alongside one another in wish fulfillment scenarios.

So no, roster talk isn't beating a dead horse. If that horse is dead, then the entire game concept of a FEW1 or FEW2 is dead. The roster is the single most relevant thing here at all times.

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

i'm sure you'll get over it

Don't patronize me.

I'm sorry we can't agree on this topic, and I'm sorry you didn't like FEW, but you're starting to strike a personal chord with me on account of my past experiences with people who took on similar tones with me.  So stop it.  And do not reply to me in this topic again.  You want to talk to me, talk to me in PMs.

I'm not participating in this thread anymore.  So don't tag me or quote me here.  I need to take a break from debates.

I highly, highly doubt we ever see a FEW 2 tbh, but I could see a Definitive Edition of 1 with some added stuff like what Hyrule got. Toss in an extra few characters, few new history mode maps, and package it together with all the dlc.

Other than that, I dont think we will see a FEW 2 for a while, if at all.